3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Losing Weight in 2008

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #31

S/C/G: 256/???/150

For 2008,like many others in this thread,I too am going to pay more attention to my body and what it needs rather then what my taste buds(and mind thinks it wants) only want.My taste buds are naughty little things.I have a curves plate,and gosh darnit...today,it stops collecting dust.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #32
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
Is there a way to save the location of this thread so I don't lose you guys?
I have it set so I automatically subscribe to all the threads I post in. That way, whenever I log on, I just click on "User CP," and it lists all the threads I've ever posted in that have had new posts since the last time I logged in. To do this, go to your User CP, click on "Edit Options" on the left, and choose your desired option from the dropdown menu under "Messaging & Notification> Default Thread Subscription Mode." There, you can choose not to subscribe at all or you can choose to get email notifications if you want (I don't get email notifications, but I do subscribe to the threads). This saves me a LOT of time from having to wander around the site searching for threads!

zoritsa--my taste buds are naughty, too! They reject almost all vegetables (and believe me, I've tried 'em all and have prepared them in ways I didn't know existed!), which really makes proper nutrition and reducing calories pretty tricky at times. But I've found some ways to hide veggies in other foods, so there's almost always a way to trick the taste buds if needed
Got down to about 185 before pregnancy;
Benjamin David born March 24, 2012, 7 pounds 11 ounces
Post-pregnancy: 206.5
Old 12-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #33
No description available.

Hi guys!!

I wish I could bottle the motivation and positive energy in this thread! Even though I can't, it will be very good to check in and have "sips" of it through the year. So far so good! I had maple weight control oatmeal with frozen peaches this am and I am planning to run today.

We'll be going to Sedona AZ this next week, and it can be a challenge to stay on track out of town. Planning ahead will help, along with discipline. The story of my life!!!

Another plan I have for 2008 is to start lifting. I've been thinking about it for YEARS! Why haven't I started. We have a bowflex, and I have no excuses. Except that I don't know how. But dh does! So I shall make him teach me.

Last edited by midwife : 12-29-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #34
No description available.

Missingmyerica, with any luck, this thread will be so busy it shall remain in the top three of the misc clubs! Then it will be easy to find. :-)

Last edited by midwife : 12-29-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:34 PM   #35

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

I did it! I subscribed! My first time.....hooray!

Old 12-29-2007, 04:11 PM   #36
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
I'm with you. I've got a lot to lose as you can see from my ticker.
Hi. Good luck in your journey. I can't help but wonder, though, why your weight goal is so low. At five six 114.5 pounds would give you a BMI of just over 18. That sounds pretty thin, and maybe on the edge of being unhealthy.

Just my two cents, which of course you are free to ignore.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #37
nearly there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodObsessed View Post
I once lost 80lbs in 5 months so it's not too much to lose 48 in less than 37 weeks.

That's awfully fast. What were you eating, and how much were you exercising in order to drop pounds so quickly?
Old 12-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #38
nearly there

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I've got a lot of obstacles, but they are all overcomable (yeah, I made that word up), and I've also got lots of motivators. We have 2 puppies right now, so walking them more will be an easy way to get more activity into my schedule. I'm also engaged, so looking a bit better for my future wedding (we haven't set a date yet) would be nice. We also hope to start a family in the next 4 years or so, and I want to be healthy and fit for pregnancy since I don't have the greatest health track record--I know it is possible to have a healthy pregnancy while obese, but with my health history, I know it's not very likely for me!

We went to Olive Garden a couple weeks ago, and we sat in a booth. It was so tight that some of the top part of my stomach hung over the table. It was pretty horrific, and I don't ever want to experience that again, or, even worse, end up not fitting into the booth at all.

FoodObsessed--I'm with ya on the lot to lose. I'm about 320 right now, so I'm in it for the long haul!

karmuz--I'm not one to set specific time goals for my weight loss because it can be so frustrating. Don't forget that the closer you get to goal, the more likely your weight loss will slow down even more. I'm not trying to discourage you by any means, but I'm not sure it's 100% realistic to expect to even keep losing at the same rate you have been for your last few pounds. Just remember that anything other than a gain is a step in the right direction, no matter how fast or slow!
What breed are your puppies and what are their names?

I love dogs.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #39
Gotta make it happen...

S/C/G: 289/273/246

Height: 5'8

Wow! The energy and support in this group is contagious!

I'm a newbie to 3FC and wanted to find a group that I could join for support (to give and receive). I am going to lose weight in 2008 and I am going to try WW. I've tried a few things, including "listening to my body" but none of that works. I find that I can be inconsistent without the right accountability structure and my body seems to say things like "McDonnnnnald'sssss" or "Krisppppppy Kreeeeeeme"... LOL So I don't think it's a good idea for me to pay it much attention right now. At least not until it learns some new phrases!

My very first WW meeting won't be until Thursday, so I'll keep you guys posted on how that goes. Until then, I'll just focus on preparing myself to make the necessary changes. I'm a teacher so I'm not sedentary at all, but I do have some bad habits. I rarely eat breakfast and if I do, its a honey bun from the vending machine in the teacher's lounge... talk about healthy! Lunch is usually minimal or at least it seems that way because I'm probably starved out by the time that comes. It's usually not that bad of a health choice though... salads, sandwiches, etc. Now the time between lunch and dinner gets pretty tricky. The myth about teachers getting off at 3pm is a huge joke. I'm usually there for one meeting or another until at least 5pm, which means I'm starving again. If I have errands to run, that makes the evening longer and decreases that chances of cooking anything healthy. It usually becomes the quickest thing I can fix for us or the local drive-thru. Exercise, outside of all the standing, walking, and moving I do in the classroom, is non-existent. I'm so tired when I get home that I tend to veg out after getting the kids settled at home. Sooooooooooo.... I need a change!

I'm looking forward to talking with all of you more and reaching our goals together!

[/center]
Old 12-29-2007, 05:07 PM   #40

Quote:
I have it set so I automatically subscribe to all the threads I post in. That way, whenever I log on, I just click on "User CP," and it lists all the threads I've ever posted in that have had new posts since the last time I logged in. To do this, go to your User CP, click on "Edit Options" on the left, and choose your desired option from the dropdown menu under "Messaging & Notification> Default Thread Subscription Mode." There, you can choose not to subscribe at all or you can choose to get email notifications if you want (I don't get email notifications, but I do subscribe to the threads). This saves me a LOT of time from having to wander around the site searching for threads!
Ohhh,thanks! Didn't know how to do that before.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #41

S/C/G: 311/305/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey Everyone,

just like missingmyerica, I subscribed to this thread. It's my first thread too.

I'm using 2008 as a fresh start. I'd like to listen to my body, but it's got no clue what's going on at this point either. I'm going to do South Beach, as the guidelines are easy to follow, and I love the idea of getting un-addicted to sugar and carbs. If I don't have a set of rules, I will find a way to make excuses and I'm not going to let myself do that. But that's just me. I've lived without eating rules for 26 years, aside from a few brief diets, and it's time for me to change it.

I am very excited about the new year, and working toward a new me, and I look forward to doing it with all of you!

WooHoo!!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #42
Gotta make it happen...

I subscribed too! whooooo hoooooo
Newbie on a roll! LOL

You can also just scroll up to the top of this page and click the down arrow for "Thread Tools" then select "Subscribe to this thread". That's what I did.

[/center]
Old 12-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #43

Quote:
my taste buds are naughty, too! They reject almost all vegetables (and believe me, I've tried 'em all and have prepared them in ways I didn't know existed!), which really makes proper nutrition and reducing calories pretty tricky at times. But I've found some ways to hide veggies in other foods, so there's almost always a way to trick the taste buds if needed
Oh now see,my taste buds love almost all fruits and veggies....just when given the option of those over junk foods like chocolate....they so go for the chocolate and bad foods I have to keep them in check.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #44
Gotta make it happen...

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoo View Post
I'm going to do South Beach, as the guidelines are easy to follow, and I love the idea of getting un-addicted to sugar and carbs.
Have you or anyone else tried South Beach before? I know a few people who did well but could never get a real handle on how it's done. All of the written info I found seemed a bit intimidating. Is it as restrictive as it looks?

[/center]
Old 12-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #45

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

I tried the "fried zucchini" recipe from Hungrygirl.com today and well let's just say....I wasn't thrilled. I guess my expectations were too high and I expected it to taste just like regular fried zucchini. Ah well, live and learn. I love veggies, so it's no big deal. I use zucchini instead of cucumbers in my salad, just to get in another healthy veggie. I did make some homemade sugar free/fat free hot chocolate mix out of powdered nonfat milk, splenda and cocoa. It tastes so good, and since I don't use artificial sweetner in anything else, I thought I'd use it as a treat. Has anyone made any new (healthy) recipes lately?

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.