Working Women - Work It Off

• GOOD MORNING,

I wanted to start a thread for us working women. We face unique challenges with time and energy.

Some of us work 40 plus hours, including travel, 50 hours, include the time you get ready in the morning, and the hour we have to take for lunch, forget about it, now we are looking at 60 hours.

We need to work-out, eat right, and get fit.

How are we going to do this?

Welcome to everyone that wants to join, no matter what your diet or workout plan, I want to hear from you. We can talk about our plans, our progress, our challenges, oh yeah-and life too!

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK AT WORK, WITH YOUR EATING, AND YOUR WORKOUTS!

WELCOME!
  • Hi Vixjean!
    This is a great idea for a thread! I am one of those you describe; it adds up to about 60 hours for me. Work is the biggest part of my life. A sedentary desk job.
    But, I don't have kids/spouse/other family depending on me for anything, so that makes it easier. I really don't know how some people manage to fit it all in. I'm too lazy to try to "have it all!"
    I'm interested in hearing from others, and how they try to fit it all in. I'd especially be interested in any gym tips - how to cram a workout in to less than an hour. My gym is close to my work, and I'm flexible in my lunch hour time so I can go at a less popular time than 12-1, but when you count time to get there and change and get back, it's kind of tough to take less than an hour and a half for it all.
    Looking forward to the progress of this thread and getting to know more people here!
    jo
  • Hi Jo,
    I know I forgot to add in all the women doing what we do, but with kids too. They are super-women! How can we do it?

Right now I am trying to squeeze in my workouts in the morning, the goal is 3 a week. I couldn't imagine going durring my lunch hour to the gym. I would guess 30 minutes would be the logest you could really go. And then back to the office all sweaty! So much fun!

How about all the FOOD around the office, it is really a killer. I am eating bare minimum of 'displayed food'---LOL---and it really adds up quick. It is just so hard knowing it is sitting out, sometimes I will walk past, just to eat some, and sometimes I will avoid it too.
  • Hi All,
    I had another long day today. I left the house at 8 and got home @ 7, still haven't eaten dinner yet, and I am STARVING!
    I hope some people join with me here, unless your, i don't know, working?!?
  • Im down with you ladies. I work 40+ hours a week as a receptionist. Boy, Sitting on my rump all day is killing me!