Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #16  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies ~

I just deleted my post my mistake.

Thank you all again for your support. You are all truly amazing.

Shimmeringsun ~ Definitely continue to post with us even though you take your two weeks off. You may also want to think about drinking extra water or working out a little extra to keep the "damage" to a minimal post holiday weight in. OR you could feel free to tell me to shut up and just enjoy the two weeks without thinking about it!!

Faerie ~ Awesome job on the treadmill. The TV does make it go by quicker, doesn't it? I won't even, ahem, say anthing, ewww, about Judge Judy. lol I haven't even started my shopping yet but I do have my lists made so I'm ready. I get annoyed with the rude shoppers as well ruining my Christmas spirit with their crankiness.... hmmm... maybe I should start pelting them with snowballs in the parking lot anytime someone is rude. It wouldn't stop anyone else but it would make me smile.

Lola ~ It was your post that got me thinking to share my store with you so I give you some of the credit. OR the blame for those who hate reading long posts... ya, that's it... blame Lola!! BTW... get your butt back here more often.. we miss you.

Shy ~ First of all, thank you for your PM and for sharing with me. It is amazing how the events in our life change us as the years go on, isn't it? I think it is an amazing gift to be able to look at a situation through someone else's eyes and alter our own response to it. NOW... Dew Candy? I think you have a serious addiction. lol Oh ya, and the snow belt thing.... pfffttt, if YOU loved me you'd give me a break since I've had to do it way more than you've had to!!!

OK ladies... gonna go before I lose this post too! ugh. Will check in later before my scrapbook ladies show up. It's Tuesday afterall.... scrapbooking from 6-9 every Tuesday. I'm actually working on my Christmas cards right now, making those instead of scrapping pages. Have a great day ladies!!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #17  
Made of Starstuff

"Don't be rude in stores or OLT will pelt me with a snowball!!!" Got it!
Have fun at your scrapbooking group! Making x-mas cards eh? That sounds really cool!
Old 11-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #18  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

onelasttime
Don't you just hate when that happens.

I think what separates us from most animals is learning from our past. A deer will cross the road at the same spot all the time until it is finaly hit by a car. Deer will go to a salt lick that all of a sudden shows up out of no where and won't stop doing this until their Uncle Fester is hit by an arrow lol. Personally I would find it hard not to drink the mountain dew that shows up in the woods out of no where but I think I could keep myself from drinking it. Ok, maybe not but I would try lol. We tend to learn to look both ways and not pick up that Goochie bag that just shows up in the woods.

I have learned to smile. I travel life now at a turtles pace and I stop and smell the roses. There is nothing much that gets me in a hurry except maybe a sale on mountain dew. Hmmmm maybe I do have a problem lol. I wake up each morning and thank God I have another day to...yell at the kids, complain about how everyone messes up my house and wish I lived in a bubble all alone lol.

Now if I could just figure out why my kids will go to the neighbors house and shovel snow for six hours without a complained and yet, won't go to the mail box for me because it is to cold out. I will be the smartest woman in the world. I swear last year my son shoveled more snow than demons in **** shovel coal. Yet, it took him all day, and then it still wasn't done, to shovel my drive. I just do it myself. Good exercise is how I am going to look at it this winter. I have a snow blower but the darn thing is heavy and it and I tend to fight. Have to say it usually wins.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-27-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 PM   #19  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Shy what no two for me? Oh that is how I got this hot body! Its like at buffets I NEVER learn I swear everytime I go I always eat too much, after all this time you think I would learn......but nope eat till I pop! I love your comment about the only thing that will make you quick is a sale on Mountain Dew

Faerie oh I will be posting, I would miss you all too much if I stayed away for two weeks! You cannot keep me away! Plus you gotta love those christmas eve dinners!

OneLastTime no I wouldn't tell you to shut up, you are just trying to support me and I really appreciate it! Anyways I think what my whole plan is, I will still eat my regular foods I eat now during the day, still drink my water actually I love water I can't go without it, then it will just be if people bring in treats or something I won't deny myself of them the week before christmas. I know on the 21st we are having a pot luck at work and you know there won't be healthy food there so that is why I was saying I was going to have a "break" just to enjoy those days. To me christmas is the hardest time for me to deny myself anything. Hopefully I won't go gung ho and gain 10 pounds! But even if I do I know you are all here to support me!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #20  
Rennie

Shimmering
I was on the phone with the hubby. I was reading what I had typed. He said something like, you know girl that woman is right. You have a serious problem. I am going to cut off your supply of mountain dew. I said oh that is just fine, I will cut off your supple of pot roast. He decided I could have my mountain dew lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 11-27-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:42 AM   #21  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Shy you pick the right tatic there go for the pot roast then things get serious *LOL*

Well I promised to tell the good with the bad! Every night I have a healthier snack with the left over calories I have, so I had bought a bag of these pita thins (which I LOVE) and I usually don't open them during the week as I know I can't just have a few. Anyways I break down and open them, weigh out what I can have and put the bag away, well 20 mins later the rest of the bag comes out and gets eaten, and then I had 3 snack cakes on top of that
Yeah not to proud of myself right now, don't know what my problem was last night but I couldn't stop eating! Anyways back to normal today but I wanted to be honest and tell you guys as we have all had those days!

I hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:43 AM   #22  

morning ladies! i'm not ususally on here in the morning but i'm covering for someone on a later shift today so i do't have to leave for work quite so early. i used to love 2nd shift, but with my 4 year it just doesn't work. i like being home to put him to bed.

faerie keep up the good work on the treadmill! as for christmas shopping, i'm a last minute shopper. it doesn't make sense because i hate those crowds the week before christmas and for some reason i still find myself there. i haven't started getting really excited about christmas yet because i'm thinking about all the money i'm gonna be spending on present

shimmering i don't think i'll be able to take a break like that from my "diet" for christmas, cuz i have taken an unplanned break for the past week and gained a pound back!!! i just couldn't resist all the leftover desserts in our fridge. i'm getting back on track this morning (that's what i said yesterday morning). i was so strict on eating healthy when i started WW in oct, but nov has not been nearly as good. i need to get motivated again like i was at the beginning! and i do the exact same thing and buy a bunch of healthy snacks, and then i eat the entire bag or something. sheesh.

shy i wish i could convince my family to do a gift exchange cuz money is tight. but every time i suggest it, my sister just wrinkles her nose. even though she doesn't have a lot of money either, she absolutely LOVES picking out the perfect gift for each of us. ugh. she and i are VERY different LOL. sure i get some joy out of finding that perfect gift for someone i care about. but i rarely find anything that perfect. and about the turtles pace, i move at a turles pace but it's not to smell roses, it's just cuz i'm lazy.

OLT suuuurre just blame it all on me LOL anyway, you're right i should be here more often. thanks for kicking my butt. i'm really gonna try!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #23  
Rennie

Countrygirl
Call it lazy or call it conserving energy lol. I tend to be the one that makes things happen. Surprises you doesn't it lol. I said we are going to start doing a gift exchange and that is what happened. We are the rich ones of the family and we don't have any money lol. One of his family balked at this idea, she didn't want to be involved in that. Well she got nothing for Christmas that year because her name wasn't in the hat lol. I love to shop on Christmas eve. I go out that night and pick up odds and ends and thinking about a new toy boy. Mine is getting a bit long in the tooth lol. Come on 36 years old is not 28 anymore. I tell him this and he just gives me a look that is suppose to scare me or something. Just looks like a little boy trying to look mean to me and I laugh.

Shimmering
Some days there is nothing to do but snack a little. Get back on the horse and ride girl. Just don't stop at a hitching post tonight lol. I am never quite sure if the man married me for my long nails or my cooking. Both can be used as weapons or bribes lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:02 PM   #24  
Made of Starstuff

Hey all you sexy & gorgeous chicas!

Well, I was all proud of myself on Monday... yeah, now my foot is injured. *big hilarious sigh* Figures, right? I'm having fun doing something I thought I'd never do and then I can't do it.

It hurts some when walking, and part of it is a little swollen and red. So that means staying off of it as much as possible the next few days to let it recover from whatever I did to it. (Or, knock on wood, going to a foot doctor if a couple of days doesn't take care of it.)

I'm disappointed, because I TRULY have started to enjoy my time on the treadmill just walking everything out. It's okay... I'll be extra careful about what I do, keep the offending foot elevated in the evenings. Besides, exercising on an injured anything is not exactly helping me be healthy, and since being healthy is what I want, then it's rest time. I'll have to be on here reading more posts to keep away from the snacks during regular walking time.

Shy, you are one crazy woman going out Christmas Eve to shop. I went ONCE years ago... never... again.

Shimmering, we all have indeed have those days. (Remembering some of mine... ) You've got the right attitude about it. Being honest (to yourself, too, not just to us!) and realizing it wasn't the best choice, but the next time the idea pops up that "Oh, just tonight I'm sure I can manage with just a few..." you'll remember this and hopefully make the better choice. It's not always easy getting back to normal the day after, either, so way to go You can do it

This is just something that I've been thinking about...

I'm the type of person who, upon seeing something a friend/family member may like, will buy small trinkets or gifts all throughout the year. Nothing big at all and certainly not often, just little things. I think of them as gifts. Freely given, nothing expected, and after all, for me, that's what a gift is. A gift! And oh boy, it seems the meaning of the word has changed over the years...

I only bring it up (and maybe this is really a rant about my roommate ), because my roommate has begun her talk of her friends planning getting together to exchange gifts, and she "doesn't want to spend a lot of money, doesn't like so-and-so, doesn't want to do anything, feels obligated, hopes she gets something good". I guess it's just annoying to me since I always want to keep gift giving as well... giving, and not "expecting". (And she ruins my happy holidays mood when she gets into it...grrr)

The getting together to exchange gifts sounds perfectly nice and all, and I completely understand her not wanting to spend a bunch of money (who has an endless supply???) but I don't see why she doesn't just bow out, buy or create things for who she wants to if and because she wants to, not just participate and dread the whole thing.

Maybe the whole problem with Christmas gift giving is that it's become an obligation. It is expected of certain people... I just wish I could take that and throw it away. I like gifts... but I want the gifter to want to give.

In the end what I think my entire point is... and boy it took me awhile to get here... is that when I give a gift. It is a gift. I want the person to enjoy it, use it, whatever it is that people do with gifts. But, that I hope I never expect anything in return. Well... except for maybe a "Thanks for thinking of me!".

Sorry for such a strange, long rant about nothing!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:29 PM   #25  
Rennie

Faerie
You take it easy. You DO NOT want your feet messed up like mine because you don't stay off of them.

I love the gift exchange. We have plenty of money for day to day things but we don't have money to blow. I get the kids stuff all thru the year. I wait until nov to do the gift exchange gifts. I make sure I get something I know they will like. We have an upper limit but no lower limit. It isn't cost it is thought.

One year I got a pretty towel for my kitchen. They didn't have a lot of money and they knew I would love it. It could have cost 500 dollars or 5 cents. Didn't matter to me. I loved it and they knew I would. Heck we buy gifts at yard sales lol. One year I said I wanted a pair of slippers. I have such small feet it is hard to find ones to fit that don't have big bird on them. One of the girls went to yard sales all summer and bought every pair of slippers she found. Some of them cost her 5 cents lol. I had 25 pairs of slippers that winter to choose from until I found a pair I liked. I still wear them lol and they are now falling apart. Think next Christmas I am going to say slippers again.

You rant all you like. I have always enjoyed the gifts that came from the heart, one year a niece knitted a scarf for me. Oh it was horrible lol. She said it will look pretty with your coat. Now that lumpy scarf didn't look all that great with my cashmere coat but I wore it and still wear it. I loved it. The gifts that cost aren't always the gifts that are given with love.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #26  
Made of Starstuff

I completely agree. Giving should not be about the money. It should be something everyone can enjoy!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:32 PM   #27  
Sandra

Hi Ladies ~

Faerie ~ Stay off that foot... Remember the R.I.C.E. method... Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation as much as possible. Also take some Ibuprofen to decrease the swelling and ensure quicker healing. I'll send you a bill in the mail. You can pay me with chocolate. Oh crap... that's right... I'm not supposed to be paid in chocolate anymore. Fine... buy me a carrot!!

I agree with you guys about the Christmas shopping thing. It's so annoying to listen to people complain that they HAVE to buy gifts. For the love of God, if you don't want to, grab your "courage" and don't do it. Otherwise hush up and let the rest of us enjoy the season. Looks like I'm gonna have to stockpile those damn snowballs. lol

Shy ~ "Just don't stop at a hitching post tonight." OMG... You just crack me up constantly. Your husband must just look at you and shake his head sometimes. Hope you're doing well.

Lola ~ Oops... was hoping you wouldn't see me secretly (in front of everyone of course) blaming you!! tee hee.... Ya, I agree with the shift thing. I mostly work days but when I have to do an evening shift I hate it. I love being home when it's bedtime. My daughter is older so if I work a 2nd shift I leave before she is home from school and don't see her until the next day when she is home from school. It's a bummer.

Shimmering ~ Don't feel bad about your night of snacking. Well, feel a little bad so it helps you to not do it again but what is done is done. Part of being honest with us also keeps us accountable for our actions. I'm telling you... the other night when I went to the movies, the only thing and I seriously mean THE ONLY THING that kept me from buying popcorn was reporting back here after the movie so it really does help.

I'll check in later ladies!!! take care

Last edited by OneLastTime; 11-28-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #28  
Rennie

onelasttime
My husband looks at me sometimes and shakes his head, wonders what on earth he has gotten himself into. He loves my sense of humor and wonders how someone who makes everyone laugh can be so painfully shy face to face lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:04 PM   #29  
Sandra

Come on Shy, you're telling me that if we met for lunch you would suddenly be all shy and quiet on me?? I have a hard time believing that with that awesome smartass kind of humor you have.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:51 PM   #30  
Rennie

onelast
Let me tell you a little story lol. I play euchre with a bunch of people. When we get to gather ( all of us ) there are about 200 of us. We started playing on line and moved it to offline. We meet at peoples houses that have lots of room sometimes there are 6 pairs of us sometimes 20 pairs or more. I was the FLASH the dealer girl online. Flirted with everyone and always had a one liner. ( Wolf would send me pm's saying " I THINK THAT IS QUITE ENOUGH" LOLOLOLOL. Wolf and I met playing euchre with these people on line. He tryed to tell them over and over. I am not quite face to face as I am on line ( understatement ), I am very shy.

The president of our club decided he was going to meet us face to face a week before we had our first big face to face get together. I am the person that brings in new members. We met and had lunch. That night he told everyone while we were playing euchre on line. She is more of an armpit hider than a husband stealer lol. No one believed him either lol. Well we all met and we all played. Most of the night I was red faced and hiding behind wolf because they ( the men ) all talked to me like they did on line.

It took about 5 years for me to be able to talk to them face to face like I did on line lol. Now I have a two layer shirt. I flip the first layer up and the under layer says FLASH. I have had more than one man mess up his deal because of that shirt lol.

One on one I might be ok but if there is more than a couple of people I clam up until I really get to know people. I am much better around woman than I am around men.
Closed Thread