Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #106  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hey everyone,
Congrats on the losses Enygirl and Karen!

teacher1 & cherryautumn--I struggle everyday to stay on plan. Some days I do better than others.

ttg--great job on your determination to get that workout in!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:36 PM   #107  
I will be a fit chick

S/C/G: 128/128/108

Height: 4'11

Default Impressed

I am so impressed witheverybodys progress. I am so glad I found this thread.

Karen31: WOW - 300 crunches? Do you do them all at one time or spread out in sessions? I have a stability ball that I use for crunches but never have I done that many. You are a huge inspiration that it can be done!

I started to use Fitday to monitor my food intake and workouts, but I have to admit, I am not convinced I will keep that up. It's so time consuming. I generally get home around 5:30, then there is the usual mom stuff. I think it might be best to not take the chance to get caught up in that when I could be using valuable time to workout. I did get in a very late workout last night, but generally, I would rather get it in between 6:30 and 8.

i have tried to keep food journals in the past, but found I quit that as soon as I fall off the diet wagon. I think if I do have a bad food day, I should do the reverse and punch everything in. I think seeing things in writing in front of me would be a deterent.

Hope everyone has a motivating, uplifting, "sweating workout" KIND OF DAY
Old 01-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Okay, this was a bad day. The kids were horrible to say it nicely. Plus, I didn't workout and don't plan on it. I'm sitting here in my PJs playing on the computer.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #109  
I will be a fit chick

S/C/G: 128/128/108

Height: 4'11

Default American Idol anyone?

I don't watch alot of tv, but I did get hooked on American Idol during season 4. It starts tonite. Since I am determined to get 60 minutes of cardio, my plan is to use my mini stepper while watching and use stability ball for cruunches!
ONE HOUR TO GO...
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm once again just getting home after a long day - and now I'm working. I swear I need to workout sometime! this is day 3 of this week - and I haven't worked out at all.

Maybe I should just say screw work - and do at least a 20 minute in home walk... ugh... actually that's what I'm going to do. Work can wait a 1/2 hour!!! I'll check back later - AFTER I do some exercise!!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 01-15-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #111  

I was back on track today with my exercise. I was still a little out of control with my food.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #112  

i have to remind myself sometimes that i am not the only one having such a hard time.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #113  

Cherry - there'es and Ann Landers quote that I think about (and actually have posted in my cube) that helps w/ my "poor me" moments - "When life's probelms seen overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate."

Not that I don't think everyone has rough times, hardships and needs sympathy from time-to-time.. but it helps to put things in perspective.

I bought a new Yoga/pilates DVD last night... i'm excited to try it out tonight!

Down to #180.8 this mornign .. I can "see" the#170's!! THAT ROCKS!!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 01-17-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Hi Everybody! My goodness it is cold here! When I got up at 5:00 this morning to let the dogs out it was -20 degrees!! They sure didn't stay out long and came back and jumped back on the bed! Can't blame them! But we are already up to a great bit 7 degrees now! WOW!

ttg- When I do the crunches on the ab lounge it usually takes about 15 minutes to do 300. I try to go at a steady pace and most times it is about 5 minutes for 100. So that is what I try to do. Now I'm doing 400 in 20 minutes. The ab lounge works better for me since I was in a car accident some years ago and this supports my back pretty good.
That is a good idea to use the time watching AI doing cardio! Think I will make that work for me too! I have the Gazelle in the living room so that should work fine!

enygirl-- I have found that I just have to make myself do for me first! I have tried to do "this" and then I will workout but for some reason "this" ends up being "20 This" and then I don't get to it! But I need to work on getting a better routine down for myself too! Like today--- I would much rather sit on the couch and wrap in an afghan and stay warm! don't burn off to many calories that way though!

Cherry-- don't be to hard on yourself! everybody has bad days. You just have to pick yourself up and keep on going. That is why we are all here and so happy that we can get so much encouragement from everyone here.

Well, I need to get going this morning. I do need to go to town and am not looking forward to going out in this cold! One good thing--- it isnt snowing YET! Have a good day!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #115  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

teacher1 & cherryautumn--I had 3 really bad days and now I'm on my second good day. One moment at a time.

enygirl--congrats on the loss!

karen--its snowing here!

ttg--LOVE American Idol. I started a thread in the general chatter forum
Old 01-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #116  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls, I had a .2 gain at my WI yesterday, but I wasn't totally OP w/my eating last week so I'll take it! Now to work through all the b-day cake today and cake and party food on Saturday (it's my son's 9th b-day today and we're having a bowling party on Saturday...)

Congrats on all the losses and maintains, and heck, even if you gained a little, we are all still trying to lose right??? Good attitude Shay--one moment at a time.

twenty, I try to journal my food (since I do WW) even if it's painful to write down... sometimes I just right everything down, but can't even calculate the point values because I don't want to see how badly I did. I used to use fitday too, but yes it is time consuming, and alot of ethnic foods that I eat I have to create myself to log it, so it is a pain in the butt. A good old fashion notebook works just fine for me too.

Another Idol fan here I didn't get to catch last night's show though
Old 01-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #117  

Hi all-
This week has dragged on. I'm soooo glad the 3 day weekend is right around the corner
Old 01-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #118  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher1 View Post
Hi all-
This week has dragged on. I'm soooo glad the 3 day weekend is right around the corner
Ditto! I actually stayed home from school today and yesterday b/c I have bronchitis. I'll be going back tomorrow, but TGIF anyway! lol
Old 01-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #119  

nicole - are you feeling better? I hate being sick!

I'm tired today - 68 hours of work in a week tireds one out.. ugh. I'll probably have to do more this weekend. - but tonight I'm just chilling. I have to remember to drink my water this weekend. I don't want a bad weekend to ruin my GREAT week! I didn't work out as much as I wanted to at all - but It's getting better.

Teach- you're right - I do need to put myself first. I did last night and the yoga felt great

Alright girls - here's some and for the weekend!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #120  

Hey gals,
I'm so happy the 3 day weekend is here. My plans are to get lots of exercise time in
Closed Thread