Silver Cows,silver Cows,it's Turkey Time In The Cityyyyyyyyy

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: And I'm not one of those people who crosses people off my Christmas card list just because they don't send me one. Oh, no. Once you're on my list, you're there until you move and fail to give me a forwarding address.
    You're sweet! And it's a good thing, for people like me, who send cards one year and not the next. These days the guilt only lasts for a few moments... I know I'll probably send them out next year! Anyway, lovely picture!

I am thrilled at the idea of Bagz' and the Danish delight's families giving each other virtual tours of their houses!!! This is so awesome and so much the very best reason for technology! Ah, gives me a warm feeling just to contemplate it. And I will be keeping that in mind for when DD goes overseas. That might be the final straw that makes us get high speed internet if we can find a way to do it without selling the farm so to speak.

I'm also totally jealous of Sugar's handmade comic book! Brilliant--I want one!

Great to see you here, Wabbit, sounds like your Christmas was quite warm and lovely and fun. Nothing like kids to take you out of your own worries and into the whirlwind of activity!

Where oh Where is Peachiepoo? Are you all right down there? we miss you! How is DS?

We have been watching old home movies that people brought for DH to make copies of and so on, and we have finally, after 21 years, unearthed the Super8 film of our wedding. For years I suspected my ex-SIL of holding out on us because we have photos of her walking into church holding a movie camera, and she never showed us the video. I had asked a few times if she had any footage and she either said no or she couldn't remember or it didn't come out. DH asked her about it recently and now suddenly it shows up. It isn't the greatest video and there's no sound (ancient times, y'know), but there is some footage from the wedding and quite a bit from the reception! DD and bf sat and watched it with us. DD likes the hat I wore -- I didn't want to wear a veil, so I made my own lace-trimmed hat. I guess I still have it in a box somewhere.

Tata
    Kiwi

• Quote: but there is some footage from the wedding and quite a bit from the reception! DD and bf sat and watched it with us. DD likes the hat I wore -- I didn't want to wear a veil, so I made my own lace-trimmed hat. I guess I still have it in a box somewhere.
    Awww! You were surely THE purdiest bride that there ever was! Cool hat. We want to see the whole movie!!!! Like I'd have a clue how to copy Super 8 onto a DVD. Thinking about it makes my brain all mushy.

I didn't send cards to anyone except old people who have no internet. But I still love you all! Smooooooch! Maybe next year.

The comic is called Super Karrot.
  • Oh, you're too kind. Really. I would not be surprised if DH got it transferred to DVD at some point. He had a machine that did that, but it was borrowed and we don't have it anymore.

Go Super Karrot!

We got ~ 2 inches of snow on top of our ice. It's so not fun.

My heels are so dry they feel disembodied.

I have nothing much to talk about. My daughter is applying to spend the summer in Oman. Wouldn't Iceland be more comfortable?

Kiwi
  • Hey! I'm talking to myself! We got several inches more snow today. I think it turned to rain for a bit, but so far the snow is staying. DH is planning to finally get a new plow; he hasn't had one since he bought his father's truck last summer and sold off our ancient one. I about choked when he told me how much a used plow was going to cost. Sheesh.

Anybody formulating any New Year's Resolutions? Not me. I won't need any anyway, because I have an appointment with a dietitian scheduled for this Wednesday and she will be informing me of exactly what to do for the rest of my life. I won't ever have to think again.

Hope you are all having scads of family fun. Or naughty fun, come to think of it.

Kiwi
  • fun???? all we have around here are BLIZZARDS!!!--and now ANOTHER WINTER STORM WATCH FOR TOMORROW??? WHAT THE ****????-----this place is a zoo as usual----lots of comings and goings---that's the trouble====either too much or too little is going on---a happy medium would be so welcome----sooooo ---kiwonk is going to the diet lady====you simply must report back and put us all on diets!!! immediately!!
  • and where the blazes is peachers??? it's our tenth anniversary of PERFECT '98!!!
  • HEY!

WAKE
    UP!

What are ya, sleepin' through the New Year???
    It's 2008 Cowsies, Where are You???

So like happy new year everybody. Isn't it great that we are finally perfect in 2008? Only took 10 years, but the transformation is complete. I am a Perfect Twit, what are you?

• Did everyone eat black eyes peas today? Mind are delicious and I have turnip greens and corn break. I have the day off but DS just went to work. He leaves on Sunday. I am so sad about that.

Perfect 1998 was the first ? Hooray. We must be really perfect by now.

I am a Perfect Confusion.
  • HAPPY MOO YEAR!!! We're on our way to becoming THE most udderly perfect cows. (Did I mention that I gained 3 pounds?? Boo!! Hiss!! Bad, bad Sugar!)

Peachy! We had fondue instead of black eyes peas. In fact I don't think I've ever eaten black eyed peas before. I have a jar of them in my cupboard but they look kind of scary. I think dh bough them somewhere.

I just looked out the window and it's SNOWING! Hallelujah!

Cherry - thank you so much for the sweeeet card! Y'all are adorable. What a doll your little guy is.

And thank you Painty! Loved the card.
  • Ooops. I should have told you all I started a new thread. See you all there in 2008.