Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #151  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

nope, not even a taste I washed the car today.... REALLY washed it. Even oplished afterwards. The damn thing probably won't start tomorrow from shock but at least I got a good workout (it's 4x4).
Amy I used to be a neat freak to, but with my lot I have given up. And yep I end up yelling at them to. The only thing wrong with trying to ignore the mess is that a cluttered home is a cluttered mind and boy has mine been cluttered lately. Trying to get it organised before start back up with studies in 2 weeks but....... (not happening)

Welcome home lindor. Kel mmmm fish n chips. And I am sure you can ave an occassional milo? Maybe that could be your treat? I love malted milk. Someone was talking to me the other day about how they were on a diet and buying everything lite this and lite that. But lite on what? sugar? fat? salt? The only lite I buy is milk, because my body can't tolerate full fat milk. I break out in a rash, and if I have a full cream cappacino in town I am sitting on the look all night. Anything alse I have normal, even 2 sugar in my coffee. I told them this and said moderation is better than deprivation lol.

Just a random ramble.

Vonni

Oops typo - POLISHED the car

Last edited by 7senuf; 01-20-2008 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Ani, I hope you slapped her with your bingo wings!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #153  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

vonni - are you allowed to wash the car where you live???? we hide in our backyard to do ours at random times of the day!!!

ani - you can do it.... you have to stop letting all the house/ landlord/ moving stuff get in your way!!! 700grams til you are 80kg, 800grams til you are under it!!!! one really really good week and you are there!!!!!
optifast is full of all those things that you mentioned this is from the booklet "the optifast vlcd program is designed to totally replace your normal food intake. it contains carbohydraes, essntial fatty acids and high quality protein, which helps preserve lean body mass (muscle) while you lose your fat stores. it also contains the recommended dieatry intake of vitamins, minerals and trace elements"
and i eat 2 cups of veges most days or most days i have a light meal instead of one of the shakes to keep in the practise of eating balanced meal
fish and chips was lovely by the water today didnt eat all the chips we fed them to the seagulls with jemima she loved it! and enjoyed her first taste of fish, chips and batter.... hmmm...
Old 01-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #154  

photos of me and jemima today (the big exciting fish and chips outing)
and photos of me and jemima before xmas... is it in my mind or do i have less chin?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mima and mummy.jpg (35.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg redclifffe jetty.jpg (23.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 24122007(001).jpg (35.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 27122007(029).jpg (35.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #155  
It's ME!

I feel so blah today Tired and a little down and would rather be in bed than here at work. Ah Monday.

Didn't do any exercise over the weekend which isn't good and my diet was pretty up and down too.

Had a lovely time on Saturday night, went to a comedy evening which was part of the world buskers festival and that was brilliant, haven't laughed so much in ages.

Back to the grind today and I have my gym gear in the car ready to go. Ho hum. Hope you are all feeling better than I am today!

Old 01-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Gen, that one line you posted had me near choking on my coffee!!!

Ani, stay positive! It is all part of the journey, you are so right there! And just because one day when you make goal, it is not going to make your life free of all these trials and disruptions! Each day, each issue, is a step towards achieving your goal and learning how to keep the weight off once you are there!

Kel, nice pics! And yes, I see a difference between the first and the last shots! Well done!

Julia, I always reckon a good laugh makes for a bloody good belly workout!! Hope you feel better by the end of your shift

I weighed-in at 192.4lb this morning - a drop of 0.2lb. Not a lot, but proof that I can maintain on these trips away! I also have to remember that what I ate while I was away, the pizza, the snacks, were probably high in salt content and I could be retaining fluid from that. I also faltered severly with my fluid intake while away. And there is also TOM! Maybe I can anticipate a bigger drop next week?

I have to attend a work lunch tomorrow...that will probably result in a burger or something equally bad! So, I need to resolve with myself to work hard at being good for the rest of the week to allow myself that treat! Or, convince myself that something else a little healthier can taste as yummy as that burger!

My head is in a good place just now, and everything seems to be going smoothly with it. It is four weeks now since I jumped back on the wagon and I am feeling just as motivated now as I did then!

Ok, gotta run! Good luck to all who weigh in today!
Old 01-20-2008, 05:13 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I GAINED 0.7kg

Gen I felt like slapping her - but I kinda laughed to myself at the time. She was sitting there polishing off a huge block of chocolate while she was telling me this. And she takes 12 Ritalin a day for adult ADHD, so I'd probably be that skinny if I were on those meds too

Kel I can definitely see a difference in your face in your latest pics.

Lindor well done on losing anything after a disrupted week. That's an excellent result matey.

Julia I'm just going to get right back into it today - we can't change the past, and we just have to suck up the bad days and move forward.

I've spent the last couple of weeks in a state of limbo, and it's because I've been seriously considering a change of career. I had a long talk to my best friend about it yesterday (about closing my business), and I'm very, very close to a major decision.

I'm giving myself a deadline of this Friday to make it.

Anyway, I feel like I have let myself down with my weight - in fact I know I have - in the past two weeks. Almost getting it right most days of the week isn't good enough. This week I am going to work harder, and concentrate every day to reach:

• 1600 cals/day
• 2L water/day
• 30 mins walk/day
• 4 x weights/resistance this week

Ani
Old 01-20-2008, 05:21 PM   #158  
Am I a senior too?

We are on level 2 restrictions. Quote our local council web site - "Vehicles, buildings and paved areas may be washed with a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle". I was good and did this, also a bucket. The bucket had the cleaner in it and the hose was to rinse off SEE I obeyed the law hehe.

guess what guess what....... gimme a carrot kel I lost a kilo this week.

Lndor I hope I can manage to maintain this week like you. I am going to the coast for 4 days to visit my sister and cousin. Just me and the kids.. woohoo.

Well done for all that are losing this week, and keep at it for those who have stalled. I reckon pretty soon we'll all be on board and this wagon will be ROLLING
Old 01-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #159  
Am I a senior too?

Ani we were posting at the same time.......... You are in a major upheaval at the moment. Dnt be to hard on yrself. Do you have to close yr business? Can you pick and choose what interviews you do and do them in other time? Or to difficult? Seems a shame, but then you also have to survive.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:48 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Vonni if the business were just about writing and nothing else, I would be absolutely fine. But I publish a monthly magazine, so it's the other stuff - selling ads, doing admin, marketing, and taking photos.

It's never easy when you work for your own community. They expect to pay nothing, or 'mates rates' for ads - and they target you personally when anything goes wrong.

Like everyone who works in media I have been stalked (twice in ways that scared me enough to go to the police), dragged into political crap, and blamed for things I've had nothing to do with.

Financially it's hard, and I've lived on the bones of my arse for almost nine years because I am a passionate believer in community - and in wanting to offer something to improve the lives of other people.

The other thing that concerns me is that there is limited future for print media. The internet is far more immediate, and certainly it's true that people under 30 will go to the internet before even thinking of picking up a paper/magazine. Over the next five years this is going to be a much bigger problem - and I know that even the major newspapers are struggling with this.

Times are a changing

And from a personal point of view I'm tired of being 'somebody' in the community. People either want to suck up to me or put me down (I'm talking about people I don't know), and others are too intimidated to even say hello.

And I think I've lost my passion for it.

I want a job where I can earn enough money to live alone, to have the empty space around me so that I can get to work on writing a book… And where I can have enough money to travel.

I'm not going to beat myself up over putting on a bit of weight. In the scheme of things it's just a bad couple of weeks. I'm too bolshie to give up, and I don't care how long it takes, how many setbacks I have… I am going to keep on going until I reach my goal. No matter HOW long that takes me.

Ani

PS: I am really, really proud of you for dropping that kilo
Old 01-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #161  

:c arrot::car rot:
1kg
:c arrot:
thats what we are talking about!!!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Ani, sounds like you've already made a decision. Sometimes just making the decision leads to a huge sigh of relief.. hope it makes things easier for you. Maybe with losing the weight as well, and "unwrapping" those layers, you are realising that you don't have to be the martyr and it's okay to do something that's good for you as well as (or instead of) the community. You've done your time by the sound of it.

Lindor, good on you for having a loss, you sound like you're cruising!

Vonni, that's awesome, well done!

Kel, I can *definitely* see a huge difference in your face and neck in the pics!

My tracking etc started again today. I weighed in and I'm back up to 95.5kg. Boohiss.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:32 AM   #163  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

wow well done on the kilo that is alot for a week

dropping weight when not at home is good too lindor

today my day was good 30 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes aerobics.. but i went over on my calories.

had a fight with my hubby and ate his chocolate just to be ***** and becuase i was stressed and it was calling me..... EAT ME EAT ME!!! lol

I need will power lol im on 2042 calories today the chocolate was 181 calories so with out it i would have been fine since im trying to stick to 1800-1900 cals. just shows a little of something can be too much.. lol i had 1 line of cadbury milk chocolate (6 squares )

I have to admit though i enjoyed every square lol...
Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #164  

amy if you are going to eat it you MAY AS WELL enjoy it!!!
i dont know how many times i used to eat the bad stuff really really fast so that i couldnt undo it! so stupid as usually i had to have more coz i had eaten so fast i missed out on the flavour!!
(now i know i can enjoy ANY food i want as long as it fits in with my days eating) (except M&Ms which i am at the moment too scared to have one as i may not be able to stop) (LINDOR are you like that with pringles?)
Old 01-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #165  
Am I a senior too?

I'm off for a few days guys. May catch up using my sis comp but..... Happy week

Vonni
Closed Thread