Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #31  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Marti-I used to have pink, red, baby white & baby blue tops but I have no idea where they went. For summer, I'm gonna buy NEW clothes!!! Hopefully, I'll be down a few pounds and can go down a size.

Tammy-2 weddings..wow thats awesome!! So much love in the air. I dunno when we'll know when we get the orders, he's gonna give them our list on monday.

Jane-I had 150 guests and thought that was big. It was my big fat hispanic wedding, lol. Do you think she'd elope??? My mom said she wished we had eloped, but I know she was glad that we didnt.

I already finished 3 of my goals. YAY!! Right now, I'm making some lunch and then gonna chill out while my computer defrags and stuff like that. I'm getting pooped.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 01-13-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #32  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

we had a very relaxing Sunday......so far. I need to get my butt moving now that Logan is awake from his nap and get through his clothes and pack away the small ones for my sister's son.....then I have to get their new dresser in their room......get that put together.....and probably ten thousand other things that pop up at me during that time!

I will get the pictures posted probably later after I get done with every thing. I need to email my mom and sisters who took pictures to see if they can send me the ones that they took.

Trish~ Just in reading that short blurb....it has me very interested in reading more on ph balancing. I will look into that later on after I get my chores done for the day!

Francie~ Seeing that you mentioned cleaning out the computer....how often should one defrag it? I was debating if I wanted to do that last night because the computer has been running slowly a lot lately. I did run a scan of the computer and it ended up finding two viruses and two trjoans.....so those got put into the virus vault. Should I defrag the computer tonight? What would it get rid of?

Marti~ We actually lived up there about two years ago while I was pregnant with Logan and right after he was born. But the job market at the time really sucked, and he couldn't find anything. He even applied to the Wal-Mart up there, and was denied because he was over qualified. (I didn't think you could be in order to work there) So, who knows where we will go from here.

Jane~ I will definitely post the pictures when I get a chance. I got this really cute one of Marissa and her shirt that she was wearing.

Tammy~ That total is for the whole entire day from the time I wake up until the time I notice that it is midnight! I even pulled out my big jug for my water and have it filled up and on the counter drinking it! I am about to take it into the boys room with me when I go in there to clean it up!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:15 PM   #33  
I was born this way hey!

Mindee-I usually do it whenever I remember, lol. But dh said to do it whenever its running slow. He does it on his comp once a month just to make sure theres enough room for his comp games.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #34  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I had my lazy day....didn't do much of anything. I didn't sleep well last night and was tired all day. I am not one that can nap during the day much, so plan an early night.
I cooked the ham in the crock pot instead of the oven and it was soooo good. Very tender and just fell apart. Now I have the bone and broth to make ham and beans later this week.
DD got me a cook book of Light crock pot cooking. I am going to pick out a few recipes and get the groceries in for them. DH isn't fond of crock pot meals, but said once a week wouldn't be bad. He did love the ham today though.
Thanks for asking about Mom chickies. She is feeling some better, no nausea for several days and is eating well. She has actually taken Baby for her walk several days in a row now. I know she needs the exercise, but I hate to NOT do it for her when I know she is weak.

Mindee- I am glad you had such a good time with your family. I am such a fan of family get togethers. We used to host them all the time and it was not unusual to have 30 or 40 there. Of course now of our "little ones" are grown up and scattered around. It is hard to get everyone in one place. DH and I just said we were having a big to-do this summer.

Francie- Glad to read your bio. I hope you and DH get the location of your choice. Any of the ones you mentioned would be nice. When I was younger my 1st DH was stationed in CA. We lived in Alameda. I had wished he would re-up so we could travel, but he didn't. My brother was all over the place with the Army. He especially loved Germany.

Jane- I hear ya about the sweat pants. They do tend to get stretched out...lol. I wear them at home some, but recently have done the track pants with hoodies or long sleeve tees more. I decided to go try some of the new styles of stretch jeans and I might like them. I did tell DH that our mission this week is to send clothes to Goodwill. His and mine. Lord, some of his sports coats are wayyyyy past stylin'. And I have some pants suits that are almost as bad. By the way...have fun planning the wedding. (If they don't elope that is.)

Tammy- I remembered that you go to MB every year. I have been looking at websites, but haven't done anything about our trip yet. I actually told DH if we can go to San Diego and rent a place on the beach I would be happy with that. We wanted to go out there when DS graduated from law school, even though DS said he was not going to have a ceremony. We want to celebrate with him! Congrats on the big weight loss. Yay for you!!

Marti- Like you I have a hard time spending money on myself. I know it comes from being very frugal when I was a single Mom. I swear if I hit the lottery I would probably still have trouble spending on ME. I love the word SALE. haha

Trish, Ellen, Cristina, Sassy...anyone else? Hope you are all well. Sorry to cut this short. I just realized I have to get up at 5 a.m. So I need to get in gear here.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:48 PM   #35  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies!

Francie...DS is in the Army, HOOAH! And the book I am reading is Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer...it's good and I am almost done with it. If I would have started earlier today I woul dbe finished! I will make my Jan. goal of 3-4 books for sure, yay!

Jane...Josh is in for a little over a year, August 2009 I believe. Of course it depends on where they send him in Oct '08, or Feb '09. Glad you like the WATP...that is one dvd I really enjoy doing. Will be doing mine tomorrow, not sure which one but regardless it will be slow. I would love some crock pot recipes...I love using the crockpot!

Mindee...does sound like the lady tried to get a claim. Glad you enjoyed your time at your family's yesterday.

Tammy...you need to show us your before and after pics...I would love the name of you doc too! I have two years before I want to get something done, my eyes and neck. We'll see...as it gets close I may chicken out...hate going under the knife. Yeah, Josh proposed over Thanksgiving, right before actually and she came over with him for dinner. Two weddings for you eh? Double the fun!

Sue...I wear sweats at times, and then the workout pants. Seems to be what I wear the most. I have some jeans I wore when I met V and am waiting to get into those but the jeans I have now I don't like wearing because they don't fit right now. During the summer months I wear capri's and shorts. Glad you mom is feeling better.

Marti...is the bathroom pink now and you guys are changing it or are you going for a pink one? I LOVE pink!You guys are going to have fun renovating your house and making it yours!

HIYA Sassy, Ellen, Trish, Jules and everyone else

Nothing much going on...still taking it easy. I am hoping to get to exercise tomorrow but we'll see. It will be very light exercise for sure...the WATP 1 or 2 mile.

Have a great one!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-15-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:55 AM   #36  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing? nothing new on this end......

Francie~ Thanks for that tidbit! I am going to defrag it right now. I wasn't sure if I could do it or not. I should know all this stuff since my dad was a computer programmer!! (I guess after three kids, if it doesn't have to do with a kid program or kid game, then I have no idea what to do!)

Sue~ That sounds like my family!! With my siblings and their families, I believe it is about 40 people including my parents if we all get together! The last time we were all together at my parents house was in 2002, I believe, for my mom's surprise birthday party. In fact, we were just talking about that on Saturday when we were together. My oldest sister and her family wasn't there, but it didn't bring the mood down....we made up for it. I would love to have a family reunion with cousins/aunts and uncles and such....but my aunt has that basically every year around Halloween when she hosts her annual Pig Roast! That is good to hear that your mom is feeling better.....and it is great that she hasn't had any nausea!

Cristina~ How are you doing? How is your back? Ok....between you and Francie talking about books....you all have me wanting to read as many as I can! I will have to go back in this thread and find that link that Francie gave you!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:17 AM   #37  
One day at a time

Mindee...I forgot to mention...I went to your myspace and looked at the new pics from the bd party at your family's...quite the family you guys have. Meaning...BIG! Isn't it great though? Our family isn't quite that big but it is wonderful when we are together. Or at least I don't think there are that many. Well, I guess if you add all the great-grandkids...yikes! Guess so, My back is better thanks for asking! I've always loved to read...since I was in grade school. Don't know if I could read 100 books in a year though! I'll leave that to Francie

Okay, I am going to bed. Came back for a second and it's late. I guess I am dreading going to bed. It is so hard to get out of when my back is bad and Thursday morning I literally was stuck, I wanted to cry. It's crazy I tell ya. I've been sleeping in a recliner in the living room. But...I did get up and lay on the couch for a while...didn't have too much trouble getting off of it so I am braving the bed tonight. I just have to be careful with the twisting and stretching.

Nighty, night ladies
Old 01-14-2008, 02:55 AM   #38  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi All.

Just wanted to post and be honest and say that I am not doing well right now, just struggling, as I know we all have at one time or another, but I think this time its a good thing, as it has made me aware of things that I needed to be aware of.

So anyways, I just wanted to be honest.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Week!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:19 AM   #39  
I was born this way hey!

Sue-You made ham taste so good, I almost forgot that I really don't like it. But I've been wanting to buy a Crock Pot cookbook for awhile now. But I should probably buy one first, lol. If I may ask, what happened to your mom?

Christina-LoL at the Hooah!! Its Hooyah for the Navy..hehe. Into the Wild?? Wasn't that made into a movie that Sean Penn directed?? I'm still stuck on the same book I've been reading.."The Pilot's Wife". I read it a couple years ago, and I found it recently in one of my drawers, lol. I dunno why its taking me so long to read it. for making your goal!!! How did you hurt your back???

Mindee-Your welcome..It's also a good idea to get rid of programs that you aren't using anymore. I had stuff on mine that I hadn't used since 2006..so I figured I would never use it again and deleted it. Oh and..here's the website goodreads.com. You can add books to your profile, join some groups that discuss book (although I am in 2 groups that dont really talk about the books too much, lol), make some friends. It's really cool, I like it alot. Let me know if you join, so I can add you

Did I hear someone mention myspace?? Because I'm on myspace-hehe.

I did all my goals except one today!! Woohoo!! My reward was getting a back rub and falling asleep at 7pm while watching Gilmore Girls, lol. Tomorrow is gonna be another busy day. *sigh* Oh well..At least my living room is clean now.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:19 AM   #40  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
Hi All.

Just wanted to post and be honest and say that I am not doing well right now, just struggling, as I know we all have at one time or another, but I think this time its a good thing, as it has made me aware of things that I needed to be aware of.

So anyways, I just wanted to be honest.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Week!!!

I hope things get better for you.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #41  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Francie - I don't know if they'll elope, or not. In the meantime, I'm putting everything on hold, until I know for sure of the reception date. Katie, Mary, and I are shopping for wedding dresses Wednesday, though, so once she tries on some of them, I bet she'll go for the big wedding.

Sue - I've got a big ol' ham bone in my freezer just waiting for me to make beans. Mmmm.... sounds good. Glad your mom is better.

Cristina - oic about Josh. The WATP I have now is a new version - Walk Away Your Waist. I've had all 3 of the other WATP ones in the past, and sold them on eBay when I got my treadmill. Who knew I'd have to give up the treadmill due to my foot?!? Yikes, I sure do hope your back is better now.

Mindee - hope you're having a good day.

Sassy - aww, hon, PLEASE don't stay away because of that. We're here for you. This is when you need us the most.

Today I'm making a double batch of vegetable soup to freeze. I really like to have it for my lunches, since it's so points friendly.

Also trying to tackle Mt. Washmore. There's no end to it, and it's just Neal and me - how can we possibly make so much dirty laundry???

TTFN!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #42  
GmaTo8

Francie and Ellen - I keep forgetting so say how much I like your profile photos! Very nice!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #43  

Height: 5'5"

To Sassy...hope things get better!

My oh my you guys have been busy this weekend! I don;t know what I have been doing, but I was not on at all!!!! On Sat we did some errands, then I thought I was meeting a friend. I waited at the Starbucks for and hour and a half and felt stood up. Sunday we went to church, then home for a relaxing day of football. My dad brought the lids over,and everyone hung out. About 5pm I got a call from my friend, and I messed up the day!!! Luckily I just ran out and we had a great visit...we lost contact about 10 years ago, and we recently reconnected. It was great! After that DH wanted Fried chicken for dinner. I was really wary of getting on the scale today...but lo and behold I lost 4 pounds!!!! I know most of it was probably water, but I am still Excited!!! I met with a trainer this morning, and now I have some more direction for while I work out. I am ready to do this!!! and so excited!

Goals for today:

~Laundry-washed, dried, folded and put up
~keep kitchen clean
~drink my big water bottle
~try to keep calories under 1500

Have a great day all will try to get on and do inies later
Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #44  
I was born this way hey!

Good morning ladies!!! :

Well I'm proud to say that I'm having a very good morning. I worked out to Leslie Sansone's Women's Walk (which I got from when I tried Nutrisystem) and actually walked the 2 miles. I feel pretty good.

However..ever since I found $20 hidden in my wallet, I've been craving McDonalds sooooooooooo bad. Part of me is saying that I can have it since my diet offically starts tomorrow. But then the other part of me is saying not to have it, because it would defeat the purpose of going to the gym once dh gets home from work, since we usually eat dinner around 6. But since its my last burger, shouldn't I have it?? I always buy from the kids meal anyway (ya, I'm 22 and still eat kids meals. The toys have gotten kinda crappy since I've been a kid, lol.) Although, if I save the money..then I can either buy a new book from Walmart or have money for lunch with my friends on Sat. Grrrrrrr see what goes on in my head?!?!?!?! It's soooooooo annoying!!!!!!! I dunno what to do.

I wish I could go out for a walk right now..But its raining & cold outside and my gloves are in the car and dh has the car. I think my good mood has offically left the building. I'm going to watch tv.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #45  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies...

Francie... WTG on working the WATP! I didn't do anything to hurt my back...it goes out at times for no reason what-so-ever and for the life of me I cannot remember anything I did last Wednesday to make it go out. But I've had it go out (it kind of snaps/cracks) just brushing my teeth. I got the Hooah on my car tags and when I did DS#1-the college boy, said isn't it Hooyah? I actually had to go look it up because my army son would kill me if I got it wrong, My myspace page is, umm, isaidhooah if you want to add me and I'll add you. Be warned it's army related, lol. Actually, it's in support of the troops-army, navy, marines, guard, air force-I support all of them! Although, I am partial to the Army of course. The book is a movie and now I want to see it. I think though I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD-it's not on anywhere. I'll have to check out your book. I would just go and have the hamburger, but that's me. I am not on a specific program but did follow WW. What works for me is not cutting anything out but just watching my portion size. And I too eat the happy meals, so does my DD who is 23. It's just the right amount of food and cals/points.

Jane...I know you freeze the soup often but I am curious how it tastes when thawed out...does it taste the same as when you made it? I am a weirdo about leftovers, so weird that I will only eat certain things and to me freezing something makes it a leftover...like I said weird. I think it's because my mother saved everything and we ate lots of leftovers, or rather they did. I try not to fix so much food that there are but Jason and Vince will eat them. funny when Josh & Charlotte started planing their wedding...Josh kept telling her whatever you want. I asked them if they had a budget-no. I told them I think they need to figure one out and Josh quit telling her whatever, lol. But they started talking about eloping too! I don't think they will but who knows. Of course the eloping would be her going to Hawaii because he can't leave. Glad you are enjoying the WATP!

Ellen... to losing the 4 pounds! That is awesome! And yay to the trainer...would love to have one for at least a month to whip me into shape!

Sassy...lots of hugs to you sweetie. Please don't stay away when you are feeling this way though. Sometimes it's better to come and chat...hopefully we can brighten your day. I can post a picture of me and make you laugh!

Hiya Marti, Mindee, MaryKate, Sue and everyone else

Getting ready to go get in a walk on the treadmill. Aiming for an hour today, a very slow hour but an hour nonetheless. Getting laundry done also.

Have a great day!
Closed Thread