3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

The January Club

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #91
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

bumble - I love Group Kick! They took the front mirrors down in the group fitness room in my gym, which makes it much better.

foucault - Good luck with the video. I always have to leave a little room in my plan for something sweet. Lately I have been buying 100 calorie packs of M&Ms. There are not many in there, so I just eat them very s-l-o-w-l-y.

mtiger - Pizza sounds so good! It's a trigger food for me, so I need to stay far, far away. Great job on the exercise!

Mychoice - How was the weigh-in?

As for me - today I did 22 min (2 mi) on the treadmill to warm up, a Group Power class, and 23 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I am feeling super motivated going into the week-end because this morning I weighed 157.6!!! That's down 3.8 pounds since the first. yay!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #92

Hi everyone.

Well...the scales didn't move. Not up (that's a good thing) but not down...I was a little upset. But one of the gals reminded me that I'm working out and it's a trend with me that sometimes when I've increased my workouts it takes 2 weeks for my effort to show up on the scale.

So, instead of comforting myself with food (which I thought about for minute--but thought where would that get me), I thought about how my pants aren't cutting into my waist like they were 2 weeks ago. I thought about how I'm noticing my eyes when I look into the mirror instead of my neck and what was starting to become a double chin. Those things made me feel better.

I have an email friend that we email one another about our weight-loss journey and I was talking to her about grabing small things here and there, like Hershey kisses and she said that when she thinks about doing something like that, she does something else physical, like go downstairs for something, put something away, straighten an area up, or even just puts her hand on her stomach and it seems to help. I thought that was a great idea.

Wardhog: I'm so happy the scales were down for you! Doesn't it feel GREAT!

Focult: Let us know what you think of that video..who cares if you can't do remember all the steps...whose watching? and even if they were..who cares...it's movement and it's fun..that's what counts.

Bumble: I love your pizza strategy. I will use that in the future sometime when we have pizza at the office.

mtiger: you have been doing well...I'm sure your efforts will show.

I'll be around sometime this weekend. Stay on track everyone. I'm going to...I'm stating this so that you can check me on it...weekends are hard for me because I'm a routine person and on the weekends I'm out of my routine.
Any advice on that issue is most welcome

1st goal (Starting 06-29-14)
Old 01-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #93
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink Hi!

So today was weigh in day. 239, that's a total loss of 4 pounds in two weeks. Yeah!!! I walked and jogged a bit after school today with Kelly, and a lot of other teachers were walking since our competition started yesterday. I did 2 miles in 40 min. That was pretty good.

When I got home, all hot and worn out, there was pizza waiting for me. Here we go again with the pizza thing. Well I added up calories and had only eaten about 600 so far, so I ate 2 slices. I believe I stayed well within my calorie count and boy was it good.

Wardhog- Congrats on the weight loss. Feels great doesn't it? I obviously love pizza and just have to plan for it and stick to the plan.

Mychoice- I know how you feel with the scale. I tend to go up, down, up,etc. I am always excited when I don't gain.

Just a tip- Bob (of biggest loser) says, even if you don't get the steps right, as long as you are moving and trying, you are getting benefit. So try those dance videos and fumble, and HAVE FUN!!!

Keep it up all. Our hard work will pay off.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
Old 01-12-2008, 03:04 AM   #94
go on girl!

mtiger and wardhog, congrats on the loss.

MyChoice-Proud A You for staying strong and aware. That is the most difficult part. Getting up to try a new workout and fighting your cravings for unhealthy food choices is one thing. But deciding not to chuck it all in is much harder. Good for you. I have been gauging my progress by the way I look and feel (no weigh in until valentines day) and I have been noticing the same things. My eyes are brighter, my skin is glowy-er. I'm noticing what was lumpy two weeks ago is now a bit smoother, a bit curvier. My hair is prettier and my smile is bigger. I laugh more. I am in T.O.M right now and feel fantastic. Before I would have been moody as heck and demanding baked goods.

Good luck everybody. I hope you will be having a delightful weekend.

Last edited by bumble : 01-12-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #95
Maintainer Wannabe

Hang in there, Mychoice. It will happen.
Good job, mtiger!
Sounds like you are making good progress, too, bumble.

Today I did a Group Ride class, 30 min on the elliptical and 30 min (2 mi) on the treadmill (hills, level 10). I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I need to eat more protein! Fewer carbs!
Old 01-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #96
mtiger

Wink Hiya

How is everybody doing? Today I had a ton of errands and shopping to do. I had breakfast and some popcorn for a snack. I had 1 slice of that leftover pizza and then left the house. Got home, took care of everything and it was 5:30. I had only eaten 600 calories. Now I feel like I need to stuff my face all night just to get close to 1300 or 1400. How do I do this?

I bought a new cookbook today. It's the Better Homes and Gardens Dieter's Cookbook. It has some really good stuff in it. It also has formulas for BMI and calorie requirements in it. I like it because it is normal food, nothing all fancy. I'm marking a few things I want to try this week so I can go shopping tom. and make sure I have all the ingredients.

Still need to workout for the day. I will probaly do the cardio with a little weight training added in. Can't slow down now.

Keep working hard everyone.

Adopt your own!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #97
Maintainer Wannabe

mtiger, I have that cookbook and I love it! My favorite part is that there is a picture for every recipe so I can see if mine turned out like it was supposed to. I make the meatloaf all the time and my whole family loves it. Some other favorites are the peppery beef and vegetables and the chicken corn chowder. What are you planning to make?
Old 01-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #98

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

WardHog - Congratulations on the huge loss! That's wonderful! All the working out has certainly paid off.

Susie - Hang in there and don't give up. I've had those weigh-ins where I thought for sure that I'd lose something, but nothing budged. Just think of how happy you will be when the scales move next week or the week after. And think of how much better you are treating your body. It will thank you eventually.

mtiger - Woo! Congrats on the loss! I bet you feel great. I usually do about 2 miles in 40 minutes, too. I do have to stop for pee-pee breaks since I bring my dog for all my walks, but he usually knows how to hustle after lifting his legs on a bush down the street. As for the cookbook... I'm definitely going to have to track it down. It sounds like something I can use to shake up my meals.

bumble - I love how you're looking at all of the other noticeable things that have improved since you began eating healthier. That's really what it is all about. Even if we lose all the weight we want to, we won't look any better if our bodies don't look as if we've been treating them right. All those veggies must be doing wonders for our skin.

I'm still around and on track. I have plenty of calories left over for a nice snack tonight. I think I might have some popcorn while we're watching movies.

For anyone looking for something to keep them filled, I've found something wonderful. Several people on 3FC in other threads were talking about Greek yogurt. I found some at Trader Joe's yesterday (I'm sure you can also find them at whole foods stores). The brand is Fage. I had a serving of it (which was fairly large) with a tablespoon of honey and a handful of walnuts mixed in. The kind I got was made from fat free milk, so it was about 100 calories, no fat grams. The walnuts added another 100 calories and 10 fat grams. The honey was 60 calories. So, 260 calories and 10 fat grams in all. It was *so* tasty, and the yogurt has 13 grams of protein in it. When you add in the protein in the walnuts (5 grams), it's got a total of 18 grams. I had it with a tofu turkey sandwich on wheat bread. I ate at 10:30 when I got out of bed. I did my errands, shopped, and walked four miles. I wasn't the least bit hungry until 5:00 this evening.

Mini-Goal: 250 || Mini-Goal: 220 || Mini-Goal: 199 || Mini-Goal: 180 || Mini-Goal: 165 || Mini-Goal: 150
Old 01-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #99
mtiger

Wink

Wardhog- I love the pics in the cookbook. I will have to try the meatloaf. Some things I have planned are the Chicken&corn chowder, the monte cristo, a few of the chicken dishes, english muffin breadand peachy rice pudding. They all sound yummy!! I can't wait.

Adopt your own!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:11 AM   #100

Well, I haven't had the weight loss I was hoping for, only half a pound this week. But, on the other hand, I have kept to my "exercise 6 days a week instead of 4" plan. I do feel better for that.

My weight loss site, with blog, before and after pics, recipes, tips, charts, and stuff. Annie Takes Off
Old 01-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #101
Maintainer Wannabe

Good job on the exercise, tealeaf. Keep up the good work and the weight loss will follow.

Today I did 33 min on the treadmill (3 mi), 33 min on the stair climber, and 33 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #102
go on girl!

Tealeaf - good job staying to plan, and congrats on your loss.

So, I am doing okay today. It was a running day and I felt really good about my accomplishment there. I was concidering repeating week one of C25K program, but after today I think I may be good to push on to week two. We'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone has great success this week.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:13 PM   #103

tealeaf - I'm sorry the scales haven't been cooperative with you recently. With your exercise schedule and healthy eating, I'm sure you'll start to see the pounds falling off soon. It's just a matter of time. It's good to see you back here, though!

bumble - Great job on running yesterday! I think I can run for about 1/4 of a mile and then I have to stop so I can wheeze and feel like I'm dying. ;-)

I managed to avert a near disaster last night. I'm an emotional eater. My computer blew up yesterday night. Smoke was coming out the back of it. After pacing the apartment and wondering what I should do, I made a few calls to repair places. Only one answered. He said it was the power supply that blew up, and that he thinks he can fix it fairly easily. I was (and am) still worried about it, and I nearly talked my boyfriend into going to Dairy Queen with me. I decided against it at the last minute. Instead, I sat down and organized my CDs and watched some television. I dropped the computer off this morning. He's going to call me back when he has an answer. Hopefully, he won't call back and tell me that it requires more work than just a power supply. There are Twix downstairs in the vending machine, and I don't want the temptation of eating one dogging me for the rest of the day.

On top of all the hectic-ness with my broken computer, my dog decided to throw up in my car while I was on the way to drop the computer off. I nearly ran out of gas on my way back to work. Everyone I work with is in my office bugging me for things I don't have. Just a bad Monday all over. If I can get through the day without cramming a candy bar in my mouth, it will be a miracle.

Other than that, I've been doing well. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow. I've crossed my fingers that I'll be down at least another pound. I'm dreaming of 225, but I don't think I'll get there since I had such a big loss last week.

I've done that dance/cardio video twice (Friday and this morning). It was difficult the first time, but I was a bit better today. I just find it hard to keep up with her since I'm constantly trying to remember the next move. I can totally see how it gets easier after a few times, though. I think by the 5th time I do, it I'll be much, much better.

I hope everyone else is having a better Monday than me ;-)

Mini-Goal: 250 || Mini-Goal: 220 || Mini-Goal: 199 || Mini-Goal: 180 || Mini-Goal: 165 || Mini-Goal: 150
Old 01-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #104
Maintainer Wannabe

foucault, sorry about the bad day. I hope tomorrow is better and you get a great reward from your scale. I am having iPod issues, so I can sympathize with the computer thing.

bumble - good job with the running. I am sure you can do week 2 - go for it!

Today I did 11 min (1 mi) to warm up, a Group Power class, and 30 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. However, I have GAINED a tiny bit of weight and I am tempted to go eat the leftover pizza in my fridge (and whatever else I can find). So frustrating. I know I will feel even worse if I go off plan, especially since I have a family party coming up on Sunday and I know I will be off plan that day. So, I will just stay the course. Someone actually told me I look like I've lost weight; that made me feel good.

foucault - no pizza for me and no candy for you - deal?
Old 01-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #105

WardHog - Deal. :-) I haven't gotten the candy yet, and I hope you're steering clear of the pizza. I'm sure you'll shed that pesky pound soon. My weight fluctuates like crazy throughout the week, so I've learned not to think much of what the scale says on days other than Tuesday. I'll weigh myself about three or four times a week, but I shrug away the number most days since it tends to go up on Thursday/Friday for some reason. I've tried to determine if it is something I eat on Wednesday/Thursday that creates that little bit extra, or if it is some weird cycle of my body. The world may never know...

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.