3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Back In Kindergarten #34

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 08:00 PM   #61
~Believe~

S/C/G: +65/-65/140

Height: 5'3

Thank You all........I am truly just fine............Was really only making a statement, honestly.

Jules -- hope the grandbaby comes soon!
Cristina -- on almost reaching your goal!
Katy -- Sorry to hear about MIL, hope she recoops soon!
Sue -- I would kill to be 170 but I know, I've been there before too, I hope that the new year brings "New Bodies" to us all!
Suzy Q -- Ooooo la la..........glad things are well with McDreamy........Have they changed Slim Fast? Because a few years back I tried it and it made me sick so I couldn't drink it..........I wish you lots of luck!!!

Hi to All out there!!

Big to everybody.

"Life is a journey, you hold the map." ~Author Unknown
Old 12-30-2007, 12:54 AM   #62
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

And I am back again Just love you ladies too much to stay away too long!

SUSAN...thank you missy! And I hear ya about just saying what the heck and just munching. Feeling so much better today that it has been one of those munching days-gotta nip that in the bud right now! Well, who knows...you never know what wil become of anything so just enjoy your time with mcdreamy missy. Whatever happens, will happen. But he sounds like a sweetie for sure.

SASSY... You just keep on keeping on missy. We love ya and are here for you.

SUE...glad you had a nice Christmas. I'm really glad that we basically had ours on Christmas Eve. It was nice so it didn't really matter if I was sick on Christmas day...Sounds like you were spoiled!

JULES...any news on the homefront/baby? I think we all are getting anxious!

MINDEE..whats up with you missy? Hope all is well with you and the family.

KATY...hoping the house is getting back to normal today.

I managed to get quite a bit done...laundry, and all the Christmas stuff put away thank goodness. I must say though the house looks a little empty. All the Christmas stuff sure makes it more homey.

Nighty, night ladies!
Old 12-30-2007, 03:10 AM   #63
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new yet again....we are broke, so we don't have any reason to go anywhere. my sister offered to babysit the kids for us on Sunday night so that we can use our gift card that we got from our friends. she said that she would babysit the kids for us since we seemed to be tense. she said that she would let us discuss it and get back to us....we thought about using it, but we are not sure. it would be nice to go out just the two of us, but we shall see.

Sassy~ I hope things start to get easier for you! we have those days a lot lately....so you are not alone!

Jules~ I hope she has him soon. I was that way with Logan, and he was eight days late!

Katy~ I hope things start to slow down for you guys. MACS stands for Make A Child Smile. I too, am on my way back down after the holidays. So, I am glad about that.

Cristina~ WTG on the weight loss! I am on my way back down after the holidays, so that is a good thing for me. My sister's ex-BIL used to drink or eat whatever we didn't want. I actually got the diet cherry coke zero, and I love it! to me it tastes like a flat cherry coke, so it is easier for me to drink it. I had I think, three of my diet cherry coke zeros on Saturday, and then I switched to water. So, I am doing good in that aspect. Brandon kept trying to give me a new diet coke every time I went into the kitchen.

Sue~ Sounds like you got spoiled at Christmas! me and Tommy didn't get each other anything. We figured that since we usually get what is needed at the time through out the year, then we don't need to over indulge during the holidays. So, when we get our taxes done, I am sure that we are going to get something. (mainly a new van)

SuzyQ~ How are you doing? I have done the slim fast before, and I loved it! I also did the Metabolife thing before we got married, and it worked as well. I have been tossing the idea around about going on that again since I had used it, and we upped our exercising as well. So, I might look into that again.

Cristina~ Nothing majorly new with us....just spending time with the kids and my sister. Me, Tommy, and my sister played a card game Saturday night. Other then that, we are trying to get Brandon to want to start potty training again, and trying to keep them from "painting" again like they did Saturday morning.

Last edited by tommysgirl18 : 12-30-2007 at 03:13 AM. Reason: I didn't realize that there was another page!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:08 AM   #64
~Believe~

Hey all........

Just got done watching "Failure to Launch" w/ Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew McConaughey, Tery Bradshaw and Kathy Bates (love her)........it was pretty funny, although I think I have already seen it, but with my "old age" I can't remember if I have or not! lol...........

Cristina -- I did laundry too........Seems like it is neverending doesn't it? lol.

Mindee -- I know too well what you mean about being broke..........hope you have fun if you decide to go out.

Well I keep getting hot and cold, I can't get comfortable.............must be old age..........lol..............

Anyway, I just wanted to share............

Anyways, take care all.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick : 12-30-2007 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Oops
Old 12-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #65
One day at a time

Hello chickies!

SASSY...I liked that movie too! I like Kathy Bates too...loved her in Dolores Claiborne (sp?) Misery, Titanic, Fried Green Tomatoes and the Waterboy...too funny! And yes, laundry IS neverending! You know though, I think that is one chore I really don't mind doing. Hopefully, it is just old age, lol-you are not old though missy. Hopefully you are not getting sick. That is what I went thru Christmas day...hot, cold, hot, cold...I actually got so cold I had bad chills. It drives you crazy though.

MINDEE...didn't even know they had diet coke zero...learn something new every day. Good luck with the potty training again. Maybe this time he will be ready.

How is everyone else doing today?

I jumped back on the bandwagon today with the exercise. I love the mantra, my new mantra...Tomorrow begins today...I think it is a great one. Never put off tomorrow what you can start today and that is what I did. I did 45 mns of exercise...kept thinking why wait until the first. Plus, I actually have missed doing it...imagine that, me missing exercise. Other than that nothing much going on.

Me, V & DD are going to the show tomorrow...gotta go find the times. Going to go see Juno...looks funny. Going to throw a roast in the crockpot with some veggies so dinner will be cooking while we are out. I might buy something to ring in the new year...not sure but was thinking about it. Shoot, I can't even stay up late so we'll see.

Chat with you ladies tomorrow, ciao for now!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #66
kitty Momo

Checking In!

Hi to Sassy. Mindee, and Cristina! This is a quickie

I hate being broke too! I have like $10 to my name until I get my check in the morning.
I was on slim fast back in 99 for 17 months. I lost the 110 pounds on slim fast. I only like the can strawberry though. I can do SF or my protein shake, strawberry sounded good to me.
I guess New Balance shoes are on sale this week! So, still planning on going tomorrow and buying some walking shoes.
Oh, down a pound! Yipeeee......

I did see McDreamy last night! He is still dreamy, lol. I went at 6pm and he made a fast pasta dinner for us. I brought Legends of the Fall and we watched that. I don't know where the time flew but I left at 2am. Wow......that was a long kiss. haha - anyway, we are going to see Sweeney Todd New Years Eve,,,,

k- waiting for Gab and I need to start on my water.

Jules!!! Any baby news???

always splash in puddles,always go out in public with tangled hair, always eat chocolate for dinner,always lay on tummy to watch cartoons,always play before chores are done,and never wear a puffy coat again. ~Inspired by Gaby
Old 12-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #67
ugggg.....

Well girls...Teri is being sent to the hospital to get checked. I guess they are concerned since she is still having a good bit of discharge since the sweeping of the membranes on Friday. She may have just lost her plug and since the contractions are really hurting yet they may send her home. She's going to call me once she knows what is going on.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:00 PM   #68
ugggg.....

She's having contractions, but nothing to worry about. She is only 3 cm apart and they sent her home.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:43 AM   #69
~Believe~

Hi All.

Christina -- Thanks. I love Kathy Bates and I've seen all those movies too. I think she was the best in Misery though. Kinda creepy how well she played that part!! lol. Well I think I got a bit of a bug or something, not sure. I woke up not feeling well and rushing to the bathroom......But now I feel ok. I went and lied down for a bit and feel a bit better. I hope it passed or whatever cuz its back to work tomorrow night!! lol. Then I'll probably get more germs! lol. That place is a Germ Factory!! lol. I don't mind washing/drying/folding laundry, I just hate the putting away part!! lol. WTG on the exercise. I am very bad at putting things off...........Guess that could be one of my resolutions!! lol. Have fun tomorrow!

Suzy Q -- I may have to try some slimfast again. It would be great for me for work. I need new shoes, I've had these pair for geez I can't even remember when I bought them!! lol. Glad you had fun with McDreamy.........DH & I want to go and see Sweeney Todd, you will have to let me know how it is!!

Jules -- Hope you have a Grandbaby soon!!!!! He is definitely taking his time, isn't he? lol.

I hope you all are well and keeping warm.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:37 AM   #70

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just hanging out around the house. we did end up taking my sister up on her offer and went out to dinner. we got done with dinner, and were going to go walk around the mall until we realized that the mall had closed an hour before we got there! so, we just came home since it had started to snow.

Sassy~ I have been wanting to see that movie! I will have to try and catch it at the movie store.

Cristina~ Yup, they have it. I was going to get it until I realized that they had the diet cherry coke zero. I figured that I would try something with extra flavor, in case I didn't like the plain diet coke zero. Let us know how Juno is. I have seen a couple of previews for it and it has looked interesting.

SuzyQ~ That is really nice about your evening with McDreamy! I love that movie!!! I love the Chocolate SF. I tried the other ones but didn't really care for them. I will try the strawberry one again.

Jules~ I am betting that little Dominick is going to be the first baby born on New Years Day!! Sounds really promising with all the contractions that she is having!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #71
RosieKate

Happy last day of 2007...got those resolutions all lined up?

Jules - been thinking about Teri - and hoping that all is going well. Nick could be a January one - now that's exciting!

Susan- have fun with McDreamy today

Cristina - I was looking at your new progress siggy and, dang, I'm impressed - you are really on a roll! I hope you are continuing to feel better.

I have a smoothie recipe that is better for you than slimfast, if anyone is interested. The initial $ layout is spendy because you have to buy brown rice protein powder (which you might be able to order from Amazon grocery), but it makes alot of shakes and the result has more shake, less calories. I think I figured it out at a 16oz shake had about 200 calories, 300 if you added banana to it. No artificial anything in it. Rather than bore with all the details, you can pm me for the recipe is anyone wants to.

Hi to Sue, Sassy and Mindee - Happy New year to you all!

I've been mulling resolutions, but mostly I just come around to doing what I'm doing right now...just make each day a good one, you know? I do think I am going to buy the book Mindless Eating, and work through it this year. I really liked the approach and the suggestions, but had to take it back to the library.
I also think I am going to resolve to not buy more yarn for awhile - I have plenty as it is, and I'd like to try to save some money this year.

So that's all for now...get me all lickered up tonight and who knows what else I'll come up with? Ha ha...our grand plans are to just watch alot of movies and drink some champagne and eat some truffles from the local sweet shop.

Have a good one, ladies!

Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #72
ugggg.....

Katy--I am begin to agree with Teri, that Nick will be born on January 4 when he is FORCED out when she is induced. I guess she will have to wait for her little tax deduction until the 2008 filing. Send me that recipie. I am not a breakfast eater and have been thinking about trying breakfast smoothies.

Mindee--Little Nicky is apparently happy where he is. I went two weeks over with Teri--she didn't want to come out either!!

Sassy--he's definitely on his own timetable.

Suzy--hope you have a hot date planned for the New Year!!

Cristina--I like your new mantra--and it is so true. The things we do today really do effect everything about tomorrow....

Sue--are you out on the bike again!!

Happy New Years Ladies!!
Old 12-31-2007, 09:25 PM   #73

Hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just waiting for Tommy and Brandon to get back from picking up some friends. Logan is watching Shrek 2 while holding onto a box of Banana Nut Crunch cereal, and Marissa is tossing her toys off the high chair tray.

Let's see.......my resolutions this year are to drink more water, work out more, and stop eating when I really don't need to be eating.

Katy~ What is the book "Mindless Eating" about? Can you send me the recipe too? I too, am also not a big breakfast eater, which I know is bad, so I have been trying to find other options.

Jules~ I think he will come before he gets forced out! But we shall see! Has she had any more contractions since the last ones?
Old 12-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #74
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...how was the movie with mcdreamy? Or was that tomorrow? Glad you guys had a nice time with dinner and a movie...I like that movie too!

KATY...I'll take that recipe also. I am going to start Turbo Jam and follow their 10 day plan, with a little tweaking of course. Just seems like a lot of food to me. She calls for a smoothie most days as a snack so...supposedly you can lose up to 10 pounds in 10 days. I'll follow their plan with the food and the exercise dvd's plus some walking as well. And THANK YOU! Hope you guys enjoy ringing in the new year.

JULES...I'm telling ya...Nicky has decided he wants to be a New Years baby, heck with that 2007 stuff...he's holding out for 2008! Hope she has him soon though.

SASSY...yeah, I think Misery was my fav of those as well and yes, she did play that part too well. Be careful missy, try not to get anymore bugs! I know that is easier said than done. Too many germs out there. Cracks me up the number of people who don't wash their hands. I say that because at the show there was quite a few ladies that just walked out. Hopefully they weren' headed to get popcorn!

MINDEE...we liked Juno, even DH did. Orginally we were going to go see Walk Hard but then saw that Juno was out and had to go see it. It was cute and I loved Juno/Ellen. Hope you guys enjoy your evening with friends.

I slept in this morning until 9'ish and then got up, ate and exercised. Was going to exercise first but V served me breakfast in bed. Did a few more things around the house before heading to the movie...that place was packed! As was the grocery store...had to stop there for a couple of things on the way home after a late lunch/early dinner. Now just getting my computer time in before heading up to read some and watch some movies. Going to try and ring in the new year but not so sure I will make it. Anywho...

Take care ladies and have a happy New Years Eve!
Old 01-01-2008, 01:23 AM   #75
~Believe~

Talking Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!!

Jules -- Any News Yet??????? Do you have a New Year's Grandson yet?? lol

Katy -- I would like the smoothy recipe if you don't mind. My only resolution this year is to be a Healthier and Happier Me. That way I don't set too strict of standards and get disappointed in myself if I don't make them.

Cristina -- These bugs are going around like wildfire at work!! I need one of those bubbles to climb into! hee hee. Its amazing how many people do not wash their hands..........and a simple thing like that could make many many people sick...........

I made a mistake and watched a movie lastnight that I felt was deragatory to fat people. Basically all it did was make fun of fat people and how ridiculous they are in certain situations. Pathetic what they do to make $$. I won't mention the name of the movie, but it has some rather well-known actors in it. I may have just taken it the wrong way, but I felt like it was totally wrong. There I'm off my now. lol!!!

Well I'm having a fun New Year........ Party Party Party.........lol. Oh Well at least I am getting paid very well for working........

I wish you all a very Safe, Healthy and Happy New Year!!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.