Old 12-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! December 2007!!

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #2  
I AM healthy!

Hey LaDIES! Where is everyone? Oh well I have been great with walking the last few days, 4 days of 80 minutes but my food has been bad.

How is everyone else doing?
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies, well the wedding is over and we are back to the normal way of life again. It turned out to be a beautiful wedding, with everyone looking great, food and drinks great, reception went as planned, only little thing that was wrong, was it was freezing out. They had about 68 people total, just a nice size. The bride was beautiful (yes, I am predjudice) and everyone just had a good time. One little error, when her Dad dedicated a special song to the bride, the DJ was outside and it took a while to find him. They also had to leave Sat. night and stay overnight at the airport motel, due to a bad storm we were to get starting in the middle of the night. Anyhow we took them down and they left the next morning at 11:38am to Cancun Mexico for two weeks. They will need the rest, it was very busy the last 2 weeks, as is to be expected.

I have gained 3 lbs, being very lazy, went out to see Dad yesterday, but other than that, have not had the get up and go to get exercising or moving around much, was tired after the wedding, but not tired enough for it to take this long to get over it. My knee has been really acting up and very painful, but I could be doing floor exercises and arm ones. Just have to get my get up and go back. Food has not been great, but not too bad, eating sometimes out of boredom though, which is a no no. Water has been pretty good though.

Hope some of you will come back too, I know it is a really busy month for everyone, but would like to know how the rest of the girls are doing.

Thanks for keeping it going Jasmine.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Sorry ladies, ive been on hiatus with my weight loss efforts so I haven't really been responding at all. I recently found out that my gallbladder needs to be taken out and so I'm on a diet of no fat at all. It sucks and it won't be taken out until january so I'm just trying to be very cautious of what I eat. Its nuts the doctor found 4 stones in there with an x-ray without any dye....you shouldnt be able to see any stones without the dye. So they know its bad, I just put up with the pain b/c I thought it was heartburn...go figure. Anyways, I hope all is well with everyone else, I will keep checking in and rooting others on
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Hi girls.. I dont often get to check in here anymore. But I do think of you often.. I've been really horrible with eating and excersize for quite a while now. Lazy, stressed and I just have a lot on my plate right now. I'm simply not real focussed.

Hugs.
Love,
Me.
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:34 PM   #6  

Hi ladies, nice to hear from you SD Gal, miss you! I also have not been good at being on here or checking in.

My eating has not been too bad, but terrible with exercise. Water okay.

Got the tree up and decorated, have the other decorations on display in the living room, early actually for me. Have some of our outside stuff up, but not all, dh is suppose to get it all connected up tomorrow.

Becky sorry to hear about the gall bladder, it is a pain and can get very bad, I know as I had to have mine taken out as well. Got very sick just before it was removed (was on vacation and was the food I was eating).
Hope you do okay on the no fat diet. Amazing about the stones, and it isn't a big pouch either.

SD Gal hope things get better for you soon, remember you can pm me.

Jasmine where are you, probably busy shopping for the five kids. WOW glad it's you not me. So far I have one small gift for my son. But it will be a small Xmas this year after just having the wedding and also son is looking into buying a house with his darling girlfriend. YUM!!!!

Talk at you later ladies, take care, have a good safe tomorrow.
Sharon S.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

Canuk so glad to hear the wedding went well! Now you can get back on track! *hug* I missed all you ladies.

Rhighlan I am sorry to hear about the bladder. I will pray for you! *hug*

SDgal good to see ya!!!

Yeah I need to get back on track too. I have been eating pretty bad lately and am on a down ward spiral. I think I even gained and wonder how much is water weight and how much isn't. Oh well. Back to the drawing board. lol
Old 12-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #8  

Well it is me again, thanks Jasmine, it is true about getting back on the wagon, but am down to 198.6 yesterday and today to my surprise, I was up to 202 before the wedding, so pleased about that. Trying to eat healthy, doing okay, could be better, but pleased to be where I am. Just wish I had some energy to go with the loss.

My son revealed he is getting engaged to the girl he has been with for the last 1-1/2 yrs. Like you all know, not my choice for him, too serious and not much fun, very judgemental. But that is my opinion, (which obviously does not count for much, he was not impressed when I stated it, he thought I was over all that, not when it comes to his life and happiness).
Merry Xmas to me! Oh well you can bring them up, but at 29 they are old enough to make there own decisions. Whether we approve or not!

Maybe I gave him something to think about, lets hope so!

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well, it is a hard time of year for us all. Already we have Xmas dinner, and another one planned. It is hard to stick to diet food with company coming and expecting certain foods.

Take care all.
Sharon S.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Well things are going decently over here, I'm staying in a calorie range that is suitable, but my eating habits are terrible. I've been staying up all night studying because I have 3 important finals this week. I'm doing it with way too much caffeine unfortunately. I've not really been following doctors orders foodwise, I'm supposed to be eating frequent small meals throughout the day, but instead ive been eating about twice and then the rest is caffeine and whatever. I just don't have time to worry about eating habits when I'm worrying about school. Thankfully, after this week I can get back into a normal schedule and I have a month off of school to exercise and eat well. I really want to lose weight. I am hoping to go and visit and old friend this next semester, I want to be kick butt looking when I start a new job, and I want to be sexy again for the boyfriend. It's driving me nuts because my weight isn't really budging. Hopefully not eating too much fat will help me start the weight loss process. I just get so confused when it comes to ranges and not seeing the weight budging. It's going to be easy for me to get through the holidays since I can't eat any of the good stuff though

Well hope everything is going great for everyone else. I promise to start getting back here more often, especially once finals are overwith. For now its time to stop being distracted by anything and everything and get back to work! First final is in 7 and 1/2 hours yay
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #10  
I AM healthy!

Hey ladies. Well all you can do is your best. I am struggling right now too. Too many birthdays and holidays this month! Arrgghhhh...I need to go on a walk this morning and it is 28 degrees!!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #11  
I AM healthy!

Canuk, pray that God will open your sons eyes and that if she is not the wife God wants for him that he will see it in time. *hugz*
Old 12-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

hey ladies! i've been MIA for ages here... haven't had internet access besides between classes when i was on campus.

sharon, i'm glad to hear the wedding went well! i remember you being stressed about it a few months ago.

rhighlan, bummer about your gall bladder. =(
also, i ate like crazy and didn't work out much because of finals this week, either. and this time of the year my sustenance was mostly christmas cookies!

jasmine, i hear you on the walking, i took my parents dog out this weekend and BRRRRR!!! i may have to stick to a treadmill at the gym until spring!

i'm trying to get things back together; i've been pretty stressed about a number of things, including some that are out of my control. actually for a week i hardly ate because my anxiety got so bad... that was nice in terms of weightloss but really unhealthy, and i just started pigging out afterwards anyway.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

i hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season, and i hope to see you back here soon! =)

Last edited by iriswhispers; 12-23-2007 at 11:14 AM.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:03 PM   #14  

Hi to all! Thanks Jasmine, re: my son, he went ahead and got engaged on Dec. 18th, so I am just playing along as if I am pleased as punch, really wanting to throw a punch. But if this is his choice, the best we can do is go along with it.

My daughter just announced she is pregnant, it must of happened between the 15th of last month and now as she had her friend last month on the 15th. She has gone for a blood test, but does not get that info till Thurs. or Fri. this week. But has done two of the stick tests and both were positive, I am glad for them, he is older, so the sooner they have kids the better, because they do want them. She is walking around a little dazed, as they are only back from the honeymoon a week today.

Well we are trying to get things going for the Xmas dinner, dh wants to do some cleaning tonight, I am tired, so I think we will just take my computer from the dining room and put a few things away, they get going tomorrow.
Think I will do potatoes tomorrow and just re-heat Tues. have to make my lemon meringue (sp) pies, 5 cup salad, cheese dishes and pickle dishes, as well as some cleaning, will see how it all pans out, wish me luck.

Iris you take it easy, try not to stress to much. Thanks for the wedding wishes, yes I was stressed, now if I can just get Xmas over with and have a breather. Trying to keep the two kids from spilling the beans about each other, to my family as I think my son and fiance' deserve the spotlight first as there news came first and daughter was engaged last Xmas and held the spotlight. Oh well they will have to work it out between them.

My food in take has increased, water slowed down and exercise is nil. So I am bracing for the weight increase. Hope yu other girls will do better.

Since I have to take the computer off line tonight,wish everyone a happy, holy and safe Xmas and New year, May love be in your heart and soul this holiday season and everything fall into place.
Sharon S.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #15  

Hi ladies, I'm back! Happy New Year to all, I hope all your hopes and dreams will come true.

Have not been to bad eating, only each day a little choc. and licorice the last two, drank my water today as well, but no exercise. Got to get on track with water aerobics again, that I found good. Anyhow good luck to you all in the New Year.
Sharon S.