Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 03:15 PM   #16  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how is every one doing?

nothing new on this end....just hanging out around the house.

Jane~ My sister lives two hours north of us, up in the area where we used to live.

Sue~ Great job on keeping up with your exercising!

Jules hasn't been on her myspace since yesterday, so I am guessing that she is really busy and maybe, just maybe, little Dominick is on his way!

Marti~ Holy cow that is a lot of snow!!! Brandon got some underwear, and then they all got socks, Logan got a pair of Cars pajamas and then the boys got a new DVD. The mall has a Target connected to it, so we just went in there. The mall surprisingly wasn't as packed as we thought it would be! But then again, we also met my dad and sister there in the early evening. So everybody that had to take stuff back had already been there and gone home.

Trish~ Great job on the loss! I had a slight gain, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been.

Cristina~ I hope you feel better soon!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #17  
ugggg.....

I am sorry to say there is no baby news yet....I am as anxious as everyone here. Poor Teri is starting to swell a little. She actually worked 6 pm - 10 pm Wednesday night and started getting some contractions that faded away to be nothing. We have a doctors appt Friday morning so I am hoping she will have news that she can head on over to the hospital or be induced this weekend.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I hope that they send her to get induced! I had swelling with Brandon, so I know what she is going through. It is not fun at all!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #19  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Ladies.

Hi Ladies.........

Nothing much going on here. Just relaxing. I slept like the dead today.....lol. Guess I was really tired. lol.

To Everybody: Thanks for your support for DH, but I know he'll be just fine and he is meant for something better. Glad you all had a great holiday, except for poor Cristina -- hope you feel better! The flu is going around work like wild fire!! I wish you all a Very Happy New Year and hope that all your dreams come true.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Sue - don't you just love the flat panel monitors? They take up so much less room. Glad you had a nice Christmas.

Marti - yay for a short week, this week and next, too. What did I get for Christmas? I very seldom mention what gifts I get for Christmas, birthdays, etc, but I'll make an exception just this once. Let's see... Neal got me a 30" gold chain that I'd been wanting, and also the most beautiful necklace - it's a filagreed oval with the dove of peace on it, and has an inspirational saying imprinted on the back. It touched me so much that I almost cried. He also got me a wide up emergency flashlight/siren thingy to keep in the car, in case of emergency, plus some small items in my stocking. The kids got me perfume, a bath set, a Sudoku game, beautiful gold earrings, a blue silk scarf, and 3 gift cards. What about you?

Trish - I guess you mean DS as Dear Sister and not Dear Son, right? A big WooHoo for your loss! That's great, especially right at Christmas. I'm so glad you've got the computer. Means you can come in here a lot!

Cristina - so sorry you were sick, especially on Christmas Day! Hope you're feeling much, much better now.

Mindee - well, I'm glad your sis isn't too far away.

Jules - how'd the doctor visit go today?

Sassy - glad you got some rest, hon.

I've been feeling so much better now that my eating is back in control. I've actually been craving salad, veggies, and good stuff like that.

It's raining, but I still have to go to town and get some groceries. Also want to pick up my photos.

Have a good one!
Old 12-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #21  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

Today is WI and sure enough, I gained a pound. 146.2lbs. I thought it was going to be more but only a pound which isn't too bad. And instead of moping about it like I usually would, I've been planning in my head a routine that I need to do to get back on track. I did my walk and floor exercises last night. I plan on cutting back on all the sweets (hmmm....should really consider giving it all up!) and just plan on eating right.

Who all has to work New Years Eve? I do but with all the doctors offices being closed, it's been slow for us (I am finally caught up in my work....first time all year!) and so they're thinking that we'll be able to go home early. I don't have any plans so it makes no difference to me.

Jane--
What did I get? As I've mentioned before, I got a Fairy journal. Called Fairyopolis, A flower fairies journal: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...ndex=0#gallery
It was just so much fun and mystical that I just wanted it and my hubby remembered! I also got some nice sweaters and Victoria Secrets body lotion and scrubs. Very nice Christmas.

Sassy--Sounds like you needed the sleep. Hope you get even more!

Mindee--Later in the day is always a good time to shop "after" the holidays. "Before" the holidays its always best to shop in the morning.

Cristina--Sorry that you've been sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Jules--Tell Terri that we're getting anxious here! I was late w/my DD. Those last two weeks were the longest ever! Now I wish I could go back and start over!

Ok....MUST get moving and get ready for work.

You all have a great Friday and cheers to the weekend!
Old 12-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello Ladies

Jane - Yes DS is Dear Sister. Sorry forgot about it meaning son too. We are getting rain here to finally and Thank God. We need a lot of it. I think I talked DH into not getting out in it as we went to the store yesterday. He needs to take one of his "toys" he got for Christmas back, but we have to drive to NC to do that and the traffic will be terrible on Friday coming home. I think we are going to do it Monday. We'll see.

Marti - Sorry about the gain, but it will come off quickly. We have eat out a lot and ate ham Christmas day and once since then and so I may see a gain Sunday. I know you are glad to be caught up at work. Nice DH remembered what you wanted and got it for you for Christmas.

Cristina - Sorry you were sick. Hope you are feeling better.

Sassy - Glad you got some much needed rest. Ive been doing that lately and not sure why I seem to need so much sleep lately. I think it is because I stay up so late with DH now. I seem to remember when I worked nights that I needed more sleep and when I didn't get it that I was sick more. I always worked even though I was sick, but I remember a lot of us night people did.

Jules - I agree with others that we are anxiously waiting to hear from you to tell us we have a baby Dominick or what the doc had to say.

Mindee - Glad you are able to spend time with your sister. What fun. My sister back in TX and I visit on the phone every Saturday. It is one the highlights of our week that we both look forward to.

I'm sure I missed some and I apologize for that. I hope everybody is having a really great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 12-28-2007, 03:48 PM   #23  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Feeling a little better today...still nauseous for some reason. DD thinks she's funny and said maybe your pregnant, ha ha ha. I think it's just a flu bug.

Glad everyone had a nice Christmas.

Chat later
Old 12-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #24  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Ugly, rainy, gray day here. I have not accomplished much. I put a 5 hour stew in the oven, colored my hair and helped Mom bathe her dog. Talked to DD from CA for awhile and e-mailed DS and DGS. Being lazy and keeping warm.
DH went down south to play cards and I just wanted to stay home. We go to French Lick for 2 nights for our WA in Jan. and then a week to Vegas the end of the month.

Jane- Glad to hear the you had a wonderful family Christmas. I am enjoying the monitor and can even read it without my glasses. I imagine you are getting the cold, nasty rain. Best to stay indoors.

Marti- One pound will come off quickly. You have done so well. I know I have gained back what I lost in the summer. I haven't even tried much since Mom was in the hospital. SO guess what I am planning for the New Year? Not a resolution...just a promise to myself.

Trish- Sounds like you enjoy the new laptop. I can use DH's laptop if I want to, and do occasionally. Hard to get used to after the desktop though I think. Now I will never want to use it after getting this big monitor. Did you go to NC or plan to wait until Mon?

Cristina- Oh darn, I am so sorry that you were sick for part of the holiday. That really stinks! Hope you are able to spend lots more time with Josh before he goes back. I am assuming he is staying with the GF. Don't they forget mama when a pretty girl comes along? LOL

Jules- I know you must be so anxious for the baby boy. Hope there was good news from the Dr. today. Nothing seems to compare with the first time you hold that new grandbaby in your arms. I was there for the birth of all 4 of my "grands" and each one was so special. Wow, I almost got tears just thinking of the births.

Sassy- Hope you continue to get rest and feel good. Sorry, like everyone else, about DH not getting the job. Bummer! Did you guys ever decide to try for the house he liked?

Mindee- Sounds like a nice time at the mall with your sis. I must admit I prefer Target to most of the mall stores here. I am not much for the high end stores. I like Penney's and Kohl's....that's about as far from Target as I get. lol

Angie- I have been seeing some nice leather jackets and coats in the AFTER sales.....and I really need one. I am so bad about putting off buying things for myself until..."I lose the weight." Isn't that what we do ladies? So hard to break that habit.

I know I am missing someone, and I am sorry if it is you....I am trying to hurry here. Thinking of taking a little nap. I still have to go out to the shop and pedal the bike for half an hour too...ugh.
Any plans for New Years Eve anyone...(besides Marti working that is.) My SIL/BIL invited us to their house for the evening with several others to play cards and celebrate. Depends on how Mom feels and what the weather is like since it is an hour and half from here. We usually stay off the roads.

Have a happy week-end ladies.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #25  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina- That is soooooo not funny, huh? Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:43 PM   #26  
GmaTo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
Hello ladies... DD thinks she's funny and said maybe your pregnant, ha ha ha.
Hey, Cristina, maybe you ARE preggers, and you'll deliver before Teri!!
Old 12-28-2007, 06:56 PM   #27  
ugggg.....

Before individuals--baby news from the visit today. If little Nick doesn't arrive by Friday the 4th, she will be induced. They did something called stripping the membranes today. She's 3-4 cm dialated but not effaced yet. She's hoping for this weekend. She's not feeling well so they didn't go get Lily today. We did find out she's been having contractions but she said they didn't hurt so she didn't think they were. The midwife told her all that tightening she felt were indeed contractions.

Sue--I definitely can't wait!! I work New Year Eve's dauy until 6pm and we don't have any plans at this time unless the baby actually decides to try to be the first new year baby born.

Cristina--sorry your feeling bad. You know...a lady that goes to my moms church was going through menopause and had a son ready to graduate high school and a daughter in college when she found out she was pregnant....

Trish--it's so nice that you get to talk to your sister once a week. My brother and I started calling each other to plan mom's bday and have kept it going.

Marti--DS and his ex exchanged Christmas gifts (these two can't stay away from each other...) He got her a tin with fairy notecards in it and a fairy ornament to hang from her rear view mirror.

Jane--hubby and I have decided to try and eat more raw foods--lots of fresh veggies. We do eat alot already. Friday night is always broiled salmon & a big salad.

Sassy--I am glad you got some rest. I am not sleeping good. I keep waiting for that phone to ring and last night I kept dreaming Teri was having the baby.

Mindee--we were hoping they would induce her this weekend but she has to wait the first opening wasn't until next Thursday and Dave has to work so she took the Friday date.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #28  
ugggg.....

Attachment 27982
Me, my brother & Mom on her 75th birthday

Last edited by jules1216; 05-10-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #29  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I am reading these messages to DD and she is laughing, lol. But yeah, that is soooo not funny! I think I would literally die!

Anyway, hello ladies again! I will do individuals tomorrow for sure. Just a little bored so thought I would stop by and lurk a little.

JULES...that is a great picture of the three of you. I saw it on your myspace and loved it as well as the other pictures.

Have a good evening.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:03 AM   #30  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jules,,,ahh poor Teri. I had told Monte that a Jaded Gradndbaby could be born on his birthday....guess not. I was induced with Brandon, (my water did a slow leak for days,,and here I thought I had issues with my bladder) But hoping things happen for her soon.

Marti,,,ooo I want what you had...lol Funny about Guitar Hero,,everyone I know got one,,,and have been going nuts. I haven't really seen any of them in days...lol Im thinking fingers are like plucked down to the nubs. We got Wii this past summer but Christmas we bought more games,,,and my brother Arden joined us,,,we played,,,and played. My right shoulder is aching so bad,,from bowling...and golf. I just love playing the game. Had my nose out of joint for some time when both kids beat me bad in Cooking Mama. Im the Mama,,Im the one who cooks!
Monte also bought me a spa package. 90 minutes of massage and facial.
Brandon bought me all of the Il Divo CDs...which will go into my Ipod Tanner got me. (its the little clip one that has 1 button-figure I can work 1 button)
I also got a manicure and pedicure set.

Sassy, sorry to hear about hubby not getting the position. That bites.

Jane, I figured out why I couldn't read the other chit chat,,,I had my pop up blocker on high. So I guess I have to put up with Zwinky to read the posts...lol Dang that Zwinky!

Anyone have big plans for NE?

Well I am exhausted,,,have a nail appointment tomorrow,,take down the decorations,,,Take Tan to an all night gaming party,,,*shrug and then Take Monte out for his Birthday. Im tired just thinking about it.
Closed Thread