Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #31  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Chicks......

Hi Ladies.

Well we got snow but DH said it has melted already and the roads were fine when going to work tonight.

My mom got her results from her Doppler Study done -- she is normal!!!

Also my DH said our boss was still there when he came into work tonight and said he is looking for coverage for Christmas so I can be off. Well I better be getting off since I put my request in back in Sept. but of course nobody wants to work my shift plus the fact that I have worked every single holiday this year so far!!!

Anyways.........I am hungry so I'm going to go eat and I'll be back later to NOT gripe and complain about my job, I promise!!! lmaoooooooooo.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:16 PM   #32  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I also have so many memories of Christmas as a child. My Mom was a single Mom raising us with no support. To this day I don't know how she put on the nice Christmases that she did. I know I always got at least one of the best things I had asked for. Usually more. I remember one year we traveled out of state with a friend to visit her family for the holidays. I was at the age of almost not believing in Santa. SO, I checked out the luggage and looked for gifts. Never found any, but we had many things under the tree Christmas morning. Made me a believer for awhile longer.
One year I got a huge teddy bear and a baby doll that wore clothes of a one year old. Jane, it had a cloth body and was so neat. Had much fun getting used clothes from family members and garage sales. Best dressed baby in town. LOL.
Oh, I could go on and on...and hey, don't get me started about the great years with my own kids. So much fun.

Christmas shopping tomorrow if the roads don't get too icy. Target is calling my name....ha. Then Old Navy and Kohl's. Doing a few things by phone and have those all ready to go too. I should get it all done in a day...with luck.

Hope your week-end is fun whatever you do.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #33  
~Believe~

Talking Hi Sue and All J.L.'s!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetalks View Post
I also have so many memories of Christmas as a child. My Mom was a single Mom raising us with no support. To this day I don't know how she put on the nice Christmases that she did. I know I always got at least one of the best things I had asked for. Usually more. I remember one year we traveled out of state with a friend to visit her family for the holidays. I was at the age of almost not believing in Santa. SO, I checked out the luggage and looked for gifts. Never found any, but we had many things under the tree Christmas morning. Made me a believer for awhile longer.
One year I got a huge teddy bear and a baby doll that wore clothes of a one year old. Jane, it had a cloth body and was so neat. Had much fun getting used clothes from family members and garage sales. Best dressed baby in town. LOL.
Oh, I could go on and on...and hey, don't get me started about the great years with my own kids. So much fun.

Christmas shopping tomorrow if the roads don't get too icy. Target is calling my name....ha. Then Old Navy and Kohl's. Doing a few things by phone and have those all ready to go too. I should get it all done in a day...with luck.

Hope your week-end is fun whatever you do.

Hi Sue........I was the same. My mom was a single mom and she always somehow made our christmas's very special.....Like your mom, she always somehow always managed to get me one of the major things I wanted.....But the best Christmas I can remember is when we lived in a one-bedroom apt, shared a room, and we had Christmas Dinner at our apt. It was very very cozy, but everybody had such a good time and the food was wonderful.....

I think it was those kind of Christmas's that were so special to me, the ones we were all together. Presents and Gifts are just things, its the people who make the holidays so special.........

Thank You, Sue, Jane and everybody, for sharing your memories with us and for reminding me of my special memories......

Big Big

Hey Girls...........I have actually GOOD news about my job. I know amazing I know! Good and my job in the same sentence???? lol. My DH talked to my Job Angel, that is what I am calling him because he has been my Angel during my rocky road. lol. Mmmmm Rocky Road.......... Okay back to my news...Anyways, my Job Angel has convinced my boss that we need another Agent to be a "Tweener" You know the shift "between" Days and Nights. lol. This person will work until 10 p.m. at night to help us night people out! I am SOOOO happy! That just means so much to me, that someone actually is paying attention and listening to us and someone who actually CARES!!! I even started crying thinking about that. Someone who actually cares........Just touched my heart..........I have to get this Angel something very special for the Holidays. I thought about buying him a candy bar or maybe some of those "mini" ones and putting it all together and adding a note, "Thanks for being so Sweet". Do you think that is corny? I've known this guy since my 1st day, he is even one of the people who trained me and we've always had a good work relationship and he isn't like you know stuck-up or whatever. Nothing like my boss. lmaoooooo. He is very caring, sweet, funny, and just a nice guy and he really should be our boss instead of our boss now. lmao...........Anyways, do you think my idea is stupid or inappropriate?? I know being "Jaded Ladies" you will be honest with me.

DH says I should just tell him how I feel, but I'm afraid I'll start bawling. lmaoooo. Just cuz it means so much to me. So I figured a little gift and a note would say it all without me having to say it and get all weepy. lmao.

Anyways. With my new "Job Angel" I am going to stick around, to at least see what changes come. We move to a new area after the 1st of the yr and that is when all the changes are coming down and I really don't want to start a new job until after the holidays anyways...........

Okay ya'all. I saw Paula Deen on Tv and she was making something out of leftovers, she had some pot roast and made a shepards pie. My DH's bday is on Tuesday. I will be working, but I want to make him something this weekend. I asked him and he said that sounds good and he will pick up the meat for me. I've never made pot roast before. So was just wondering how you all do yours? My mom made it, she always would sear it, then put it in the slow-cooker along with potatoes and veggies and let it slow cook. Is that all I do? Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Have a Great Day when you all get up! lol.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-08-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:50 AM   #34  
a work in progress

Hi ladies...it's very late and I'm sooooooo tired, but wanted to pop in and say "hi" anyway I made fudge tonight to send to Erik, and will make some cookies and other things tomorrow, try to get them mailed. Post office is open until 5 pm tomorrow. I didn't use my regular recipe, and the fudge turned out a little grainy, but still tastes good. I know Erik won't care, he will just be glad I sent homemade goodies. I'm actually glad, because if it came out as good as regular recipe normally does, I would want to eat way more of it than I should,

Tomorrow is the Christmas party for kids at my work, so we will take Tallie (her grandpa thinks we should spell her name "Tali"...I kind of like that, too). They will have Santa pics and craft tables and cookies and punch and a bounce house. There are 4 beautiful Christmas trees in our lobby. I think she will have fun.

We watched "Elf" tonight, but got the movie started late, so I'm exhausted. G'nite, ladies, and I'll come back to do individuals hopefully tomorrow, if I can get away from the oven for a few minutes
Old 12-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #35  
ugggg.....

Boy, you guys have been busy posting!! I am still sick, I actually don't have a voice today....well it's really squesky and my head is still killing me. I go through bouts of the sneezes and I am achy.

Thursday, I went with hubby to have two of his wisdom teeth removed. He's now not feeling good and I think he is starting to get the first symptoms of my cold. I am hoping that the antibiotics for his teeth keep it away.

I went with Teri to her appointment, still waiting....she is doing REALLY good though. She is absolutely glowing.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #36  
GmaTo8

Happy Saturday, ladies!

Mindee - did you have fun on your date last night? Was it strange being out w/o the kids? That's a really neat story, about your tree Christmas appearing magically!

Tammy - Easy Bake ovens - so cool! I was too old for them when they came out, but would still play with my niece's. Your sprinkle story was too funny. Sounds like my tree icicles - I find them in random places in July! I clicked on the link, and have to say, that place looks like where I was last Saturday! Except there were tables set up, too, in front of the stage. Have a blast, Tammy.

Trish - oh my gosh, I forgot about my skates. I just know you wore your key on a string around your neck, didn't you? We used to go over to the church parking lot, because it was blacktopped real smooth, and skate for hours. Love your story about Santa coming early! What a lucky little girl you were.

Sassy - yay for the 'tweener! And yes, I think a gift for your angel would be very nice. You can write in the card just how special he is, so you won't get choked up. Please don't ever worry about venting here. That's what we're here for, and we care about you. Also, a big YAY for your mom's test results being normal. About the roast, that's exactly how I cook mine! As you said, be sure and sear it first, to help seal in the juices. The carrots cook better if they're placed in as the first layer in the crock pot. Sounds soooo good!!

Sue - aww, I loved your Christmas memories. I don't know how in the world my folks did it, either, with 7 kids to buy for! About the doll clothes, my 2nd oldest sister had a baby in June that year, so I got to have all the tiny girl clothes from her. So fun!

Katie - You're a good mom, sending Erik the fudge. Talli/Tali is such a cute name, either way you spell it. How is it written on her birth certificate? The bouce house sounds like a lot of fun. They had one at the school's family fun night, and Mary's 3 did it over and over, lol. If I were smaller, I'd've climbed in there with them, lol. Anyway, have a good time today.

I'm down 1/2 pound for this week. It is my own fault that it isn't more. Sometimes I can be a little piggy! All in all, though, I'm glad of my progress since September.

Got run some errands, and do more cleaning.

Have a good one, ladies!

Last edited by Jane; 12-08-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #37  
~Believe~

Talking Hi Chicks!!!

Hi Girls.

I have been having an issue with my internet. Not sure if its my profile on Firefox or what so I'm on hubby's side, he wants me to try it and see if I get the same error I've been getting on his side..............

Jane -- TY. Yeah I know that I can vent here, but just don't want to do it too much.......I know that gets old. lol. I am so thankful for my "Job Angel" he has done so much and he's only been on days now for a month now? Imagine what he could do in the long run?!! Thanks for the suggestion on the note. I just want to make sure he knows that he's making a difference. I know sometimes we do things and we wonder, "is this making any difference??" and I just want him to know that it is. Especially because I know he isn't probably getting paid any more for doing it either. I'm glad I'm on the right track with the Pot Roast. I've seen my mom make it about 100 or more times, so I think it should be fine.........Its making me hungry thinking about it!!! Maybe I will make her homemade rolls to go along with it.

Cristina -- Thanks. I am not planning on spending a whole lot. lol. I am thankful, but um, we are very limited in fundage right now. lol. So I'm going to be "creative" lol. I just wish I knew what his favorite candy bar was!! Guess I can just go with the classic milk chocolate candy bar, right? I've never seen him eat Candy, but I've never seen him turn it down either. lol. But I do like your M & M idea maybe for my hubby for v-day or something. Like I said, fundage is limited right now. lol. Sounds like I'm on the right track to my roast. DH has to get the roast first, I'll probably make it tomorrow night. Tonight I'm doing an experiment. Attempting to make macaroni 1/2 like my mom makes it and 1/2 like DH's mom makes it. and probably make hamburgers with it for DH. So we'll see how it turns out!!! lol.

Jules -- I hope you feel better hunni!!

Well ya'all, all this talk about food, I am hungry, so I'm off to go eat! I hope you all have a Great Evening & Night!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-08-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #38  
I can dream, can't I?

Evening JL's. Hope you are all enjoying the week-end with no bad weather to slow you down. DH and I did go shopping for a short while today. I had planned to go alone, so didn't get as much done as I needed to. Got the big items I desired at Target and some groceries at Meijer. I guess next week I am going to have to tell him to stay home so I can buzz through what is left to do. He just got bored with being inside during the snow and wanted to get out. LOL
At home I just did 2 loads of laundry and filled the birdfeeders. Nothing major. Brrr, it sure was cold out there. We didn't get the freezing rain yet that is supposed to be coming our way. Expected it earlier in the afternoon and was one reason we wanted to get some more groceries. Hate to be stuck at home with no milk or bread.

Sassy- The candy bar idea is a good one. I am glad you have someone at work who cares...Always helps! I was glad to hear that your Mom is okay and bummed to know she couldn't come visit this week-end. Hopefully soon.

Cristina- Wow lady, watch out on those stairs. We don't need a JL down with anything broken. Sorry the concert wasn't all that you expected, but glad for the time you got to spend with V. Way to go on all the exercise.

Jane- Good job on the loss...I would take it. And you could take this SNOW. Actually the first day it was so beautiful, the second day we had ice on the trees and it looked magical. Now, it is getting slushy and dirty and I am tired of it. Supposed to get freezing rain tonight and tomorrow. (expected it mid-day)

Jules- Get better soon...you need to be healthy to hold Dominick soon.

Katie- Ummm, fudge. Love it. My Mom makes the best. I was thinking of that earlier and hoping she would feel like making it next week. She also makes a yummy peanut butter candy that I will need for her to show me how to do. Love the name Tallie or Tali. Is it short for something? I just figured if it is a nick-name you could spell it however you wanted. Thought it might be short for Natalie.

Tammy- Easy Bake oven..more in the age of my girls. Actually, I think my granddaughter had one and my grandson had one that cooked some kind of plastic creepy things. ha.. Your trip sounded like so much fun. I would love to go to NYC, but my DH would never pick that for a trip. I am working on getting him to the New England states..preferably the coast.

Trish- I loved to roller skate, but I don't remember the skate keys. I hope you get your laptop soon. I use DH's sometimes, but really prefer the desktop.

Mindee- Hope you had a nice night out. *fingers crossed* for the student aid for Tommy.

Marti- Happy week-end to you missy. Hope you are well.

Okay, I need to get to bed. Not that I have anything exciting going on or anything tomorrow. I told DH I would bake him a cake, so I will make spice with cream cheese frosting. Reason being, I don't care for that frosting, so I will take one piece of cake without frosting and he and Mom can have the rest. Yes, hoping Mom can eat cake by tomorrow. She has had 2 days of actually eating meals and is getting a little of her appetite back. Hope the cake tempts her since she loves spice also. She goes Wed. for an endioscopy (?) and I hope she is stronger by then and able to withstand the test. Thanks for all your concern for her. You gals are the best.
Nighty night.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #39  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Well, it has been a little bit since I have been on here! We had a blast yesterday!!! We dropped the kids off at the sitter’s house and spent about an hour or so with them so they wouldn’t freak when we left. (which they didn’t, in fact, they waved at us out the front window) We went to the party and spent a good six hours. We played some pool, some darts, some arcade games, and some pinball! It was really nice to be known as Mindee, and not mommy! Plus, an added bonus was not having to cut up any ones food or tell them to get out of things or we were going home! We went to pick up the kids and they were all still wide awake…….at midnight! We hung out for a little bit and the kids ate some Taco Bell. We left at 2am, and got home about 2:30am…..put the kids to bed and we crashed as well! (I did really good….I had one pop with dinner and water the rest of the night!)

Sassy~ That is great news about your mom!!!! I have only seen the first Pirates, and that was on opening night in the front row! That is great news about your Job Angel!!! I have never cooked a pot roast either, Tommy usually does it. Tommy’s suggestion is to season it to taste, and then throw it in a crock pot. Tommy says you will know when it is down when it falls apart. To which he added that it would be perfect for Sheppard’s Pie then. I like the idea of the gift for your job angel.

Tammy~ That places looks like it was a lot of fun!!! It looks like a place here in MI called Dave & Busters.

Trish~ That is a great memory!!! We used to go over to my aunt’s house and she would have Santa come over for us kids.

Sue~ Those are some great memories as well!

Katie~ You sure are a great mom! How was your Christmas party?

Jules~ I hope you all feel better soon!!

Jane~ We did have a lot of fun last night!! It wasn’t really strange to be without the kids. We only called once each to check on them. I didn’t get through, so Tommy called a little while later and they were all doing fine. The only time it felt strange was when we first got there, and we didn’t have to pull anybody out of the back of the van! WTG on the ½ pound!!
Old 12-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies

It has been a few day since I've been here. Good news. I walked in on DH last night while he was looking at laptops. When I walked in, he said "Okay, I'm not going to be able to surprise you any way so I may as well tell you. This is your laptop computer I ordered for you. He said I would find out any way because we were getting calls etc. A few years ago someone got his credit card # somehow and ran our bill up buying a $3,000 computer and other stuff. So now when something big is ordered the credit card company checks with Tony to see if it is legit. They did take care of it and changed our number on the card so no one could use it and we didn't have to pay it. Thank God!!! I told DH they were probably questioning it since he just purchased one from QVC (of course we know it has been returned) and then he turned around and purchased another from some where else. I personally am thankful they check with us. We don't use the card all that much except for a few things that comes out each month so anything out of the ordinary raises questions. They even verified with him about those to be sure they were ours. So YES, YES I'M GETTING A REPLACEMENT LAPTOP FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! GOT TO LOVE THAT MAN OF MINE!!!

Jane - Yep, I did I wore that key on a string around my neck treasured it. Daddy had our drive way paved and and our street wasn't all that busy and was a good place for all us kids in our block to skate. Congrates on the 1/2 lb loss.

Marti - CONGRATULATIONS!!! on reaching 145 lbs. Hope I can see that # some day.

Mindee - Glad you had a good time. We always enjoyed our kids, but also enjoyed those time without them too.

Sue - Your cake sounds yummy to me. Used to make that for my DD when she was young. Was her favorite. Good thing I'm not there. LOL Glad your Mom has been eating better and hope it continues.

Sassy - So glad things are better at work and I think your idea of letting your "Job Angel" know what a good job he's doing and you appreaciate it, is a wonderful idea. Hope your internet issues get resolved.

Cristina - So glad you didn't fall. I have had some falls in my life and thank God I never broke anything. You be careful and stay warm.

I don't know if I got everybody or not. If I didn't, I apologize & I hope everything is going good for everyone today.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 12-09-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #41  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies...

Sorry I've been MIA lately, seems like I'm constantly on the go! I can't remember if I mentioned that my hubby got me a membership to the gym.....well yesterday we went together and I forgotten how much I missed working out w/him! He's patient w/me and encourages me to "do one more". It felt good. I told him that I need more "together" time at the gym before I'm brave enough to go alone (hard to always go together w/our schedules) he's ok w/that.

So, I'm back to the gym lifting weights and I'm still walking on my treadmill at home (but boy....there are so many other cardio machines at the gym that I just may try out!) so I'm hoping to look and feel great by summer time. Really need to tone the old muscles that are screaming at me now.

I still need to get my body out there and do some Christmas shopping! It's horrible. My hours make it hard to find time to do that, so today, that is what I have planned. So off I go to do that.

I'll try to catch up soon!

Hugs to you all!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #42  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how is every one doing this Sunday?

nothing new on this end....just hanging out around the house. we are suppose to be getting some kind of rain/snow/sleet mixture but all I have seen is some rain.

Trish~ That is a great Christmas present!!!!! I like the idea of the credit card company calling to verify things when there are charges that are out of the ordinary on your account.

Marti~ It is good to hear from you!! That is a great gift from James! We were going to get a gym membership at a place that has a day care in it so we could go at the same time, but we didn't have the money at the time!
Old 12-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #43  
ugggg.....

Well, I am feeling a little better, still sneezing and my throats still scratchy but I can talk today..hubby's jaw is still hurting some but then he takes a pain med.....I didn't get to go to Harpers Ferry today between being sick and the weather...

Mindee--it's rainy and gray here today

Marti--with not feeling good--I haven't done much shopping--we have all decided to do practical this year....

Trish--yeah for the replacement laptop!!

Sue--I am doing my best--I can't wait for that boy to get here!!

Jane-WTG on the 1/2 pound!!
Old 12-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #44  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Chicks......

Hi Chicks.

Well I made the macaroni and cheese. It didn't turn out the way I wanted, but don't really think it was all my fault. lol. The Cheese Sauce that DH got me just wasn't that great. lol. So next time I am using Velveeta......

But DH liked the mac & cheese anyway and he raved on my burgers I made. Mine were small and I did not use a bun or bread......

DH forgot to get the roast so I will have to come up with something else for tonight. Any Ideas???? We don't have a lot, DH just got the basics when he went to the store. We do have chicken breasts, I could maybe do something with them??? Its just chicken is so boring.......and we have it all the time because well its healthy, its the skinless boneless kind........

DH emailed me a link for a house that he likes that is not too far from where we live now.....needs a little work, but would be perfect because is has an efficiency apt. with a private entrance in the lower level, which would be perfect for my mother!!! Its in our price range too, so I dunno........We don't have any money saved for a down payment though. But a guy at work said he didn't have to have any money down on his house. I dunno I know having a down payment helps but I really want out of this place!! Also my mom is supposed to move up here when her lease is up -- in May. So I would like to have a house by then because we could all fit in this apt, but it would be a snug fit.

Here is the house, if anybody is interested in take a looksy. lol.

Sue -- Yes I am so Thankful for my "Job Angel" at work. He has lifted a HUGE load off of my shoulders!! DH & I don't have to worry about shopping. Only one small thing for each other, to have something to unwrap, but we already got each other's Christmas, the tv/surround sound, etc. I'm glad your mom is feeling better and has her appetite back. I've 2 endoscopy's. They aren't nothing and she won't even remember anything about it, that is one of the drugs they give you, so you don't remember the procedure. The first one I was very nauseous afterwards. So on the 2nd one, I let them know and they gave me more of the anti-nausea medicine and I was not sick at all, but I did sleep a lot more when I got home! lol. So I hope hers go smoothly for her!

Mindee - Glad that you and Tommy got a night out.

Marti -- WTG!! I have to say that I am very jealous. lol. DH & I had a membership at the YMCA and we had to get rid of it when we got the car. (car payment) But I didn't really like it that much. Our Y is the largest in the country and well, its just too large for me. lol. Kinda overwhelming. lol. So I think I will maybe look for a smaller, more economical gym for us to join. Your gonna be this skinny tiny little woman by summer!!! lol. WTG!

Jules -- Glad you are feeling a little better. I hope you and DH get well soon!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #45  
I can dream, can't I?

Sassy- That house looks like it would be very roomy...and an apartment and extra cottage. You could rent one out and help make the payments. Then your Mom could have the other. You and DH would have fun fixing it up. Rooms look large and the floors didn't look bad. Is it in an area that you like? I am getting excited...LOL
But then, I am the queen of realtor.com and Vegas home listings. haha. Have been checking for another vacation home to get out of this darn Winter weather.

Ladies, The spice cake was so good warm from the oven and then DH said it was really yummy tonight with the frosting. I ate my small piece and that will be it since I did frost the rest. I just have been snacking more than usual today and haven't been satisfied yet. Made chili for dinner and that was good, but not what I wanted, obviously, since I kept eating all night. Gads, why are some days like that?

The good news is I walked 2 miles and it was only 33 degrees out there. No wind, so just my face got a little chilled. Well, actually, Mom said I looked like a cherry popscicle. HAha.

Have a good week everyone. I have no plans, but hope to shop one day. Wed. is Mom's test, Wed. night is DGD's choir program. So the rest of the week is free.
Closed Thread