Old 01-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/277/175

Height: 6'0

Default I need some advice here...I feel like im slipping off

I have tried dieting many times in the past and it hasnt worked. I know why it hasnt worked and thats because when im dieting i always feel like im depriving myself of food and eat more than when im not dieting. I am a big girl but i also have a very full work schedule so with working 12-14 hour days i dont eat alot but then when i get off work im also so tired that i dont do anything but lay on the couch. i guess i need advice on how everyone fights the urge to eat all the time while dieting or am i the only one who does that? Please give me some advice. Im really trying to lose weight cause im only 25 but im already scared that im not gonna lead a long life. thanks everyone for your help. Together we can all reach our goals
letsdoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/138/118

Height: 5'3"

One thing that has helps me is to simply write down everything I eat. I even include if I put mayo on a sandwich. That way you can look to see what you've eaten today and how you can improve upon it tomorrow. Another thing when you have a craving is to drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes (do something else). If you still crave it after that time, have some of whatever but only a bit and put the rest away. With meals, make sure that 1/2 your plate is veggies and fruits (without sauces) and eat those first always. They will help you feel fuller so if you get to something that is extra fattening on your plate you won't want as much. Also start using smaller plates. Plate your food on a large saucer, not traditional dinner plate. Eat what is there and don't go back for seconds. If you are still hungry (truely hungry) eat a banana or something along those lines.
bassetbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #3  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

another idea for if you need to munch during the day, is to have healthy snacks available. pre-bagged carrot sticks, celery, nuts and fruit are great snack. I also write down everything i eat. Also i count calories, that way, if i absolutioly MUST HAVE that scoop of ice cream, i can, i just have to adjust the way i eat for the rest of the day. Dont give up hun, it can take some time to find the right plan for you, but when you do you have to stick to it! It gets better, i promis!
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/138/118

Height: 5'3"

Totally agree to have healthy snacks on hand. Also those "snack bags" that ziploc makes are the perfect size for munchies. You can make your own trail mix (healthier). Get some almonds, unsalted peanuts, raisins, and other dried fruits (with no sugar added) and actually that makes a really tasty snack. Also single serve yogurts are awesome to grab on the go and they come in some seriously yummy flavors now.
bassetbabe is offline   Reply With Quote