That 70s Show - Losing 70ish lbs - Christmas Edition!

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • Oh...p.s. - I hope what I just wrote is clear enough to understand...my brain isn't working so well right now.
  • I always had the scale in my bathroom then the high humidity made it go heywire. Placed it in the kitchen, works again. I just need to w/i dressed v/s my birthday suit. lol In pj's I was 192.5. Goal is to be in the 180's by Xmas! 3 pounds.

I really hate excersicing when I have my period but if I don't I am never gonna get anywhere. I can't just skip a week every month. I skipped yesterday and today I got up and went walking. Ya know what, it did not kill me! I have 12 hours of walking to get done by Xmas morning. I will do it!

I removed the skin from the chicken. I figured out the points and servings and I was able to have a meal that didn't kill me. Actually I only used 1.5 flex points all last week. Pretty darn amazing.

Happy Monday everyone!
  • I hope that everyone is doing good so far this week. I have the hardest time on weekends! I binged yesterday - and went about 300 cals over my limit.. not too bad - but still enough to irritate me!

I thought TOM had come on Sat - but it was just spotting.. makes me nervous that the exact oppisite may be happening - and that I might be pregnant. It would be awesome - but about a year too early! I really wanted to lose all the weight first. I'm going to pick up a test tonight and I'll keep you all posted!

Also - my BFF - who has been very ill - was back in the hospital yesterday due to complete dehydration. ugh. they can't treat the problem only the symptoms - because the only "cure" is surgery and her heart isn't strong enough for it...

I think that's why I bunged last night after I came home from the hospital. And to tell you the truth - the 2 chocolate granola bars and the little pack of combos didn't even tate good!

Ok - I just realized what I considered a binge - which it is - but if this was 6 months ago that would have read 2 king sized snickers bars and a family sized bag of Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles!!! EVEN IN MY BINGES I'M MAKING BETTER CHOICES!!!! Wow - maybe I am making life altering decisions!

Here's some for everyone this week. I'll keep you all posted on what's happening. I'm honestly hoping that TOM is just staling due to the exercise changes that I've made. I still feel like I'm PMSing.
  • Gator - thanks, I will use it as an incentive to stay focused. Rather GET focused, then stay focused.
    I know what you mean about LB, I never shopped there until this past year when I hit the 16 and now 18.
    I remember one time, when I was around a size 10, I was out shopping with a friend at the mall and we approached LB, she SLOWLY walked by and said "So, is there any place else you'd like to go?". WTF?
    Where did those traveling pants go? Someone started a thread about traveling pants so that we all wouldn't need to shop for new clothes as we lose weight.
    By the time I fit in anything again everything will be out of style!
    Gator - OMG - about your accident! Sorry about your jeans but glad over all you are okay. Sorry about your cold too, I just had one for 4 weeks.

As for plans -- I don't have one this week, I'm sorry to say it but each and every day I have new things to deal with, we have no schedule other than that of the kids. Now I'm off to take our 3 yr old to the Dr because he has an awful cold and pukes when he coughs. Lovely.

by the way , I'm not getting on a scale for a few weeks. I can't face it.
  • Flower -- good luck on the 3 pounds to go, I have every confidence that you will meet and most likely EXCEED your Christmas goal!!!
  • Enygirl - thanks for the willpower dust, I need it!
  • Eny...you test yet?
  • no I haven't - as I was leaving work I started getting killer cramps again - biggst sign for me that TOM is coming. although he still hasn't shown up. I figure if he's not here by the morning I'll stop on my way to work. I'm not too stressed about it. For once I'm eating right - exercising regularly - and I quit smoking almost 3 months ago.
  • Ok - I took a test this morning and it was negative. My body will quite frequently freak out when I'm under a lot of stress - and since I just got a promotion at work, I'm working about 60 hours a week.. My best friend is very ill - I have a lot on my plate.

I binged again last night... I'm doing SO good on the exercising - but for some reason the last week has been SO hard to avoid bad foods! Yesterday I had Sweet and Sour chicken.. so basically - fat, fried fat with a little fat on the side!!! And it showed on the scale this morning - It read #191.4!!!! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh Back at #190's - AND #4 UP FROM LAST FRIDAY!!!!

I have 2 more weigh ins for the contest at work! NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR ME TO BE F*ING UP!!!!

Someone please just come and sew my mouth shut for the next two weeks - or or SOMETHING!!!!
  • Good morning ladies - hope everyone is doing well. I am still battling a cold...so I didn't get to the gym last night (it was a realy fight in my head because I wanted to go very badly...but knew it would only make things worse). Keeping on track other than that...

2Bthin - how is your week going?

Eny - sorry about the killer cramps. I used to have fairly rough TOM's...but in the past 4-5 years they have really died down...I feel old!

Flower - we can both try to be in the 180's for Christmas...I hit 193 this morning (no doubt in part to this cold I have) but I have already passed my Christmas goal of 195...so maybe I can get to the 180's with you!
  • Gator - WTG on passing the goal early that's AWESOME! I keep creeping in THE WRONG DIRECTION! The only thing going right is the exercise!!! It's insane! Girls - I need , and from all of you right now!! AAAHHHH!!!!
  • Eny, you are probably retaining water from your cycle about to start. Do not give up! If you can get out and do a bit of excercise it will be easier to stay away from evil food! (gosh I want Chinese now!)

Gator, CONGRATS! Come join me on my quest. I am going to WDW next month and I would like my other shorts to be a bit more roomy for the trip. My current shorts will me much too big by then.

2bethin... I bet the scale isn't as bad as you think it might be. I thinking facing the music might help stop any more slipping. {{{hugs}}}
  • Eny - just "fyi" when I was pregnant with our first, I had the worst cramps EVER. It never occurred to me that I could be pregnant. I was on the phone with my sister in law and told her I'd been in bed with a heating pad for a week because the cramps were so bad, and my period was late. She said I could be pregnant and to take a test, sure enough I was 6 weeks along! I was feeling the "implantation" I guess! LOL

ANYWAY --- off subject here ----- My son is going to be in a commercial! I'm really excited for him, but we have to get up at 4am and arrive at 5am. I need to keep our 3 yr old busy and occupied for 4 hours !!! UGH. But at the same time I'm excited that our 5 yr old gets this chance. I haven't told any of my friends yet, they might think it's something silly, but we're proud !!!

How is my week? Need you ask, seriously! My week is awful. I am the worst in our 70s group. I have hardly lost a darn thing and have excuse after excuse as to why I'm not on a schedule and doing better.
    I was in Old Navy today and saw so many cute clothes....I'm trying to stay focused that's all I can say.
  • Wow a commercial, very cool! What type of product?
  • I'm going to take another test in the morning... I'm 1/2 & 1/2 on if it'd be good or bad. When I took it this morning - it wasn't first thing in the morning and the lines - (including the control line) were really faint. My period is 2 weeks late. ugh. The good news is that I'm still 20+ pounds lighter now then when I got pregnant 6 years ago w/ DD. Silver linings.. right?

I hope all is well with everyone else