3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

That 70s Show - Losing 70ish lbs - Christmas Edition!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #76

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ok - so i'm just as confused this morning as I was yesterday. i got up and took a test first thing and there was definately a line... it was very very faint, but it was there (either that or my mind wanted it to be there) but now I'm having some spotting... grrr.. I don't feel "right" - definately not normal TOM stuff. I'm going to wait and see what today brings - if it's TOM and if not then I'll test again in a few days.

I'm sticking to plan. My exercise is low impact for the most part - so that won't be an issue either way.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:54 AM   #77
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Eny...I remeber those days. {{hugs}} you either get your + or you get your period so you can get on with life. Limbo land sucks.

I got my walk in today. I didn't want to, but I did. I think those are the best days. When you are able to talk yourself into something that is good for you.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #78
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Eny - sorry for the confusion going on in your world. I have never had that yet...so I don't really know what you are going through...although I am sure it is frustrating.

Flower - congrats on getting out there even though you did not want to! That is what get's us where we are going.

As for me - still no gym due to the cold. Don't think I will be well enough to go this evening either. Good news is the cold is making me drop lbs like they are going out of style. I'm down to 192 this morning. While that is exciting, I'm fairly certain it is 100% an effect of the cold...and not my eating habits/exercise (seeing as I am not exercising right now)...so I kind of feel like as soon as I get back to health that the lbs will either pack back on ... or something ...I don't know...I just don't feel like I have earned the weight loss...boo!

Hope y'all are steering clear of these colds!
~Amanda

Besting my Goal! Losing another 10lbs to see how it feels!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #79
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Eny - goodluck finding out one way or the other! One time when I tested, it was ONE line, which mean negative, but then I realized the ONE line, was not the same line as on the box. I called the number and they said it was a "false negative", meaning that it should have been a POSITIVE with 2 lines but I most likely had so much HCG in me, that it all soaked up on the first line.
I hope you find out soon!

Gator - sorry about your cold, I had one that lasted 3-4 weeks, made me feel awful.

(The commercial was for our local acquarium. He was in a "penguin parade".)
Old 12-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #80

well I started this morning - so i'm guessing that the faint line yesterday was either my mind playing tricks on me or a faulty test.

I'm back at the weight loss 100%. I didn't track everything yesterday - but I know I didn't do horrible either.

Right now I just got off the phone w/ my best friend - the one who's really ill and she's going back into the ER right now. So i'm sitting here at work scared to death - and crying.. not the best combo. I do ok until someone asks me if I'm ok.

AHHHH

Old 12-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #81
you can call me flower

Eny {{{{{hugs}}}}}
Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #82

Girls - i'm only up #1 this week. Not too shabby after the crazy week I've had! Plus TOM is in full force now. I'm NOT pregnant Althoguh DBF and I really want one - there are a few HUGE things we need to take care of first.

We're still going to "practice" but not "try" We'll get there! We were orginally planning on starting to "try" in June of '08 - after I lose the weight and get a few financial things in order... God is good and knows what he's doing... I needed this "scare" to kick start my a** into gear and get this done!

How is everyone else doing. I've been pretty self-absorbed this week.. I'm sorry!

Old 12-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #83
is baaaad to the bone!

Hello Ladies - Just wanted to check in as I haven't in a couple of days. Still sick with this cold....I hate it..and everyone around me is sick...including DBF as he just woke up sick this morning. Hoping it goes away soon. My knee is feeling better even though it is still ugly looking...although I get to laugh when I look at it as the cuts in my knee look like a person's face....hahaha...at least I can find a little humor.

Eny - sorry about your best friends health issues...that sucks...I won't bring it up again so you dont' have to think about it. On another note -get your *** in gear - the scale should not being going up...only down

Old 12-16-2007, 08:50 AM   #84

gator - thanks for the I need it right now!
I hope you start to feel better - and soon! It sucks to be sick on the holidays! :

Today is a new day - I revamped my New Years mini-goal. I know that I'm not going to hit the original one - but I also know that I tend to push myself a little hard and am ofter a little over zealous on goals. Expecting to lose #12 a month I've realized is a little rediculous - and as much as I want to lose all of this overnight - it's not going to happen! So my new goal is to be in the lower 1/2 of the #180's by the ball dropping.. if I surpass that great! It's a goal of #5 this month... and as crazy as the last few weeks have been I think that it's a great start!

I have one more weigh in for the work contest - and I'm still in second - so I'll still get over $50.. which is WAY cool. Actually I'm really close on the other girls heels and if I have an excellent week then i could possibly beat her!

Last edited by Enygirl : 12-16-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #85
is baaaad to the bone!

Kick her butt & win lots of money Eny!!!! Get your butt in gear...extra money is always great...I wish I had someone to pay me for losing weight!

I think I am going to drive down to the outlet mall (about 30 mins. away...argh) and see if I can find a nice pair of jeans...I am down to one pair (now with hole due to previously mentioned accident w/brother) and they are way too big. I feel to sick to go shopping, but really need to get something before next week as I have too many things to go to and not enough clothes that fit properly...

Still Sick...someone send me some drugs that work...nothing does! sniffle.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
~Amanda

Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #86

I effectively finished my workout today.. I'm TOTALLY back in the game!

I'm going to start brown bagging it again and writing down everything... I have to do this! I wrote a long blog about revamping all my goals.. go read it and leave thoughts and comments on what you all think.

Last edited by Enygirl : 12-16-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #87
you can call me flower

Amanda, I love shopping, is the outlet south of you? Maybe when it is time for new clothes for me we can meet in between and shop.

Eny, maybe you can send some holiday goodies to the person in first place so you can win easier!

I am down 2 to 190.5 today! I am almost to my Xmas goal of being out of the 190's! Woo hoo! I walked this morning. It is chilly here! Took yesterday off as I had no one to watch the kids. I cleaned my bedroom instead. It needed it desperately.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #88
is baaaad to the bone!

Flower - the outlets are in Vero Beach - just 30 minutes north of me. We can definitely make a shopping date! That would be fun! I want to try and get down into a size 10 before I do a true shopping spree!

Eny - I agree with Flower - send some junk food to the chick in first place...and keep your arse in gear! Good job getting back in the game with your workout. I think I may finally be able to get back to the gym tonight...I can breath better today! Still hacking...but it's not as bad as yesterday...or all of last week for that matter.

My scale is effectively broken. I weighed in at 192 & 192.5 all weekend...this morning...194...impossible...simply because I weighed myself 3 different times this morning within a span of 10 minutes and it read anywhere from 193.5 to 195...I just don't believe that possible because I stayed on plan yesterday & I just haven't had a problem with the scale going up since I started my journey....plus...I have had to kick my scale (literally) to get it started up for the past 3-4 months...used to be able to just stand on it...if I don't get a new one for xmas then I am buying one on the 26th! Ha! Also - I know this # is off not just because of the home fluctuations, but because my scale at work is reading correctly and I am sure my scale at the gym will be good too. Still just annoying since I know it isn't true! Argh. Damn electronics!

Congrats on being down today Flower - you are so gonna kick the butt of your Xmas goal! I passed mine last week as you know...but am hoping to be back down to under 190 by xmas. Glad my scale is clearly broken (last week it weighed me in at 210 after my b/f stepped on it and set it off - good thing I have 2 back up scales!!!)

Well, back to work! Have a fab day!
~Amanda

Old 12-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #89

I think the junk food idea is GREAT! although I don't think I can be that heartless We're both doing really good.. as of right now she's lost 7.65% from the beginning, and I've lost 6.39%... like I said we're really, really close! although - to catch up to where she is I have to lose #2.2 this week - let's hope she gains a little

Either way it's still good money - 1st pace will be over $175, and 2nd place is over $50... more then I put in.

I'm starting another contest w/ the beginning of the new year - hopefully more people will stick with it! Our first weigh in for the new one is going to be on the 2nd of Jan - right when everyone has the additional holiday pounds... starts us all off even

Old 12-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #90
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

OK...I see a few faces here that I recognize. I was one of the founding members of the "70s show" thread, and I've fallen from grace. I don't even know what I weigh right now, but it's more than when I was on here a few months ago flirting with onederland.

Will you folks have me back and help me kick my own butt into gear to lose this flab?

Start Date: June 8, 2007
Back on the Wagon: December 18, 2007 (216)
Back on the Wagon (again): October 20, 2008 (225)
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.