Old 02-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #121  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Juls, I don't have any advice other than to really think about what you want from life. What makes you happy should be your choice. Good luck and know that you can always vent here - we don't have to be sunny all the time or even most of the time. We're all on a journey to find what makes our lives right so you're in good company.

I was so GOOD yesterday. YEAH!!! Today pretty darn good even with going to lunch. No snacking either day during the morning munchie time. I don't know how to figure out the cals for the lunch as it was a mom and pop place. It was called a chicken fajita burrito and I asked for most of the stuff not to be added (no beans, rice, sour cream, guacamole). I'm guessing in the 300 cal range. AND I didn't eat even one tortilla chip and dip!!!! YEAH!!!!

I did 2 miles WATP jogging and 1 mile WATP walking after work. This morning the doggies took me on our 1.5 mile walk and I'll WATP again. Until I'm really in control again and my clothes fit like they're supposed to, I'm a 2x exerciser.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #122  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Carol - How was your pilates class?

Nikki - I hope your foot is better.

Judy - Hopefully the weather has cleared up a bit for you in Santa Fe. Ooooh, playing "spa" sounds good. It's nice your hotel has good facilities so you can unwind.

Juls - I wouldn't be surprised if your health problems are partly related to stress. I know that my fibromyalgia and arthritis act up more than usual when I'm stressed - something about the extra cortisol I think. At least you get to see your family in Sydney quite a bit. I'm in the more unfortunate position that the more distance I have the better! I'm sure you'll be feeling more positive once you fully recover from your pneumonia. You're probably still weak from that. Take care of yourself and maybe give yourself a treat like a facial or massage.

Marie - Good for your staying on track and doing all that exercise! You're very strong willed turning down all those hi-cal toppings - I bet it tasted good without them and you didn't have the guilt. My DH is in K-Falls for a couple of days on a consulting job. He had to fly down as it was too iffy with the roads down there. I'm glad your hubby's soaps finally arrived. Yep, they are 100% scent free.

I know spring is around the corner because I saw my first robin and the mourning dove family have arrived. It won't be long till "Mr. & Mrs. Duck" come and check out the bird feeder (they've been coming for 8 years). I know it's the same pair as the male has an unusual mark on his breast. Now if this darn rain would just go away for a few days I could tidy the yard a bit! My DH has been traveling more than usual lately, which is a nice change as we work at home and sometimes it's nice just to have some "alone" time. I'm sure he enjoys a change of scenery too now and then. I treated myself to breakfast out and just had a low calorie lunch to make up for it. I think breakfast is my favorite meal.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #123  
Lifelong Journey Member

Ha Penny!!!! I doubt your DH is enjoying this change of scenery. The snow is everywhere. Especially on the roads. They don't believe in thorough snow removal. Take a spot here, leave a pile there. Too bad your DH and I don't know each other better than the one breakfast as I always look for a reason to catch a mocha.

I didn't exercise the second time yesterday. It was the snow's fault. DH was shoveling more off the roof and was trying to clear snow under the attic vents. apparently they're very sharp. They sliced through his gloves and fingers. so we spent the evening at the dr.'s and getting his fingers stitched up. Now the snow will just have to stay on the roof. He's ok, but he can't get them wet at all until tonight so he stayed home. Not to mention he can't do anything with both hands in bandages and splints. He and Blizzard are having movie day today.

the doggies took me for a walk this morning. It was 37 degrees and I'm thinking, "Cool, I won't freeze my nose off like yesterday morning". But alas, the winds were really strong and it was sleeting. I just plain froze.

Food - I'm doing great. No mindless munching!!!! YEAH!!!! Yesterday I was pretty low since we were at the dr. all evening. Then it was too late to eat much other than a scrambled egg.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Marie
Old 02-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day all, good to see your in good form Marie and Penny.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Marie doing what makes me happy is a problem in itself it means someone will get hurt and be unhappy and I can,t be the cause of that so I guess I,ll just have to suck it up and make the best of a bad situation. I,m so proud of the way you are going with your exercise and food intake you really are focused keep it up.

Penny I know it is stress I am feeling sorry for myself I get like that when I,m not well and my family are to far to pop in and see me. I did what you said and I gave myself a facial at home it made my skin feel good, it helps to come here and talk sometimes and to know that I,m not judged. I was thinking about how my life has been over the last three years and I have to say it hasn,t been to bad, I asked myself why my weight is such an issue and you know what it is,nt until I visit my mother it seems like everytime I see her and she put,s me down I decide to go on another diet and I always fail because I,m not doing it for me, this time I am not going to go for something unrealistic I,m going to try for 170lbs I talked to my Doc about this and she said that is a fine weight for me in my terms it is about 77kgs and that puts me in the healthy weight range, I,m doing OK I,m back to healthy eating going for light options and not beating myself up anymore.

Take care all of you and again thanks for being there sometimes it is not all about weight dam emotions get in the way but I,m not giving up, we all have our own stuff to deal with and compared to others my problems are rather trivial.

Bye for now
JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies-

I am so sorry I have not been around. I have been so hectic and for some reason the email alerts have not been coming through. Anyhow, I have been riding the bike a minimum of 30 minutes a day 6 days a week. Most days I aim for 50 minutes. This week was TOM so I used that as an excuse to not eat right. NOT good. I'm on my way out to take grandma to the doctor but I'll check in with all of you a biy later.

By the way anyone else having trouble with getting email alerts in regard to the thread?

love and light
Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #126  

Hello everyone well I for some reason lost my automatic way to get onto this site and of course for got my password. UH! Well I just got it today thank goodness they were so nice to get right back to me.
Juls your heart will tell you what to do sometimes thats just how life is. Life is not always fair and I will be the first to admit that. Your a lovely lady and I hope that you will feel better soon and soul searching isn't always a bad thing. There are times when doing somethings for ourselves benefits others in the long run too. So thats just some ideas. As far as wt. and health that is something you shouldn't do for anyone but yourself thats just my own thought. You have to want it for you and your worth it.
Marie sounds like your gonna have all of our share of snow this year sorry you had to take your own time off. That isn't so fair now is it. Hope your hubby is feeling better. My hubby lost the tips of 3 fingers about 5 years ago to an accident so scary. Not a fun time that was for sure I helped care for him and it wasn't easy on either one of us. Good for you jumping back into the saddle. Your doing great keep it up. Funny how we get off the beaten path a bit but as long as we return to the right path thats the main thing. I know I surely have been there. Penny hope your hubby returns home safe. Having a litttle time to ourselves once in awhile isn't such a bad thing I actually look forward to that opportunity once in awhile.
Judy your traveling again. Hope your doing well.
I have been to the gym two times this week and will try to get there again on saturday my buddy messed up the bottom of her foot. Sounds like a pulled tendon or something like that quite sore so I am doing it by myself. I feel pretty good lately like I am making some progress. But today I did have some pizza for dinner but only 3 chicken wings. Could of been worse at lunch I had a sandwich but on a half of roll. I feel more in control lately and thats a good feeling. When I go to the gym I am more comfortable with trying new things and the treadmill is getting a bit easier. I have increased my incline and how long I am on it. I try to shake things up a bit never do the same workout twice. I even had salmon again this week for dinner. Yesterday I had a lunchoen at work so I tried to be selective in what I took and watch how much did better than in the past. For dinner I made homemade ck soup. So I felt that was a good thing. The only thing is my dinners on nights I work out are later and thats not so smart I need to adjust that a bit. Well take care and sorry this is so long guess I have missed being on here.
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:13 AM   #127  

G,day, ladies I hope you all had a great weekend.

Carol thanks so much for saying I,m a lovely lady, it means so much when you hear it from someone you,ve never met. I go on about my stupid stuff and look at all you have had to deal with by the way how is your DH going these days much better I hope, you really are an your an inspiration to me. I know your right fixing my weight is something I have to do for me, I had a long talk to my Mum today and after all these years I finally told her how much she hurts me when she puts me down, she said she was sorry and she did,nt realize that was how I saw it. I told her that if she loves me then she has to accept me for who I am and the way I am and if that is a few lb heavier than she thinks I should be well that is just the way it is. I have spent all my life trying to do the right thing for everyone else and never putting myself first maybe it is about time I started listening to my own drummer and following my own beat for a change. I know I,m worth it and thank you so much for reminding me of that. I hope your buddy is feeling better, it sounds like you have your eating plan down pretty well, how do you do your homemade chicken soup I,m always looking for new ideas.

Nikki I hope your doing well you sound like you are getting plenty of exercise, I sort of remember what TOM is like not nice at all but I haven,t had that problem for years it sure is an excuse for comfort eating though, just remember as long as it is in moderation thats OK.

Penny I,m sure you are looking forward to DH coming home but I agree sometimes a little bit of time on our own away from them is good it makes you appreciate each other a bit more.

Marie how are you hope DH is on the mend and I hope him and Blizzard enjoyed thier movies good on you for avoiding the munchies, I love scrambled eggs with a few mushrooms some parsley and Italian mixed herbs.

I,m doing OK getting better slowly but surely still not much of an appetite which is good, just the thought of anything sweet makes me feel ill so for me that is a big plus I,m a confirmed chocoholic all the things I love even at the moment makes me go YUK, DH got some chinese take out tonight I had a little chicken chow mein it was nice but I couldn,t eat to much only about a 1/4 of it so DH had the rest. I seem to be eating a bit of low cal ice-cream and drinking alot of water I have lost 4lb so far since I,ve been under the weather and I intend to keep it of when I,m well again too

Take care I,ll check in again soon bye for now.

JULS
Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

HI Ladies-

Carol keep up the good work. Progress is Progress

Juls- I am glad you are feeling better. Good luck keeping your loss of you can do it !

Yesterday I spent the day packing stuff up and moving boxes etc. My back is pretty shot today. I did not ride the bike yesterday but sure got out of breath often while packing. I have 4 weeks from Friday until I move. I am hoping in that time I can at least drop 5 - 6 lbs. I can see my body is getting a bit more toned then it has been particularly my legs are looking good. My mom said yesterday I looked like I lost weight. I will take toned over pounds I think as long as I lose clothes sizes too LOL. I went to dads last night and indulged a bit. Dinner was pork loin and potatoes with garlic bread. I only had 1 serving of each. Desert was a small piece of crumb cake. It was the chips before dinner that did me in lol. I love chips ! Ok enough for me today.

Marie, Penny I hope you are well

{love and light}
Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #129  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi everyone,

The weekend is going great. Really great. I haven't been able to say that in a while. We got Darth Jeep back on Friday evening. DH says all seems good. I get to drive it to work tomorrow. So that is FAB news for us. Then I got all my Kitchen Aid pasta stuff last week and yesterday we tried it out. It was so much better and faster than the Ron Popeil machine that I've fought with for years. I bought the plates that go into the kitchen aid mixer and it was amazing. I also bought the extruder plates but decided that I'm going to return those as the plate rollers and cutters are fantastic.

And I went skiing yesterday. First time in 3 weeks - yeah the snow has still stayed stopped. I was to go with 2 co-workers but one was sick and the other bailed. So I went by myself. I really pushed hard and played on the black diamonds. My legs are so tender today (but it didn't stop the doggies from taking me out for a 1.5 mile walk already). Anyway, it was sunny and gorgeous. And because I was single, I got to use the single line that puts you on the lift right away (triple lifts and they pair you with doubles so that none of the chairs are empty). I skied and skied till my legs absolutely burned. Then I came home and worked on about 2 feet of the 6 foot mound of snow on my side walk. Not easy as I had to throw the snow over the pile. Apparently I have triceps as they are tender as well this morning. With the wings I sport on my arms, who'd have ever guessed there were muscles there??? Regardless it's been a wonderful weekend. And I only had 1200 cals yesterday even with all the skiing. I am/was good. YEAH!!!

Today I have to work from home (almost done with 3 hours worth so far) and since I got nailed with vacation time for the snow day, I'm charging the time back to them. I usually don't but until my contract is fixed for snow days, I'm not in a giving mood.

DGS is coming for a visit on Friday - we'll have him for the night and most of Saturday. That's so awesome. I had to give up a ski day but well worth it. DH said he'd be OK with going night skiing on Saturday after DG goes back to his other grandmother. I really like the idea since I'll be flying to Portland on Sunday morning. (Hint Penny) We also might do night skiing on Thursday night. YEAH!!! I love skiing the steep runs. I guess my fears are subsiding. I even drove the Eclipse by myself to the ski area yesterday (after unburying if from the snowbank on Friday night).

Nikki, back away from the chips. Put your hands in the air and back away from the chips. There, I did my butt kicking. Aren't snacks just dangerous??? You know, Nikki, while bakcing away from the chips - ride the bike away from them.

Carol, glad you found your way back. Sounds like you're doing great. I'm glad that you're exercising on your own after your partner hurt herself. You didn't use that as an excuse to stop. Give yourself a pat on the back!!!

Juls, it definitely sounds like you're doing better. A friend of mine (pretty overweight) just had major surgery and has lost 14 pounds. It's a hard way to do it - like you and her - but you've got to take the positive out of the bad situation. Be glad you have a period of time that you don't even want the bad stuff. Silver lining and all.

Well, back to my work.
Marie
Old 02-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #130  

Marie so glad you got to ski good for you. Nice exercise. I have finally gotten on line with my laptop. Also did you see now we can ck the cals of things on this site 7,000 items cool huh. I saved it to my favorites for an easy reference. Thanks to my Son IL who got me all connected etc. I did go to the gym today by myself never made it yesterday though. It was a nice workout due to weather conditions like a blizzard not many people were there so I got to go on whatever I choose to do. My intake today was good to. I am just moving forward hopefully getting into a reg. routine at the gym tried 2 new things today.
Nikki take every compiment you can. That should make you feel good and motivate you to even higher sights in the future. You can do it.
Juls my friends mom is really a nice person but sometimes she does say mean things to her daughter kind of like what your mom did to you. I guess I am lucky there as I have never had to deal with that from my mom. But I know how bad it must feel. Sometimes my friend because I said tell her it hurts now everytime she starts in K will say mom maybe we better not talk anymore today as your neg. vibes hurt. Then sometimes it helps to let them know they just rattle it out without thinking sometimes older folks have to much time on their hands. I have never met you in person but can tell your a nice person and I am glad to have such good friends on this site as you and the other girls.
The hubby is doing better kind ot grouchy today guess he's feeling better huh? Overall he is doin much better but the doctor kept him on the blood thinners for another month. He wasn't too happy about that and another blood test on monday not happy about that either. I think the doc. doesn't want to take any chances as that little piece is still in there.
Well my work out today was one hr. 30 of it was the treadmill which said I burned 300 cals. Then I did wt. machines for a half an hr. I felt great today. I will make a difference yet! Gotta get to bed soon girls.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:53 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Hi, all, I didn't get lost in the mountains or in the desert! I'm glad to be back home. Santa Fe was beautiful, but I must go back when there isn't a snowstorm so that I can see more. Abuquerque was good, the conference was great. I was in meetings from early 'til late, and my workouts got squeezed out of the schedule. I was up and down with this feverish, flu-y feeling. I felt better on Saturday but worse today...so I'll take Monday off, to see if that will help.

I'll weigh in on Monday morning (preparing for the worst, since I over-ate those last few days, and didn't work out), and will report back, with personals.

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:02 AM   #132  

G,day ladies.

Nikki I intend to keep it off and fingers crossed be able to lose a bit more, I am feeling great thanks emotionally anyway, I,m still fighting this darn pneumonia but I,ll get there, you can,t keep a good woman down for to long besides it is to hard to get back up agian LOL. You sound like you are staying on track keep up the good work, sometimes your clothes a better guide in telling you how your doing rathere than the scales if your clothes are feeling looser take that on board it all counts.

Marie I agree take a positive over a negative anyday I hope your friend feels better soon maybe it will be an insentive to lose a bit more weight. I bet your legs are sore from all that work you put them through but I bet you enjoyed every minute of it you little snow bunny you.

Carol I hear what your saying sometimes as people get older they think that they don,t have to worry about other peoples feelings but they should ask themselves how would they feel if the shoe was on the other foot. I would never go out of my way to hurt my Mum but I guess it just depends on a persons personality I guess. I,m glad your DH is feeling better grouchy is OK just tune out it is easy remember you know how it goes you have kids LOL, I feel for him blood tests are the pits but he will be off the blood thinners soon and he will be getting better and better all the time. Hey girl don,t you ever slow down you put me to shame, I think you are a nice person to as are all the lovely ladies I have met here and I,m proud to have made such caring friendships with you all.

Judy glad your back and everything went well, bummer that your out of sorts but I hope you get well soon enjoy your day off just laze around for a change.

Penny I hope your doing OK and all is well.

Take care everyone bye for now.

JULS.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:37 AM   #133  

I love how quick my new computer is but will take getting used to the keys etc. I had quite a wind storm last night 50 mph and up they say. I could hear it whisling through the woods and trees etc. I am leaving a bit later than norm today due to it all. Awaiting any drifted snow to be plowed. Spring thats what I want to see soon even though its been a great winter here warmer less snow sorry Marie I think you got my share. I am even thinking so planting etc. What was that about roses you were all talking about the other day a rose once you reach a goal mark
Judy glad your back home safe. Hey a friend of mine is a mtgr. at a bank the interest rate she feels is even going to go down more so buying a house might be a real good move. To bad you couldn't of seen more on your trip. My hubby says this will be his last trip to HI I think he is starting to get a bit worried about wheelchairs etc. Judy do you know if we take a rented lite wt. chair for him do they fold it up and keep it in the front of the plane generally
Usually we just have someone meet us at each site with a airport chair but if we take one it will be more of a security to him that he has what he needs etc. I would be interested in your input if you or anyone else here has any info. Well time to go beat the weather.
Food plans: 2 sprout toast with little marg. 1/2 banana
S-apple
tortellino salad with italian h.m. dressing/ one orange
s- one yogurt 60 cal
D- salmon broiled with lemon/dill
scalloped potatoes 1/2 cup/ veggies
S-fudgie 80 cals

/

/
Old 02-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #134  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Hello ladies. Sorry I've been MIA. I'll have to keep this short and sweet as I'm laid up in bed with a bad back. We were walking through Ikea on Saturday when my back suddenly started spasaming and I couldn't walk. I don't know how I got in the car and home as the pain was excruciating - second only to childbirth!

All day Sunday I was flat on my back and couldn't move and my DH had to help me to get to the bathroom. Later in the day I could crawl around a bit on all fours, but the pain was awful. Today I'm able to sit up and have put on a support belt and ice pack. I may go to the doctors if it gets better enough for me to get in the car (not possible right now). I don't know what I did to my back. The only thing I can think of is I moved some books from our bookcase on Thursday, but that didn't hurt at the time. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I'll check back in again as soon as I can.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Penny, I hope you're back is feeling better. Wow, that's scary to suddenly be in so much pain--and in one of my favorite stores, too . Please take it easy...

Carol, once you know when you want to fly, and which airline, contact the special services people there and explain your situation. If you don't think that that using a skycap and the airline's chair will work, you should work out an arrangement before you book your ticket--or try another airline. They may not let you store the wheelchair in the cabin, but maybe they would be willing to check it for you at the gate, and let you retrieve it as soon as you land, instead of at baggage claim.

Juls, I hope you're recovering!

Marie, have you been out tooling around in Darth Vader? I bet he missed you. Congrats on a wonderful weekend--sounds like it was healthy, fun and loving.

Nikki, watch that lifting, you don't want to end up like Penny!

I weighed myself this morning: 221.5 lbs., a three-pound gain, not as bad as I thought. I'll work to get back to 218 as soon as possible. I made two big pots of soup yesterday: one shrimp and veggie soup, one kimchi soup. My kitchen is rather fragrant from the cabbage in the kimchi, so maybe I won't be taking the kimchi soup to the office . I worked out for 45 minutes this morning, and am feeling a little peppier than I did earlier, so I'll probably go to work on Tuesday. I have another ginormous cold sore, but it's not as horrific as it was over the weekend, when I tried to keep my face covered liekt he Phantom of the Opera.

See you tomorrow!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote