Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #16  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Had a great workout tonight. Upped my weights by 10lbs....felt good. Hope everyone is doing well. I had a semi-bad lunch. It's called Dale's here in my small town - bbq that is. Although, I had a grilled chicken sandwich (med. sized I'd say), unsweet tea...and steak fries. Good news is I only ate about 1/2 the fries..and they were a small serving. Only reason I did it was because a friend in sales was driving thru and could meet me then. Probably still well within my calorie range...just not overly healthy. I don't feel awful about it - but had the need to confess.

Other than that...good workouts so far this week and am overly happy about that. Well, good night and check in tomorrow!
Old 11-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #17  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Elisa - hello! So glad you are joining us!

flower ~ way to go on the 6 hours of walking! You're a machine!

amanda, boy I wish I could dedicate 2 hours to the gym every morning. That would be awesome! Unfortunately I work from 6-2:30 every day. However, I'm thinking you have the right idea.... scheduling time at the gym. I could use that to my advantage with my work schedule. Usually DH doesn't get home until 4:00 and my gym is right down the street from my work (which means I shouldn't have any excuses!!) I should just schedule gym time from 2:45-3:45 every day.

I DID get to the gym last night, though! I got to try out the rowing machine and I really liked it. It obviously worked because I finally (fearfully) stepped on the scale this morning and I am down to 197.4!!!! I've finally broken 198! It's a good morning.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #18  
is baaaad to the bone!

Yay Anna! Congrats on the scale movement....and getting to the gym. I know I made up a lot of excuses as to why I couldn't get to the gym in the past (years ago) and you know what - I don't have any now. My health and well being are just more important than almost anything else in life. Also - I cancelled my cable television - so those tv shows that used to keep me waiting for them and not wanting to miss them...aren't there to entice me anymore! I honestly thing evening tv was a major factor in keeping me away from the gym in the past. It's crazy - but I was mentally scheduling out my tv time each night around what show I wanted to watch. I haven't had tv since July and feel just fine without it. although...I do catch up on some faves online at different network sites....but those will wait for when I have time...which is nice!

Still weighing the same this morning...but not a big deal...working out hard this week has probably been the reason behind some of it. I don't really care cause I'm in the 190's and that is just fabulous!

Well, I hope everyone has a fab day!
~Amanda
Old 11-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #19  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Anna-congrats for breaking that plateau!
Amanda~you are so close to your Xmas goal, you will do it!
Hi Elisa! I new here too. Well, to this group, not to the site.

I went to an indoor swap meet today thinking it opened at 8, nope, 9:30. So instead of coming home, son and I walked around Lowe's for an hour til the pharmacy opened. I think the employess thought I was nuts, but it was cool in there. The humidity is too high for me this morning to walk outside. I ended up buying a piece of plexiglass and I am thinking of making a modern version of a tapletop xmas tree. It will be a triangle with red lights. Gotta talk to hubby and see if my plan will work, hate to cut into it and find out I wasted a good heavy sheet of plexi. lol No real tree here this year. The kittens would knock down every ornament they could and the baby would destroy the ones the cats knocked off.

Yesterday was a 1/2 hour walk. I probably didn't eat enough, but I had more than enough the day before. All balances out.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #20  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Do you guys have room for one more?

I need all the support I can get.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

2fat4myjeans - I'm sorry - but I just read your post from yesterday. I'm here to tell you that you need to get your act together! Consider this your official butt kicking! and yes I did read from this morning that you did make it to the gym... just felt like kicking your butt anyhow - sorry.. I'm in a goofy mood.

Mom2- I'm not by any means athority.. but I say the more the merrier! I need as many people in my life as possible working towards the "same" goal as me and ae willing to share in the challenges and victories - along with inspiring, motivating and keeping my "shrinking daily" butt in line.

For me - the scale has been in the 180's the last 2 days - and I'm geeked beyond belief!!! Official weekly weigh in is tomorrow - I'll keep you posted.. although I ate like crap today, and was about 300 cals over my daily limit - but it was a lunch meeting at a restaurant that even their salads are loaded and dinner at Chuck E. Cheese for a fundraiser for DD's school. I'll just do the extra ab routine tonight to burn those added cals. Might not work - but it'll make me feel better about it.

Last edited by Enygirl; 11-29-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #22  
Am I there yet?

LOL, thanks Enygirl!! I needed that swift kick in the butt! I did get to the gym again yesterday, although I was pooped so I only got in about 25 minutes of exercise. Oh well...better than nothing at all! We have my company's christmas party tonight, so I get to play dress up... but I'm also afraid I'll go overboard since it's free drinks and food up the wazoo! I need to make sure I eat a sensible lunch and maybe a small snack before dinner.

Well I am actually down to 196.8 today, but I think it's water weight, as I didn't get to eat much breakfast or lunch, but did eat a good sized dinner and my calories came out to just a bit over what I was aiming for. I am not moving my ticker just yet, and we'll see how I survive the weekend.

Mom2SBM - of course you are welcome here! Like enygirl said, the more the merrier
Old 11-30-2007, 09:30 AM   #23  

2F4J Any workout is better then no workout! Stick with it girl! You are SO close to your Christmas goal!!! YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF!

Flower how did the plexiglass tree turn out? I LOVE doing crafts! Actually a friend at work just gave me the cutest pattern for a crocheted tree. I'm going to make it over the weekend!

As for me - I'm GEEKED BEYOND BELIEF!!! Official Weigh in was this morning and I'm at #188.7! I HAVE OFFICIALLY KISSED THE 190'S GOODBYE!!!

This makes reaching the goal of kissing the #180's goodbye for New Years SO much easier!!! WOO HOO ME!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:20 AM   #24  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Eny-Congrats on saying goodbye to the 190's! That is my goal as well! I will be working on the tree this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon. I had to deal with all 4 kids yesterday. They all needed to do something or go somewhere ect.

Mom2... glad you could join us!
Anna~just getting to the gym is 1/2 the battle!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #25  
is baaaad to the bone!

Eny - congrats on getting rid of the 190's...I can't wait for that to happen...not sure it will happen before the end of the year - but heck - my mini-goal was only 195 and I'm close!

2f4mj - good job on working out - try and get at least one hour in a day - 5 days a week...gym or something else. I personally like the gym best...but what works for me will not necessarily work for you! work it out!

Mom2 - check back often...it's a nice release and relief to see so many regular people going through the same things as we are. Enjoy!

My week has been good - broke into onederland...but have stalled there...I don't mind that so much...I just (like everyone else) love love love when the scale moves. I'm sure it will in a few more days - I'm cyclical like that.

Have a great weekend everyone and eat smart and workout hard!
~Amanda
Old 11-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #26  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Mom2 - welcome!

Looks like everyone is on the right track, and staying focused! Great job everyone!!!
As for me, I think my never ending cold is FINALLY over.
Got on the scale yesterday -- 219. Least it's not in the 220's .
I looked in the mirror and want to puke, but that's nothing new!
I won't weigh again for another week.
Just hope I see 210 by Christmas.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:18 PM   #27  
Am I there yet?

WAY TO GO, 2BThin!!!!!!! Say goodbye to the 220's...you're not going to ever see them again! Only 9 more pounds to go...you can do it!
Old 11-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #28  
is baaaad to the bone!

That is fabulous 2bthin! Glad to hear you are feeling better as well! Keep up the work and you will be out of the 200's in no time!

How is everyone else doing today? Working hard towards our goals?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #29  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Red face

Hello all! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have stuck to all my mini-goals this week. Right now, I am enjoying my reward for sticking to this. My wonderful husband is watching the 3 kids, cooking, and cleaning up for the night. I will tell you....just this reward kept me on my treadmill this week. This is the first week into my new changes. I am making small changes a week. Everyweek I am making a change to my diet, cardio, and toning exercises. This week was to stick to the following for 5 out of 7 days: 3 quarts of water/day, 10 minutes on the treadmill, and 100 set-ups. New mini-goals on Monday. One week at a time. I am trying to at least loose 5 pounds a month.

Rachel
Old 12-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #30  

GOOD MORNING GIRLS!!!!
It's beautiful outside - a brisk 33 degrees.. we're supposed to get snow storms - and I'm beginning my training for the 5K walk tomorrow! Yea - I'm smart. Everyone thinks I'm crazy - but we're 8 weeks exactly from race day - and I don't want to stroll it - I'll get even more cold! So I'm bundling up, and going out for an hour "easy" walk this evening.

My end of the year goal seems so close right now - I can almost taste it! only #9.2 pounds this month to go.. totally doable! It's a good day.

Last edited by Enygirl; 12-01-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Closed Thread