Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi everyone-
Welcome twentytogo

I count calories, keep a food journal, and exercise.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:12 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone.

Well, we didn't get that much snow afterall-- only about 2 inches but it sure came down fast there while we were driving home.

Noelle, Congrats on the 3.8 pounds gone!! That is Wonderful! I weigh tomorrow so I'm hoping to see at least a couple gone.

Hi twentytogo--- I am using slimfast and also counting points. That seems to work for me. And I bought a Gazelle and I really like it. But so far I've only been able to do 15 minutes at a time on it.

I guess now that I'm an inch shorter I really need to get this weight off!
Likenoother-- When I was first married years ago--(1970) we were going to buy this little yellow Triumph Spitfire convertible--- I loved it. But before we finalized the deal I decided that I should really drive it since it was going to be my car. Yeah, you guessed it--- I couldn't reach the pedals!!! Sure was disappointed! Crazy things that we have to go through huh!

Well, Just wanted to pop in for a minute. Hello to everyone else. Will try to get caught up soon.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 130/123/100

Height: 4' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melekalikimaka View Post
Hello short chicks. I went to my WW WI last night and lost 3.8 lbs--the 2 lbs that I "won" in Vegas plus a bonus 1.8 gone, so I'm pretty much back on track with losing again. I am going to try and hit the Y for the very first time tonight with my sister. She gave me a one-month trial gift certificate for my b-day last month, we are doing WW together.

Hi lillisa81! Did you buy the WW at-home kit? I have tried and tried to do the program "on my own", but I need the weekly accountability of weighing in to the leader at a center--it really keeps me focused during the week. I tend to slack off when it's just me weighing myself --but that's just me. Good luck on your WI!
Congrats on your weight loss!!

I'm just doing it on my own at home. I have a friend sending me her kit from last year. I've read and use tools online (not the ww online site though). I've been able to stay on track so far. Today is the first day of week 3 I weighed in this am and I'm down another lb!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

WTG - Lisa! I love seeing everyone on track!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #80  

Hi everyone,
It was a rough day at work. I'm soooo glad the weekend is here
Old 01-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #81  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher1 View Post
Hi everyone,
It was a rough day at work. I'm soooo glad the weekend is here
AMEN to that! TGIF!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #82  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

To answer the earlier question, I count calories and exercise (usually walking or jogging and some weights).
Old 01-12-2008, 12:18 AM   #83  
I will be a fit chick

S/C/G: 128/128/108

Height: 4'11

w

Everyone seems way cool here, and I thank everyone for being so welcoming. You probably will not see me on here everyday due to my schedule but I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and ofcourse, getting rid of my 20, once and for all. In the past, I found for me I can only lose weight by exercising. I think all the years of yoyo dieting have really messed up my metobaolism. I gave up fast foods and pop years ago. My biggest downfall, my sweet tooth. I do not buy sweets for around my house, but if they are in front me elsewhere, I binge like crazy. YIKES! I really need to learn self control...
Old 01-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #84  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

lillisa & Noelle--Congrats on the weight loss. I weigh in tomorrow. I lost 5 last week so I know it will be less this week. I weigh everyday but my official weigh in is tomorrow.

Nicole--I like the thingy under your picture: Choosing 2...

I seriously went grocery shopping this week. I need to get back into the habit of going every week. Matter of fact I probably will go again today. This way I never have an excuse. I always have what I need. Going to the grocery store is just a reminder of how short I am.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #85  
I will be a fit chick

S/C/G: 128/128/108

Height: 4'11

Good Morning everyone. Well, today is what I am calling day 1. Back with proper eating, back with a workout. I have to go to the dreaded grocery store. I have never liked grocery shopping. Actually it's not because I feel tempted to buy bad things, its mainly because I am not much a cook, but have to. LOL. I am going to make a list and suck it up.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #86  

Hi all,
Tomorrow is when I move my ticker but today I am at 172. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed at I'll still be at 172 tomorrow
Old 01-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #87  
My Evolution

teacher1--Congrats on the "unofficial" loss. My scale says I'm down 2 also but my weigh in is tomorrow too.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #88  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, congrats on the pounds lost--even on your "unofficial" weigh in day. My WW leader always says the scale is just a tool that tells you what your body is doing at that moment in time. It is not the be all end all. So celebrate the little things.

Shay, you mentioning being reminded how short you are when you go to the grocery store, I had co-worker whose wife was really tiny, probably 4'9"? on a tall day. Anyway, she had her two kids with her while shopping, one son was around 6 (he looked like he was 3) and the other who was 3 but looked like he was 1 just because they were all tiny people. The 3 year old was sitting in the shopping cart and having a tantrum while his mom wheeled the cart around the store with the other son trailing behind. A man stopped her with her screaming child and asked her, "little girl, where is your mommy?" She was so mad and answered him "I am their mom!" and walked off. He didn't believe her because she has a really young sounding voice. He went off and got the security guard to talk to her thinking she was a neglected child in charge of her two little brothers .

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Have a great weekend all.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #89  
My Evolution

Noelle--OMG that is so freaking funny but I know your friend was frustrated! Regarding weight loss, I'm doing measurements too so that will help me see the bigger picture.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 AM   #90  

Good morning,
I'm soooo happy today. The scale is at 171 down 3 pounds since last Sunday.
Closed Thread