Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile

Hi ladies,

Wow, Kim, suz, I love the goal. Dannie Congrats on the 3 lbs!I need to focus on getting to the 160's I've been in the 70's toooo long. I actually gained some weight this week but it was sooo worth it!! I felt so good today that My DH and I went to Dinner and a movie. Yesterday I had pizza!! and Sunday I had 2 bowls of Cereal!!

I start my new set of chemo thurs. They are changing the chemo treatment which its suppose to be alittle tougher on the body. But the good news is Just 3 more treatments and I'm done with Chemo!
I saw my doctor in Tampa this week and he said my stomach and breast are healing great! He wants me to start doing sit ups and leg lifts.
That's to help strengthen my stomach muscles again. Since I've been doing alot of sleeping and just lying around I've noticed I'm getting flabby elsewhere too so I guess I need to quit yaking and do what the Doctor ordered!!
Kiwi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #122  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Afternoon Ladies
Well it finally stopped snowing we ended up getting at least 6 inches and it was heavy to shovel It took both my DH and I a good 45 minutes to get it all done

Kiwi I hope this new chemo is not going to be as hard on you as they say Are they using this new chemo for your last 3 treatments or just this next one?

My DH started working on the new bed for the bedroom we just finished I hope he can get it done by the weekend so we can take it easy again this weekend

Well I better go take care Suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #123  

Smile

Suz I like cold weather but I'm glad I'm not in your area. I've been watching the news and it looks really bad.

The new chemo is for the next 3 treatments. I go in on thursday for the treatment and then go back Friday and they give me a shot. Its to keep my white cells from getting to low. From what I understand its actually the shot that makes it worse because it causes your bones to hurt. All the bones in your body are trying to rebuild and apparently it causes you pain. But for some ridiculous reason they can't give me pain med until I'm actually in pain. The doctor said I would just need Tylenol. But 2 friends of mine have already been taking it and they said doc said the same thing to them and they were in horrible pain and had to get percocets to ease it. The doc. apologized and said sometimes that happens. My thought is give me the pain pills and if I'm not in pain I won't take it.
Anyway, I hate needles and pain so I'm just whining. The Lord has been so good to me about all this maybe I won't have any pain at all. Why invite the thought.

Here is hoping for you some warmer weather!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Love Kiwi's picture on my space.....you look absolutely AWESOME!!!!!
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #125  
Want out of my FAT pants

S/C/G: 216/159/150

Height: 5'5

Good Morn everyone

Kiwi so glad to hear from u Sorry u have to endure a rougher Chemo session, but you r a tough old bird, I am sure u will not have any problems. "HE" has brougt u this far, "HE" will not let u down now! Keep us posted on how u are doing, contray to popular belief "we" do care how u are

Suz I too am sick of the snow, I am going to Alabama in about a week for some good old fashion sunshine my mammy says it is in high 70's low 80's which sounds wonderful from this snowy below zero

Well gotta run oh...I lost another lb I feel soo much better now that I am back on track keeping fingers crossed I don't fall off the wagon again..

Danni
Danni Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #126  

Smile

Thanks Kim and Danni for the comment. Well it was official today. i gained 3 pounds from last 3 weeks. They put me on steroids today so that should boost the weight gain. I hear it comes off pretty fast once you are off. So I'm not going to worry to much about it unless I blow up like a balloon.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:38 AM   #127  
suz
suz

Morning Ladies
Kiwi My prayers are with you and HE will watch over you

Well we got about another 10 inches of snow over the weekend so we spent about 3 hrs total over the weekend shoveling now is supposed to get warmer this wee and we will get rain on thursday That should make a good mess

Danni Congrats on the weight loss don't let your mammy over feed you thats what my Mom used to do

Kim You are going great keep up the good work

How is everyonr else doing?

Well I weighed in this morning and I am down 1 1/2 lbs I must have done something right last week

Take care Ladies Suz
Old 03-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #128  

We had 12 inches of snow.....stayed in and tried to work from home. Almost all the snow is gone this morning I noticed on my way to the gym.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #129  

Smile

Good morning,
Wow, toooo much snow!! I'm glad I'm in Florida!

I lost the 3 pounds I gained!! It must be just fluid. I was told I would start gaining fluid on this new chemo. Its actually, suppose to be rougher but so far its been great!.
The only negative thing so far if you want to call it that. Is I eat more even though I'm not hungry. Maybe the steroids causes that? I keep wanting to eat something to get this weird taste out of my mouth. I need to just suck on mints. I don't even feel like I've been on chemo yet. Normally, after treatment I'm tired about the 3rd day and start getting nauseated but this time NOTHING!!

Today they give me a shot to keep my blood count normal. This shot is suppose to make my bones hurt really bad for a while as my white counts starts building back up. (horror stories from other people on it) But they will give me percocet to help the pain if it gets to bad. I don't have anymore steroids to take so I hope that doesn't change how well I've been doing so far. It doesn't effect everyone that way so lets pray I'm one of the ones it doesn't cause pain.

Hope everyone is doing good.Today is a pretty day. I bought me some new jeans with designs down the front of them. Pretty sharp! First time I've been able to wear jeans since surgery. I could have gotten a 14 but I feel more comfortable in a 16. Especially if I wanted to actually sit and eat!!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #130  

Smile

Unbelievable Day!! Well, I took my shot Monday and then went to have lunch with my DH. While there I told my DH my eyes were getting very heavy and was hard to keep open. Then he and the room got very bright and I said I think I'm going to pass out. The next thing I know I'm in a ambulance and I spend the rest of that beautiful day at the ER.

They gave me a Cat scan, EKG, Ultra sound, blood test, urine test, and pumped 4 bottles of fluid into me. I was there until 8:30 PM that night and the reason for all of this.........uh?? They don't have any idea. Maybe the chemo, maybe the shot, My potassium was down, my blood pressure dropped which probably caused me to pass out.

I had to see the oncologist Tuesday and he said he has never had anyone react to the shot that way so he's not really sure it was the shot. They took me off my high blood pressure medicine since my blood pressure dropped and they will watch it and who knows I may not need to be back on it for a while if this chemo keeps my blood pressure low anyway. (one less medicine to take .....always a bright side)

Oh, you aren't going to believe this but when they gave me the 4 bottles of fluid it put literally 9 pounds on me!! I think they over did it. I was so red and round like an apple I looked really weird!

I'm back to normal weight and color now but they said I was dehydrated. I'm not sure how that happened 'cause I haven't had diarrhea or throwing up. I've been drinking I guess just not enough. Today I feel good. My bones are not hurting anymore or at least that bad so I'm able to move around.

Today is another beautiful day, I think I will just spend the day in the comfort of my home!!
Old 03-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #131  
suz
suz

Afternoon Ladies
It is a beautiful day today sun is shining the temp is at or above the freezing point Oh yah we also got another 2 inches of snow last night, the snow banks are higher than my SUV some are right up to the bottom of the stop signs

Kiwi So glad you are OK I bet you gave your DH a scare The fact that you were dehydrated may also caused you to faint You have to look after your self better

Hope everyone else is doing good have a great weekend Suz
Old 03-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #132  

Kiwi.....you are awesome. You find humor in the most amazing things!!!! If I ever get sick.....I want to be like you!

Had a fitness assessement and I flunked the step test. I was supposed to do 3 mins but only did 1.5 mins. I thought I was in better shape but I guess not. I have to build my endurance and practice my push ups....I only did 13 of the girly kind.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #133  
Want out of my FAT pants

S/C/G: 216/159/150

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone

Long time no talk It has been crazy over here.

First of all Kiwi so glad u are alright. The meds they are giving you can very well dehydrate you, you will need to increase the fluids that u already are taking, if you drink 4 glasses of water a day drink 8 for example, especially during this round of chemo. Did they keep you for observation after they gave you the shot? Usually when they introduce a new med they have the patient hang around for about 30 mins or so after just to see how they react, your next dose u may want to hang out a while, watch out for those percocets they make ya loopier then ya already are

Suz great job on the weight loss 1 1/2 lbs you go girl. Shovel snow pssh, I don't shovel but good exercise for you, if my son cannot snow blow it, I pay the neighbor kid to do it and I stay in nice and toasty but I am sick of this

Kim..sorry to hear u failed your test after u get your endurance up you will Keep up the great work

Well for me it has been Dr.s, hospitals and more Dr.s I had to have a biopsy done yesterday spent Monday in the Hospital most of the day I seem to be hemorraging and no one seems to know why After a routine ultra sound they found what could or couldn't be a huge cyst on my ovary, but with the heavy bleeding could mean the big "C" so now I sit and wait for the results
Good news during all this stress I have managed to lose another 2lbs So stress is good for something eh?
Well gotta run, stay true to yourselves ladies and I will keep ya posted on what is going on with me

Love
Danni

Last edited by Danni Marie; 03-13-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Danni Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #134  

Smile

Hi Everyone,
Took a turn for the worst there for awhile but doing better now. Have to go to the doc for blood work today so I'm glad to be getting out.

Danni I'm praying for you. I'd rather it be a cyst than cancer but I'm praying the Lord will just heal it all!
I'm sorry to hear all that happened to you. Once you reach a certain age things just start falling apart. It stinks getting old. What the heck happens to our bodies!!
Let us know what is going on.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #135  
suz
suz

Ladies

Danni I will pray for you and lets hope it is nothing serious Keep a positive attitude and your sense of humour

Kiwi glad you are feeling a bit better You are so right this getting stinks so many little aches and pains and doctors

Hope everyone else is doing OK

Suz