Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #376  

Height: 5'7"

Hi,

I went for a walk in the neighborhood today instead of going to the gym. The reason being is that DH told me he would help me switch the closets over to spring/summer clothes by bringing in the storage tubs from the garage. I took him up on that and by the time that we got done the Y was closed so I just went for a 30 min walk. At least I moved.

Mtiger: I am so proud of you for all the exercising that you are doing and on the weekend! I remember when you wrote about not moving on the weekends. Look how you are changing and making this all a lifestyle. I know that you want the scales to go down but remember all success aren't measured in numbers. You are doing a great job!

Wardhog: You have really got back in the groove quickly after vacation. I would say that is a success to.

I'm feeling good about today. On plan with my food, my workout and also got the closets organized. Now I'm getting ready to watch Desperate Housewifes. I'll check in with you tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #377  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hey everybody! Glad to hear that everyone is working hard. It is work, isn't it? this week will be a little crazy. We have conferences 2 nights this week and Friday the kids and I are going to "Avenue Q" ( a broadwy musical).That will be fun. I can hardly wait. It will be a long week though. Conferences start at 4:00 go to 7:00 They are long tiring nights.

Keep up the good work all!! Hope to make some progress this week.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #378  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Mindy, I looked at your ticker and you have lost 23 pounds. That's progress! Keep at it and that ticker will keep going down.

Susie, that's a lot of work getting the closets organized. I bet it feels good.

I was very sore when I got up this morning. Oh well - did 45 min on the elliptical and Group Power class. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. Stepped on the scale today - 147.2. Up a few pounds, but it's to be expected. I am glad to be getting back into the routine.

I hope you guys are having a good Monday.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #379  

Hi,

I missed you guys yesterday. I had a dentist appt before work and then when I got to work, I hit the ground running and didn't stop until 8:00 p.m. last night.

I did get my 30 min cardio walk in and I went to the weight room to use the leg machines.

I also started writing in a new journal. I have found that when I write, or type here it really helps me to stay on track and if I have a time that comes up when I just want to say "what the heck" and eat for any other reason than fuel then if I write about it I can get through it.

Mindy: It sounds like you will have a busy week. Remember to stay focused.

Wardhog: Whenever I get out of my routine I always gain, so I understand how good it feels to be in a routine.

I'll check in with you all tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #380  
mtiger

Wink

Susie- Good for you getting your work out in, even though you were busy. By writing things down you are aware of what you are doing instead of mindless eating. Good for you again.

Wardhog- Sometimes we just get sore, huh? Sorry!! I know it won't stop you though. Yes I realize I have lot 23 pounds. That averages out to 1.5/week. That is good, I just want more. I know I should be happy.

Well good news is I made it over the hump today. I saw 219 on the scale. I hope and pray it continues downward. TOM said hello this morning and I typically lose some during this week.

Good day to everyone. Stay focused and good things will happen.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:32 PM   #381  
Maintainer Wannabe

I missed you too, Susie. It sounds like you are being really faithful with your workouts - good job!

woo-hoo Mindy! Time to update your ticker again!

Today I did 52 min on the elliptical and a Group Ride class. It was so hot in there that I could feel the sweat trickling down into my sock on the second song. I didn't think I was going to make it. But then an angel turned on the fans and all was well. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. Day 5.

See you tomorrow!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #382  
Maintainer Wannabe

Good morning! Today I did a Group Ride class, then a Group Power class. I had to skip the coold-down and stretch because there's a new person in the childcare room and she does not like it when you go over the 2-hour limit. Even by a couple of minutes! Grr ... Anyway, I stayed on plan yesterday and I am on track for today.

Where is everybody?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #383  
mtiger

Wink

I'm here!!! Still doing my thing. I am hoping fro good results on Friday at weigh-in. It's a busy week with little time to work out, but I am doing my best.

Wardhog- wish I had a gym to go to. I get tired of the same old things I can do at home.

See ya later.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #384  

Hi Ladies,

Today is my 1 yr work anniversary. I was so excited about it when I woke up this morning. I am working for my dream company and I like going to work every day.

To celebrate I brought in doughnuts. These are doughnuts that are made at a bakery where I live. They are worth every calorie. With that said, I planned to have this doughnut so that I wouldn't feel off track. And it worked. Usually I want more than one but not today. I'm very proud of that fact.

I found out that a friend that I haven't seen for 2 years will be coming to visit me in June. Of course, I'm in panic mode! well--sort of. I hate that they are going to see I've put on weight. There is NO way that I can be down to the weight that I was (239) when they last saw me, but you know, I don't have to weigh 281, so I have a goal to work for. I'm going to try for a 15 lb loss. I know I'll feel better about myself.

I did my FIRM class last night. This is a high rep/low weight tonning class. I sure can feel my muscles today but it feels good...like I'm an athlete. I also walked for 45 min.

Mtiger: How are the workouts coming this week? What have you been doing?

Wardhog: I have a friend who has to deal with the daycare time limit when she's working out too. It's frustrating to her. I mean give me a break. I work to and I don't get to leave my desk the minute the clock strikes 5! Those workers need to get a life! A few minutes extra isn't going to kill them and they have to realize that classes don't always start and stop excatly on time.

Ok..back to work for me.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #385  

Good morning,

I can't believe I'm the first one here this morning. I was able to resist a doughnut this morning. I am not allowing myself to have it because I didn't plan for it. If I plan for it then I can have it, if not, then I need to plan something else if I think I can't live without it. Today I can live without it.

How's everyone doing?
Old 04-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #386  
Maintainer Wannabe

Good morning!

Susie, I would have to ditch the doughnuts! I can't have them just *sitting there*. You must be a strong woman.

Today I did 32 min on the elliptical, Group Ride, then 20 min on the stair mill. I was on plan yesterday and I'm on track for today (day 7). My husband is having sinus surgery tomorrow (nothing major) so I won't be able to workout. Hopefully he won't be in much pain and won't be too whiny. The spin-a-thon is Saturday. ack!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 04-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #387  
mtiger

Wink

Hey Ladies! Okay so know I am bouncing from 219- 220. No big loss here yet. Tom. is official weigh-in day. I have conferences till 7:00 and plan on going home to do some strength training with Jillian. I have to eat some food too. It's 2:40 and I sit at 630 calories. Yikes!!

Susie- Good job with the doughnuts. Keep up the good work. I went a meeting with lunch on Tues. They had cake. It wasn't even hard to resist, I've been doing it for so long now.

Wardhog- Enjoy your day of not working out. Have fun with the spin thing.

I'll let ya all know if I made any progress tom.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #388  

Hi Ladies,

It is so pretty here today. Sunny and 74F. We had a small earthquake here this morning! (I'm in Ohio) I didn't even feel it, but they were talking about it on the news this morning. My manager said he felt it.

I am happy to report a 1.75 lb loss at my TOPS weigh-in last night!

I was writing in my journal my success for the week and I thought I would share them with you. They are, 1 only had one doughnut, I passed up chocolate that was sitting out for anyone to take, I worked out 3 days (Mon, Tues, Wed) and I was able to have a loss at the scale. Those are huge success for me.

Wardhog: I hope hubby gets along ok. I can't wait to hear about the spin thing.

Mtiger: How did the weigh-in go?
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #389  
Maintainer Wannabe

Congratulations on the loss, Susie! Way to go!

Mindy, I hope your weigh-in went well.

I was 144.8 this morning, still up a couple of pounds but that's ok. I'll get there. No workout today but I am sure to burn a couple of calories tomorrow. LOL I was on plan yesterday and today (day 8)!

My husband is ok, still having some bleeding from the nose (he had sinus surgery). It really is amazing that people have surgery in the morning and come home a couple of hours afterwards. Luckily I was able to have my parents take the kids so I can take care of him, but I am not a nurse. I have been changing bloody gauze all day and trying to make sure he takes his medicine at the right time and eats and drinks what he's supposed to. What about people who don't have someone to drive them home and take care of them? It really drives home how whacked our healthcare system is. Ok, end of completely off topic rant.

I will check in tomorrow after the long ride.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #390  
mtiger

Wink

Bright, sunny morning here in Mich. My daughter is home from college for the day and we are going to go for my famous 3 mile walk/jog. She thinks I am going to be really slow. We'll see. Well weigh-in stunk. I was 220. I've lost count of how many days my scale has said 220. But now it goes down to
219ish then back to 220. My goodness!! It is like every ounce is extremely attached to my body and it has become super difficult to get anything off.

Wardhog- Have fun taking care of your husband. If he's like most men he is probably a big baby. So you've got three kids on your hands. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Have a great time with your spin-a-thon today. Hope you can walk when you are finished.

Susie- Good job on the loss. You are doing great. Keep it up. You are being conscious of your eating and working out. You go for it.

Talk to ya all later.
Closed Thread