3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Weight Loss and Chitchat #283

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #61

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

Hello Ladies

Sorry I've been missing last few days. Just being lazy. We did start back to church yesterday. Went out to eat and came home and just watched television. I am enjoying playing new games DH got me for the laptop. Already mastered and finished two of them. Haven't been feeling really well. I heard recently some stuff about balancing the ph in our bodies. Seems we get to acidic and I think I've always had that tendency. I remember reading years ago that an alkaline body doesn't feed diseases. So been thinking about eating more vegetarian for a while and get my body more alkaline ph balanced. I'm feeling too sluggish. My weight was up 2 lbs this week and I wasn't too happy about that. Acidity could have caused that. Any way, that is what is going on with me. Trying to ride stationary bike a little bit each day too to strengthen my knee. My sister said that is the first thing they did with her when she had her knee surgery.

Jules - Baby Dominick is so cute. You will love being a grandma. I have pictures of all my little ones on my refrigerator and pray for them every time I look at them.

Y'all have a great day and I'll catch ya later.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63 : 01-07-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #62
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JANE...thank you! Jason is the same as Mary...that's the reason I don't have a cat. I've wanted one the last few years but as long as he is living here it won't happen. My cousins husband, well, ex, he wouldn't even go in my Aunts place half the time. He was down right rude about it too. He did a few times and the times he did he wore a mask over his nose and mouth. Anway, good to getting back OP.

SUE...enjoy your anniversary trip! and thank you too!

SASSY...you be careful and not get sick. And I hope DH is feeling better. V had it Saturday and is feeling a little better today but after work Sat he slept the rest of the day.

MINDEE...thank you too! And your signature looks good! I took away my exercise info because it was getting to big and I am going to start TBL challenge...don't know what I will add then.

MARTI...hope you are feeling okay today.

Started my turbo jam this morning and man, what a workout! geez, I think I got a better workout with just the learn and burn than what I could ever get in with walking a hour. I am feeling good about that though. Pretty much got most of the moves down...will take me a few more times to get it completely and to get up to the speed they are doing but I am very confident that I will. And I must say I had fun doing it! Also got some walking in too! Now I am getting laundry done and a few things on the computer...mostly to do with pictures. I have them all on the computer now just need to get them on shutterfly or walgreens and get copies. Oh joy...we have dial up so that will be fun!

Have a good day ladies!
Old 01-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #63
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Back to WW this morning and wow, was I not surprised!!! I've gained 5 lbs. not to include the few that I had already gained over the fall. So, I'm almost back to square one but I'm so motivated that I could give a #$&@! I think I'm going to stick with my Sunday morn class but the Mon class was nice to fall back to if I'm off that day. Jane, have you tried the new peanut butter bliss snack bars? They are to die for!! So Marti, I believe I weigh more than you at this point...but the challenge is still on

I have an appt with my plastic surgeon to discuss getting my eyes done on Wed. and am ashamed for him to see me with the extra lbs on but he has seen be at my worst No matter how much weight I lose, I am still left with a double chin so I wonder what a little lipo there might achieve Not thinking about doing anything until mid March, (need to wait for dh's yearly bonus) so I'll have some motivation to stay OP.

OK, so to keep OP today, I worked more in my disgusting storage area in the basement and got about 1/3 of it done with about 12 boxes of stuff to donate. I've already walked the boys once and will get out there again before dark...it's in the 60's today

I'm off to watch Dr. Oz on Oprah before my walk. See ya!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #64
Find your path

Hi ladies,

Sue - yes, we've been to French Lick, and it's great. The hotel has been redone, and it's gorgeous. You should also visit West Baden, it's really neat. We took the train ride, past Larry Bird's childhood home. Also, there's a Five and Dime that I hope you get to see.

Sassy - I hope you don't get sick. I'm finallly feeling better.

Mindee - good luck with the potty training. I'm all for bribes or whatever gets it done, lol.

Trish - there you are! Hmmm, I've never even though about the acid in my body. Maybe I should!

Cristina - I just love sending my pics to Walgreens. I can load them anytime night or day, and not have to wait at Walmart. Their machine is out of order half the time, anyway.

Tammy - darn it! I missed Dr. Oz on Oprah! He's there the first Monday of every month, you'd think I'd remember that. No, I haven't tried the bars you were talking about - I don't go to meetings. Is that where you get them?

I shopped most of the day. One thing we needed was a DVD recorder. Our old one bit the dust, and I still had a lot of VHS tapes to record on DVDs. I also met Clint's mother. She's nice, and will make a good MIL for Katie. Anyway, I was gone most of the day, and am ready to hop in the shower then get to bed. <yawn>

Nighty night, ladies.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #65
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....I finally bit the bullet and pulled out the 30 minute work out video that Tommy bought me a while ago. I was fine until I sat down with Brandon to cuddle. When I went to stand up, I was all stiff. So, as long as I do it and then keep moving I will be fine! But I feel great that I did it, and I am debating about doing it tomorrow. I will probably do it every other day for now until I get it all figured out and my muscles conditioned for it!

I do have a question for you ladies though. Logan has been mean lately. He got a set of blocks that sit on a cart with wheels on it. Well, he likes the throw them and the cart, and usually on Marissa when he does it. He did it earlier today and got them taken away from him. Then while we were making dinner, he decided that it would be fun to sit and hit Marissa as hard as he could. Is this normal behavior for a two-year-old? Tommy thinks that he might be bipolar or something because one minute he is really good and nice and then something changes in him and he turns into a little meany. Part of me just wants to pass it off as being the terrible twos, while the other part of me wonders if there is anything to it all. What do you ladies think?

Trish~ I sure hope that you are not getting sick! I have thought too recently about going vegetarian, but I am pretty much almost one now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a steak or hamburger now and again, but lately I have just been more into chicken and fish (which I know are still meats....of some kind, right?). I will eat hamburger in different things, but I really have thought about doing it. The only thing holding me back on it is that I don't like that many vegetables! (which is a big downfall for me)

Cristina~ I love your new avatar! I am in a Valentine's Day challenge on another board that I post on, so that is helping me in getting the ball rolling and keeping my New Year's Resolution this year!

Sue~ happy anniversary to you and your hubby!!

Tammy~ Good for you for getting back on WW! I have some sites bookmarked that are related to WW, but haven't checked them out yet. I am going to check them out soon though! Good luck with getting your eyes done.

Jane~ I am right there with the bribes! As long as it gets him motivated to get potty trained then it will peek Logan's interest.....and then I can kill two birds with one stone! We bought Brandon some Thomas the tank engine underwear when we went to Target the day after Christmas. We were going to get Logan some of the vinyl waterproof ones but they didn't have them at the Wal-Mart that we went to after we left the mall. I am going to look at the one close to us to see if they have them. Logan was really excited about getting some underwear of his own, but then we thought that Wal-Mart would have them and they would be cheaper. But they didn't have them so Logan got a pair of Cars pajamas instead.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #66
~Believe~

S/C/G: +65/-65/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All.

Well not sick, yet at least, but very very tired. Did not sleep well at all yesterday. (Monday) I think I've mentioned about our furnance and that it um has never worked right from day one for us? Well it has gotten a lot worse so now when its cold, we are on Emergency Heat, well since its been warm out, its been hot in the apt. (we live upstairs) So we wanted the air on while we slept during the day, not. Forgot if it doesn't work for the heat, it won't work for the air either. So we sweated to death and I can't sleep when I am hot so I tossed and turned. We had windows open and fans on, but it was hot, about 76 degrees in the apt. (too hot to sleep at least!!) Well DH did talk to the owner and she said it is our heat pump and so they have to replace that. I just wonder how long its been bad? Our furnance hasn't worked right from day one.

So I am battling to stay awake. I so wanted to call off but really couldn't do it and plus want to save my personal time so I can take a week off eventually........

DH is feeling a bit better but still not quite 100% yet........

Did you all happen to check out "How to Look Good Naked" Lastnight?? I watched it. OMG there is NO WAY I would do that though! They had this girl's body plastered on a side of a building for people to see!!! Um don't think so, not this chicky. lol. But it was amazing the transformation. Amazing how clothing and your attitude can make you look and feel better!!!

Well that is about all.............

"Life is a journey, you hold the map." ~Author Unknown

Last edited by Sassy_Chick : 01-08-2008 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Added some stuff......
Old 01-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #67

Sassy~ I hope you get your furnace fixed ASAP! It is good to hear that your DH is feeling better. Now, I just hope that you don't get sick!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:35 AM   #68
One day at a time

Sassy...I didn't see that show. With a name like that I figured it wasn't something I would want to watch, lol. Hope you get your heat fixed, that sucks. We always sleep with the ceiling fan going and the heat down to 67 at night...can't sleep good in the heat. Glad you are not sick and hope you don't get sick.

Tammy...good for you for getting back on track with WW.

Jane...I've not met Josh's GFs mother, don't really feel the need to, lol. She doesn't like her most of the time herself, lol. Don't figure there will be too many, of any get-togethers with her so...

Trish...interesting, we learn something new everyday-thank you.

Sue...hope you and hubby are enjoying your time away.

Mindee...middle child syndrome! I don't know...kids act out sometimes I think, I think at that age it's hard to tell. Are you doing the valentine challenge on 3fc? That's cool!

Okay, I am sleepy so ciao for now.

Last edited by FrouFrou : 01-08-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #69

Hi Ladies

Well I have been reading a lot online about ph balancing of acid/alkline foods in our body. It seems that an acidic body has inflammed joints and feeds diseases such as cancer, diabetes etc. Since my body seems to be so inflammed right now, it must be way out of balance and very acidic. Therefore it only makes sense for me to work at getting it balanced. It means eatiing more fruits and veggies. Another great plus from all that I have read thus far, the body will automatically lose access weight when it is balanced. The rules seems to be 20% acidic foods to 80% alkaline daily. It is worth trying and see what happens.

Well, that is what is happening with me right now. Hope everyone is doing well as we start the new year working on getting OP. Have a great day!!!

Hugs,
Trish

Trish

Old 01-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #70

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

Been walking ever night since The new year and plan to continue. (Of course I'll take a freebie day here and there but I'll keep walking) I have still yet to go to the gym alone. Not sure what is holding me back.....try and go before work sometime soon. Maybe during the time off I'll go "ahead" of hubby and workout until he gets there. Kind of get myself used to the idea of getting to the gym alone.

What I dork I am! (can't even go to the gym alone)

Eating is under control again. Still can make improvements but so much better than it was. Last night was salad, chicken breast, cottage cheese and rice pilaf. Too bad we didn't have left overs, sounds good for tonights dinner.

Well ladies, I need to hit the showers, so I better scoot. I will try to catch up and do indi's later tonight.

Have a good one!

"Nobody ever drowned in sweat"
-Steve Prefontaine

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
-David Viscott
Old 01-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #71
One day at a time

Good morning, ladies...

Hiya Trish...hey, makes sense to me! Have a good day!

Marti...I think I would be the same way. V mentioned his work giving the family discounts and while it sounded good I just wondered how much it would be used. Just like working out in the comfort of my own home. WTG on the walking!

Hi to everyone else!

Nuthin' much going on today. Going to be a light workput day for me. I slept wrong Sat night and thought my shoulder/neck was better until I rolled over this morning. Need to get some ice on it. Needless to say I think the turbo jam is out for the day...too many punches and jabs...geez, it hurt when I sneezed!

Have a GREAT one ladies!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #72

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

Today is going well. Tommy has lodge tonight so it is me and the kids. I will more the likely just pop in some tv dinners and then call it dinner. I am hoping that the kids cooperate with me and I can get them in bed early so that I can get in my exercise DVD before Tommy gets home from lodge. Logan didn't take a nap today, so he is being a monster.

Cristina~ I didn't know that there was a Valentine's Day challenge on this board.

Trish~ Good luck with the ph balancing! Sounds like it is something worth trying! Let us know how it goes!

Marti~ I am like that! I don't like to do new things alone, but then once I do them, I ask myself "this isn't so bad, now why did it take me so long to do this by myself?"
Old 01-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #73

Good Evening Ladies

Mindee - Good luck with the potty training. It does help with the younger for the older one doing it. DD used to little treat bribe to train my nephew. Had him trained in one day.

I didn't know there were so many different types of vegetarians. Like you I do like a steak or fish etc from time to time. I think we could be considered what they Semi-vegetarians or Flexitarians. DGD and I loved fruit when she was a wee one and I often thought we could have easily become a Fruitarian. I learned they eat only fruit and fruit like veggies. I think I love fruit and veggies so much because we never ate it when I was growing up. Discovered them both when I went to live with my aunt for a while when I grew up. Only thing is I didn't give up junk along the way. Semi-vegetarians or Flexatarians eat mostly fruits, veggies, grains etc but only eat meats 2 or 3 times a week. I believe I can live with that. Big deal tomorrow is we are starting classes up again at church tomorrow night and DH called and made reservations for us to eat. I will have to hit the alkaline foods really heavy during the day to off set the BBQ dinner. I really didn't want to eat anything like that as of yet. I haven't eaten a whole lot and I have not been hungry. Actually I've done really well today. I mainly ate alkaline foods to get it into my system just to get the acidity down some.

Talk to y'all tomorrow.

Trish

Trish

Old 01-08-2008, 11:40 PM   #74

Trish~ Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have heard about the 3 day potty training. So, I am have been kind of dragging my heals because I want to make it so we have three days in a row where we won't have to go anywhere. And since our schedule is never in stone, it is hard to say. BUT I really need to do this! Logan has already stood up in front of the potty so he knows what he has to do, he just needs to do it when he has to go potty. I didn't know that there were different kinds of vegetarians out there. I will have to look into the one that you mentioned. That sounds like me, what you described as the semi-vegetarians.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #75
Find your path

We have been w/o internet power for most of the day, due to strong winds, then a bad storm. Now I'm just about ready for bed.

Mindee - I really don't think there's a thing wrong with Logan other than he's 2. Plus, he's figured out that he's bigger and stronger than the baby, so it's fun for him to act on that fact. I wouldn't worry about it for at least another year. Just my 2¢.

A big hello to all the others, but I'm just too tired to do indies right now, it's just past 11 here, but I've had a busy day.

'Nite, all.

Last edited by Jane : 01-09-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.