Eating right from Safeway

• Has anyone or would anyone try this new selection of foods from Safeway called Eating Right?? "Color-coded spots make it easy to find dietary benefits when you shop" I'm seriously thinking about buying these kind of foods when we go to the grocery store tomorrow.
  • No Safeway here, but if the cost is the same as the regular foods, I'd buy it. If it's higher priced, I would not. We read over and over to eat some fruits, lots and lots of veggies, lean meats and fish, whole grains, low fat dairy, foods with Omega 3 and 6 fats, etc. I can see where it would be helpful, though, if the price is the same.
  • It's also avaible at..Vons, Pavilions, Dominick’s, Genuardi’s, Tom Thumb, Randalls and Carrs.

I looked at the prices online, and they seem to be pretty good. I was worried about the prices too..but we tend to spend more because we buy food to last until the 1st or the 15th.
  • Eating Right Foods
    I have only tried the Potato Leek soup. I liked it. I noticed lots of others in the freezer section and am going to replace a few NutriSystem dinners--some of them sound pretty yucky!
  • Francie...we don't have any of those stores here! Otherwise I think I would try it. I haven't seen a Safeway or a Vons since leaving California!
  • Vegetables have labels now? Fresh fruit, too?

Better to stay away from stuff in boxes, cans, and packages all together.
  • All of the organic fruits and veggies at my store are in see-through bags or boxes. I don't buy all organic, though.
  • I see nothing wrong with buying food like that...if its healthy for you, then whats the prob?
  • Oh dude, I buy the zero calorie Eating Right flavored vitamin waters at Safeway. They taste good and you can have as many as you want for a buck a bottle!
  • Mmmm yes!!! i love the vitamin water!!!!