3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Weight Loss and Chitchat #283

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #31
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just a typical Thursday around here. Logan and Marissa are taking their naps, and Brandon is watching movies. I am putzing around online, listening to some music, and checking my email.

Jules~ I hope he makes up his mind and comes soon!

Marti~ Thanks! Tommy told me to check out reviews of it first to make sure that there weren't a lot of bad reviews of it.

Cristina~ You are very welcome! I need to up my exercising and cut back on some of my bad eating. But since we are going grocery shopping tomorrow, and probably on Saturday, I am going to make sure that we have plenty of healthy foods in the house. Oh......and I just happened to be paying attention when I poured myself a pop last night and noticed that I had grabbed plain Cherry Coke Zero. I will have to look into if they have Diet Cherry Coke Zero, but I am sure that they do. Congrats on your son and his gf!
Old 01-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #32
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Nothing much going on today...exercise, and grocery shopping. It is cold out and I can't seem to warm up today. Have the heat up high and the fireplace going. May have to go get some gloves or a blanket.

MINDEE...that's what I did today, grocery shopping. Getting ready to start the turbo jam Monday. I'll let you know how it goes and how I like it, what's hard about it if anything.

MARTI...yeah, the turbo jam says you can have a 10 pound loss in 10 days but I don't see how. I don't plan on doing it but if I do it would be great. There is a menu to follow and it is a lot of food-3 meals plus two snacks and they are protein shakes...I actually thought it was too much food. We'll see what happens though. I am doing the Biggest Loser challenge and it is 12 weeks and I am aiming for 12 pounds in that 12 weeks so...will probably lose more, I hope but again, we'll see. You are busy, busy, busy!

JULES...little Nick is just going to stay in his home until someone drags him out, lol. Stubborn little boy...at least Teri has only one more day! Will be thinking of you guys.

HIYA SASSY, JANE, SUE, TRISH, MARYKATE and TAMMY!

Have a good one!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #33
Find your path

I've been gone most of the day, running errands. Now we're taking off to meet my sisters at the Eagles. Have a good evening, and I'll chat at you later.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #34
ugggg.....

She's at the hospital!!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #35
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Mindee- I think the Coke Zero is because it has zero calories. Diet, right? My DH loves Coke zero and Pepsi one, but hates anything that SAYS diet. I wish they had the Zero in caffeine free....I like it but can't have caffeine.

Jules- Biting my finger nails here....hurry in and let us know...

Cristina- So, you will become a grandma by default. Cool. I hope things do work out for Josh and his GF. Does she want more children, so he can have one (or more) with her?

Marti- Yeah, I also liked Bette Sue. I like when Bob was talking about her. haha I hope the 22 year old gals do better in the future. I want to see them succeed.

Sassy- How are you chickie? Keeping toasty?

Well, like Marti, I decided that I am shooting for a 20 pound loss in 2008. If I hit it then I will have to learn to STAY at one weight. Or I can choose to go for another 10. I feel like I can do it as I lost 11 pounds last Spring. I just have to be sure I can KEEP it off as I didn't this year.

By the way. I tried Progresso soup tonight which had 80 calories a serving. I thought that would not be enough, but it really is a decent serving. I also made drop biscuits with Bisquick Light. One biscuit is 130 calories, but only 20 from fat. (and if you make 5 like it says they are pretty large) Trying a few new things so I can count calories again.... Oh, I also re-discovered sf jello. So...off to the races again.

======================
Sue..........

Last edited by suetalks : 01-03-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #36
One day at a time

Yay Jules! Hoping to hear the good news tonight!

Yeppers, I will be a grandma by default which is fine by me. Her kids are cute...ages 8 and 3 and that little girl is ADORABLE! But yeah they will have one or two more. Josh is good with the kids and they love him already. when they were over for Christmas Eve, she kept calling me Josh's mom...Josh's mom did you get me a present? Josh's mom can I have some chex mix? She a smart little one too! I too thought that coke zero was called coke zero because there are no calories but what do I know. I only tried it once and it has a different taste from diet coke so I just drink my diet caffeine free. Hoping you mom is feeling good!

Nothing going on. Was watching movies this evening and not sleepy right now so thought I would get on the 'puter for a few minutes. Chat tomorrow
Old 01-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #37

Cristina~ I can't wait to hear your personal review of Turbo Jam!

Jules~ I can't wait to hear about little Dominick!!!

Sue~ It is good to hear from you! I actually just did a search to see if there was a Diet Cherry Coke Zero, and alas there isn't. Just the plain coke zero and the cherry coke zero. But they do have diet cherry coke. I had to do a search because I was wondering myself if I was going to be able to find it at the grocery store when I go there on Friday.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #38

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!

It's a cold and blistery day out! The wind is knocking everything around and looking like a mess! I'm hoping we don't lose power. (at work, yes; at home, no)

Jules--Ooh ooh......can't wait to hear the exciting news about little Dominick arriving!! He's probably here already and you're just too busy being grandma! Don't blame ya! Take your time and share when you get the chance.

Sue--I'm right there w/ya on counting calories! All the sweet treats are gone, all the fatty foods are gone and the junk is gone! I'm already planning my meals and plan on exercising like crazy! We will both lose those 20lbs this year!!

Cristina--Here is to losing those 12lbs in your 12 week program! You're doing so well w/your workouts I know you can do it! How sweet that Josh has a sweetheart. And wonderful that you really like her and her children. Let us know when they get more details about wedding!

Mindee--I hope you enjoy your Turbo Jam once you get it. James has found that when I see something that I like (workout DVD's) he'll get them for me, but then he see's that I don't really stick w/it long. Terrible of me I know! I'm determined though to find my YBB DVD's and do those again.

Jane--It's later.....ready to chat?

Ok, it's Friday! So happy the week is over. Only a couple more weeks and hubby has vacation and then I have three of those vacation days w/him. Don't like having vacation used up the beginning of the year but he didn't have a choice. In fact, his next (and last for the year) vacation is the end of February!

Weekend plans for me is to hit the gym, both days and then do some clean eating shopping. The next time I plan to indulge in food is my Birthday, I have requested a Prime Rib dinner. There is a local meat market that has the best Prime Rib I've ever tasted!

I need to shower and scoot off to work. You all have a great Friday!

"Nobody ever drowned in sweat"
-Steve Prefontaine

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
-David Viscott
Old 01-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #39

Height: 5'1"

Oh yeah, today is WI day.

I'm up again! 146.8!! Sheesh...it's going in the wrong direction! But not to fret, I'm working on it. And I'll see that 144, that I have seen in years, soon!

Off to change me stats.

"Nobody ever drowned in sweat"
-Steve Prefontaine

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
-David Viscott
Old 01-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #40
Find your path

TGIF! - Dominick's birth day!!

Jules - do tell! How are mama and child? How did it feel to hold the little sweetie for the first time??

Mindee - hahaha, I had no idea about the Turbo Jam! Yay for bringing healthy foods into the house.

Marti - yep, your birthday is right around the corner - 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm probably up at the scales, too, after our NYE celebration. Seems I'm having a hard time with sugar cravings.

Cristina - yay for being a grandma soon. The kids sound so sweet. Katie's wedding is Aug. 9, and we're really starting to make a lot of plans now. Good luck with TBL.

Sue - the sf "cook" puddings from Jello are great! My fave is the chocolate, of course. They taste so much better than the instant ones.

Angie, Mary Kate, Sassy, Trish, Tammy, and anyone else reading this - a big hello to you.

I've been getting in the mood to start my Winter cleaning. As you know, I like to have it all done before Spring actually gets here so I can go out and play when the weather gets nice. Although it's coooooolddd right now, we're supposed to have temps in the 60's next week, so I can get the windows done then.

I am struggling to stay OP! These cravings for sugar are just about to do me in!

Have a good one, ladies.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #41
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

JANE...you are sounding like me...I am having the sugar cravings bad too! I've got to nip that in the bud now before it gets worse. All those stinking desserts over the holidays did me in. Hey, Josh and his GF originally were thinking August too. Josh kind of wanted around the time me and his dad were married which was the 24th and my parents were married on the 9th. But with him being in the service talk of a church wedding began to dissipate. The talk now is a small initimate wedding in Hawaii. Just have to wait and see. I know they can't stand being apart. And thank you!

JULES...how's it going today for the family?

MARTI... thank you! Seems we are all having this cold and blustery weather. Hope you enjoy your weekend at the gym! V's company was offering their workers a big discount at the Y if anyone wanted to join. Would have been perfect and I would have loved to join but for now I am doing okay. Just that they have a lot to offer. Bet you can't wait for you min-vacation with James.

MINDEE...will definitely let ya know how I like the tj. I watched the dvds except for the one last night and I am pretty sure we both can do them no problemo. I am starting it Monday and am excited about it but will watch them a couple more times, maybe walk myself thru them.

HIYA EVERYONE ELSE!

Not much going on with me today. Had to run a couple of errands this morning one being picking up a few things I forgot at wal-mart yesterday. Gearing up for the start of tj Monday and needed some other foods I thought I already had. Getting some laundry done as well and that's about it. Oh, I did get in my exercise this morning, just 75 mintues today. I may do a video or dvd later, 15 mns to make it to the 90...we'll see. Figure I might as well be moving instead of sitting on the couch.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #42
ugggg.....

Real quickie cause I am exhausted!! Teri went to the hospital around 5 pm on Thursday and had him Friday the 4th at 9:57 am. Little Dominick was 8 lbs 11 1/2 oz, 20 and 1/4 in long and looks just like his Daddy with darker hair. It looks to be a little reddish. Mom and baby are doing fine. He's been fed and had a diaper changed and just made one little cry to say his diaper needed done. Dad did better than I ever expected. His great grandma has held him and my neice Trish is there now. I am thinking about going back to bed...being up for 32 hours straight with only a couple hour nap isn't cutting it!!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #43

S/C/G: 238/221/135

Height: 5'2'

Jules - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so glad baby boy is here and that he and Mom are doing well. He sounds precious. Rest and then get ready to enjoy.

Hugs,

Trish

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63 : 01-04-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #44
One day at a time

CONGRAT'S JULES and FAMILY! Give little Dominick lots of hugs and kisses from me! Now go get some sleep lady!

Hello everyone else

Thought I would drop by with a quick HI since I was online checking out something.

Have a good night.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:01 AM   #45

just a quick one from me since it is late and I really need to head to bed!

Cristina~ Tommy was wondering if you had gotten the gloves with your TJ. I saw the infomercial where she offers the gloves with the package. (I think that is the one that I am going to go with) I am extremely excited about TJ....that I can't wait to get it!

Jules~ Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

Marti~ That sounds like me. Tommy bought me this workout DVD from Wal-Mart that was a dollar, and I haven't even watched it yet! I keep meaning to, but I get so distracted by getting other things done, that I haven't had a chance to.

Jane~ I have to second the yay for the healthy foods! We went grocery shopping on Friday and I have to say that NO junk food was bought! Not even for Tommy's lunches, which is odd because he usually needs something like that in his lunches.

hello to every one that I missed! I hope you are all having a great weekend!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.