Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

YAY Cherie - welcome back . Good luck with that plan to get to 100kg - I started at the same weight as you, and I know how important those milestones are.

Lindor I really don't think that 200 calories for your birthday is all that naughty. I don't think a walking track around your flat is a silly idea at all - I've done it when it has been too hot/wet/cold to walk outside. I also have a regular walking track around the local shopping centre… and have recently learned that I can do a fairly decent walk around the local Bunnings warehouse. Sometimes you've got to think laterally

Julia I think you're doing a fantastic job. Sometimes we get impatient, but this is all about learning how to live a different lifestyle, so the odd roadblock is inevitable.

Kel are you finding the shakes easy? Do you get hungry?

Gen… where are you?

I'm on track. I spent yesterday moving furniture and rearranging things in the house I'll be leaving in 5 weeks. Yes, it was 40ºC, and yes it may seem frivolous - but it's a lot cheaper than going to the gym . And I'm quite happy with how it all looks now (even with a heap of boxes piling up everywhere).

OK - must get to work. Have a good one everybody!

Ani
Old 01-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Rushing in and out.. I'm about to sneak up to Brisbane today as my sister needs me to mind her boys for a few days. I wanted to see them before I go to the US, and I had some frequent flier points I could use, so it all worked out well.

See you at the weekend!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #63  

Height: 5'5"

Hi Cherie. Good luck on your weightloss journey. You've found a great group of girls to help you along no matter what.

Vonni. What a terrible thing to happen. I don't think I heard about it. Hugs to you all.

Gen. The balls finally rolling in the right direction!

Julia. Celery is one of those vegies that takes more calories to eat than it's providing so I don't think your snack did too much damage!

Lindor. Sorry I missed your birthday, so belated greetings to you. You sound really focused too.

Kel. You go girl!All that exercise in one day, wow!

Ani. Thank goodness for refrigerated airconditioning! We've had quite a few days of 40+ where we are, but the evenings cool down nicely thanks to the gully winds, otherwise it'd be like.......... !!!

XX
Barb
Old 01-08-2008, 07:14 AM   #64  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Damn gremlins got my post..........

be back later

Vonni
Old 01-08-2008, 07:17 AM   #65  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

barb - your post was all about everyone else but not you???? how are YOU going????

today i walked around bunnings with jemima in the pouch (she is at least 9kg i think) and then i walked around spotlight and then i got home and took her and the dogs for a walk around the block and today's only slip up on the diet was a snake.
i have actually been being naughty but the opposite kind of naughty, the last two days i only had 2 shakes and probably not 2 cups of veges.... dont know how i am not chewing my arm off with hunger..... i have been into the water heaps so that is probably enough along with current will power and mind frame to keep me from blowing it.... at least in first week anyway....

i know i can lose between 3-6kg in the first week, my friend just lost 3.5kg in her first week which included KFC and more slip ups then me oh and no exercise so i am feeling good that i will ifnothing else repair the damage i did over xmas and be back on track..... i have just did another order for some strawberry shakes (slightly more expensive) and some choc bars and desserts so that will help keep me going when it gets harder next week.....
this saturday will be end of week one and i was going to treat myself to KFC (i know ani and lindor you dont get it.... but it is one of my fave things i know how bad and gross it is too!) but now we have been invited to a bbq at my inlaws place soit is still naughty but not the same.....
tomorrow is swimming lessons and usually publunch but i am not having publunch and will come home and have shake instead! this diet is changing the social life slightly but also keeping me at home so i am getting stuff done.... a winlosewinlose situation
2 days til i can update my ticker - thats a thursday thing, my weigh in day is going to stay thursday but i am weighing in everyday this week for the fun of it... will stop that saturday as otherwise as the weightloss slows down it will really mess with my mind..... at least i know i have alreaedy lost min 1.7kg since saturday! that is motivation to keep going at least for the month
hey maybe a month on and then a month off then a month on but not so hardcore and amonth off will help to maintain.............. hmmmm
Old 01-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #66  
It's ME!

Hmmmmm. I really don't know what to say about your shakes Kel. It would seem to me though that it would be really important to eat your total allowance of fruit and veggies though as the shakes won't be giving you much in the way of good nutrition. Good luck though and I hope it works for you

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Probably ate 2 and a half to 3 rows of chocolate which isn't ideal but also not the end of the world. I'll make sure I don't do the same today.

Hit the gym last night and did weights and 20 minutes of intervals of 1 minute walking/2 minutes running. I'm sure that working 5 hours in the evening will help too as I'm walking around for most of that 5 hours.

Tonight I'll do 40 minutes cardio and then my 5 hours work as usual. On track with my budget this week too which is great. I got my power bill last night and it's only $29.50 for last month

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #67  

Hey Barb, how's your weight loss going this week?

Kel I already said I won't make any more comments about your shakes . I'm impressed by all this exercise though. You go girl!!!

Julia it sounds like you're really on track and going well.

I had an average day yesterday - ate a few too many calories (about 1650), didn't exercise, and only drank 1.5L of water. I know it's not a 'bad' day, but I wasn't happy with it all the same.

The next five weeks will be a challenge for me. I'm just keen to move now and to get settled into my new house - and I don't react well emotionally to this feeling of being in limbo. I just hope this restlessness doesn't translate into too many bad food choices.

Ani
Old 01-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #68  

hey hey
the veges are actually the bit that you dont have to stick by, it is for the people who cant handle just shakes coz they think they are 'hungry', it is all in the mind.....
i am going to make sure though to have my 3 optifast products a day as i am 'concerned' my fast track optifast may be making my milk supply go away BUT jemima was weaning herself anyway so i am not sure which is a little emotionally confusing

swimming lessons for jemima today and then walk around grocery store with her and then walk around block with her and the dogs.......
tomorrow morning gym and then walk around town meeting mum for 'lunch' (i am going to try and find a vege stirfry) and friday morning personal training so i should get a good result by next saturday even if i wasnt doing shakes!

Last edited by smylie; 01-08-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #69  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
barb - your post was all about everyone else but not you???? how are YOU going????
Lets not talk about how I'm doing at the moment!!

Kel. You got ants in the pants or something? All this exercise and the whole shake thing, you'll be down heaps by Saturday's weigh in.

Ani. 150 cals is nothing to get stressed over. I bet you can't wait to have nothing going on! Seems like there's always something challenging you. I hope once you move things get real boring for you!!

Julia. Chocolate is evil isn't it! Other than that your in the zone! I would kill for a power bill like yours!

In our Sunday paper there's a Body and Soul liftout and there was an ad for this new weightloss system, here's the link to their page. www.bodytrim.com.au They've got a promotion on at the moment that offers you six weeks of online/telephone support, a book and dvd, all for $119, that's a saving of $50. If I had it ($119) I'd be chasing their wagon at the moment!

XX
Barb
Old 01-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #70  

Lightbulb

Happy New Year to all .
Dropped in to see how all are going , it has been along time since I posted
5month 2007.
I looked at my ticker i am back at my start weight.
I feel like a big toad I need a good kick in the !!!!!!!!!!
I have been off work for the passed 5 months on work cover and have turned into a couch toad and feel YUK . With the of the last five months I have done nothing but eat and sit on my ever growing butt ( I have gained 20kg).
The turning point today was in the form of an email from BlueP as I was still on his thread.I have been going to start and going to start so if I come here and tell all of you, I hope it will help me start and keep going.
I feel sad as I look back and think we started this" Aussie Chicks" thread back in 2005 I think, I have been up and down with my weight over the years.
I have let myself down by not looking after me ( I was at my goal weight in 2003)
We have our 25th anniversary this year and we had always planned to redo our vows but as I am at the moment I would not be happy with myself.
I know that I don't have time to get to the size I would need to be to put on the Wedding Dress (I don't think I would ever fit in it again) , But I would like to fit my original Wedding Ring and engagement ring.
So I am asking for your help to get my started and keep me on track

Sorry this soooooooooooo long

butter ball no more
Old 01-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #71  
It's ME!

Welcome back butter ball no more. You've made a really positive first step by logging in here it's a shame that you're back at your start weight but hey, it's not the end of the world. You can do this!! I would recommend that you set yourself some specific goals and join us on this wagon. When I need some extra motivation/inspiration I go onto the "Goal" section of this website and read some of the stories on there. Charles in particular has an amazing history and has achieved so much. Reading his story reinforces to me that this is a battle that can be won.

As for me, I did pretty well with my diet yesterday. Had a great session at the gym with a 20 minute run and a 20 minute walk. Worked for 5 hours after that and that involved a lot of walking around, lifting boxes and going up and down ladders which I'm sure will count as some good exercise.

I've made a most delicious salad for my lunch today and can't wait to eat it ... lettuce, onion, cucumber, carrot, celery, red capsicum, sundried tomatoes, chicken and a few almonds with a mint and lime vinegarette. Jummy!

I'm going to the gym after work today and will do my circuit training programme for the first time. I should have been doing it for the past couple of months now but have always avoided it so it's time to suck it up and get started with it.

Have a great day ladies

Old 01-09-2008, 04:08 PM   #72  

85.5kg
loss of 2.3kg since last thursday, I am this week more interested in what I weigh on Saturday as that will be one week on optifast.
Yesterday I had an Anzac biscuit a little one of the batch me and benji made and also couldnt be bothered making a seperate dinner for me so just took out the pork and noodles out of stirfry and had a small serving of that - it is not what you are meant to have though.... but heaps more workable.
woohoo to not eating working hehehehehe
meeting my mum for lunch so walk around town with pram thats wheels are like shopping trolley probably in the rain! yeah
then home for walk with dogs and then MAYBE when jem goes to sleep some time on the cross trainer out the back before Law&Order and Medium are on I LOVE those shows

everyone kick butt - i am really appreciating food at the moment and realise why "normal" dieting is so hard for me, i just like food cutting it out completly and giving myself timeframes to work with is working for me but i totally think you all rock for sticking to healthy eating and losing weight, I can see me going 'back' to 2 shakes and one MEAL very soon rather than 3 shakes a day

Last edited by smylie; 01-09-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:55 PM   #73  

Hey Butter Ball No More - welcome back . I remember reading your posts when I first joined Aussie Chicks in 2006.

Do you have a plan for your weight loss? I started out at around the same weight as you and was only able to manage this by setting goals of losing 5kg at a time. It's almost 18 months later, and I've dropped almost 24kg. Are you going to calorie count, or do you have another plan in mind?

I stood in front of the margarine at the stupidmarket yesterday, picked up a 500g container and realised I have lost the equivalent of 48 of those in 18 months. I nearly cried, because it was a very 'in my face' way of seeing where I've come … and where I used to be.

Kel - woo hoo on your weight loss! Here's one for you .

I'm having a shocker of a week. Seems like I went off track a few days ago, and I'm struggling to get back on that wagon. I don't really know what's going on - perhaps it's the instability of packing, knowing that 'home open' starts this weekend, having a new housemate who is really strange, and having a landlord who wants to come and 'tidy up' so the house is ready for sale. This doesn't feel like my home anymore, and I'm feeling resentful about all the intrusions.

I'm also feeling overwhelmed by how much there is to do before I move - and I'm in one of those head spaces where there's SO much to do that I'm doing nothing. Does that make sense?

Let alone trying to get my work done…

Blurk!

Lindor where are you? And Kylie?

Ani
Old 01-10-2008, 01:50 AM   #74  

ani
that all sounds NOT FAIR
strange flatmate, annoying landlord
AND i know exactly what u mean about having so much to do you do nothing it is like WHERE DO I START!??
just do the thing that you will be able to notice the most as it will make you feel better, even it is the easiest job of them all at least you will sit down tonight and think you have ackomplished something!

doc said that optifasat and breastfeeding may not be ideal so i am rethinking how hardcore i am on it..... i had a vege stack for lunch today at cafe... what a weird world we live in where MOUNTAINS of cheese are counted as veges..... i did NOT complain heheheheheh

going for walk with dogs now as didnt get to the gym this morning as jemima was asleep.... she will fall asleep on walk FOR SURE as she has not slept since this mornings nap which means probably late bedtime again but it is late bedtime for me too due to tv commitments so its all good
Old 01-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #75  
It's ME!

Yep, I know exactly what you mean Ani. You look at a mountain of stuff and just don't know where to start so you don't do anything. Not very productive!

I had a great time at the gym last night. Snuck a peek on the scales and was disappointed to see that I was up 500g. I know that it's to be expected when I've been back into the weights this week but still .....

I had started my workout and my old trainer (who I think is uber sexy) came up behind me and said "geez, you're disappearing on us!" I was so stoked!! He said I am looking great and to keep up the good work. My size 18 work uniform skirt is now waaay too big and I can fit my whole arm down by my side inside the skirt.

The way I'm feeling at the moment is proof positive that if I want to continue to be happy and feel good about myself I need to stay away from alcohol and exercise on a very regular basis.

Hope you are all well and Ani, I hope you've got some chores started

Closed Thread