Old 01-31-2008, 07:32 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies -

Sorry I have not been around. My subscription must be turned off. I normally get emails when people respond to the thread. I lost 2 of the 4 lbs so far but I wont change my ticker until next week. I have a bad anxiety attack tonight so I am going to keep this short. Have a good night all.

{{ }}
Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:08 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Nikki--I hope you're feeling better. A panic attack sounds scary. I'm glad your losing that weight so quickly. I knew you could do it!

Penny, your part of the world sounds way too interesting for me--floods, torrential rains, avalanches...

Marie, here's my very complicated pear recipe, watch closely: cut a Bosc pear lengthwise into four pieces. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and a tiny drizzle of honey. You can also use nutmeg and/or ground ginger, if you like. (Sometimes I use powdered vanilla.) On a covered plate, zap at a medium temperature in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add a bit of shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese, cover and zap for another 15 minutes. Let cool, then devour. Serves one (or two, if you're low-carbing).

I did a good cardio workout this morning, but I'm still feel a bit off, sorta dizzy with a faint headache. I had a fried egg w/salsa, veggie sausage and a corn tortilla for b'fast; half an apple and string cheese for AM snack; large bowl of veggie-bean soup and some nuts for lunch, then absolutely HAD to buy a dark chocolate bar and eat it in about five seconds . I think it was the headache, plus another day fending off a barrage of problems at work. Feeling crummy always makes me crave sweets. I'm thinking of taking my hypnosis CD to the office; there's one short bit that's supposed to help with cravings. Later I ate my planned snack--half a grapefruit and turkey jerky. Dinner was grilled fish, green beans and broccoli. I'm still feeling vaguely unwell, so once I'm done online I'm heading for the bathtub and then to bed, as far from the kitchen as I can get .

judy

Last edited by judydc; 01-31-2008 at 09:29 PM.
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #108  

Judy good to hear you feeling better. Wouldn't it be kind of fun to really meet each other.
Snow day for me freezing rain made me decide to take a sick day without really being so sick. I plan on going out when the weather lets up later on and go to the bank pay some bills and grocery shop. I first an going to preplan a few meal ideas for next week. I did get to go to the gym on wed and had a trainer which worked out for filling us in on info. and ask questions. I learned some new equipment to work on and my legs are still very sore. Must of worked its a cardio machine rowing almost sitting on the floor and you pull this rope cord thing and push yourself back to as far as one can go for 20 min. Well let me tell yah I felt like years ago when I used to pull the cord on a lawn mower. Hah hah! Well the trainer said doing a treadmill or that would work out well for cardio then follow up with more machines for another 30 min. or so at least. She also recommended that daily we do 30 min. of some type of exercise it could be walking, stairs, bands, streches etc... Just ensure it adds up to 30. So I am trying to get that in on saturday I am going to a pilates class at 8 with the girls we will try that out and maybe still do the swim class at 9:15 aqua fit. I am feeling good. I have induldged in a little red wine this week and some cheese but I still think over all its not been so bad. I have added broiled salmon into my menu and last night made some ck breast and dipped it in some hot sauce I made up served it on whole w. roll. That was dinner with some pretzel crackers, baby swiss ch. and a yogurt as my dessert. Today I am going to brush the dust off my exercise bands I picked up this summer at a sale and now found a mag. with exercises to try and good rating for using them. I will do my stairs 10 times and use those that will boost my exercise for no gym today day.
Judy keep up your good habits and they will pay off.
Nikki Panic attacks are darn scary have your tried an measure of yoga or self massage to relieve them when you feel them coming on or is there no warnings? Sorry you have had to deal with them.
Marie and Penny I am gearing up to make some soaps soon maybe for valentine gifts for my girls and a few friends. There is just something about them thats so relaxing. Penny I see that Yankee candles have now jasimine scents. I want to ck that out.
Menu for today: b-ww little bagel square 150 cal. 1 hb egg 80 cal. little swiss ch. 80.
s- yogurt 100 cals w/ raspberries plain
L- buffalo ck. salad with croutons 250 cals
d- homemade pizza with veggies and cheese ??? salad with vinegar dress/olive oil spices
s-fudgie 90 cals
Oh I made some great Italian sausage soup the other day. It is about 160 in cals but if you used turkey sausage it would be less. I will try it that way next week everyone enjoyed it and it was so simple

Last edited by cckayac; 02-01-2008 at 08:42 AM.
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #109  

Cariol- I'm trying they are not an atack per se but rather I get real dizzy nausea and a bad headache and feel like I want to die. I thought I was getting dsick but it has remained constant when I am at my mom's house but not in KY so I have deducted they are from stress at mom's.

Way to go on your menu.

Judy- Nice job on all your cardio

As for me this is the 5th day this week I am using the exercise bike. Today the scale says 169 down 3 lbs since Monday./ I will not record any weight until my official weigh in on Wed. Buy then I plan to lose 2 more.

Nikki
Old 02-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #110  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, another snow day. Today I didn't fight the roads to go to work. Many roads are closed and I figure why bother. So I'm using a vacation day. Sewing seems like not a bad way to spend it. Already took the doggies out and used my snowshoes to make them paths in the pool area since it's over 3 feet of fluff out there.

Nikki, when are you moving to KY? Will transferring your teacher's license be difficult. Glad you're feeling better today.

Judy, thanks for letting me know how you did the pear. Sounds easy and tasty. I will get some pears if we venture from the house.

Carol, sounds like you're really getting into your gym membership. Just remember to have fun - that's the only way to stick with the exercise.

Penny, Oregon is getting bombed with weather. It's sort of funny how I read all the national headlines and there's no mention. It's truly a mess and when our stuff melts, there will be flooding. No way to avoid it. And tomorrow another storm is to hit. For now, I saw a streak of blue sky and sun and it was still snowing. But seeing the sun was cool.

I'll chat with you all soon.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day lovely ladies you all sound so focused and staying on track well done.
I,m not to bad spiritually and emotionally just feek yuk physically, pneumonia is the pits I feel so tired and weak I suppose there is an upside I,m losing weight 3lb in a week but I wouldn,t recommend it as a weight loss program LOL.

Judy glad to hear you are doing better hope you are on your way to recovery. Your pear recipe sounds yummy something I,m going to try when I get my appetite back, it looks like your doing great with your exercise routine and your menu looks pretty good to.

Nikki I feel for you with your anxiety attacks I had them years ago when my 1st marriage fell apart and they are the pits I hope you feel better soon it sounds like you hit the nail on the head with the reason for them being so bad here,s hoping that when you move you will be on the mend good luck, and congrats on your 3lb loss way to go keep it up.

Carol I would love some of your hm soup just the thought of being looked after is wonderful and it is nice that you even gave it a thought thanks, your always an inspiration with your exercise I,ll be glad when I have the energy to just go for a short walk, the Doc says the type of pneumonia I have will leave me feeling tired and weak for quite awhile oooooh well that,s life.

Marie and Penny I don,t like the sound of all you cold weather I love winter but I think here downunder it is cold enough, we are still having very hot days at the moment.
Well I,ll leave it there catch up with you all again soon take care bye for now.
BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR ALL BEING THERE.

JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #112  

Hi, guys--

Just stopping by to say hi. I'm off to New Mexico for the week. I hsuold be able to check in most days. The hotels have fitness centers, plus I'm taking a few of my workout DVDs. I've just packed a goody bag--nuts, oatmeal, shake mix, etc.--but this trip will be a challenge. Lots of restaurant meals and folks who'll want to go out for drinks...I do not intend to gain weight this week, so I will stay focused on my goals.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

judy
Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #113  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Nikki - I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety attack. I hope you're feeling better. Congratulations on the 2 lb. loss.

Judy - I hope you're over your 'flu by now, especially with your big trip coming up to NM. Try and stay focused, despite all the temptations ! It sounds like you are well prepared with your DVD's and healthy snacks.

Carol - You're doing so great with the exercise - keep up the good work! . That's a nice idea to make soaps for Valentine's. I'll have to check out the Jasmine candles - they have lots of Yankee candles at Bed Bath & Beyond (and I have a coupon!)

Marie - You're sure getting too much of a good thing with all that snow! I guess your package of soaps is still stuck in Eugene - even Fedex can't seem to get through. I heard that several of the major roads down there are closed. I hope you're still able to take your pups out for their "walkies".

Juls - I've been thinking of you and hope you soon recover from pneumonia. That's serious stuff and I hope you'll be able to take it easy and let your body heal. Sending healing thoughts your way .

I'm still "stuck" and not losing, but I refuse to give up! I figure if I keep on recording my meals and working out sooner or later the scale will show a loss. My DH has been traveling a lot lately so I've had more to do "minding the fort" while he's away. Maybe it's the extra stress that's making me hold on to the weight. I also need to schedule a couple of surgeries soon - to remove a painful vein on my knee and I need to get my implant replaced, which is major surgery (not looking forward to that!) Our DS has started his police training, so that's also become more of a reality.

Last edited by penpal; 02-03-2008 at 11:20 AM.
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:01 AM   #114  

Girls just a quick hello and Marie wow are you getting the snow I think you have some of our share for the year. We are in such a weird year hardly any and when we do get it well its not great.
My intakes this weekend weren't great but I did do my pilates class. It was fun and interesting and I am going again next sat. Doing aqua on tues. workout reg. on thurs and pilates on sat. I will try to fit in some exercise daily for at least 15 - 20 min. working my way to 30. I should have made better food choices this weekend but its over now I must live with it and now make some changes today. Take care and I will catch up later oh I purchased a new lap top now that should help the spending in the country huh???
cckayac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 AM   #115  

Hi everyone-

I am still on track I took Saturday off from the bike but will only allow one day off per week. Just wanted to say hi quickly. I have a busy morning/ day. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

{ }
Nikki
Old 02-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #116  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, hope everyone is doing good. The snow stopped yesterday morning and is to take a break until tomorrow afternoon then it'll be back. We took the doggies out (using snowshoes) yesterday, then I used the snowshoes to stomp paths in the back yard. So they have paths that are about 2 feet deep. Kody occasionally ventures off the path (but not for long) and Blizzard can't with her hips. At least school wasn't canceled today so everyone has to work - I'm still irritated that my co-workers got free days off and I had to use vacation time. I hate inequitable contracts. Ours is up for negotiations and I've been vocal about that line item

Judy, enjoy your trip. NM should be fun. Taos is supposed to be great skiing. You should go for me.

Penny, Just take a deep breath and schedule the yucky surgeries. Get them over with during the yucky winter months so that you can spring into the nice weather with health.

Nikki, sounds like you're busy. Take care.

Carol, good job on a new laptop. Do you like it? You're exercise is so varied. That will make it fun.

Well, back to work.
Marie
Old 02-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #117  

Hi, chickies! I don't have internet for my computer, so this will be short. I hadn't counted on a snowstorm, so I'm not seeing much of lovely Santa Fe. But I'm staying in a beautiful place and playing spa.....eating on program (except for a bowl of chili and some chips and salsa for the Super Bowl).

I'm very focused on not gaining this week! It helps to have gotten off to a good start.

Have a great day!

Judy
Old 02-05-2008, 08:04 AM   #118  

Hi Ladies-

Marie-You must be thrilled the snow has stopped.

Judy- Enjoy your week.

I am still on track. Although my foot is bothering me today so I am not sure I will ride the bike. I don't want to hurt it before I move. This week I got my TOM early. That would explain the up and down and up of my weight this past weekend. I decided not to weigh in until next week.

Nikki
Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #119  
Lifelong Journey Member

Nikki, the snow stopped for 48 hours. It's supposed to start back up in a couple hours. I was trying to find a season to date snowfall amount on the web but failed. I'd love to know just how bad it is. The front page of hte paper has a picture of a building with it's roof collapsed from the snow. Two of our schools are closed for roof snow removal. The webcam of my ski area looks nice today but alas I have to be at work.

Judy, hope your trip is going nice.

Penny, the soaps arrived yesterday. I was actually surprised since our roads are single lanes but the Fedex truck made it. I used one and kept sniffing it and it truly is fragrance free. I'll stick with my beloved orange blossom. But they're perfect for DH. Thanks again.

Juls and Carol, hope all is well.

Today I am going to be good. There's no mind talking me into eating stuff I don't need. I will be strong. Time to get my food back into complete control. TOM also showed up early for me this month and there's nothing like bloating to make one face the hard (or my case soft flabby) facts.

So I'm going to be good. I took the doggies out this morning. It's hard to believe that it's safer for me to walk in the dark than during the day, but there's no traffic at 5 in the morning. I can see headlights behind me but during the day I don't hear anything with the snow. And they can see me with my bright LED light. So for now, walking is only safe at night. Silly, huh?

Marie
Old 02-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day lovely ladies it is good to see you all doing so well even with lifes little stresses we face each day.
I,m not doing to bad making the best of it I went to DOC.S yesterday and I,m on the mend from the pneumonia slowly but surely, she put me on 2 different types of antibiotics and told me that after 10yrs of a puffer free life my asthma has returned, I am getting so sick and tired of this body I,m just about ready to give up I,m eating healthy and doing light exercise at the moment, but my poor old bod just seems to be falling apart. I wonder what I,m doing wrong, hey girls any ideas, the Doc say,s it could be stress I really miss my family and that is where I really want to be but I do love my hubby and he doesn,t want to go back to Sydney so at the moment I,m torn I don,t know what to do I have been down with my family alot over the last 3mths and every time I come home I seem to get sick. Anyway enough of that to depressing.
Sorry for ranting just feeling sorry for myself so boring yuk, on a high note I have lost another lb so I,ll take that and go from there.
Take care bye for now.

JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote