Back In Kindergarten #34

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • I went back to several Hallmark stores but they were all out of the "new parent" champagne bucket & blocks ornament. I should have bought when I first saw it. I am happy with another one that I bought though. It's a "special delivery" on that is a stork carrying a little blue bundle with the 2007 tag on it. I got Teri & Dave an "our first Christmas" together. If the baby is born on or before the 25th I will go back and get a "baby's first christmas".

I only have a little more to finish up and be done. I am so glad. I am kinda bummed that I don't have the money to spend on Christmas like I usually do.

We are taking my mom out to eat tomorrow for lunch. She'll be 75. It's so hard to believe. She volunteers and is on a bowling league and doing really great.
  • Hi all.

Just a hello to all and hope your all well.
  • hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. Tommy has a half day of work on Friday, and then we will be off and running doing some errands that need to get done before Saturday. then it will be back home to relax and to put the picture disks together for the godparents.

my mom sent us a check for the kids for Christmas to spend it on them. so we will more then likely either get the things Friday or wait until Sunday. we are going to be getting the grandparents presents done while we are out on Friday. we are doing banners with their picture on them. We did one last year for Tommy's parents that has the boys on it and it said "double trouble" on the top and bottom of it. I will take a picture of them when we get them. (I am hoping that the lady can get them done quickly for us)
  • Good Morning -

I think I can manage a hello. My anxiety is extremely high these days and my energy is a low. I was thinking of going in and getting the iron level checked. Having my employment end on the 31st is sad to me and I cry. I know it has been coming but it still upsets me. So, that is my *itch.

Hope your little chickies are feeling better Mindee

Jules - maybe I will check a Hallmark store here for you??

Cristina -- yum, Olive Garden (hey!! I AM trying to do indi's!! - lol)

Sassy - How are you?? Love the kitty avatar.

Katy - Did you read about the acidental shooting of the wife by the husband last Sunday? I guess a service is at your church. The parents of the husband are my ex's landlords. She was a very sweet lady, she always let Gab pet her dog. Very sad.

ok...........is everyone cheered up now??? lol

adios.....off I go.......
  • Yeppers Susan, you cheered me up for sure, lol! For some reason I am feeling run down, really sleepy. Sorry for all the anxiety and stress in your life right now. Lots of hugs to you missy

Jules...the ornaments sound cute! I went to get Josh and & GF one too and they were gone! Half the ornaments were gone. There were still some left but nothing that fit. Hope you and your mom enjoy your lunch date today, and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her!

Sassy...hello and good-bye Hoping all is well with you.

Mindee...what kind of banner? Just curious, for some reason I am thinking flag like banner, lol. Be careful out there this weekend...it will be crazy! I had some errands to run this morning and man the street that is about 1/4 of a mile from the mall was backed up...there was either a bad wreck or they were all going to the mall. I am thinking mall because it has been backed up anywhere near there for days!

My errand was to the doggy store to pick up Ernie dog some medicine and a little treat for Christmas, and to the recycling place. I thought I would try the pet store to see if they had something to calm him down rather than go to the vet. Found some liquid stuff...I told DD what is this, like doggy benadryl? Seems silly all the stuff they have for pets...there's a whole aisle with doggy clothes, lol. Loved the Harley Davidson biker stuff...so cute!

No exercise today yet. I am going to attempt a dvd later and do 45 mns. I don't want to over exert myself because I am afraid my back will go out. So taking it sort of easy. I am changing my WI day to Saturday too...mainly for the Biggest Loser Challenge thread that starts in January. I need a challenge, something to keep me motivated. I feel myself falling into the same old routine...lose some weight, feel great and then start gaining...not gonna happen this time. I won't allow it. With the holidays it definitely has been a challenge for me. Of course it doesn't help eating out. But I did something I haven't done before...when we went to Olive Garden...I asked for a container right off the bat and cut my food in half. Brought it home for someone else to eat. Anyone but me! I ususally just try to not eat everything and for the most part it has worked but sometimes I feel like I am wasting the food and money so will try to eat it all, then leave feeling like a big pig. So...tried something out of the norm for me. I know I will indulge for Christmas dinner, especially with the sweets but I will be getting back on track the day after so...anyway....that's about all I have.

Have a good one ladies
  • Update -- NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!!! lol
    Hi All --- Hope your all Doing well.

Adding on here -- I got BIG news here. BIG BIG NEWS. If your not sitting down, you better do it now. R U sitting? Ok, go get your drink, but HURRY IT UP! lol. K, got it? Sitting now? Comfy?? lol

I just now found out that my boss approved me off for not just Christmas, but Christmas Eve too!!! Can U freaking believe it? and he just approved it TODAY! lol. Now I talked to DH about it and we both agree that I am just going to go ahead and work my normal hours on Monday, because I will get paid double time and a half + holiday pay for working on Christmas Morning. (From Midnight - 7 am) And right now we can truly use the $$. So I'm working Christmas Eve and just taking off Christmas. I know after I have complained and B@!$ed about it, it just comes down to the $$. Plus this way I won't have to use any of my personal time. Because I get paid for Christmas Day (at night), whether I work or not. But hmmmmmm just thought of something, guess I do have to use 7 hours of time for Wed. Morning.........Its confusing I know. But with my shift, it runs into the next day, 7 hours at least. Oh well better only to have to use 7 hrs than to have to use 21 hrs. (14 hrs on Monday + 7 hrs on Tuesday would be 21) Oh well............lol. Sorry don't mean to confuse anybody here. It is confusing unless you work it every week, then you understand it. lol. I work 5 PM - 7 AM on Mondays and 6 PM - 7 AM on Tues & Wed. So there you have it.

Also DH had an interview today. He applied for a Supervisor Job and we are 90% sure he got, because the hiring manager called our boss at home asking about DH and about when our boss could let DH go. But we don't want to get our hopes up. So keep your

Ok that is all, just had to share. You can go back to drinking your Rum or whatever it is now. lol. If you don't have Rum, you might want to go get some now after reading about my hours I work. lol.

• SASSY...I am so happy for you and DH! Even though you won't take Christmas Eve off, lol. And keeping my fingers crossed for DH getting the job. Okay, now I can get back to my rum

Just dropping by to say Hi. Hoping all is well with everyone.

Supposed to snow again tomorrow...maybe get 1-5 inches of the icky stuff. Have to go to Sams in the morning to get water and a couple other things, hoping it's not too bad.

Chat tomorrow, nighty, night ladies.
  • Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Well, we got some good news on Friday! I am sure that I had posted about our bank issues. Well, Tommy had gone to the bank on Friday to deposit a check, where he talked to the gentlemen that took his claim about the card being used without his permission. The guy told him that the guy investigated the claim had told him to tell Tommy that who ever used the number, had punched it in. Tommy said “that definitely wasn’t me because I ALWAYS swipe the card, and then I ALWAYS get a receipt when I use it.” The gentlemen said “that is what I thought you had told me. But I was told to tell you the next time I saw you that that is what they have found out so far, but they are also still investigating it.” So, it is really nice to know that about our bank! Especially now when we live pay check to pay check and every penny is needed!

I really should be working on the godparents’ gifts….but alas I will get to it eventually! I know I can’t procrastinate for too long since I have to get them done before they all come over.

Susan~ They are feeling better! They are no longer blowing snot bubbles at me, so that is a step in the right direction!

I am going to make this a quick trip for right now so I can get the gifts done.

Cristina~ To answer your question, it isn't a flag banner. It is more like a team banner that you would see around a school or for a winning sports team. We took the picture to the lady on Friday, and she got swamped so Tommy is going to pick them up on Saturday while I am here with the kids pulling my hair out and trying to get everything ready! I will have to take a picture of them to show it off.
  • Just dropping by to say HI! And BYE!

Really nothing to say...went to Sams, came home, did my exercise before leaving, blah, blah, blah...stuff no one wants to hear about.

Have a Merry Christmas ladies!
  • Happy First Day of Winter!!! lol
    Hi All

The first day of winter and it is 55 here! lol. I have the window open!! lol.
    Haven't yet heard back from my boss yet about if its ok to work on Xmas Eve yet or not, I'm sure it is, but I'm not going in unless he says its okay cuz he is a bit stingy on overtime or anything like that and this won't be overtime, but it will be double time & half for me, for 7 hrs at least, so just wanna be sure. lol.

So no news here. Sorry to be so boring, but nothing. lol.

• No baby yet, Teri is actually working tonight and tomorrow!!

Lily's mom had her baby today. SHE was suppossed top be one of her two half BROTHERS born this Christmas!! Yes, they were told they were having a girl but Lily is going to have a baby brother and a baby sister. OOPPS!! Ther is no doubt in our minds that Dominick is a boy since he was very proud of his member and made sure we all saw it.

Sassy: It suppossed to be in the 50's here tomorrow and then in the 40's over Christmas--I guess no snow for us. We may leave a little early tomorrow. We are not sure yet. We will be picking up Ryan to spend Christmas Eve here. Teri & Dave & my mom will come over for lunch on Christmas Day.

Cristina--I went to the Hallmark shop at the mall closer to where I live and they had less selection left than the one near where I work. I did pick up a little one for Lily. SHe likes kittens and it's called "Mischevious Kittens"

Mindee--hope everything works out with the bankcard problem.

Susan--wow, what's with all the spousal killings. A guy stabbed his ex and stuffed her in a closet and killed a local well loved town 25 year old cop near where I work, a lady shot her ex when he came after her after she moved to near where I live both these women had restraining orders on their exes. Two very different endings. Oh and the missing college girl from Hintington WV that was on one of Michelles postings on Myspace was found dead in the crawlspace at the apartment she lived. So sad for all these families. I am right with you on the anxiety levels and I haven't been sleeping well at all.

Katy & SUe--hi to both of you.

Well, here's hoping little Nick makes his arrival SOON!!
  • hello ladies....how is every one doing?

I am trying to get through my email quickly and off to bed. I didn't end up going to bed until 8:30 Saturday morning. I was working on the picture cd's for the godparents, and then Brandon woke up. We had a great time with two sets of the godparents......the other one didn't come over because she was "sick." that is the one that I have posted about having issues with.

I am uploading a picture right now of the banner that we got done for my parents and Tommy's parents. So, I will post a picture (hopefully) of it as my avatar! It turned out really cute!!!

Marissa started to shake her head no tonight while her godparents were over. It is really cute when she does it!

I am trying to delete some pictures off the memory card for the camera that have already been downloaded. I didn't realize that we have had over 300 pictures on it since Marissa was born. I have been trying to hold onto it and then buying another one, but for now since money is tight, I will just put the pictures onto a disk at another time.

Sassy~ I hope your boss lets you work on Monday. Tommy is off, but the guys here at the complex have to work until 2pm. Which I am sure sucks, but hey, the pay is nice!

Jules~ I can't wait to hear when Dominick is born! Is Teri having any more contractions?
  • Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA, just been real busy with all the holiday hoop-la.....
    I finished the last bits of shopping yesterday, so today I'll make sure it's all wrapped up.

Other than that, not much new to report. DH and I have resolved to at least get a walk in every day for some exercise. We both are finding it hard to get all our food written down, though we are both staying OP pretty well so far.

Well, my hands are hurting from all the knitting. Good news is, all the knitted presents are done. I'm gong to need to take a break from typing and knitting today and let the hands rest, so I'll come back later for individuals.

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....we just stayed home all day today. it is really windy out so we just said screw it and stayed home.

Katy~ I am sure that you are glad that all the knitting is done! I have never knitted before but I have done cross-stitching. I find it is a great way to relieve some stress or to just take some me time. I also like to do paint by numbers, but haven't done any in a long time. How are your hands feeling now?
  • Merrry Christmas Chicks!!!!!!!!!!
    Merry Christmas Chicks!!!

Christmas