Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Worldly Chicks Are Demented in December

The title can be changed in case I missed something.

We have loads of snow already and more is on the way. This will not be like last year when we got just a skiff until mid-January. It's darn pretty out there and darn cold with a windchill of -27ºC or -14ºF!!!!! Time for the woolies. Does anybody know where I stored the winter mittens? Hershey was very fast with potty this morning - Lucy the Brat used to just pee on the deck when the weather was this cold.

Lots of at home stuff to do today but I do hope to get out to decorate Mr Pouty's room at the nursing home. He won't appreciate it but it will make things more cheery.

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lah!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ruth, I like your avatar....I should change mine for the season but not smart enough to do it. We finally have snow on the ground here also it is the first snow in two years.....going to slap on the skiis this morning and take off right from my front door......the pups are getting groomed to today and I need to round up some christmas stuff for the house and office.
Ruth what club do you have your secret pal with? I always thought that would be so fun to do. I am trying to get projects done and things in the mail also.....my boys even though they are young men love to get their chocolate advent calendars so I have a couple to mail off to them and their girlfriends. My son Chad has a 2 yr old now in his life with his gf so I am going to go down and meet her this Christmas and spend some time in Boise. I went to Moscow and had an early Thanksgiving with Jesse and his gf and watched him play hockey again it was a blast.
My travels are many these days ..... putting on lots of miles on my little Forester..... that is the price I pay living in the Wilderness. I almost took out a large buck on my own road last night...... geez..... I have been so lucky a few times this fall already. I didn't want the hunters to bag him this year and here I almost succeeded with my car!!!
It is so great to come here and catch up with everyone...I hope all is well and we hear from chicks who have not said HEY for a long time..... where is suzi from Aust. and Teel and KRisty and some of the others..... drop by for some eggnog and a natter sometime.
Blessings & Peace to all,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #3  

Oh my gosh I changed my avatar all by myself.....yipppeee!Maybe this old brain is capable of learning something new.....
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #4  
Smackin' into a Wall

Morning chickies and welcome to that month of Holiday Cheer. Ruth, thank you for setting up the new thread for December. And yes, we may want to rename it since it was suggested in a moment of madness But still, it might be appropriate.

I've got to wander off to get ready to go back to work. Yay Holiday season! I'll be back later for commenting and reading and general merriment.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #5  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Can you believe it's DECEMBER already? This year sure flew by.

Thanks for setting up the new thread Ruth. Demented captures my state of mind as I approach some of the activities for this month.

Brrrrrr - I'm cold just READING about your weather. Hope you find your gachees or at least some nice fleece stuff. I have the feeling you have lots of nice Christmas sweaters too.

Ceejay- before I forget you were asking about joining the Biggest Loser challenge on 3FC here. They are starting one up right around the new year. Go to the main page at 3FC, scroll down the page to the Exercise Group and you'll see a sub-forum for The Biggest Loser Winning by Losing or something like that. Click on it. There's a sticky on the top of the page that talks about the upcoming challenge and gives details about it. I'm not going to participate again. I did record the Oprah show about the huge weight loss successes and found it very inspiring. I've always liked Bob Greene tho I think he's become a bit too commercial -- which seems to happen alot when Oprah endorses you. I downloaded and signed the contract too.

Shad - I hope you enjoy your weekend driving around. Sounds like you sure have earned a nice, relaxing weekend and then some...

Rennie- what's going on with you? Your last post on the old thread sounded very sad

Mel - I'm glad you're back with us. The lights in the house here run a little dimmer when you're not with us. Rest up, hoard your toilet paper from the Charmin snatchers in the building and get bright eyed and bushy tailed for us! It's December now so I'll tolerate your stuff

What I wouldn't give for an evening with Carla, Madcat and Ruthie Actually I don't mean to exclude anyone - would be fun to meet up with all - I just see a few of us getting into more antics. Maybe someday. I would love to tour the Butchart gardens with Shad sometime and after seeing the pics from her train trip, that's on my list of someday dream vacations.

On Thursday when they were drawing blood, somehow the phlebotomist hit the nerve in my arm that REALLY aggivated the carpal tunnel in my dominant hand so I am in alot of pain and it also means back to using the cumbersome brace which I detest. I went for my stress test yesterday. You can't have anything by mouth for 4 hours before the test and since it's first thing in the morning I was dehydrated in the morning. I have little veins that like to run away from needles and it's way worse when I'm dried out. They have to put an IV type thing in your arm in order to inject the radioactive dye for the pictures and I refused to let her come near my left arm. She had a difficult time getting the IV in, so I have nerve pain on the left side and lumps and bruises on the right side. The pistol is that she called yesterday afternoon and I have to come back for a second procedure and more pictures Monday morning. More pictures means another injection and NO COFFE in the morning I'm not sure what I'm dreading more - the needle stick, the lack of the morning's little pick me ups, or... I know, I know - it's RIDING IN THE ELEVATOR BY MYSELF!!!! I am claustrophobic. I hate elevators. I particularly hate small hydraulic elevators with metal walls. The kind that go VERY slow, make noises and are jerky - the kind you find in parking garages or at the airport I'm ok riding with people but I get very panicky riding by myself as I have this mortal fear of being stuck in an elevator. The fear started and grew when I got stuck in an elevator by myself several times in 2 different jobs - so my fears are not unfounded. What I usually do is take the stairs if I possibly can or else I hang around and just wait for someone else to come along so I can ride with them. But Monday I have to go back for the second test at 7am so it's very unlikely that other people will be around at that time. If I absolutely HAVE to get in an elevator myself, I will but I shut my eyes tight, take 3 deep breaths and then either count in Spanish or sing I'm Henery The Eighth I Am - by Herman's Hermits just so I can't panic. Oh and I also hate metal elevators because you're cell phone doesn't get a signal in them furthering the fear that I will be trapped and alone. See--- we all have our troubles.

Ok, enough rambling for me. There's lots to do today even if I am on the gimpy side. I am debating about just how much or little Christmas decorating I will do, the content of my annual Christmas letter that I send out with the cards as well as the usual stuff.

Hello to Nae and Patty - time for the missing chicks to pop back again - Meadow, Holly, Linus, Painter - ok who else am I missing - well if you came around more I wouldn't forget, right?

Happy Saturday
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Thanks for reminding me about the BL. I'm thinking of just doing Bob Greene's phase 1 for 6 weeks at least. I've measured this morning but will weigh in on Monday morning. I'm using the commercial scales at work. I also signed the contract this morning.

Ruth
Thanks for starting the new thread.

I'll be adding no caffiene, which include's chocolate, in addition to the list that Bob Greene has.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

If I'm never seen again, it'll be because of the snowstorm. We are under a rather scary weather watch for tomorrow afternoon and may lose power. I am going to be sure to locate the key to the generator cabinet. The woodstove can keep me warm but I sure need running water.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Ruth
You take it easy. That is something I did years ago, invested in a generator. It will run a few lights, the sump pumps, the furnace,the well and fridge. What more can you want, lights, water, heat and food lol.

Happy
I am ok. Thank you for asking. Oh I understand about elevators and needles. Not two of my favorite things lol. Darn sorry about all you are going thru. Sounds like a real pain in the bum to me. When I was expecting my son I was stuck in an elevator at the hospital while I was there for an ultra sound. I am VERY claustrophobic. That wasn't bad enough. I wasn't lucky enough to be stuck alone. The MAN in there with me was more claustrophobic than I was. I thought I was going to go crazy before we got out of there 2 hours later. He was making me nuts. I was trying to keep it together and he was yelling and stuff lol. You know, they make these wonderful things called steps. I use them lol.

I finaly put all my size 18's in the give away pile and now am into all my 16's. This morning the bit of muffin top I have kind of got to me. I still have a long way to go and I am just expecting to much of myself to fast. On top of that to have people telling me, ya you might lose it all but it will come back just kind of hit me hard.

I generally just don't let that happen, I don't tend to let things get me down. I tend to let stuff roll off me like water off a ducks back. Once I slapped myself a few time I was ok lol. Sometimes you have to consider the source lol. It is one thing for someone who has lost weight and then not kept it off and is trying again to say something. It is another thing for people who can't keep big macs out of their mouth to say something.

I started to really think about what they said.

THEM You can't do without everything forever. You will start eating what
you ate before.
ME Since I am not doing without a thing what is there to go back to.

THEM You will get tired of how you are eating and want stuff you don't have
ME I have anything I want. There is nothing there to have I don't have.

THEM Your going to go to someones house or out to eat and blow it
ME I would rather NEVER go out to eat yuck someone touching my food
I would rather cook myself. Those that care about me will fix food
they know I like to eat not things I don't want in my body.

THEM Holidays make it hard you want all the goodies very one has
ME Darn I never wanted them before why would I start now lol

Ok, maybe I have it a bit different than some people. Most of the weight came on because of meds. The bad eating habits came way later. I eat what I want. I make sure everyday I have something I really like and plan everything else I eat around that. I haven't found ( so far ) losing weight to be hard. The only hard thing has been getting my lazy bum out of the chair to exercise. Now that is pretty easy too. Just something I do everyday.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #9  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THANKS RUTH FOR THE NEW HOME AND I AM JUST DEMENTED ENOUGH IN DECEMBER TO LIKE THE TITLE! HOPE THE STORM ISN'T TOO BAD. KEEP US POSTED IF YOU CAN. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS UP NORTH!

MADCAT~ MAYBE YOU AND CARLA AND RUTH SHOULD HAVE MET UP AND GOTTEN STUCK IN A BAR/RESTAURANT WITH THIS STORM

RENNIE~ CONGRATS ON THE SIZE 16!!

CEEJAY~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE BOB GREENE START!!!

NAE~ I SENT A PM TO YOU. DID YOU GET IT? hAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE SON AND HIS FAMILY. gLAD YOU GOT TO SEE THE OTHER ONE AND HAPPY TRAVELING!

HAPPY~ I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE MISHAPS AT THE DR OR SHOULD I SAY FIASCO HOPE ALL YOUR BRUISED AND PAINFUL PARTS HEAL SOON AND FEEL BETTER QUICKLY. YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CEL PHONES IN OUR ELEVATORS....IT HAS A PHONE OF IT'S OWN AND IS LINKED DIRECTLY TO THE POLICE STATION....AND THEY SEND SOME OF THOSE GOOD LOOKING FIRMEN TO RESCUE YOU

I CAME BACK EARLY CAUSE MY EYES FEEL BETTER. NOT SURE IF IT'S THE BAKING SODA/WATER RINSE OR NOT OR JUST TIME HEALING OLD WOUNDS. THE CYST IS STILL THERE AND PROBABLY WILL BE FOR SOME TIME YET.
IT SNOWED THIS MORNING AND MOTHER NATURE IS DRESSID IN HER WINTER WHITES. LOOKING STUNNING IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF. IF THEY DON'T CANCEL THE MALL TOMORROW I HOPE TO GO WITH JEN. IT'S THE WINTRY MIX WE'RE EXPECTING WITH THE COLD TEMPS THAT COULD RUIN OUR PLANS. HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.
TURNED ON MY LITTLE TREE AND I AM BATHED IN CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!! I AM HO HO HOING ALL OVER THE HOUSE!
LIKE ROSEBLUSH, I HOPE A FEW STRAY CHICKS COME AND SAY HELLO FOR THE HOLIDAYS.

HAPPY SUNDAY AND A PEACEFUL DAY FOR ALL
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #10  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

PS~ I LOVE ALL THE NEW AVATARS!!! WE ALL LOOKS SO FESTIVE. CONGRATULATIONS NAE ON GETTING YOURS ON THERE TOO!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning chicks
I haven't had any stamina for a couple of days. This morning I took my blood pressure and it was down to 110/64 pulse was 117. I had no caffiene yesterday. I am also very nervous. I'm going to the doctor Thursday. I had another episode similar to this last Sunday.

Ruth
You may have snow for Christmas It's looking like we'll have some bad weather later on today in the form of thunderstorms. You could always melt snow for water. I've done that in the past.

Mel
Glad you are feeling better.

Reenie
Don't let others get you down. Yeah for the size 16's.

Last edited by ceejay52; 12-02-2007 at 11:02 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:25 AM   #12  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey kids,

Cool and rainy day today. Should have put the Christmas decorations outside yesterday. Now they will have to wait until next weekend and we don't have many weekends left until Christmas.

Ceejay - hope you feel better. Getting checked out at the doctor's sounds like a good plan. Your pulse seems rather high tho your pressure is down.
Might be the nervousness though.

Rennie - like you say, you just have to ignore what people say. Were these overweight people saying these things to you? Sometimes people get jealous when you are losing weight and they are not and they said dumb things. Just keep to your plan.

Mel - good to have you back. Thanks for the email - that was so sweet I am blowing the wintry mix away from you and diverting it up north. There's too much shopping to be done to worry about icy weather.

Ruth - hope you don't get snowed in and left powerless. Stay warm, safe and snuggly.

I like your dressed up kitty avatar Madcat.

Got my dining room decorated yesterday because that was pretty easy to do. Now to move on to the other rooms. As Ceejay said - we have some rain and thunderboomers moving into the area later today. I need to hurry and make my shopping list and get in and out before they hit.

Have a good Sunday - will try and stop by again tonight.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #13  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

ceejay
What is your blood pressure normally? Mine is 118 over 63 all the time. Doc says not to worry, I am just dead lol. Every time I go to a new doc they see this and go and get a different thing to check my blood pressure, think there is something wrong with the equipment.

Melody
Take care of those eyes. They are the only set you get. Started to do a big of Christmas decorating yesterday. Will take the next couple of days and get the lights on the tree. Darn it takes forever go get all those strands of lights on lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #14  

Good Morning Ladies,

Trying to decide how much Christmas decorations i'm going to put out. Since we're not coming to my house I know i'm not going all out.

Update: the new guy I met didn't work out... apparently their was no chemistry between us. But i'm talking with a new one, so we'll see where this ones goes.

Ruth - thanks for new forum. Keep warm and hopefully the storm won't be as bad as they say.

Ceejay - take it easy the next few days..Hope the doctor can give you some direction on what's going on.

Shy - WTG on getting rid of the 18's. You know those people who say something are just jealous that you're doing something about it. I would of said you know it's hard enough to do this on my own... i don't need to hear all your negativity about it.. I know what you mean about the muffin, I have got a dozen cookies in my refrigerator that need to be baked...leftover from thanksgiving and I keep saying just one... just one...it's a everyday struggle for me...

Happy - hope you get your indoor decorating done.

Hello to everyone else.. Hope your having a great day.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #15  

Well, Happy, at least now I know who to thank for the howling, icy winds and snow and sleet up here! But heck, if it's to help out our Mel, I'll take all the winter you want to send my way.
I also have to go for a bunch of (routine) bloodwork pretty soon. I've been putting it off because of the fasting after midnight , but enough is enough. I can't imagine how annoyed you must have been, ending up with both arms mangled like that! Also, according to my GP, up here instead of a baseline colonoscopy at 50, they have you collect poop smears several day in a row for them to analyse. I'll get the details and the equipment (?) when I go for the other tests. Maybe a few pairs of rubber gloves while I'm at it... Hmmm. Maybe that falls into the category of TMI?

When I left Toronto on Friday, a few gentle snowflakes were gently wafting their way down out of a lovely blue sky. In Ottawa we landed in snow and wind - a little unnerving when we touched down as I thought the white stuff out the windows was a cloud, and I wasn't quite ready for the bump. Yesterday was very cold but dry, and this morning real winter settled in. They say it's going to be one of the long, cold, snowy winters we used to have, and me without my winter tires on yet!

Plans were almost in place to go visit Igor next February in Mexico at Rio Caliente, but it turns out there's no room at the inn. So I'm frantically looking for another option, preferably not too $$$. Or I could stay home and use the money for something else - I had accepted exactly the number of days (net) it would take to pay for my holiday, and I can't get rid of the extra work at this point. Rats! So much for my intention of having December off - instead I'll be racing around for the next two weeks working and trying to do all the Christmas stuff too.

Mel, it's great to see you back, and great to know you've improved so quickly. Do be careful with shopping tomorrow, as I think you've kept some of the extreme weather Happy sent up here. I think in your honour I'll try to get thru a week or two of proper eating and no wine - if you can't have caffeine, it's only right that I should do without the junk I've been wallowing in for the last month or so. The damage doesn't seem too extensive - I'm probably up about 6 pounds from my lowest, only 2 up from my ticker. I haven't decided yet whether the spree was worth it. It sure would have been nice to fit into the expensive black pants I bought and can't wear yet!
I looked at the pharmacy yesterday and didn'ts ee any Mucinex on the shelves, so maybe it's on prescription here. I really would like to do something about the sinus blockage and related problems!

Rennie, congrats on the move into smaller clothes, and don't let people get you down. Some are probably jealous, others totally unaware of the effect their ramblings might have, others afraid they'll lose the co-dependant they overeat with. Of course you know that it's hard to keep weight off, but you seem to have things totally under control. Don't let anyone sabotage your effort or 'harsh your vibe' (I love that expression!).

Shad has thrown up her computers in disgust and run off for a weekend of R&R. I'm trying to imagine that I'm sitting in her passenger seat, enjoying the view and the hot weather. Ohm.... Come back to us with recharged batteries and plenty of energy to see the project through until you get sprung!

Ceejay, good luck with the doctor this week. Always alarming when things just don't seem right.

I'm surprised Madcat found time to drop in and even change her avatar! I happen to know some naughty visitor from Fat City as they call it kept her out til all hours, and she's probably been chained to her computer ever since. Sorry about that, but it really was a fun evening.

Ruth, I imagine you're hunkered down by the fire with a warm dog, your wall hanging and maybe a nice scotch in hand. (I know, it's early, but the first blizzard of the year gives you special dispensation...) Enjoy!
By the way, this week in the Ottawa paper there's been an ad in the pet section for two shepherd mix pups that look absolutely adorable. The photo isn't clear, but the one in the back appears to have some big black curls on his head. Just thought I'd mention it in case you're still actively looking. And yes, they are shelter dogs.

Hey, with the change in the weather, I don't need to change my avatar - a cat knee-deep in snow is just right for this deranged chick.

Hello and to all the missing chicks.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote