3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Short Chicks

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #91

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Is anyone else having a really really bad week? The only thing I've managed to do right this week is exercise... but the weight just keeps stacking on! I know a lot of it's water - and the fact that I've eaten like crap... but SERIOUSLY!!!

I have to be good the rest of the week.. and work my butt off literally! I HAVE TO SEE A DROP ON FRIDAY! THere's only 2 more weigh ins for my work contest!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #92
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Hubby and i were out to dinner once. The waitress kept calling him honey and smileing and flirting with him. This was a fairly nice place not Mels Dinner. I finaly turned to her and asked if she had known my husband longer than I thought. Then I turned to him and asked he wanted to know this woman better, it was so funny to see his face while he was trying not to laugh. She went on about she didn't know what I ment. I said you call a womans husband Honey you better be ready to move him in and pay for the divorce. The people at the table next to us started laughing. The woman tryed to stop laughing as she said oh I hate when people call my husband Honey.

BMI 06/09/14 ( 44.9 ) BMI 08/16/14 ( 44.6)

Everything is a choice; we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

God, keep your arms around my shoulders and your hands across my mouth.

Sometimes God doesn't whisper in our ear what he wants us to hear. Sometimes he jumps up and down screaming PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE. We just don't listen.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #93

S/C/G: 248/248/140

Height: 5' 0"

Short jokes and nicknames don't bother me, but I have to agree with hating strangers calling me by endearments- especially guys. It creeps me out and puts me on my guard.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #94

Ok girls -- I'm sucking it up tomorrow and taking a pregnancy test. TOM is 2 weeks late.. I had a touch of spotting on Saturday - but this happened when I was pregnant with DD. I'm 1/2 & 1/2 on if this is good or bad. - I want another one - but I wanted to lose the weight first. - but my DBF and I have talked about it.. so that's good.

I'llupdate you all tomorrow on the results.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #95
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Rennie, that is hilarious! When people call me or my husband "honey", I usually respond with "Hey babe..." then they look at me funny , but it usually makes them stop.

Eny, wow, that's some news! Let us know what happens. I remember the first time in my adult life when I actively tried to lose weight--I got pregnant after losing the first 20 lbs . I'm not having such luck right now though...I'm running out of time too Good luck to you! I love babies

It's getting late, I'll just goodnight to all Chat more tomorrow.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:52 AM   #96

Well - there was definately a very faint line - but now I'm having a little bit of spotting. I'm going to wit things out and stick to plan today. If I start having full blown period then I'll know - and if not then I'll test again on Friday. It's crazy... i just don't "feel" right... doe that make sense?

Old 12-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #97

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

I don't know if it's a waitress thing, but I was a server for 5 years and I would find myself calling patrons, both male and female nicknames like dear, honey and so on. I never ment anything by it, it would just slip out. I few times a costumer would call me on it and I would turn beet red and make a joke out of it. I think it's a server thing....

On another note, my 6'11" cousin just announced his engagement to a girl who is 5'3". They are a cute couple, but definately an odd couple height wise.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #98
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Shan
We get called Mutt and Jeff. I am 4 foot 11 he is 6 foot lol. I bet they get jokes too.

Eny
You might want to go to the doc and have a check. From what I have seen on the home tests there shouldn't be a faint line it should be blazing lol.

BMI 06/09/14 ( 44.9 ) BMI 08/16/14 ( 44.6)

Everything is a choice; we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

God, keep your arms around my shoulders and your hands across my mouth.

Sometimes God doesn't whisper in our ear what he wants us to hear. Sometimes he jumps up and down screaming PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE. We just don't listen.

Last edited by Shy Moment : 12-12-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #99
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Shan, you have a cousin that's 6'11"?!! I thought our Mayor was tall, but he's only 6'7" . My hubby is 5'9" so it's a pretty darn good fit if you ask me.

Eny, could the spotting be implantation spotting? I would hop on over to the doctor and get a test done so I wouldn't have to wait and wonder.

I have to go to the dreaded annual female check up tomorrow... at least I know I'll be down a few pounds from the last time I went.

How's everyone else doing?

Old 12-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #100
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 16/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Rennie---LMAO!!!

Shan--My co-worker has a cousin, Julie, that is 4'9" and her boyfriend is 6' something and the family is always telling jokes and they are funny!!!!

Examples--The boyfriend hurt his knee and they asked him, what happened? Did Julie headbutt you in the knee?

You and Julie going to the mall? You want to borrow my baby bjorn so you can carry her around?

ROTFL!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #101

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

I can relate to the dating and height difference. My DB is 6’3" and I’m 5’1". He’s also skinny and quiet while I’m chunky and never stop talking. But it works ☺

Last edited by teacher1 : 12-12-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #102

Height: 5'1"

Ok, I am so guilty!!!! I call everyone honey! I always though it was a southern thing. I am a nurse and I call my patients honey too. I never even though about anyone resenting it. Guess I'll have to rethink this thing.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #103

so I started last night... but I still don't "feel" right. It's not normal - I'm still going to eat right and wait out the next few days. I'm still doing the walks - although I took yesterday off. I'm blah! I need some guidance.. I think i'm going to call the Dr. and see what's going on with me!

I just talked to my best friend and she's back in the hospital again.. It's not a good day.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #104

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Yeah my cousin is really 6'11". I've always bugged him about borrowing a few inches! I'm mean c'mon he's got more than enough to spare! We definately tease them alot. Especially coz they couldn't be more opposite. He's you're typical stringbean, long, lanky, dark hair and dark eyes and really outgoing. She's short, fair as all get out, a little chubby and much more reserved. But they balance eachother out.

Teacher1, my bf is 6'1" also and I'm 5'2" if I stand up really really strait! I'm also alittle chunky and never shut up! Last week we were out celebrating his being made partner/owner in the company he works for and we ordered chocolate cake. I was totally savouring the deleciousness of it. He looked at me and said "Now I know how to shut you up...Just put chocolate cake in front of you. I've never not heard you for this long!" Hehe. I'm never not quiet- I even talk in my sleep!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #105

I'm Definately Not Pregnant! The timing's not right - I have to take care of a few MAJOR things first. With TOM's arrival - I only gained #1 this week - so I'm ok with that - especially since I haven't exercised since Tuesday - and I haven't really been counting what I'm eating - although I've been watching. I think I'm moving away from the analness of counting every calorie and I'm getting more comfortable with what I need to do. I've pretty much cut out all pop - and i am obsessed with drinking water. It's amazing the transformation that I'mve put myself through in 3 months!

I have to stick with it - and have to get back to my 5K training! So I'm starting where I left off tonight... it'll be good for me. I still want to hit the #170's by Jan 1 - so I do have my work cut out for me - but after TOM leaves, and I get over the craziness of this week I'll be back on board.. I'm not too far off!

Last edited by Enygirl : 12-14-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.