Old 12-06-2007, 06:00 AM   #16  

Good morning gals! I am pooped this morning. The animals decided to sleep right up next to me all night, pushing me to the side of the bed. I didn't get much rest so I am pretty tired this morning. I hate pushing them around much as then they jump on and off the bed and disturb Jack so much so I just laid there like a corpse. I now have a sore shoulder and back from not moving. lol

Susan: I think a lot of people don't understand the magnitude of danger a person who has asthma is in. I think they think that, yeah a person says they can't breathe, but they aren't going to die from being short of breath, when the truth is, they can easily die without help right away if they have a serious attack. It is a vital thing for the kids to carry around with them, but I know the schools are afraid of non asthma kids getting the stuff and "huffing." If I were a parent I would demand my child be allowed to carry their inhaler with them and get whatever documentation I needed to do so. Have you had asthma since childhood? I know Thomas is playing Christmas music, but that is all I know about it. He is a very beginner with his violin, but goes gangbusters with the piano.

Jean: You have a real winner in that asst principal. He seems to keep coming up with lame ideas that aren't going to work. Don't you just hope he moves on next year? I saw on WGN last night that Chicago got hit with snow, around 6+ inches and I believe South Bend got around 4-7 depending on where you lived. Chicago was supposed to be in single digit temps, which means slippery streets. The temp in SB right now is a very cold 8 degrees. I just hope they don't have nasty weather while we are there. I slip so easily.

I have taken to watching Christmas movies and I watched "Deck the Halls" last night after going upstairs. We went to the theater to see this and it is a cute, cute movie. It has Matthew Broderick and Danny Devito in it. If you get a chance, rent it if you haven't seen it.

I guess I better get up and get dishes emptied out of the dishwasher and such. I may go back upstairs and nap for an hour or so after Jack leaves for work. I am just that bushed.

Have a great Thursday!
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #17  

Good Evening, Flowers! Bob is out blowing snow and I should be picking up the kitchen. I have a load of laundry in the dryer and a load in the washer; just brought a load of towels upstairs and stopped by to say "hello." Our snow started this morning about 9 and it snowed all day long. All the schools around us got out early but we stayed 'til the last bell rang. It was not nice driving home on unplowed streets! We have a middle school concert tonight so I'm sure that is why we stuck it out. All of the sporting events were cancelled by the hosting schools.

"Gma" -- I would like nothing better than to see Mr. Know-It-All move on. But like Bob says, we could always get someone worse. He is definitely worse this year than last year. I did see several copies of detention notices in the teachers' mailboxes this morning. I'm guessing we got 3 - 4" of new snow this time. The place where we ate last night had a parking lot of solid ice with ruts where cars had driven through the snow. It's supposed to be a fancy place for out of town guests, banquets, etc. I called today and complained! The guy made excuses saying the company that did the snow removal did a terrible job. My reply was, "let's think about this . . . the ice and snow happened on Saturday and it is now Thursday!" He assured me that they put down a layer of sand today and I said that was good because we were there last night and he was lucky that no one in our party fell. He admitted that someone did fall so I hope they get compensated big time for pain and suffereing!

The dryer is buzzing so I'm off! Have a fantastic Friday tomorrow!

Jean -- in Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 12-06-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:05 AM   #18  

Good morning to you all. Hope your day has started out well. It's Friday!

I got the baby's clothes and toys yesterday for Christmas and they are all so cute. The train we bought him comes with an extra circus animal, a purple hippo, (circus???) that only Kohls has. The 18 month clothing will fit him soon I think by looking at them and the socks look big enough that goodness. I noticed at Thanksgiving he is growing out of his socks again. Here are a couple pics of him Alicia sent last night. He is such a cute baby. The one in the basket looks just like Jay and the one with the bear looks like Alicia.

I got the upstairs bathrooms cleaned finally and will tackle the dusting and vacuuming today. The bathroom is hard because getting down to clean the tub is hard. I have a long handled deal, but I don't like if for cleaning the bottom of the tub.

Jean: I am glad you and Bob are alright and neither of you slipped and fell. I would probably have had to just skip the whole thing and go back home. I really can't manuever at all on ice anymore even with boots unless they had spikes in them, lol! You know, people want business yet they don't do enough to protect their patrons.

I got my AARP magazine yesterday and read the most heartbreaking story about a husband and wife and the husband had MS. It truly helped me understand the anguish my sister has had to go through with her husband because this woman's husband would get nasty with her too, throw things at the nurses, swear at them and all. I guess the MS causes part of this as well.

Gotta get going and cleaning up the dog's breakfast mess. He is gaining weight and I think after I use up the canned we are going back to dry dog food and see what happens. The chubby cat is losing and I am a little worried about him, though he could stand to lose a bit.

Have a great weekend everyone! Stay warm and dry!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-28-2008 at 06:15 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #19  

Good Evening, Flowers! It is dark outside; I will be glad when the 21st is here and the days start getting longer again! We have snow in the forecast for tomorrow . . . enough is enough for right now! Jason wanted to know if we had time to come to their place this weekend and have a family chat with Amanda's parents. I don't really have the time so invited them to come here. At least it will save us a 5 hour trip in the car plus the time there. He wants our input on the Denver job and even though it is a good opportunity for him I just hate to see them move that far away.

"Gma" -- The pictures are so cute! Jackson does look like a happy little guy! I need to deep clean my bathroom drawers and cupboards this weekend, the curio cabinet and washing all the glass stuff inside is next, make my card club menu, write cards, and wrap gifts so I know what I have left to get for whom. Whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it! The kids are getting a couple of small things to unwrap and money. I can't decide on any of the grandkids except Ian's ship -- everything seems to be made in China. I'm not too worried since none of them chew on their toys any more.

Bob is home so guess I will make my grocery list and head out. Have a nice weekend!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote