Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #421  
TBL Black Team Member

S/C/G: 253/237/153

Height: 5'8"

Tammy!! Glad to see you join us on our journey!

The little egg with the yolk means you're online, the exclamation point is there to report a post that's offensive or otherwise not suitable for 3FC.

**Warning!! Vent**

I went for my weigh-in this evening and I'm up almost a whole pound again. I mean WTF? I'm following the plan exactly and I've totally changed my eating habits. Why can't I lose weight?? I have PCOS so that makes it even harder to lose weight in the first place but I kind of expected to lose more than 3.8 lbs in a month. I always thought that obese people lost the first 15-20 lbs quite quickly and then slowed down like people of a healthier weight. I'm considered morbidly obese so you'd think that I'd be down at least 10 lbs by now.

Sorry... needed to get that off my chest... I'm super upset right now and feeling like a failure.

I'm going to go play POGO for a while, it helps me de-stress a bit. I'll check back in the morning to see what's new.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #422  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Just run your curser over each of them to see an english explanation . . . smetimes I really hate all these little symbols . . .

You use the red exclamation mark to report a post -- say you come across someone using foul language or spouting ethnic slurs or just being rude and nasty -- click on the exclamation mark and you'll be taken to a screen where you can type up a little comment and your comment, along with the original offensive post will be forwarded to all the Moderators so we can take action to correct a difficult situation.

Of course, if it happens in an area where you know I'm involved (like in this forum) you can just send me a private message if you prefer. Do you know about PM's yet?

See you soon . . .

The "egg yolk" and that's as good a name as I can think of for it. just indicates that the poster -- in this case me -- is on-line and that let's you know if someone is around to read a message you might want to send them at that particular time.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #423  
Onward and Downward

Don't you just it . . . HALICHICK . . . managed to explain in one sentence what it took me 4 paragraphs to say . . . do you think I'm long-winded.

Vent away, girl . . . we are here to listen . . . BTW, I'm Diabetic and that makes losing a real chore too. Of course my age doesn't help any. But don't you fear it will happen. Unfortunately the nasty old scale- doesn't move at the speed we would like very often -- if I can lose 2 pounds, it's a good month. It has taken me 27 months to lose 60 pounds; and yes it is frustrating as Heck; but always remember that it was the tortoise that finally won that famous race. Hang in there.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Thank you ladies ! I am more intelligent as I read these posts!! LOL

Start date : April 24th 08
Start weight : 253
Current weight : 251.6

@---)-)---Tammy @---(-(---
Old 04-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #425  
Onward and Downward

BTW . . . what's your dog's name? I have five cats but my closest 'real-life' friend around here has 2 cats and 7 dogs -- 4 chihuahuas; 2 yorkies; 1 toy poodle.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #426  

Hi Everyone,
I just joined 3FC's yesterday! What a great place.

I'm Susan, and I live in Toronto. I'm 55, married, two sons, both in their twenties.

I joined Weight Watchers 'again' yesterday, but this time with a difference. I have Type 2 Diabetes now and really 'want' to get healthy. I quit smokin three months ago, and that was the first step.

I am also going to the gym, though I admit, I have to haul myself there! They tell me it gets better!

I have been finding some really inspiring stories in 3FC's. It is really helpful because I had lost hope that it could actually be done!

I have a hundred pounds to lose.

Does anyone have experience with the Core program in Weight Watchers? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:54 AM   #427  
Onward and Downward

Hi there SUSAN . . . . . . so glad to have you joining us, Chickie.

I noticed that you've already found some of the other 3FC spots I was going to recommend to you -- The Diabetes Forum and the Age50+ Forum, for example . . . afraid you'll be seeing a lot of me and my cat Purrecious (who is staring at you from my Avatar, BTW, she's one of five) since I'm the Moderator in both of those places too. Obviously we have a lot in common, including the fact that I'm originally from Toronto, a Type II Diabetic (over 20 years); and "of a certain age" too. I also have two grown sons (mine are older than yours though, by quite a bit -- oldest is mid40s); and I still have over a 100 pounds to lose. Hey, we can both do this.

Did you notice in the Diet Central area that we have a very active Weight Watchers area with sub-forums for both Core and Flex? I know you'll find lots of support over there, too.

And a great Good Morning to all the other CRAZIES, too -- hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned . . .
Old 04-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

7 dogs !?!?!?!?! Really ???

Wow!

My chihuahua's name is Rambo!!! LOL

Hi Susan, great to meet you :-)

Have a wonderful Thursday Crazies xox

Start date : April 24th 08
Start weight : 253
Current weight : 250.8

@---)-)---Tammy @---(-(---
Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #429  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Susan!

And people thought my place was crowded with 3 kids, 1 dog, 2 cats, a bird, DH and 3 babysitting kids.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #430  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Susan, Tammy and Fauxtini. I'm just getting around to give you a big welcome.

I have no dog. I have no cat. But I scratch my husband's back every day and feed him when he's hungry. He's pretty well trained and doesn't shed much.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #431  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Hali - Take a breath. Each week a lost of 1-2 is a healthy goal 3.8 is in a low but good range, Beats losing nothing and gaining more! You can do it! Have a walk and a nice bath. We are here for ya!

Isabella - You are to funny. You're giving me somthing to look forward to. A trained hubby!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:44 AM   #432  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

This thread is getting quite long -- we like to keep them under 500 posts, because long threads do slow down the loading time -- so, here's a link to our new home for the next few months.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...95#post2178995

See you over there, everybody . . .
Closed Thread