Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #31  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jules - not all women swell right before giving birth, but most do. Their noses and face in general look puffy. By this time next month, it'll all be over and you'll be rocking your grandson. You're going to make such a good grandma.

Cristina - I hear you on the college and career thing! I wish I would've finished college, epecially since I could have finished at half price, since Neal was a prof there. Being home for the kids was great, but a part-time job would have been ideal. Not sure why I didn't do that.

Sassy - yw for the words. One of these days it will be your turn to get what you want, career-wise. Just hang in there, chicka, ok?

Trish - I got mine (500 page hardback) at Walmart, but noticed it's not still there. You can go to Amazon right here at 3fc and order one. The name is Rhett Butler's People, and the author is Donald McCaig. I'm almost to the end, and don't want it to be over!

Mindee - I don't like any other adult watching me exercise. It's just too embarrassing with all the jiggly parts I have, lol. Plus, I can't keep up with the video at times, so I march in place instead, for awhile. My dog Molly watches me, and I'm waiting for her to roll her eyes one of these days, lol.

Tammy - hope you're being spoiled today.

The concert last night was fun, but crowded. We got in line early, so we had great seats. I had a couple of amaretto sours for the first time. Kind of sweet, but good!

Today I'm going to finish my book, and not sure what else. Have a good one, ladies!
Old 12-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday Tammy

We have a wind storm going on outside so I'm going to get off the computer....not sure how long the power will stay on....usually goes out during this!

Will check back in later tonight.

Oh....before I go, anyone see previews for the mini series "Tin Man?" Its on Sci Fi and it looks pretty cool.....

off I go.....I'll try to be back later..............
Old 12-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies

I can't believe it is December already. I'm wondering where 2007 went as it has gone by so fast.

Jane - DH and I found the book online at Costco and he ordered it for me. He is giving it to me for Christmas. I usually read Christian books and have a few of those already wrapped to Christmas. I know there are other good books out there that I would love to read but never know what they are so or won't buy theen afraid I won't like it and my money will be wasted.

Marti - Hope your DD will open up to you so you can help her. I was always close to my Mama and felt she was my best friend. It is great when you have that kind of relationship with your children. Hope you don't lose power and you stay safe.

Mindee - I hate exercising in front DH. I wait until he is on his computer in the other room before I do them except for when I ride stationary bike. I am like Jane... I don't like any one seeing all this jiggling going on. I guess that is why going to a gym wouldn't work for me. I would love to do water exercising, but I won't wear a bathing suit... don't wear shorts etc. Just me.

Sassy - You have the cutest way of saying things. Had me laughing with your "where's the fairy Godmother when you need her" I have often wondered that myself. Glad you and I are both here.

Sorry if I missed anyone. I hope everyone has a really good day. I've got to get up from here and cook dinner for DH.

Hugs,
Trish
Old 12-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

It is nice to know that I am not the only one that doesn't like other adults watching me work out! The cat will watch me work out and that is fine......half the time she attacks my feet or hands while I am working out.

I have a work out DVD that I got for a dollar at Wal-Mart some time ago, and I still have yet to watch it.....so I might as well as bite the bullet and get it over with!

I am on my way to try and figure out how to send a photo card online to the family and friends that we have email address for.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #35  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Chicks!

Hey All.

Happy Birthday, Tammy!

Wow I can't believe it and I may be jinxing myself but for now at least I am not in any pain! lol.

TY all once more, you are just truly great and awesome Chicks!

Mindee -- I don't exercise in front of my DH, whenever I do exercise that is. lol. But we used to take walks together. We should really start doing that again. My cat attacks my feet too! lol.

Jane -- Glad you had fun at the Concert. I remember hearing that name, but I can't remember them or what they sing. lol. I'm sure my mom listened/listens to them.

Marti -- Hope your power stays on!

Hey Jules, Michelle, Mary Kate, and anybody else out there!

Have a Wonderful rest of your Sunday! Tomorrow night is back to work........Yippee. lol. But we should be really slow. The closer we get to Christmas, the slower we get. Although I guess we could be really busy, people trying to get everything done BEFORE the holidays.........Either way, just want my week to fly by very quickly! lol. I still have not heard anything about Christmas, if I am off yet or not. If I'm not, I'm not sweating it, we can use the extra money and DH said if I have to work, he will work too. Now that is true love! lol.

Fairy Godmother did not show up either! lol. So I had to clean up all by myself! lol. But I still have more to do before my mother comes, if she still comes next weekend. I don't want her to have to do anything and if she sees something that needs to be cleaned, she will clean it. lol. And I don't mind it, but I don't want her doing it. I want her to relax. But my mother actually enjoys cleaning. lmao. See why I want her to live with us? lol. Just Teasing. We want her to live with us so she doesn't have to stress about money, plus to have her here with us.

Well I am hungry so I better go rustle up some grub! Saying that reminds me of that new show, "Girl Meets Cowboy". Do any of you watch it? It was on one night and now DH & I are both hooked! lol. Lots of good looking Cowboys on it! Its on Monday's beginning around 4 pm on the Women's Entertainment Channel (WE), so check it out girls! lol. My DH keeps saying there should be a a (ME) channel, Mens Entertainment. I said, "Hello, you guys have ESPN!" lmao!

Have a Great Evening All!

Old 12-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #36  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies- Boy, talk about wind, it is really fierce here right now. We had a warmer day, rainy, but not cold. Now the wind!
I actually rode 2 miles on the bike and was OP today. Now if I don't go raid the kitchen before bedtime I will be okay.
I was able to get all the Christmas goodies out of the attic, but want to go tomorrow and look for a new tree. One pre-lit. Then I don't know what I will do with about 8 strands of lights. LOL

Tammy- Happy Birthday and I hope it was a great one. (I am always late)

Mindee- I don't work out in front of my DH either except for the WATP tapes. Then he looks at me like I am crazy. LOL Oh well, he knows that I AM crazy.

Jane- Wow, good concert I bet. I, of course, know exactly who you are talking about. Is it still the original group? Hey, if you like amaretto, try it with orange juice. Not near as sweet but tasty. Congrats on the loss...you are doing so well.

Jules- Not too long till it will be "rockin' time" at your house. I am so excited for you.

Patty- You sound like me about the water exercise. I haven't worn a bathing suit since, ahhhh, well, I don't remember when. But I would like to do water aerobics.

Sassy- Good luck on getting the cleaning done. I hope your Mom comes for a visit and decides to live with you. It would be nice company for her and for you. If my Mom wasn't here I would be lonely when DH is in his shop all day and half the night.

Marti- Hope your power doesn't go out. The way our wind sounds we might have the same problem. Tomorrow the temp. is going to drop big time.

Cristina- Sounds like you are developing a good relationship with Josh's gf. Did you say she has children? How old are they? I might agree though about not getting too close in case it doesn't work out. But then, I wouldn't know because I have never had the chance to get close to DS's gf's. The one he was engaged to I liked a lot, but she moved to CA and then they broke up. LOL

DS got me Netflix so we have been watching movies this week. Good thing since there is nothing on t.v. Today we watched Pursuit to Happyness. It was good. Jaden Smith is a little cutie. Last night we watched Wild Hoggs and it was funny, but not as good as I expected. I am trying to get movies DH might like, but have several chick flicks in my queue.

Hello to any one I might have missed and hope you all have a wonderful week ahead.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:51 AM   #37  

Sassy~ I don't work out in front of my hubby because he has a lifetime membership to a gym here in MI, so I made the mistake of working out in front of him one time. BIG mistake! He watched what I did and then went on to let me know what I was doing wrong and the proper way to do things. I appreciate it and all.......BUT let me do things my way......I even get off the wall measurements because he will help me with my measuring and then he won't pull the measuring tape tight enough.

Sue~ I haven't seen the Pursuit of Happiness....but I have seen Wild Hogs. I liked it.....but then again I live in a house of Harley lovers, so it was pretty much a given for me!

I am off to do my exercises now that every body is in bed!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:59 AM   #38  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies...

Boy it's windy here! The power did go out for 3 hrs earlier today. Only our block! I can look across the street and see lights and tv's on! Figures eh?

During the outage, my hubby aired up my poor old exercise ball. Then, I asked him for some tips to strengthen my upper body. I proceeded to lift weights while he showed me the proper way to do them. (While trying to stay balanced on the ball) It was nice having him do this for me. When we used to go to the gym together, I was always behind him doing the exact some machine, just lower weights. But that's been years and I just don't remember it all.

He's going to print out a workout routine for me to do at home until I figure out if I want to join the gym. (money....his gym membership is free through work) He knows my goals and wants to help if he's able without pushing me. I need to keep up w/the cardio, but I really need to start toning some of the flabby muscle.

Wow....I can really hear the wind outside going nuts, I think I'm going to go ahead and shut down the computer again, just in case. I thought I would have time to do personals, but w/this crazy weather, I better wait.

You all have a great Monday tomorrow! I'm off to bed!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:15 AM   #39  

Marti~ That is great that James is helping you! Did the power go out anymore since the one time?

we are suppose to be getting some more snow over night....so I think I am going to go ahead and head to bed! I have already done my exercises.....but I have narrowed down my three problem areas......my turkey neck under the arm, my waist, and my thighs. So......now that I have those areas in my target....I am going to do all I can to get them to match the rest of the body.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #40  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Girls.

We have wind here too. They say on tv that it feels like 14 outside. But so far our power has stayed on. Marti.

Well I think I have another bug. I swear work has to be like the breeding grounds for all the germs known to man! lol. By the time you get over one bug, another one is going around! Its like non-stop bugs! lol.

So I didn't do any cleaning and I honestly just don't care. I took a shower and watched tv and that is the extent of what I've done today. I even just ate crackers because they were the only thing that sounded good and I wouldn't have to clean up afterwards! lol.

Anywho. Back to work tonight (Monday) Yippee.......I'm so thrilled. lol.

Well everybody take care.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:19 PM   #41  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Marti - I saw the previews for Tin Man. Looks pretty interesting, and is a cool concept.

Trish - I think you'd like the Debbie McComber books that are kind of linked together. The Shop on Blosson Street, A Good Yarn, and Back on Blossom Street are about a gal that opens a yarn shop, her customers, etc. The last one I mentioned isn't in paperback yet, but the other two are.

Mindee - yay for you doing your exercises!

Sassy - I hope your mom does decide to come and live with you, and we knew you were kidding about her doing the cleaning. But is she lives there, it would give her something to do during the day, and help keep her busy. She might want to cook, too. Heyyyyyyy...... tell her I have an extra room, lol.

Sue - ty for the kind words. Gary Puckett was solo, and I got some great shots. If I think of it, I'll post one for you. And Trish - I bet she'd like to see it, too. He has to be around 60 -65, don't you think, since he was famous by 1968. Amaretto and oj? I'll give it a try. I'd never had amaretto before Saturday night, when I tasted Gina's drink, lol.

Hello all others.

I got the bills paid - mostly online. Love the convenience of that! Now I have most of the day to work on a gift project for my scrapbook friends that are coming for dinner next week. I plan to do a "Let go and Let God" saying on layered papers, and frame it to hang.

Food is good, water is good. Exercise is ok.

BBL,
Old 12-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #42  
GmaTo8

Here's a photo of Gary Puckett taken at the Evansville concert Saturday night, for anyone that remembers Gary Puckett and the Union Gap. In the 60's and 70's they did Young Girl, Lady Willpower, Woman Woman, This Girl Is a Woman Now, Over You, etc. Btw, he seemed genuinely nice. The place was packed, but we had real good seats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gary puckett.jpg (11.5 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-03-2007, 12:35 PM   #43  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

I just did an extremely long post thanking everyone for the b-day wishs, individuals and talking about my NYC trip and lost it on the last paragraph due to the wind storm that we are having. Knocked the power out for a nanosecond!!

I'll wait till a little later and try to redo. Gotta get to the grocery store.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #44  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Nothing much going on today. Slept late and still feel sleepy, lol. Feeling a little run down and I hope I am not coming down with a cold, last thing I want right now.

Getting some laundry done today and had some errands to run. Had to go get more Christmas stamps and mailed round one of Christmas cards. Round one is all my military mom friends and MACS (Maka A Child Smile kids). Ran to Hallmark to pick up a some cards, almost forgot my niece's BD on Christmas Eve, and needed some Christmas Eve scented t-lites....sooo good! Had to pick up Barry Manilow's Christmas CD...I love Barry Manilow, lol. Anyway...

Hi to everyone...

Have a GREAT Monday!
Old 12-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES

Jane - Thanks for the names of the books. I will look for them. You know I remembered Gary Puckett when I saw his picture, but at the moment I can't remember the songs. I'm sure I have his music on CD so I'll have to pull it up and listen to them. You know how we were back then, we had to have all of the popular songs on hand. I paid bills this morning too. I don't pay online yet. My sister does and DH's BIL does. Hubby had someone used his credit card a couple of years ago to purchase a $3000 computer. So I'm not ready to trust using my bank online.

Well, this day 4 of Entuitive Eating and I am settling down with eating and enjoying it. I think I over did it the first few days, but I think that was normal. I heard you might gain at first and I am up some, but now that my appetite is changing and I'm not eating unless I'm hungry and I am adjusting to the idea that nothing is limited or forbidden, I think it is going to work for me. I'll let y'all know how I'm doing as I go along.

I know I missed a lot of you. Got software this morning to hopefully correct some things on my laptop. DH got me a laptop for Christmas which he let me have early. Good thing. If he can't fix it, we'll have to send it back and to shop to get me another. It won't let us access anything in My Documents. Company says we have to reload all software. He'll have to call them now and have them walk him through how to do all this. So I will catch up with all of you later.

Trish
Closed Thread