3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

The Worldly Chicks Are Demented in December

Old 12-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #16
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Cala
I am not going to let anyone " harsh my vibe " lol. I love that. Hubby and I talked a lot about this yesterday. He was very very mad at his sisters, I was over it he wasn't lol. He finaly said they are jealous but then they have always been jealous of you. I said why on earth would anyone be jealous of me lol. He said ( I have to smile, made me feel pretty good ) people who can not make lemonade out of lemon days don't like people who can and sure don't understand them. For years they would make comments about you really can't be how you seem. You never noticed, but I did. You are upbeat and always ready with a smile or a joke, most people just aren't like this outside of movies. They are also down and think the world owes them something. You are totally different people and they just don't understand you.

Ok, I should write a book of one liners. I think there are days the only thing to do is give someone a wedgie lol. From time to time when the hubby is bent over, I take his tee shirt from behind and pull it over his head lol. I can be a pest and my kids love it. When my sons girlfriend is over, from time to time and she laughs and laughs, I go to my son and say " Ohhhh let me touch your prettyyyyyy blonde hair, let me see your prettttty blue eyes " He says MOTHER STOP THAT and then kisses me all over my face until I say UNCLE. As long as you laugh more than you cry in life, life is good.

There was a time in my life I was depressed all the time. Always down. Now, that does happen from time to time since I just can't take the meds to stop it but I fill the rest of my life with laugher and silliness.

BMI 06/09/14 ( 44.9 ) BMI 08/16/14 ( 44.6)

Everything is a choice; we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

God, keep your arms around my shoulders and your hands across my mouth.

Sometimes God doesn't whisper in our ear what he wants us to hear. Sometimes he jumps up and down screaming PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE. We just don't listen.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #17
Welcome Winter!

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie as the lights just flickered. Hersh and I definitely are cuddling by the woodstove but no Scotch as yet. I am going to nap for 20 minutes and then get back to quilting on hanging #2. My brain is already in gear for #3 - I need to shift down. I am demented!

Melt snow for water? You need a whole bucket of snow to get a cup of water. I always have a stock of water on hand for these emergencies, both drinking and flushing water. The power may not go out but, if it does, the generator keeps the furnace, kitchen and well going, not the computer which is in the front of the house.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #18
Rennie

Ruth
Same here. That generator will only power so much and my computer isn't one of of the things I have it work. Guess heat is more important lol.

Everything is a choice; we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

Sometimes God doesn't whisper in our ear what he wants us to hear. Sometimes he jumps up and down screaming PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE. We just don't listen.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #19

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I'm back but I must run because I'm due in training shortly.
Lovely weekend. I've been caving and climbing - stairs mostly. So the legs got a really good workout this weekend.

Margaret River is all about indulgence - chocolate, wines, venison, cheese and other morsels to trap the unwary. All I bought back were chocolate for the co-workers and a bottle of mango sauce for me - no sugar, no preservatives, few calories.
Anyway, that said, I'm back on the exercise and eating well bandwagon. Starting today. We will see how we go.

Love to you all. Catch up later
Old 12-02-2007, 11:19 PM   #20
Rennie

Seems like many are busy today. Hope everyone had a wonderful day. I am still getting lights on the tree. lol

Old 12-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #21

Okay - first bite at the comments.

Carla - I must have known that you were sitting beside me. The thought of our walk through the woods was very strong yesterday as I was charging this the bush in south western Australia. I have now been to the most South Western point of the Continent, I've also been to the Southernmost mainland point and the most Easterly and Northerly point of this vast continent. Karratha was close to the most westerly point but not quite there. I'll get there one day.
I'll have to see if I can attach some pictures shortly - not sure that this computer has the wherewithall to reduce the size. I might try downloading Picassa and see if I can do it there.

Happy - was with me as I went through the cave systems. I know she would have loved the Lake cave. It has a stream running through it and myriads of reflects of the crystals and mites and tites and huge great calcium carbonate structures. She wouldn't however have loved the 300 odd steps down and up. I wasn't that keen on them myself.

Ruth - Title fits this lot. Actually I thought we were demented in Delta. Hope you are not to cold up there. Big hug for the Hershey and a nice warming one for yourself. Temps here haven't been over warm either although a darn sight better than you lot are having. Temps in Perth over the weekend were around 29C. Cooler in Margaret River and on Saturday night it turned to winter again and I froze solid - well it was around 10 or 11 or maybe 13C. Yesterday was just nice - around 25 or 26C.

Talking of touring. Thoughts turn to the next OE maybe in 2009 or 2010 - the good lord willing and I will still have the use of arms, legs and brain. Carla did say that she thought she might be down my way in a couple of years too, but ........... Butchart Gardens with Happy and DH - yep, I can do that. The train, well I'm not sure I would want to do it again, but I would like to do the cruise up through Canada and Alaska. It might be worth looking at on my way to or from somewhere else. Or then again, the long delayed Italian job might be on the menu as well. I really ought to win lotto then I can go anywhere at anytime.

Right - back to work. More later maybe

Last edited by Shad : 12-02-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Shad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:59 PM   #22
Smackin' into a Wall

Greetings from the midst of Project Purgatory! I did go into work for 5 hours yesterday, but the project manager insisted we all take today off. So it has been a no documentation day for me. Weíve been hit by an icky snow/ sleet storm so the DH stayed home from school. It was nice. I put up the Xmas decorations which consist of an above-cat-height string of LED lights wrapped in garland with red and gold balls dangling from it. We also managed to climb and conquer Mount Laundry.

Carla~ I loved meeting up with you and, in spite of the hour, a night out with good company was just what the Dr. ordered. The funny thing is when I left you I decided I might as well just grab a cab home and who should call while I am in the cab but the Darling Boy. Apparently he had been wondering where I was and I couldnít hear the phone in the restaurant since I had somehow turned the ringer off. I could only tell he was calling in the cab because my purse started to vibrate! His only suggestion was that I might want to think about wearing a watch.

Ruth~ Iím sure that your weather is probably more fun than ours. You know what we Torontonians are like. Iím amazed we donít have the army on speed dial. Your mittens are probably in a box at the top of the hall closet. Good luck with the decorating. It will make it better. Stay warm and dry. Hope the storm isnít all that bad.

Rose~ Be careful with those deer on the road. Enjoy your winter wonderland.

Mel~ Lovely to see you here. Itís nice that you have managed to conjure the holiday spirit. Hope the weather holds out for you.

Happy~ Anytime you want to make the long trip north we will arrange a get together. Sorry that you have such struggles with blood tests and such. I have really tiny deep veins and the last time I had blood drawn they made me go away, drink some water and put on a sweater. Apparently if you veins are warmer they are plumper. I didnít know you were claustrophobic. Elevators are one of those modern unavoidable evils. I have this image of you singing Ďenery the Eight and it makes me smile. Your version of whistling in the dark.

Ceejay~ Good for you for starting a new challenge. Iíll have to take a look at it myself. Good luck at the doctorís.

Rennie~ I was once on an airplane during a rather turbulent flight next to a woman who was absolutely terrified of flying. Her fear was a terrible thing to see. I was a nervous wreck by the time we landed and Iím never afraid to fly. Congrats on your progress so far. Good work.

Patty~ Sorry I missed your birthday last week. I hope it was a good one.

Shad~ Hope you are enjoying your jaunt away and that you return relaxed and rejuvenated. It sounds like a nice trip.

I should probably get to bed soon. Itís going to be a busy week. If all goes well, the application goes live on Saturday. If we can only survive the 6 days until then it will be good. An lot to do and not much time to get it done. Ah, the joys of seat of yoru pants project management. If you donít see me around much this week, that will be why. Later darlings!

Hi to anyone I didnít get to. Take care!

SW - 190 Sept 9 2009
CW - 172
GW - 145ish, maybe, we'll see
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #23
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER AFTER THE DR VISIT.

HAPPY~ DECORATE AWAY MY SOUTHERN FRIEND!!

CARLA~ FUNNY YOU COULDN'T FIND THE MUCINEX. THEY COULDN'T WAIT TO SEND IT OVER THE COUNTER DOWN HERE SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES TOO. SO SORRY YOU CAN'T GO AND SEE IGOR!

PATTY~ SORRY THE NEW GUY DIDN'T WORK OUT. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!

RENNIE~ LAUGH THE DAYS AWAY

RUTH~ HANG IN THERE AND I HOPE THE POWER STAYS ON

SHAD~ THE WEEKEND SOUNDED RELAXING AND YOUR POST SHOWS IT. GLAD YOU WENT. SOUNDS TOO LIKE A GOOD PLACE TO TAKE CARLA!! CHOCOLATES AND WINE!!!

MADCAT~ WISHING YOU WELL FOR THE NEXT 6 DAYS AND HOPING THE PROJECT HAS GREAT LIFT-OFF AT THE END!! GOOD LUCK!

OK I AM OFF FOR THE DAY UNLESS THE DRIVER SAYS DIFFERENTLY WHEN WE GET DOWN THERE. RICHIE IS OFF TODAY AND GETS THE COMPUTER ALL TO HIMSELF! HAVE A GREAT DAY. I WILL TRY NOT TO BURN OUT MY LAST CREDIT CARD
HAPPY MONDAY
Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #24

Good Blustery Morning!!!

We are getting some kind of nasty weather. No snow yet. It poured rain all night( +6C) and now temps have dropped to -2C and the winds are 45km an hour. Buses are delayed. I assume they will be cancelled. Hubby is home. It is my day "off".
I am just coming off of a whole month of non stop events, payroll type work, hockey, skating and other stuff. All went quite well. I still have Avon orders to place and some to pack but it is looking doable. My BIG event was this past Thurs where I MC and was a guest speak.I placed most of my Christmas shopping thru Sears and picked up fabric on Sat evening to have matching flannel nighties and pj pants made for the whole family from Santa.
Much catching up to do around the house too.
Happy December to all. It was nice to catch up with everyone!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #25
Rennie

Holly
Sounds like you have been a busy little Elf lol. Make sure you take time for a bubble bath and a trashy novel lol.

Still working on this darn tree here. Only have 15 sets of light left to put on I think lol.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #26
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing to report--feeling better today.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #27
Welcome Winter!

S/C/G: 232/ticker/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just shovelled snow for an hour and I'm pooped. It sure is good exercise! I had to shovel off the deck because Madame Hershey decided it was OK to pee out there as it was snow just like the yard. Brat!

Not much happening in town except for the crazy snowmobilers. A new lad ploughed my lane - the old "lad" decided he wasn't going to plough this winter. Nice of him to let me know!

Right now it's time for tea and a stab at finishing wall hanging #3.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #28

Oh I do like that wall hanging Ruth - got the same starry background as your avatar snowman.
Perhaps Lucy is giving advice to Hersh from above about the piddle on the porch. We have problems getting people to plough here too but it is for a different reason entirely. The ploughing not the people.

Rennie - how big is that tree? lots of lights on it. I don't have a tree anymore, nor do we really do Christmas as such. No young ones to bring out the family mat for anymore and everyone is spread too wide. When we all do get together then the mat comes out but that doesn't happen often.

Holly - you almost sound sorry there is no snow!!! But it is certainly cold enough around your neck of the woods anyway. Keeping busy is good cos it keeps the body moving and warm and there's always the possibility you might burn more calories than you eat.

Mel - it is great to see you back in action. Hope the eyes continue their improvement and the cyst just disappears back to wherever it came from. Mucinex - well excuse me but I thought you were talking about the other end so to speak and I think I was thinking Metamucil but it (mucinex) is over the counter here too.
Have a fun time shopping and don't melt the plastic fantastic will you.

Madcat - such fun having dinner with Carla and being late home. Sorry the DH had a bit of a worrying time - I don't answer my phone all the time either. It drives the family wild. I really don't like phones all that much anyway.
Projects going live - always the excitement - will it work??? - won't it work?? - did we do good or not. Time will tell hey?

Ceejay - glad you are feeling better today

Where did Happy go. Must have got a better offer.

And I guess it is time for me to get out of here too. Lots to do today. I seem to be pushed and pulled in all sorts of directions at the moment. Working for Finance, working for PS (Projects), working for SCM (Supply Chain) and trying to hold the three chickens in place for another couple of weeks.
It's all fun - isn't it????
Old 12-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #29
Rennie

Ruth
Looks very pretty. Yes that is great exercise. I stopped having my 200 foot drive plowed when they started wanting over 20 dollars to do it lol. It will keep me busy and when it comes down to hard to do alone I have the kids. Hubby doesn't let me do it when he is home.

Shad
It is only 6 foot but way over my head lol. I had a tree and decorated the house long before I had children. Am sure I will do it long after they are gone.

Last edited by Shy Moment : 12-03-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 AM   #30
Some days not so much

S/C/G: Macys Balloon/Chubbette/OK

Height: Fun Size

Didn't get a better offer Shad. Remember a while back when you got super busy and somehow it travelled around the world and came back to my lap? Happened again

I am buried in stuff. I am trying not to stress out over this. One person can only do so much - priorities. And this time of year I HAVE to have some personal time too or else Christmas will get short changed.

I am sitting here with both arms covered in large bruises from all the times they had to stick me over 2 days worth of tests and veins that would not cooperate. And the carpal tunnel is in a major flare which is not helped by extra time on the old keyboard. And I have a major headache from constantly gritting my teeth.

The good news is that I rode the elevator by myself both up to the test lab and back down again and I didn't panic. Good thing because I'll have to do it again on Thursday most probably

I'll try and get here as I can but I think this is going to be a very busy week. I find out my test results on Thursday and if I won't make it to Christmas, I'll let you all know so you don't have to waste a stamp

Thinking of all of you

Last edited by happy2bme : 12-04-2007 at 01:31 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.