The January Club

You're on Page 8 of 32
Go to
  • Well, I survived the pizza - I gave it to the kids for dinner so it is gone! My daughter actually asked for some veggies with her pizza. That's my girl!
  • Made it another day
    I know how you all feel with the temptations coming at us. One of our competitors at school was going around offering everyone (not on his team) chocolate chip cookie bars. I could go eat 3 or 4. That was just downright mean. I was up a pound this morning and I am so hoping that it has to do with T.O.M. Hopefully I'll get that out of the way before weigh in later this week.

I find that I eat more on schedule and spread calories out through the day when I work during the week. Kelly had a meeting so I walked while I waited, did a mile. Then we did the cardio workout. I was pretty tired when I got home, legs were kind of shot.

Bumble-Keep running. Good job.
    Foucault- good job staying away from the pizza.
    Wardhog- still no pizza? You are strong.

Keep working everyone and stay strong.
  • Hi Everyone,
    I have been under the weather the past few days. I actually stayed home from work today.

My throat is itchy and I can't breathe out of my nose. This is a good thing, because I'm not snacking...it's too hard to breathe and eat. I'm choosing breathing.

I'm headed back to bed but I wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.

This is week 3 and the temptations will be there...we can overcome them. I believe this! Stay strong. Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
  • I hope you feel better soon, Mychoice.

Today I did 11 min (1 mi) to warm up, a Group Ride class, and 30 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. My weight nudged UP a little more this morning. I will stay strong, though.
  • WardHog - Yay! We both managed to avoid disaster! I'm glad the call of the pizza wasn't too strong for you.

mtiger - Great job with the walking! I've heard from several people that TOM always raises the number on the scale. I'm taking a BC pill that holds mine off until once a quarter. So, I go three months without. I haven't noticed a change during the time that I'm supposed to be experiencing TOM, but there certainly is a difference when I get to the placebo pills.

Susie - I hope you're feeling better tomorrow. Remember to drink as many fluids as you can to fight your cold. I was pretty out-of-it for a few days back in December when co-workers were passing a cold around the office.

I managed to drop another pound this week. Of course, I always want to lose two in a week, but I know from experience that it just doesn't happen. I'll usually have two or three weeks where I drop a couple pounds each weigh-in, and then I'll have a week or two when I can only lose a pound, if that. I'm soooo close to 225 that I can taste it.

My will power was awesome this morning! The boss bought breakfast for everyone in the office this morning. They were ordering from a place that sells breakfast burittos, loads of eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese, etc. I passed it up and ate my shredded mini wheats with skim milk and yogurt. It wasn't even that difficult to turn the offer of a fattening breakfast down in favor of my usual.

My computer is fixed, and my stress is greatly reduced. I'm amazed that I got through that little crisis without turning to food. I never wavered from my plan and stayed under my daily calorie allowance. Yay!

Today is walking day. Hopefully it will warm up a bit before I go for my 1.5 mile walk at lunch.

I hope everyone else is doing well and staying on plan. When you're tempted by evil food, just think of how good you'll feel when you step on the scale and see a lower number.
  • MyChoice- I hope you feel better.

foucault and Wardhog-Congrats on staying strong and staying the course through distress.

I will not be posting for the next week or so, but no worries I will be back.

Hope everyone has a great week.
  • Hi y'all. Today I did 2 mi (21:30), then Group Power class, then 2 more mi (21:30). I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. Weight is stuck at 158.2 (up .6). Maybe the scale will move tomorrow.
  • Finally, 137lbs. And my hips are down to 36.5! Seriously, when my body plateaus, it means business!!! I dropped to 138 like, ummm, November!!!! All I want is 135 by Vegas on Feb 7, is that asking too much?!?!??
  • WardHog - I hope the scales move the right way for you tomorrow. It's just a matter of time, but sometimes it can be so frustrating.

PrettyOne - I think two pounds by Feb 7th is a reasonable goal. It must be harder to lose when you're so close to your goal. I wish you much luck!

I'm chugging along with my plan. I haven't eaten anything I wasn't supposed to or missed scheduled exercise sessions. I hadn't walked regularly since last summer, so I've spent the last couple weeks getting back in the groove of that. It feels good. My third try at that dance fitness video was today. I actually did pretty well. I can do the routine if I have time to think between the steps. Hopefully, the next two times will allow me to find the groove and enjoy the dancing more than worrying about the choreography.

I AM SO EXCITED! This is such a small thing, but for me it is huge. I've been doing ten push-ups when I do my strength training every other day. I'm doing the girly push-ups that involve the knees, but still - it's hard work. Anyway, the first week was filled with sub-par, ridiculous-looking push-ups. I still did them as best as I could manage. Today I finished up my video and got down on the floor to do my ten pushups. The first five were so amazingly in-form and easy that I almost jumped up and down in celebration. I did ten more which didn't have such perfect form, but they were better than doing nothing. I'll be so excited when I can actually do ten push-ups without looking like a complete loser. :-) This strength training thing is really working!
  • Hi,
    I'm still home with a cold but feeling a bit better. I will go back to work tomorrow.

I have been drinking my water and didn't really have much of an appetitie untill today. I'm craving chicken-noodle soup.

Foucault: You are so right to celebrate those push-ups! Good job

Bumble: We will miss you...hurry back.

Wardhog: Keep up the good work...the scales will reward you soon.

Mtiger: How are you doing?
  • Hi everyone
    Wow!! I've been so busy after school and then my favorite tv shows are on "Biggest Loser" and "American Idol". Kelly and I have been working out after school every night. I've had a bad cold and T.O.M. both and it's kind of kicking my butt. I haven't missed a workout though. Yeah!!!

I have been at 238 for two days now and I'm hoping for a little more loss before weigh in on Friday. Tom. we weigh in for our work competition. Wish us luck. I know that the thinnest team is doing really well. Oh well, like I said, it's not about winning the comp. but winning a better body and fitness.

Keep working everyone. I know how hard it is to stay positive when that scale doesn't seem cooperative. Good luck all.
  • I am so proud of myself. I have now successfully gone a week and a half, doing much better with my eating, and working out almost every day. Now, it is just frustrating because I have not lost a single pound. It gets very depressing, but I know if I keep working hard eventually it will have to happen....right? There aren't too many physically fit people who weigh 235 are there?
  • Susie - I hope you're back to 100% soon. The colds that are going around this year are lingering. I had one a few weeks back and it stuck around forever.

mtiger - I've been on the American Idol train, too. I love the auditions, even if I get embarrassed for some of the people. The 16-year-old girl who was auditioning for her mother was sick and overweight broke my heart. She was so sweet.

Kelly - Like you said, as long as you keep at it, you'll get there eventually. I know how discouraging it can be to try and try, but not see the scale numbers drop. Just keep telling yourself that you're doing the right thing, and you will see your goal weight one day.

I'm doing well. There is a meeting this afternoon, and they're buying pizza for everyone in the office for lunch. It's those big slices from Costco. I'm going to hide because I'm afraid I'll go down there and shove two slices in my mouth and blow my day of healthy eating. I will have my yogurt and Tofurky sandwich. I *will*. I will *not* have greasy pizza. Strength!

I was going to walk today, but the high is supposed to be 27 with a windchill of 10. I definitely don't want to be out in that. Instead, I'm going to stay inside and do my dance DVD. I think I got it down. There are also two great routines that involve a tension band so you can work on your upper body and lower body. I haven't done them yet, but I'm very excited to try.
  • Today I did a 12 min mile to warm up, Group Ride class, and 30 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today.

Everyone is doing so well! Great job!
  • A little frustrated
    So today was weigh in for our contest at school. I was feeling good since I knew I was down at home. I lost 3 pds and Kelly lost 2. Not too bad, right? Well were we shocked when we started hearing about 5pds here, 8 pounds there. And this is from people who have not been working out like Kelly and I, and just changed what they were eating. We lost like 2 something% and the winning team for the week lost 8%. Like I said, a little frustrating.

However, we are in this to change our lives and for the long haul. We'll see how things go as the weeks pass. I'm sure some of them will not be pulling those kinds of numbers next week. Plus we just feel more fit, building some muscle and stamina. Yeah us!!! Keep it up Kelly!!!

Tom. is my official weigh in. Wish me luck. I've been getting to around 1300 calories a day. A litle bit better. I still find it hard to eat much more. But, I think it's working so I will stick with it.