Weight Loss and Chitchat #283

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Quicky to day, lots to do, (does it EVER slow down?)

Enjoyed last night. Played the Wii, won some lost on most!

I have a house that needs cleaned, taking down the tree.....

Off I go!
  • Marti--glad you had fun

Jane-I am sure he will be..

Sassy--no news yet...

Cristina--we had Mexican too...no movie though

Mindee--no, looks he doesn't want to be born on New Years Day either...

We worked yesterday, but got invited to go to our friends house since they were staying home with the baby. Right before we left work, got a call from Teri (no she wasn't in labor) Dave was going to go to his Dad's work and was going to drop her off at his mom's until his dad got off work. She was really weepy and emotional after waking up from her nap and had Dave turn around and she ended up coming with us. We had enchilada and a big salad and lots of veggies. We all had fun with the baby and left around 11:00 to take Teri home since Dave was on his way back. Then Jerry and I stopped where Ry & Alicia were and finally made it home around 1:30ish. I am soooo tired today....that was way past my bedtime!!
    Teri is having some contractions today that she is beginning to actually feel and know what they are. She was going to take another nap and I haven't heard anything more so I guess he's not ready yet. Her friend Geneva is going to spend the night with her on Thursday night (Dave works to 2 AM) and then 8 AM Friday she goes to be induced. I guess we will see if she actually makes it until then.
  • I'm back....

Marti, don't work too hard, or you'll be setting the precident for the whole year to come, lo.

Jules, Mary's last baby was overdue a bit, if you remember. When she complained to the doc, and asked what would bring the baby quicker, he said sex. Dale said "allRIGHT!!!" Just a thought for Teri.

Note - Marti and I are interested in letting the thread reach 100 before we begin a new one. Seems like nobody here has a problem loading pages anymore, so no reason to keep them to 50. Of course, if any one of you Jaded Ladies prefer to keep it the way it is, just holler. We aim to please.

The wind chill here is below 0! Brrrrr... glad I don't have to leave.

Later,
  • Good Brrrrr Evening!!!
    Wow what a way to start the new year! Its cold (22 degrees F but with the wind feels like 8 degrees F) and windy and snowing, or at least it was when I came in at 5:30 PM or so. DH drove me in since its snowing and blowing outside.........

Well another long boring night ahead..............but I get paid well for it. It probably will pick up though around 3 AM EST, that is when Europe Business Hours begin. So maybe the last half of my shift will go by really really fast!!! lol. Hopefully tomorrow night will go by fast too. Then I can begin my weekend.

So far I haven't began the NY off that great, but I'll work on that. I'm not going to beat myself up anymore, just get up and try again. My Resolution for This year is to just be a Healthier and Happier Me, Outside AND Inside.

Jane -- Yeah good $$ for sitting here not doing a whole lot, at least for now, until Europe wakes up. lol. Glad you had fun. I am not good at Trivial Pursuit, we bought the 80's version of Trivial Pursuit and I am better at that, but still not the greatest. lol. for not having too cook or anything -- Enjoy!!

Marti -- Glad you had fun -- if you get bored stop by my place it needs to be cleaned too! lol!!

Jules -- Sounds like you had fun -- mmmmm Enchiladas..... Sounds like it could be any time now. Wonder if she will make it until Friday...........time will tell I guess.

Hope you all are having a Great New Year so far!!

• HAPPY NEW YEAR, LADIES!

I have already written the year on several checks to get me started remembering the new year. Still wasn't used to writting 2007, lol.

Glad everyone had a good time last night. We watched some fireworks in the near distance...really nice. Tried to go out and watch but it was tooooo cold!

Enjoyed dinner with Josh and his GF this evening. He leaves tomorrow and I am sad about that. I hate good-byes and I don't know when we'll see him next...I think that is what is hard. Anyway...

Watching The Biggest Loser...it's a couples one and it's going to be interesting to see how this one plays out. They went to the hospital morgue!

I did get in 90 minutes of exercise today in between some cooking. Nothing fancy, just Josh's favorites...chicken enchiladas and banana pudding. I made enough pudding for a stinking army, lol...not sure what I was thinking.

Have a good evening ladies.
  • Quick good evening to you all. We had a very lazy day here...it was so cold outside and blowing snow. We ate leftovers, so I didn't cook either. I did one load of laundry, just to be able to say I did something...lol.

Also watched the Biggest Loser. It made me stop and think when they went to the morgue. Ugh. DH and I both said we need to get busy and take the weight off...but we say that all the time. And we mean it all the time. Hopefully we can follow through in 2008.

Hope you all have a good, short work week and have great plans for the week-end. We have no plans until next week.
  • Sue,,,I watched the Biggest L<oser too,,,I really got into watching the last one. Tried to watch the Australian one but I really don't like the hostest...she seems nasty.

Jane,,,sounds like a good way to spend a New Years Eve...Monte didn't make it to midnight but I talked with my friend Shawna till 1 am,,,she works 12 hr shifts starting at 6 pm.

I got alot done today,,,cleaned out the back closet,,even had Monte make shelves. Looking good. So I have a few more things to arrange and I am good to go.
    We are making plans for a holiday to California at the end of March. Im pretty excited about that.

Jules,,,what Jane said is what Ive heard too.

I have to go to bed,,,Tanner is giving me the evil eye,,,Brandon borrowed our Wii controlers and hasn't returned them....he wants me to drive over there and get them...I don't want to...so going to bed.
    night!
  • Man, for some reason I didn't get a notice about posts. I will have to go and check that out.

Me and Tommy were watching an infomercial for Turbo Jam on early Monday morning. And if all goes well, which I hope it does, I will be getting it next month!

just a quick post to see how every one is doing....and to see if there was any news on Mister Dominick.
  • Good morning, ladies,

Sassy - enjoy your "weekend"!

Cristina - I'm thinking of you today, saying goodbye to Josh. Are he and gf getting serious?

Sue - let's make 2008 THE YEAR to reach goal. We aren't getting any younger, right?

Angie - which part of CA are you visiting in late March? Let's meet up near MaryKate! Yay for more shelves in the closet.

Mindee - I don't know what a Turbo Jam is, but since you want one, I hope you get it. Blackberry Jam I understand.... Turbo Jam? Not so much.

Ok, I've been lazy for too long, and the house is showing it! Time to bring up the Stones on my iPod and get going! It's sooooo cold here, any activity will surely help keep me warm.

BBL,
  • Out of time for right now but will be back to do individuals later.

Hope everyone had a good day!
  • hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....same stuff, different day! we watched Superbad and Knocked Up. We laughed our butts off at Knocked Up, but didn't really care for Superbad. We will be buying Knocked Up when we get the money.

Jane~ Turbo Jam is a work out program. It is kind of like Hip Hop Abs, if you have seen the infomercial for that.

Cristina~ You are doing great on your goals!!!
  • Hello ladies...

Finally able to get some time in, although I should be in bed...kind of sleepy.

SASSY...kickboxing at home would be a good start for sure. I think it is the same concept. Hope you don't work too hard.

MINDEE...hey, I saw those infomercials too! And I had to have the Turbo Jam, lol. got them right before Christmas but was waiting until I started the Biggest Loser challenge to do them. I'll let you know how they go once I start. I am going to be following the 10 day program that comes with it...I think. I say I think because it seems like a lot of food to me but it's good, healthy food and protein shakes. Supposedly you can lose up to 10 pounds in 10 days. I am not aiming to lose 10 pounds in 10 days but 3 would be good. And THANK YOU for noticing my goals, it means a lot.

JANE...yes, the boy and his GF are serious...he proposed to her when he was home for Thanksgiving. Going to wait a year to get married so they say. I think they are getting antsy...don't like being apart. Of course I wouldn't either.

HIYA SUE & JULES No baby yet Jules?

Nothing much happen today...Josh left of course. Went with DD to Target to spend a gift card and pick up a couple of things. My schedule has totally been thrown off so didn't realize that tomorrow is grocery shopping day and what I bought today could have waited, lol. I think my head was with Josh...just hate every time that boy leaves.

Got my exercise in and started a new book. Had to take a break from the Eat, Love, Pray whatever it is...kind of bored me. But this book is great, very inspiring...The Diving Bell and the Butterfly...sad though. Once I read how the guy wrote it I was in awe. He had a stroke and his only communication was thru blinking his left eye. Wow! If that's not inspiring I don't know what is. Already half way thru it and I think it has inspired me to finish the other!

Grocery shopping tomorrow and not much else on the agenda except exercise! Chat tomorrow ladies...good night!
  • Evening ladies...

I'm getting ready to walk. Then after that I have some floor/exercise ball exercises to do. Then.....relax before going to bed.

I'm determined to lost 20lbs this year. So for 2008 my goal is to lose 20lbs. I don't want a quick loss...I just want a loss, so that is why I'm giving myself the whole year. Of course I'm not saying that I have plans to slack either. I will be working my butt off to lose the weight. And if I manage to lose those 20lbs, my plans are to learn to maintain that lose.

I'll have to do individuals another day, my times is a wasting away while I'm on the computer....better get to moving!

Hugs to you all!
  • Hi all--quick pop in...I thought Teri was going to end up in the hospital last night....but it didn't happen. I was up alot and then couldn't sleep worried I would miss her next phone call, but then the last call said it was easing up again and she was going to sleep.

Hubby's yelling cause after being ok with going in late to work...he''s now gung ho to get there....I will be back later tonight for individuals....unless I am at the hosptital!!
  • Good Morning!

Jules--Teri is going to have her hands full with such a stubborn little boy! When he finally decides to come, I hope she has an easy time with it.

Cristina--10lbs in 10 days would be scary but kind of nice too! I'm aiming for 10lbs in 6mos and then the other 10 the last 6mos.

Mindee--Have fun w/the turbo jam. My sister has it and like it.

Jane--My house is being ignored too. Well maybe not ignored but I could put more effort into it that's for sure! I had lots of fun playing the Wii. It's great aerobic exercise I'm telling ya! I keep joking w/James that that is the reason we need one!

Angie--Watcha gonna do in CA in March? I would like to go on vacation this year but I don't know if we'll be able to afford it. Would love to go to San Fran during one of the holidays.

Sue--I watched the BL-couples too. The part that touched me was seeing the couple tear up about leaving their little boy. That would be so hard. I hope they last awhile, even though previews didn't look promising. Bette-Sue makes me smile......tough cookie who really isn't that tough.

Sassy--Great resolution. I really believe that we need to take care of ourselves both physically and mentally. So no beating ourselves up......take care of ourselves and lets have a great year!

Patty--Congrats on the weight loss! That's fabulous during the holidays. I'm so happy that you enjoy it here, we sure enjoy having you!

Tammy--Cute poem. How are you doing? Has it been slow at work due to the holidays or crazy busy?

Hello to anyone I have missed!

I really should get myself ready for work. Something is wrong w/our clock in our room (it's one where it shows on the wall or ceiling, where ever you aim it) and it's an hour ahead! So I got up at 7:30 instead of 8:30. Sheesh! Should have gotten dressed and headed to the gym! Maybe next time.

Ok ladies, must get moving.

Have a great day!