Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

TAMMY...ugh! Sorry you guys were without electric for so long! We were afraid it was going to happen here so had the fireplace going just in case. Although, there are thousands in neighboring towns who are going on two weeks without it...poor people! I feel for them. I was just talking to DH too about a generator and what they cost...didn't realize they were so much. But for about $1500 I think he said you can get one to use for a few things rather than the whole house. Hope you finally got warm and toasty!

JANE...I didn't know she had a new book out...will have to see what it is about. Although, I aready have lots of reading to catch up on.

JULES...I too LOVE your avatar and yes, you have such a pretty smile! I see where Teri gets her good looks!

MINDEE...I would definitely get a lawyer and tell the lady that. Looks like you may be in for a lawsuit by her...what a pain. I hope not though but I am not sure why she is wanting your info now, just curious why she didn't request it at the time of the accident. Just be careful missy.

MARTI...happy shopping!

HIYA SASSY...-11, YIKES! And I thought it was cold here! YAY for the raise and getting off for Christmas!

Hi TRISH...I definitely would get a second opinion. I think "we" in general know our bodies better than anyone it's hard sometimes trying to get doctors to listen to us. I hope she can find some relief soon.

MARYKATE...thinking of you and your! Lots of hugs

I just got back from the doc myself. Had to have a lesion/mole cut off...well, I didn't have to but I didn't like it and it was growing so...now I have three stitches and it is throbbing! It's on my forehead by the hairline so no problem and I wear bangs so. I would rather have a tiny scar than that thing that was growing.

Exercise is good, eating...not so good. Me, V & DD went out to dinner Monday, and are going out tonight as well. Going to meet Josh and his GF for dinner at my fav-Olive Garden. I gained almost a pound, which I was disappointed but...with the way I have been eating it's very understandable. I do plan on getting back on track tomorrow and for sure the day after Christmas. What's going to be hard there is V will be home for 2 weeks starting Friday. We tend to run around a lot which means eating out, ugh...will just have to make better choices. I ordered the Turbo Jam Maximum results package a few days ago...a Christmas present to myself and am very excited about getting that. Just received an e-mail and it was shipped yesterday yay!

Anyway...have a good day ladies!
Old 12-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #17  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick peek in before I run to town. Errands, you know. Glad everyone is okay after the snows and storms. All power back on and no injuries. We are okay here and hope to stay that way. I just have a few things to pick up from the store and then I am going to bake today and tomorrow. We have new neighbors and I want to go buy a pretty Christmas plate to fill with goodies for them.
No time for individuals...but..Mindee- Just a note. I would not worry too much about the lady. That is what you pay insurance for, they take care of claims and will even go to court for you if need be. Just stay in contact with your agent or rep. from the insurance and make sure you have a good line of communication with them. IF she calls again tell her to take it up with you ins. co. Your agent would probably tell you the same thing..that is what you pay the big bucks for. (my disclaimer is that I have nothing to do with ins. cos. but a DH who is knowledgeable and he gave this advice to our DGS. The agent agreed.)

Off I go......later chickies.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #18  
ugggg.....

Just a quick pop in--the phone is ringing...no baby yet...sick again...hubby says I am stressing myself out to much and lowering my immune system..I am having problems sleeping too...well..either I sleep way tooooo much or not enough.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #19  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Chicks.

Hi all.

Well I feel mucho better today! I got my sleep that I so desperately needed and I have my friend Caffine here today. lol.

I am getting excited, even though I am not off on Christmas Eve (so far anyways) I plan on enjoying Christmas the best I can. No since being a "Gloomy Gus or in my case a "Sad Sassy" for things beyond my control. May as well make the best out of it.

Jane -- Thanks but our raises are never that great, but I will take whatever I can get! lol. I hope you get everything accomplished. I guess that is one good thing I have going, everything is already done, gift wise. Except one small gift to DH to open on Christmas.

Cristina -- Yeah it was cold here. Today though it was in the 40's or something. I had DH get some plastic for the big drafty living room window and boy has it made a difference!! Its been warm as toast in the apt now without any heat!! Glad your got your mole/lesion cut off. Those things are nothing to mess with that is for sure.

Your not alone in the eating dept. lol. Tonight was "Pizza Night" here at work. I paid back my co-worker for buying pizza last week, which I only had 3 pieces of and probably will only have that many tonight!! lol. What is the Turbo Jam? Never heard of it. I hope you get the results you want from it!!!

Hi Sue -- Hope you got all your errands done alright. I agree w/ you about the Insurance with Mindee. When I had my accident, I got screwed in the deal. The other guy's insurance adjustor came to my house and offered me a settlement and I took it like a dummy because I was well young and stupid. So yes Mindee- let your insurance agent do the work or contact a lawyer. Better to be safe than sorry!!

Hey Jules -- Get some rest hon and take care of yourself -- pretty soon your gonna be busy being a new Grandma!

I hope you all are doing well!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-19-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:32 PM   #20  
I can dream, can't I?

Couldn't resist showing you all this funny.

Last edited by suetalks; 07-06-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:11 AM   #21  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just a quick fly by since I am hoping to get to bed early tonight.

the lady hasn't called since Monday night, thank goodness! I honestly, and maybe it is partially wishful thinking, don't think that she will take us to court, since she didn't receive a ticket out of it. She wouldn't really have any backing as far as a case.

The boys got up at 5:30 on Wednesday morning and they were blowing snot bubbles at me. So, they have caught what I have. Marissa started in with it Wednesday night, but I think hers is also attributed to her trying so hard to cut some teeth.

I managed to make some peanut butter cookies, and then within the next couple of days, I will be making some sugar and chocolate chip cookies for the kids' godparents.

I forgot to mention to Tommy about consulting a lawyer, so I will right a little note to remind myself to mention it to him. other then that, nothing else really going on.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies. This is a quick one. Terry is coming over to spend some time with me - says he wants to play Sorry. Not sure what brought that on, but I like it!

BBL,
Old 12-20-2007, 12:32 PM   #23  

Height: 5'1"

Quick hello from me!

I need to get to work early to deliver candles a co-worker ordered from my sis. She bought a lot, so I'll look like Santa!

Keeping up w/my exercises, but going a little over board in the food department. Darn the holiday treats! (not really complaining though)

I'm still needing to do LAST MINUTE SHOPPING! Can you believe that? I had a whole week during Thanksgiving to shop and here it is only a few days before Christmas and I'm not even close!

My work hours make it hard.

Gotta run.....

Last edited by Marti; 12-20-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #24  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Howdy ladies...

Just a few more days until Christmas! Woohoo!

Did my grocery shopping this morning, man too many people out for sure! Josh was going to go do his shopping today, crazy kid!

Did get part of my workout done before I left and I got to sleep in on top of it...later than usual, but late none the less, lol. Getting ready for round two in a few minutes. Today is weight day but my back is feeling like it wants to go out so I am going to have to be very careful...else we will be having KFC or pizza for Christmas dinner, lol.

SASSY...turbo jam is exercise...it's a set of dvds and I can't wait to get them. Also bought a jump rope this morning while at Wal-Mart. I had one but can't seem to find it. Glad you are feeling chipper!

MINDEE...I will be making more cookies too!. I say more because I made peanut butter ones for V a couple of days ago. Going to make some more sugar cookies, oatmeal raisin-my fav, and some more peanut butter. Supposed to be for Christmas Eve dinner but I always eat a few while I make them, lol. Glad the lady isn't bugging you guys more.

MARTI...like I said above, Josh hasn't done his shopping either! I bought groceries today and don't plan on going anywhere near a shopping center until after the first of the year!

JANE...glad you are spending time with Terry.

JULES...I think I have to agree with DH, does make sense. Hope you feel better soon! And Teri has her baby soon too!

SUE...my mom sent that to me in an e-mail once and I printed it out and put it on the fridge...everyone gets a kick out of it! Thanks for sharing it.

Anywho...better get, have some more reading and posting to do and loads of laundry! Always with the laundry

Have a good day!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just quick one Ladies to say hi and will try to say more later. Sure be glad when laptop gets here. DH so possessive right now. He wants me in the room with him all the time. This will be the first year without his kids around at Christmas time so I think he is feeling it although he would never admit to it. Kind of making him clingy. I'll be able to do be with him and be here too when I get the laptop. Hope it gets here for Christmas. It's suppose to be in transit.

Hope everyone is doing well. Catch ya later.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 12-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #26  
ugggg.....

Trish--mine is like that too, but he's not clingy he's controlling. Most days I can handle it pretty well...

Cristina--I have a sticker on my fridge that says "I really like it when people roll their eyes and ignore me, so I became a mother". The kids failed to see the humor in it when they were teenagers....

Marti--I did a little shopping tonight and I have just a few more things to get and I am done. It was crazy tonight--not happy about the idea grocery shopping or finishing up the last little bit this weekend.

Jane--hope you had a great time

Mindee--Maybe the lady will leave you alone. Sorry the kids are sick--it's no fun!!

Sue--too funny

Sassy--I am excited about little Dominicks arrival!!

I went back to several Hallmark stores but they were all out of the "new parent" champagne bucket & blocks ornament. I should have bought when I first saw it. I am happy with another one that I bought though. It's a "special delivery" on that is a stork carrying a little blue bundle with the 2007 tag on it. I got Teri & Dave an "our first Christmas" together. If the baby is born on or before the 25th I will go back and get a "baby's first christmas".

We are taking my mom out to eat tomorrow for lunch. She'll be 75. It's so hard to believe. She volunteers and is on a bowling league and doing really great.

Last edited by jules1216; 12-20-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #27  
I can dream, can't I?

Another quick peek in..where does the time go? I baked 3 different types of cookies today and will make fudge tomorrow. Took a nice plate full to our new neighbors.
I made my first quiche tonight, awesome. Or I should say mini quiches, but now that I know how to make them I am going to experiment with sizes and ingredients. These were muffin sized (not the mini) and very easy. I had always thought the crust would be hard, but it wasn't. Trouble is they are NOT for the calorie conscience. That is the next thing I am going to work on...lightening it up. Probably won't have them again unless I need a nice brunch dish. We just wanted something new. I feel like I cooked all day.
Mom goes to the Dr. tomorrow for results of last weeks tests. She has been sick all week.
Okay...off I go. Hope you all have a good evening and a good day tomorrow. I shall return.....
Old 12-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #28  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Woo-Hoo, I'm officially off for Christmas!!

Yes, I'm off till the 26th. Busy day running tomorrow. Going to the Amish Market to buy sugar cookies. I don't make them anymore after I tasted their's. Not worth the trouble. But I do, and will finish up on Saturday, peanut butter, oatmeal, choc chip, double choc gooey butter, thumbprint cookies and mexican wedding cakes. I destroyed my kitchen last Sunday making all the cookie batters, baked some on Monday after I got my power back on and just need to finish up the rest. I'll pick up a cheese ball, some fresh sausage, fruit & veggies at the Amish Market. Then I need to put a wreath on my Dad's drawer. (He's not in his final resting place and the cemetary still has him hanging out in that dang mausoleum drawer that I have to climb on a ladder to reach him) We still call it the drawer, sounds like he's in the morgue!! Gotta find some humor in it!! Anyhoo...speaking of morbid things...after all our running tomorrow, we have to go to a viewing of a friend's mom who died on Wednesday. I'm all finished shopping and wrapping and after the baking, I need to get my nails done, do a little grocery shopping and then just wait till the big day arrives. My cleaning gal comes tomorrow so I'll come home to a clean house

Oh, as for the generator thingy...if I ever venture out to get one, I would only buy the whole house one. It would come on instantly if the power went out and is much safer than a gasoline powered one. Only problem is they are very expensive. But I figure it would be a nice plus on a re-sale when the time comes. Just need to win that Lottery!!

Only 5 days till Christmas!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #29  
I can dream, can't I?

Tammy- My DH is trying to justify the cost of one of those generators. SO far in our new home our power has not been off for more than a few minutes. If it ever goes off for a longer period of time I know he will be first in line to buy a generator. LOL We also were thinking about the re-sell value. But man the cost!!! One house in the 11 house neighborhood has one. So I doubt if the power has gone out much here.
Sounds like you have lots to keep you busy tomorrow...be safe and have fun.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:05 PM   #30  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi all.

Just a hello to all and hope your all well.
Closed Thread