3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Back In Kindergarten #34

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #46
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Sorry for being MIA for so long...was busy and then came down with something. Not sure what, but still feeling ill. Christmas sucked, sort of. It was nice in that we were together, a nice quiet day at home but I was sick and slept most of the day and night, the other half was spent in the bathroom throwing up, yuck! Talked with the doc on Wednesday when I had the stitches removed and she just thinks it is a virus...a stupid virus that won't go away. Anyway, if I am still feeling bad tomorrow going to call her, can't deal with this. To top it off, another storm is headed our way with another 2-6 inches of the horrible stuff again!

KATY...we did have a white Christmas...stuff is still hanging around. And we are supposed to get more tonight. Hope you guys are enjoying your week long Christmas

MINDEE...finally checked my myspace today and saw the pictures, they are so cute! Loved your wedding ones too! Almost forgot to say...love your avatar...the banner is cute! And a great gift idea!

JULES...still no little Dominick eh? Ahh, he'll make his grand appearance soon enough. Maybe he has decided he wanted to be a New Years Baby instead of Christmas, lol.

SASSY...I know you felt bad but you know...it really is the thought that counts. And I bet your MIL was just happy to have you guys there for Christmas.

SUSAN...hope you enjoy your time at the coast...wishing I was there with you! Glad the date with Mcdreamy went well. Peanut butter cookies eh? I am sick of them by now, lol! V is eating the last of them thank goodness. WOnder if maybe I od'ed on all the sugar, lol. Probably some weird sugar virus I have

Glad everyone had a nice Christmas I am glad that we do our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve otherwise there would not have been a dinner this year. Our Christmas Eve was nice...it was nice to have Josh and his girlfriend here trying to get them over for New Years Day with the promise of Josh's favorite chicken enchiladas. He's leaving the 2nd so I gotta see hime before he goes! I must I tell ya, I must!!! Trying to keep a sense of humor with this whatever the heck it is I have...just wish it would go away already.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou : 12-27-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #47
ugggg.....

I am sorry to say there is no baby news yet....I am as anxious as everyone here. Poor Teri is starting to swell a little. She actually worked 6 pm - 10 pm Wednesday night and started getting some contractions that faded away to be nothing. We have a doctors appt Friday morning so I am hoping she will have news that she can head on over to the hospital or be induced this weekend.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #48
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

cristina~ thanks for the nice comments! I tried to post the pictures that my dad put on a disc for us but for some reason they wouldn't show up on myspace.

jules~ if she is starting to swell, hopefully the doctor will induce her. I started to swell with Brandon and they immediately set me up for an u/s to find out how big he was and then from there either called me with a date for a c-section or inducement.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:29 PM   #49
~Believe~

S/C/G: Down 47lbs!!! Yee-Haw!

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Ladies.....

Hi Ladies.........

Nothing much going on here. Just relaxing. I slept like the dead today.....lol. Guess I was really tired. lol.

To Everybody: Thanks for your support for DH, but I know he'll be just fine and he is meant for something better. Glad you all had a great holiday, except for poor Cristina -- hope you feel better! The flu is going around work like wild fire!! My MIL did love the candle, as it was her favorite and I know she enjoyed just having us there, but still felt bad. lol. Mindee -- What part of MI are you in? We're in South Western OH, about 3 hrs or so away from Ann Arbor, the city I saw closest to OH on the map. We want to take a trip up there someday. Jules -- Maybe you'll have a New Years Grand Baby! Hi Suzy Q, Katy, Michelle and anybody else out there I may have forgotten! I wish you all a Very Happy New Year and hope that all your dreams come true.

"Life is a journey, you hold the map." ~Author Unknown

Last edited by Sassy_Chick : 12-27-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #50
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Sassy...thanks, feeling better today, much better. But still a little dizzy, sick to my stomach sort of feeling. DD laughed and said "Wouldn't it be funny if you were pregnant?" Ummm, no! Just thinking it is a flu bug or virus of some sort. I know you still felt bad, but you shouldn't missy

Mindee...yw, the pictures were nice, all of them. I forgot that you had such a big family. Is your family still involved with MACS?

Hi everyone else

Nothing much going on today. Had some more of that icky white stuff. So tired of it already. I want some sun! Anyway...it's a cold one today and I am cooking a pot of chili, just sounded good. I've been eating my fare share of soup...kind of forgot how good it tasted. Anywho...have a good one ladies!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #51
ugggg.....

Before individuals--baby news from the visit today. If little Nick doesn't arrive by Friday the 4th, she will be induced. They did something called stripping the membranes today. She's 3-4 cm dialated but not effaced yet. She's hoping for this weekend. She's not feeling well so they didn't go get Lily today. We did find out she's been having contractions but she said they didn't hurt so she didn't think they were. The midwife told her all that tightening she felt were indeed contractions.

Mindee--I thought that they would sent her for an ultrasound in their office but they didn't.

Sassy-everyone keeps saying maybe she will have the first baby born in 08 but she wants him by the end of 07!!

Cristina-It's rainy here. It's too warm for snow. TY for the pic comments!!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #52
kitty Momo

Jules - I can't imagine Teri going til the 4th with the stripping of the membranes being done. I had that done with one of the girls (don't remember which one......lol) I don't think I lasted but a day after that.

hmmm, maybe I am remembering that all wrong?? I know I was stretched....ewww. ok whatever.......lol

You feeling better Cristina? I don't mind the snow falling but I don't like it staying on the ground for long. It needs to melt -lol
Good you are resting Sassy! Sorry about the job thing with your hubby, but I agree with the others, something better will come along!
Mindee - How big is your family? You have pictures up on myspace?? I will go check it out. Happy to hear you all had a nice Christmas!
Sue - Where are you??
Katy - Sweetie, put your knitting down and come chat with us! lol Dying to know if that was your husband the other day walking by JCC???

I took my tree down today. Thank goodness, I am ready to get back to normal. Whatever that means......certainly doesn't mean a tree in my living room. haha.

Weighed and I have an awesome weight gain. Oops, wrong way. So, "lets get serious time"! I get paid Monday and will go buy me some New Balance walking shoes and start using them. I really want to be 150 by my birthday in March.

The beach was nice but we were all sick. I had a terrible head cold, so we came back early. Have been taking Benadryl and that is helping, knocks me out though. I just want to sleep. Course Gab has other ideas. haha

Anyway exciting plans for the New Years??? I guess McDreamy is cooking a dinner. I think I would rather go out for dinner and a movie. Seems kind of weird we are alone in his apt. lol ......course he said his 19 year old son would be there with his gf.

k- whatever.......chow for now!

always splash in puddles,always go out in public with tangled hair, always eat chocolate for dinner,always lay on tummy to watch cartoons,always play before chores are done,and never wear a puffy coat again. ~Inspired by Gaby
Old 12-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #53
One day at a time

Just a quick HI...promise to spend more time on individuals tomorrow. V is doing things around the house and I just have a little more Christmas stuff to get put up so plenty of computer time to be had.

Hugs to you ladies!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:28 AM   #54
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just hanging out at the house. we are gearing up for New Year's Eve here at our place. the kids are gearing up for it as well.....Brandon has been enjoying time with my sister here, so has Logan and Marissa. Brandon has been following her around all over the place. He actually wore underwear on Friday and kept them dry. He spent maybe a couple of hours in a diaper and that was it.

Sassy~ Right now, we are in New Baltimore. Which is about an hour or 45 minutes from Detroit. My sister lives in Brighton, which isn't that far from Ann Arbor.

Cristina~ Yup, we have the huge family! The pictures on there that say "us and my side" are not of my full side. My parents had gotten a sitter for some of the other kids. I am pretty sure that they are all still a part of MACS. We are having chili for dinner on Saturday night.

Jules~ If she is 3-4cm now, and they striped her membranes.....she might go quickly. Has she been doing a lot of walking? I used to walk all over the place when I was trying to go into labor with Brandon.

SuzyQ~ I am the baby of my parents five biological daughters. (yes they had five girls) Then went on to adopt 13 kids after me. They adopted the kids that were deemed "societies throwaways" basically the kids that nobody would want. How are things with you and McDreamy?
Old 12-29-2007, 05:36 AM   #55
~Believe~

S/C/G: Down 47lbs!!! Yee-Haw!

Height: 5'3

Red face Ever just feel like the world doesn't like you much??? lol.

Hey all.

Have ever felt like just everything in the world keeps going wrong for you? I have been feeling that way all day/night/morning. Just different things going on. I know its probably just a coincidence, but just feels like there is almost an evil person watching me pushing a button over and over again for bad things to happen. lol.

Anywho, thanks, thanks, thanks for all the well wishes again for DH. We will be fine, no worries, we are fine and yes, I know there will be better things coming, so its okay........we're okay, really. You all are truly awesome, but just letting you know, we're okay. Thank You All

Well thanks for listening. You all are truly awesome people. You all are doing terrific and I wish you all the best in 2008!!!! I hope its all you want and more!!!!

So thank you all.

"Life is a journey, you hold the map." ~Author Unknown
Old 12-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #56
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--she is ready..she's starting to get really cranky--she can harly eat cause she's back to feeling sick with most things. I feel so bad for her. They let me go almost TWO weeks past my due date with her and it looks like she is having to do the same thing. I am finding out that "stripping the membranes" works about half the time and if it does work it's usually the night they do it but it can be within the next three days. Have fun on your New Years Eve get together with McDreamy. No plans for me and Mr Anti-social. If the baby isn't here yet Teri is coming over for lunch on New years Day.

Cristina--we didnt even put up a tree this year, but I am putting away all the other little stuff this weekend.

Mindee-she is walking and so tired of being pregnant. She's starting to get a little depressed about the waiting.

Sassy--I get like that sometimes too, usually when hubby is being an arse which has been alot lately...he has been more of a scooge this Christmas than usual, he's never really good then and then he's really bad in the winter. He just wants me to be here at the house and talk to nobody including him. He even gets jealous at the time I spend with our kids. It's hard sometimes.

Katy--hope you are ok!!
Old 12-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #57
RosieKate

Howdy!

We are slammed. DH's mother has been ill with bronchitis for a few weeks. On Christmas Day we did manage to get her over to our house, but once she arrived it was clear almost immediately that her drugs weren't working. We convinced her to let DH take her to the ER where they nebulized her, then found some pneumonia on her right lung. They kept her overnight which was a relief for us all as she was finally able to get some sleep. She has been staying with some friends and recuperating. We spent the 26th in Eugene with my brother, and in general we have been just trying to catch up around the house, see some friends, and try to enjoy the break as much as we can. It's nice to have everyone home, hanging around the house. I'll be ready for them all to go back on the 7th, though.

Susan- How did you know I've been knitting It probably was DH, he was out for a walk that day and I think he said he walked up to the library. When you first wrote that I was, like, how does she know what he looks like?..of course..I do send pictures around don't I? Silly me. Sorry you had to cut the beach short; I hope you get a chance to rest and recuperate before the big NY dinner with McDreamy. He sounds like a nice guy.

Jules - Countdown to Grandma...won't be long now! I hope she is able to get some rest to gear up for labor. Sending some prayers her way for a good delivery. Can't wait for pictures.....

Sassy- Sorry you are feeling a bit down.. 'round here we call them the Christmas Day Dumps...seems like there is always a little letdown after all the build up. I know you and you DH have great things in store. You have each other and a great outlook on life. Our new mantra should be "Life is great in '08!" If we say it often enough, it will be true.

Mindee - sounds like you are going to have a houseful! I enjoyed your Christmas pictures - what a lovely family! I know you've probably told me this already, but what does MACS stand for?

Cristina
- How did all that packing go? I'm giving it until New Year's, then we are packing it all up. I like the decorating, but I also like to put it all a way and reclaim the living room. Your chili sounds delicious..I am in the mood for soup or stew as well. I bought some roasted red pepper and tomato soup yesterday and had some for lunch - yum. I'm going to use up some of the leftover ham and add it to a bean soup mix I have...that should be pretty yummy as well. It's the right kind of weather for a nice hearty soup.

Sorry I haven't checked in. Other than worries about the MIL, we did have a lovely Christmas. My kids have enough Legos and Playmobil to keep them busy for awhile. I received lots of tea and yarn and knitting things, so I am very happy about that. I have to get the camera out and blog the loot. I am up two lbs, from all the festivities, but it was 4 , so I am on the way back down. I also am expecting TOM pretty soon, so I usually swell up a bit with that.

Have a good day everyone!

Old 12-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #58
One day at a time

Good morning, ladies!

I am very happy to say I am down 2 pounds today! Woohoo! Sorry ladies. I must say that part of it is probably because of throwing up so much on Christmas but I did good to not put anything on since so I am happy. I am a little more than a pound away from my first twenty pound goal, yay! Of course I changed it over to 10 pound goals now, figure they would be easier to achieve and not seem so overwhelming to reach. Going to WI on the New Years just because it is the beginning of a New Year and then again on my Sat WI. Starting a New year and I want to see the changes from the very first day. Anyway...

JULES...hopefully by now Teri is in the hospital ready to deliver. I feel for her. I think deep down V gets a little jealous of my online time but he never says anything. I share things with him too so...hey, how do you like the turkey bacon? I have been thinking about trying it because I love bacon. I actually haven't had any in a long time because I always eat too much of the stuff.

SASSY...I don't think I can count on both hands how many times I have felt that way so as Jules said "You are not alone." We are here for you anytime you want to talk. Just hang in there sweetie.

MINDEE...I tried coke zero and thought that was the worst tasting stuff ever, lol. I gave it to V...he's like Mikey...he'll eat or drink anything, or just about anything. Why not diet coke? I am addicted to diet coke but have really cut back a lot. Drinking a lot more water but there are times I just need my diet coke. I always get the monthly kids for MACS but I seem to forget to go back and look for the past kids. I need to make a point of doing that. And kuddos to your parents...thank God for wonderful, loving people like them.

KATY...sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she gets to feeling better soon. Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas. And yes, it is good to reclaim the house after the holidays. Although...it sort of feels empty, lol. Your soup sounds good.

SUSAN...we have no special plans. Just staying home. I will probably end up in bed early...lately I can't stay up passed 11 for some reason. New Years Day though I am cooking some chicken enchiladas, spanish rice, beans, chips and salsa, taquitos and a few other dips and Josh and his GF are coming over. He leaves the 2nd so who knows when we will see him next. Hope you and Mcdreamy have a wonderful dinner!

Well, no special plans for the day. Still being lazy until I feel 100% back to normal. V is going to be painting the front door. We got a new, solid door for the front...didn't like the one with the window. So he's painting that before he puts it on, along with a new storm door. I think the house feels naked without the storm door, lol. Anyway, my plan is to stay out of his way and finish putting Christmas stuff away, get a couple loads of laundry done and read. Still working on that one book.

I haven't gotten any exercise in for a week and that is probably another reason I am feeling bad. But I am just going to take it easy until the first when I plan to get back on track and ready for a new year, a new challenge!

Have a GREAT weekend!
Old 12-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #59
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello, Sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas. Sorry Katy to hear of your ill MIL and Cristina for your illness. Glad everyone got the "loot" they wanted. I got a 22 inch flat monitor from DH and a very nice stainless steel veggie steamer/soup pot. (I had asked for a steamer, but nothing so elaborate) Also got books, candles, a beautiful birdhouse, reed diffuser, bath and body goody, candies and nuts..a gift card. Quite a haul as I see it in print. Some years DH and I do a gift together for the house, but not this year. SO I felt spoiled.

I have been eating right at breakfast and lunch, then it seems all h**l breaks loose and I just can't stop eating. Soooo, my goal for today is to cut the sweets and just eat a few nuts when I must snack. I still have some nuts in the shells and DH bought me a can of almonds. I HAVE to be done with the fudge and cookies.
If I can accomplish this goal then by the 1st maybe I will be ready to eat right all day.

I gained back up to the dreaded 170. It is my onus in life to weigh 170 I swear. No matter if I go up or down I am usually quickly back to 170. What's with that?

Susan..hope you get feeling better quickly. Sassy..as I said elsewhere, chin up lady. Good things are coming your way! Mindee..I knew you were from a large family, but WOW. Your parents have such big hearts and I commend them and others like them. Jules...Patiently waiting here. Your DH does sound quite a bit like mine. Some days he is so grumpy and nothing anyone does is right or good enough.

Okay ladies...I am off to finish some puter stuff.

======================
Sue..........

Old 12-29-2007, 03:22 PM   #60
kitty Momo

Cristina! Wow on the 2 pounds, doesn't matter how you did it, you did it!! lol Icky way though.

Sue -Yay, nice to hear from you!! Missed you! I am back up to 172. Seems my scales like that number. I think I will go on a water flush and cleanse my system out. lol It is true - evening eating is the worst. I think we just get tired and say what the ****.....*munch*munch....

Sassy - been there too! Hang in there

Jules - Have Teri eat a box of tuna helper, that worked for me when I had Rach. haha.....poor thing, I hope she has the baby soon.

Mindee - That is wonderful about the adoptions! Yay to Brandon!!

Katy - Oh, I knew what he looked like by the pic. Also if it was him he was wearing like,,,,tights.....and I thought he was rather handsome in them. lol.....I think his jacket was a light green?? Not sure. I think I almost hit him......lol....jk. Hugs to you and hope all is well with the kids!!!

k- on the fly. McDreamy is fine. He does seem rather sweet with all his cooking and taxi driving for his daughter. He has 2 kids- 19 & 21- and they still live with him. We'll see, my life seems to much in the air to even try to have a relationship. He is nice to chat with though. I certainly don't need him cooking me food and cookies. I gained 30 with Michael, I don't need that again!!

better get! I am going to try slim fast again. It worked before and I will promise to go get some decent walking shoes on Monday and start walking.

chat later!

always splash in puddles,always go out in public with tangled hair, always eat chocolate for dinner,always lay on tummy to watch cartoons,always play before chores are done,and never wear a puffy coat again. ~Inspired by Gaby
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.