Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #46  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

It's so hard. I myself was down around 130ish and caught myself before I di to much damage. I have a tendance to binge, and heavy, all we can do it get back up on that horse and start all over.
Figured out that feeling sorry for myself didn't work either,just made things worse and binged again.
The support I get from all the wonderful people is the reason I'm doing ok, and the reason I keep coming back here.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #47  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO EVERYONE ~ had a good day, but was a little tired; had long nap and didn't wake until 7 pm. The weather is weird; rain then snow, then melting, and rain and cold. I hate this becuz everything turns to ice and don't wanna go out in that; so just stayed in today.

Hope the colder weather returns for our Winterlude Carnival which starts this Friday night. Didn't do much today at all; just housework and stuff.

CHANTAL ~ hang in there kiddo; been there, done that! You are on your way again; you know how to lose weight already. The key is to remember to make a concerted effort to keep eating healthy when you reach your goal and to find ways between now and then to resolve those issues.

My three biggest triggers are 1) boredom 2) emotions 3) people and circumstances. Now that I'm aware of them, I try to find other ways to deal with stuff. I try to keep as busy as I can to avoid the munchies/binging. I even made up a list of things to do in a notebook; it's so long that I can always find something to do.

Making a journel is a good idea and coming here for support and inspiration helps me a lot too. I agree with BACKATIT, just have to keep on going; forget the mistakes, and move on ... that is so key to success in the long run.

Take care all ... ROSEBUD
Old 01-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #48  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Still icy out there . . . tomorrow we are supposed to get sun and that might help. All day yesterday (and today) the temps are mild enough to melt things but then it freezes up again overnight. Had to go out first thing this morning and was I ever glad I had my Yak-Trax.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #49  
Rosebud

We went from cold and wet to a fierce snowstorm that lasted all day. Had total WHITE-OUT; schools and roads closed in the entire area. So, we could only stay in today; DH is getting bored though. Supposed to be sun here tomorrow too; hope they are right ...

Hope you all have a great week. ROSEBUD
Old 02-01-2008, 12:02 AM   #50  
Rosebud

Had a beautiful, sunny day but it was frosty cold; so just stayed in and didn't do much other than the necessities ~ lol! Hope everyone is feeling OK today; take good care all! ROSEBUD
Old 02-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #51  
Onward and Downward

Beautiful day in NS yesterday -- cold, but -- and another pretty good one is forecast for today. BUT . . . after that supposed to rain and get milder. Actually I hope it rains tomorrow and keeps our demented groundhog -- Shubenacadie Sam -- from seeing his shadow. Hope the rest of you get a good rodent report, too . . .
Old 02-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #52  
Onward and Downward

Our groundhog would be insane to even stick his head out of his burrow this morning -- he'd likely get stuck to the ground immediately.

We are in the middle of a nasty ice storm and the lights are giving us those periodic little flickers. Hopefully it will switch over to plain rain before too long, but right now I can hardly even see outside because of all the ice clinging to the screens.

Hope to see you later.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #53  
Acadian Chick

S/C/G: 280/280/130

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Thumbs up Hey everyone

Hello all,

Thanks for the guidance and support guys.

Back at it:You are right.I am going to stop feeling sorry for myself.I have to remember that tomorrow is another day and one bad day doesn't ruin the rest of my week.

Justwant2behealthy:What a great idea!A notebook with activities.Instead of walking in circles trying to figure out how to stop thinking about food,I'll go and pick out something to do from my list.

Today was a great day,
I went to the gym with my great friend Nicole.I can now walk 3.0 mph on a treadmill (I think its mph lol).Before i could barely do 2.1mph.Afterwards we went to Dairy Queen.I ordered a medium Blizzard and I only ate half of it.It was good.It was Peppermint Chip...MMmmm...Before I would have ordered a double cheeseburger,a large fry,a large drink and a large blizard with extra toppings.I have made amazing progress!YAY GO ME!!!

Chantal
Old 02-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #54  
Rosebud

We had lovely sunshine most of the weekend; so I guess that means any groundhogs around here saw their shadow: whatever that means??? I don't really know; I'm not sure we have any groundhogs here. We do have martins, minks, chipmunks, and beavers though (don't know if that counts).

Had a wee spinkle of dusty snow this aft. Went SKI-WALKING yesterday and took some more pics with my Christmas gift (a digital camera; my newest hobby).

Today, we just stayed in and had a group nap this aft. Had a nice thick turkey-veggie stew for dinner; good and healthy.

CHANTAL ~ am glad things are going better for you this week; good for you going to the gym (and for having self-discipline at the dairy queen). We don't have those here, thankfully (yeah~no temptation~lol).

Hope you all have a great week! ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-03-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:56 AM   #55  
Onward and Downward

Yesterday was extraordinarily busy for me and my calorie intake wasn't good either -- seems I can handle one meal out on any given day, but never two.

Hopefully today will be a lot calmer and I'll actually be able to get my laudnry finished.

Have a great one, gang.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #56  
Rosebud

HELLO COOL CANUCKS ~ we had a busy day today too; went shopping and walked my feet off (now they are throbbing). That means an early night. Today is our monthly treat day; one day a month, we allow ourselves to have one of our favorite treats. I like it becuz it has helped me stop binging, as I know that I will get to have something again soon.

I try to keep it reasonable so as not to ruin a whole week or month. I see some people here who have an ounce of chocolate each day and put it within their daily allowance too. These are some great tricks to fool the mind and body. Hope you are having a great day ...

ROSEBUD
Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #57  
Onward and Downward

Last edited by meowee; 02-05-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #58  
Onward and Downward

Old 02-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #59  
Rosebud

BACK AT YA! LOL!

YAH, it is gittin' pretty sparce around here; I didn't post last night becuz I was really tired and went to bed earlier than usual. We had a lovely sunny day; albeit, it was very cold with a cool wind to boot. More of the same expected for tomorrow, but colder (-30C's) with more sunshine; that's OK with me as long as there is some sunshine.

Just did a whole lot of housework today; and darning socks tonight. Hope some more of our COOL CANUCKS drop by sometimes soon. I did notice that there are dozens of Canadians on this site; maybe some of them don't know about this thread???

ANYHOW ~ hope you all have a good week and a good night too; and take good care ROSEBUD
Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #60  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Didn't even know you were here!

Hello from Victoria, BC!
I'm a newbie to 3FC and have been posting on 100+ but just found your thread - so hello!
I've been calorie counting with determination and some success since Jan. 1 (how cliche!). Joined a gym, hired a trainer, stopped going to Timmy's on my way into the office (although we DO have Tim Bit Monday's at my office - luckily I go in late and they are usually all devoured). So far I have dropped 15 lbs (hoping for 17 by my weigh in tomorrow) - so that's leaves me with 85 to go! I'm taking it in 10lb bites though. The entire amount seems very overwhelming. My motivation is that I want to get pregnant this year sometime (I'm 37) and I will not do it again while I am overweight - and I REALLY want another baby So yes, I hope to lose weight so that I can gain some back right away!
See you on-line!
Robyne
Closed Thread