Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls!
Gator - I would LOVE to see the 50's here - it'd make this training SO much better! I've been doing it though. Tuesdays I have to do an indoor walk/jog.

My mini-victory today - I'm in a size 16!! WOO HOO! It's the one pair of pants that I kept.

Also - a co-worker of mine gave me a bunch of clothes that she doesn't fit anymore. She's kinda my inspriation. She went from the #190's to now she's in the low #140's in less then a year... so she gave me clothes that she shrunk out of. Which is great because a lot of my stuff is starting to get too big. it's like a new wordrobe w/ out the cost!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #47  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Eny...that is AWESOME!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #48  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Eny - you are training to run a 5k? I'm very motivated to do the same. I'm a little fearful because I run inside on the elliptical and will have to convert to doing some outdoor running (which is much harder for me - shin splints - yuck!). However, I am determined and have been looking for some local 5k's to run...there are lots...but I think I should look for one in March...that will give me time to lose some of this hunk of flab I carry with me every day so that running outdoors will be easier. Oh..and if you think I haven't thought of it already...one day I want to be a marathoner. Yup...the big one...and not just any marathon...but also the triathalons. How cool would that be? I know I am a ways off...but then again, I see women bigger than me doing them...in any case, not that motivated to jump into it tomorrow...but would love to be able to some of those in my "haha" spare time. I really can't wait to lose some more weight so that I will be able to run and compete more!

Things are going well work out wise for me...really on track and doing over 5 miles per night at what I believe to be a good rate/resistance.

Man...I logged on with so much to say and I am so tired I think I forgot it all. I will check you all in the morning when I get a free moment. Have a great day!
~Amanda
Old 12-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #49  

Gator - actually I'm training to walk it. I haven't had any problems w/ shin splints (thank god!) but my calf muscles are really sore today. I don't think I'm properly stretching them.

try looking around this site: www.runnersworld.com There's a lot of great advice, and some organized training programs.

This week I've been very blah.. I've determined that the walking just isn't enough for me - and I'm going to go back to the Slim in 6 IN ADDITION TO the 5K training. I've been over eating the last few days - and I'm hoping that doing good over the past weekend, Monday and today will make up for Tues. & Wed. snafus... tomorrow is weigh in day, and I'd LOVE to see a couple pound drop! Only #8.7 - til the New Year - which secretly is my Christmas wish - not goal, but wish
Old 12-06-2007, 11:44 PM   #50  
is baaaad to the bone!

Thanks for the site eny - haven't had a free moment to check it out - but can't wait!

Did 5.3 miles on the elliptical tonight @ good resistance and in 1hr. 6 min. Feels good.

I'm starting to feel bones in my body - where my skin is pulling on them because there is much less fat. Very exciting!

Hope everyone has a great night!
~Amanda
Old 12-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #51  
you can call me flower

I will be switching my routine up after Xmas. Don't want to get in a rut. Not sure what I will do, I will check those sites out as well.

I broke a tooth the other day. Went to dentist. Got a long list of things to be done. Gotta find $. That is on my mind and then my 7 year old broke his arm, he gets his cast on today. Always something.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #52  
is baaaad to the bone!

Flower - I'm sorry you aren't having the greatest week. This is a tough time of year for unexpected expenses!

Keep your head up!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #53  
you can call me flower

Because of you all, I jogged/walk intervals today for 40 minutes! I have not run since high school 20 years ago! Woo hoo!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #54  
is baaaad to the bone!

Because of who you want to be - you jogged/walked today! Congrats on making the first step Flower! Keep it up - you will start to love it - I promise!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #55  

Flower WAY TO GO! that's awesome! And remember it's not because of us - it's because of you. we're just here to support you along the way!

Gator Great job on the ellipical - 5.3 in just over an hour is AWESOME!

Today's weigh in went pretty good. I'm down #1.4 this week. Not much more before I hit my New Years Goal! I did the full 5K walk last night - time was 54 mins. I'm proud. it was really cold and windy yesterday.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #56  
you can call me flower

BUT I wouldn't of even attempted it if your rescent posts weren't still in my head this morning. Oh, I did it for me, don't get me wrong, but you planted the idea there.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #57  

I'm proud - I planted a good - not taking over the world idea in someone's head! Good job on the starting a new adventure! It's fun.. although i'm just now getting over the grumpies from switching routines!
Old 12-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #58  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Wow everyone is doing so great with their workouts! Applause all around for each of you !
Today was a bad day for me. I went to Lane Bryant because it's the weekend, my husband was home watching the boys, and I had some time to just get out and shop ...and take my time....I did mostly Christmas shopping for my husband, but saw Lane Bryant and walked in. I rarely shop there, because their customer service is horrible....they never say 'hello, may I help you?".
So anyway....they had a store wide sale 40%.
I had to cave and purchase a size 18 pair of jeans.
And here I thought a 16 would be the largest size I ever wore. I wore 16 last winter, I can still get them on, but not without the muffin top. So I wanted something comfortable. The 18s snap, without much effort, no sucking in the gut and squirming, so I'm hoping in another 10 pounds they'll be loose.
ANYWAY, while I was shopping a lady came up to me and said "do you mind if I ask you a personal question" I didn't have a chance to reply and she said "I'm shopping for a friend of mine, and she is about your size, what size shirt do you buy".
I had to confess that I rarely shop at Lane Bryant and have only bought pants there. I told her in the "real world", Macys, Pennys, Old Navy, etc...I like to buy an XL , so I don't really know my "number" size.
I walked out of there feeling like a pig.
She might not have intended anything, but I just felt like a stuffed sausage.
She was over weight herself, just about 5 inches shorter than me.
Ooops , date night is about to start .....gotta run, lucky you ! Otherwise I'd ramble about this another 30 minutes.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #59  
you can call me flower

2bethin {{{hugs}}}} She meant nothing by it. Although, who buys clothing as a gift anymore unless they know for SURE of a size. Strange person.

It is my time of the month so today is a no excersice day. I gotta plenty of housework to burn up the calories. My #2 son's birthday is today too. 14. He wants fried chicken. I better go look up points before I go.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #60  
is baaaad to the bone!

2bthin - I know how you feel. I have hated when people in the past have asked me this. They just dont' know how hard we work at hiding our numbers because we are ashamed. It hurts...they don't realize it...on another note...I'm going to tell you to take what this person asked you with stride and use it as a motivating factor to get down a size in pants. One size and you will be on cloud 9. I started out this journey as a size 18 and XL shirt...with most of my shopping being at Old Navy (thank god they are one of the few stores that doesn't have a plus size dept but all clothes mixed in). I have refused to shop at LB just because to me...I am never going to be plus sized (even though I still am.) I am now down to size 16 and L shirt...and haven't gone shopping yet...but have some 16's that are too large on me. Please use this awful moment as another stepping stone to keep you on track in your journey. You can do it, I can do it. Keep your head up darling! P.S. You are not a cow. I was not a cow. We are human beings who have lived in ruts in our lives and are digging ourselves out. Plain and simple. What are your plans this week for eating and exercising?

Flower - good luck with the weekend! I would need it if I was you! What are your exercise plans for the coming week? How many days?

Eny - how's it going? Keeping warm? How is your program going?

As for me...about noon yesterday my throat started hurting. I have gotten a full blown cold. Yuck! Was able to get out yesterday after working most of the day to get some Christmas shopping done - while feeling yucky - but still did not finish - Damn the holidays! Just kidding - I love them - usually just more ahead of the game by now. I am starting to feel old - (I'm 27) because I haven't been to the mall in months I guess and the stores were difficult to navigate - tried finding a box set of CD's and seems as though stores just don't carry that kind of thing these days - at least not like what I remembered. Ugh! Shopping online is my savior! Also - bad news exercise wise - my younger brother had to slam on brakes in his truck yesterday - while I was laying down in back seat trying to rest on way to mall - I went flyer and landed (yes...this is a crazy story) after hitting the back of the seats - on some straps that he uses to tie down his ATV - that were on the floor board - it would have been okay had they just been straps - but no - they have these hard & heavy metal spikes in them - which cut through my jeans (which are big and baggy because I have lost so much weight - so I am not totally sad that they now have a hole in them). In any case - I am now the proud owner of a left knee with 3 gashes in it along with 3 gumball sized knots. I don't require myself to work out on the weekends - and between the cold I have and the knee issue - It's not happening for me this weekend - just hoping and wishing that this won't hold me back this week...it will be really depressing if it does. Boo hoo! I hate bad days.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and getting lots done.
Closed Thread