Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #35

to Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-04-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Okay, here are today's posts from Mindee & Katy:

Yay Teri!!!!!! I can't wait to hear!

Cristina~ I mentioned to Tommy that you had gotten the Turbo Jam and that you were going to let me know how it is. It is good to know that they have low impact stuff for us beginners!

SuzyQ~ I hope things get straightened out with your ex. You are right, you are an adult and you are allowed to make choices for yourself!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning!

Well, Walk Hard was really funny and I ate way too much Chinese food, so today is a back-on-track day for me, We had a very nice time and talked about things we want to accomplish in 08 and just enjoyed some kid-free time.

Had a visit with the NP yesterday as well. Still working on my insomnia, though it is improving. I have to turn off the electric blanket and stop reading in bed. If it means I can get to a place where I sleep through the night and awake refreshed...then I'll try it.

Susan - Hope you are feeling better today...maybe you won't have to talk to any exes today....wouldn't that be nice? McDreamy does sound like a nice guy and you aren't rushing anything so I'm glad that you are not letting yourself get pushed around.

Jules - any updates...hope Teri's doing well...or as well as can be expected. Can't wait for pictures of the baby!

Cristina - Diving Bell has been made into a movie; and I've heard favorable reviews on NPR. Eat, Pray Love is pretty good, but I'm surprised that it has taken hold as much as it has, I didn't think it was that good....Maybe lots of women have been crying on their bathroom floors or something.

Hi to everyone else. Not a terribly busy day today. DH and I are going to give blood later - whoopee. I still need to take down the tree. Oh - and I'll probably get in a hike around the park....gotta burn off the Chinese food and the chocolate dessert.

Cheers!

Katy
Old 01-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #3  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

KATY...I am going to have to go see both movies, Walk Hard and Diving Bell. Dd had actually bought the book and wasn't going to read it yet but when I asked her what it was about I felt it was something I had to read. So definitely will have to see the movie. Glad you and DH had a wonderful time on date night, sounded just perfect! And thank you for reminding me to give blood! I have been meaning to do that for some time an djust get busy and forget until they are asking for donations. I'm a little chicken too, lol.

MINDEE...I definitely think you will like it. It really doesn't seem like it would be hard to learn. Pretty basic steps, or to me anyway How's the kiddoes doing today? Still cold there? We are supposed to warm up to 40 today but it sure doesn't seem like it now...with the wind chill it's pretty cold. But...supposed to be in the 50's Sat & 60 Sunday! We'll see.

JULES...thinking of you guys today.

SUSAN...how's it going with you today? Any fun plans with mcdreamy?

SASSY...what's up with you lady? Still working hard?

Nothing much going on with me today. Had a couple of errands to run this morning to get a few things I forgot yesterday to get started with the tj Monday. Didn't have any protein powder, or sauerkraut (sp?) rye bread, celery...the plan is pretty simple and like I said lots of food for me. It is 1500 cals a day so if I don't lose weight with that then I might as well give up now! I was going to post a sample menu for a day (Mindee) so you could see it. Of course you don't have to follow it. I'm just doing it for the 10 days and then go back to the way I was eating...like a pig, lol. Anyway...got my workout in, 75 minutes today and feeling good about that. I saw this guy jogging and thought I wish I were brave enough to bundle up and brave this cold ane wind. DD and I would see him every morning when we were walking...kudos to him!

Any special plans for the weekend ladies? Nothing going on with me, just sticking close to home and hoping to get lots of exercise and reading in. Whatever you do...have a GREAT weekend!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #4  
ugggg.....

Real quickie cause I am exhausted!! Teri went to the hospital around 5 pm on Thursday and had him Friday the 4th at 9:57 am. Little Dominick was 8 lbs 11 1/2 oz, 20 and 1/4 in long and looks just like his Daddy with darker hair. It looks to be a little reddish. Mom and baby are doing fine. He's been fed and had a diaper changed and just made one little cry to say his diaper needed done. Dad did better than I ever expected. His great grandma has held him and my neice Trish is there now. I am thinking about going back to bed...being up for 32 hours straight with only a couple hour nap isn't cutting it!!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #5  
RosieKate

Congratulations!

Give my love to the happy family....so glad it went smoothly.

A great way to start the new year, if I do say so myself

Old 01-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #6  
One day at a time

CONGRAT'S JULES and FAMILY! Give little Dominick lots of hugs and kisses from me! Now go get some sleep lady!

Hello everyone else

Thought I would drop by with a quick HI since I was online checking out something.

Have a good night.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #7  
kitty Momo

Evening -

Wonderful Jules!! Congrats on becoming a grandmother, and I am glad Teri and family are doing well. Hugs to you !!

Can I claim some of your 75 minutes Cristina?? Awesome chickie!!

I am glad you had a nice evening with you hubby Katy. You liked Walk Hard? What is it about? Beck went to see Juno tonight. Tried to get Gab to see Enchanted but she would have none of it.

k- eating was good, drinking water was good, exercise nil, still need to get the shoes.
Plans for weekend is a pool party for Gab tomorrow, 3 year old cousin. After that she will go with her father overnight and mom (me) gets to go out with McDreamy again. What a suffering woman I am. lol No, I am not rushing anything.....we don't even call each other. We email 1 or 2 times a day since we both like to write, otherwise this is going to be our 4th date. It is just nice to have someone to do things with besides sitting in the apt flipping through a People magazine.

blah blah........better go get Beck!!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #8  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

it is really late, so I am going to make this a quick one and then I am off to bed!

Jules~ Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Cristina~ I can't wait to get it!!! I was telling Tommy about how you mentioned that one of the ladies doing the low impact workouts is named Mindy, and he laughed when I mentioned that you said that it would be something that we can do. He is really excited about me getting it!

I do have to add that I can get my size 22 jeans on easier now, but I still have to lay on the bed to zip them up. BUT I am working on getting them on without having to do that!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #9  
One day at a time

WTG MINDEE on your NSV! I was thinking about the turbo jam and meant to ask if you are doing any kind of exercise at the moment? Not trying to be noisy but got to thinking that if you are not and then you order the turbo jam I don't want you to be dissappointed if you can't do them. Even though they have two girls doing the low impact I think if you just head into it without having any exercise under you belt it might be hard. But then you might like a challenge I do but at the same time I am not sure if I hadn't been exercising for a while that I would attempt it. It doesn't look hard but it may take a little while to get used to it. Know what I'm saying, or trying to say, lol. I think I am confusing myself. Have you ever tried the WATP? I think those are really good starting workouts, very easy.

SUSAN...don't let the ex talk bad to you when you take Gaby over there and pick her up. Swimming party eh? I am jealous for sure. It has been so freaking cold here lately I would rather be anywhere else than here right now. Well, as long as it is sunny and warm I don't think you are taking things too fast...you are just dating so you go and enjoy. Don't do anything I wouldn't do

JULES...how's the grandma doing today? And the mommy and her bundle of joy? Hope you are able to share some pictures soon...can't wait to seem little Dominick.

HI Katy, Sue, Sassy and anyone/everyone reading this.

Nothing much going on today. I did get in my exercise, 90 minutes I am very happy...I made my second 10 pound goal today! I can't tell you guys how happy that makes me. Ain't no stoppin' me now! I was so afraid of WI this morning for fear of either being the same or gaining. And no Susan...we can't share my exercise minutes That's something ya gotta earn on your own missy. Anyway, just had to share the good news. Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Happy Saturday

Congrats on the 22 pants Mindee! I tried on some of my smaller size weeks ago and they fit, now they are too snug. lol

*sigh......I don't know what we are going to do with you Cristina. 90 minutes is beyond me...lol. #30 minutes I would be happy with. Pool party is inside a building- lol . It is winter here. So, missy. Wouldn't would you do?? lol He can get to 1st base but he ain't getting anywhere else....haha.

I had yummy oatmeal for breakfast and 2 slices of pizza at the party. It was so good and I was pretty ok with that because I resisted the cake and ice cream.

Gab went with her father and the girls have thier own social life going on so I think I will relax and do my nails and wait til McDreamy gets home from work. I have a pic of him up in my myspace if you want to see what he looks like.

k- off I go....batter up....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-05-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:54 AM   #11  

Cristina~ I have have some work out dvd's that I have been doing, plus the one that Tommy bought me last. I will make sure that I work out with those before getting the TJ. I have heard of the WATP program before, but I don't have any of the dvd's. I will have to look into getting those. Thanks for the congrats on the NSV!

SuzyQ~ I will have to go over there and check out, I mean see what McDreamy looks like. Great job on the avoiding the ice cream and cake. I got some skinny cow ice cream wheel things when we went grocery shopping.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #12  
ugggg.....

Attachment 28045

Baby Dominick--more pics to come later. We were all so exhausted that we just didn't take alot of pics...Geneva took the most and will be getting copies for us. Teri & family are coming home today and she wants macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes & peas. Will get more pics today.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Susan...I know it's winter in OR but I thought you guys had mild ones, didn't even think about you going to an indoor pool, I don't know Susan...just threw that in there being silly. I'll have to go check out mcdreamy.

Jules...what a cutie pie Dominick is! I know you are one proud grandma.

Mindee...I thought you had mentioned working before so that's good. I am starting the tj tomorrow so will be watching them again today. I think I will try to walk myself thru them. I'm still going to walk too.

Nothing going on today, as usual. Just going to watch the tj dvds and get a feel for them like I told Mindee. Going to finish up my book finally! Have about 50 pages to read.

Hop eyou ladies are enjoying your weekend!
Old 01-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon --

Adorable Jules!! I love babies, so jealous. Hugs to you

Yes, we have indoor pools Cristina. I guess OR doesn't get as cold as the east but it has been rainy, snowy, fresszing lately. I think I will look into a pool party for Gab next month when she turns 6...........yikes!! 6,,,,

Mindee - hi sweetie!!

on the run!! Chat later

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-06-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #15  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just hanging out at home. the boys are grounded today and tomorrow so no special treats for them. (i.e. no movies, no special treats, nothing)

Jules~ What a handsome big boy he is!!! How is Dave handling being a daddy? That picture of him with Dominick is cute!

Cristina~ I figured that I should do some kind of exercise while I am waiting for my TJ. That way I won't completely kill myself trying to do it.

SuzyQ~ Stay warm!
Closed Thread