Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #76  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I want fluffy, pretty snow. I've got sunshine, but I've still got intermittent torrential downpours. Pretty weird weather! My guinea pigs and rabbit are so antsy to get outside and exercise. They've been cooped up for days!

How's everyone's day going? It's a pretty boring day at work for me. But I do have a haircut/color appointment this afternoon to make me all pretty again . I refuse to go into my weekend feeling all old and frumpy with my white hair showing.

I also wanted to share that at my WI at WW on Wednesday I got my 25 lb award--it's basically a round metal washer with a 25 lb mark on it. I'm so stoked!
Old 12-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 172/118/117

We finally got some snow here in Richmond, too, on Wednesday. It didn't stick, though. By the time I left work, we just had lots of puddles. Rats.

Friday at last: yippee! Have a great evening, all!

Connie
Old 12-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #78  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Hmmm, I just went back to read some posts and found that I missed reading a whole slew of 'em--don't know why I never saw them before! Just to clarify, my hubby isn't currently out of work, in fact, he's a workaholic! He and I were having those normal married-people disagreements and I was having a particularly bad day when I posted about he and I.... we work together (he's a plumber and I work in the office), but we don't see each other that often since he's on the road. I almost forget why we were arguing . But anyway, I really am sorry to hear about all your hardworking hubby's being laid off from work after so many years of valuable service. It's especially hard during the holidays and I imagine it's really difficult not to want to strangle them when their at home and underfoot all the time .
Old 12-08-2007, 07:19 AM   #79  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Good morning ladies,
I went to a holiday party last night and I think I did pretty good making choices. I knew the menut ahead of time so that helped with some planning. This thread is starting to get long. I'm thinking of starting a weekly thread starting tomorrow. Thoughts?
Old 12-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I don't why I didn't see this thread before! I'm 5'1" and ten pounds in my case is a pants size... how do I know - well I successfully just lost my first #10 and I'm now in a 16 from an 18! However, back when I was at my highest (#241) I was in a size 20/22. Not to mention the fact that I looked like a butter ball turkey. I was pretty much as big around as I was tall!

I started this journey September 24th at #197.9 - and I'm now at 187.3 My BMI is at 35.4. My Ultimate goal is to get to #130 by Memorial day weekend 2008 - putting my BMI at 24.6 (in the healthy range)

I'll have little goals to meet through out - one mini-goal at a time. Right now I'm working on kissing the #180's away before the ball drops!
Old 12-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Hi Shay, I don't what others think about it but I think a monthly thread is plenty. It seems to get to chaotic trying to find a weekly thread. Just my thoughts on it.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #82  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - just checking in. I found a few more treasures at the second hand stores this week. I hope to spend a good portion of tomorrow hemming sleeves and pants. I will be soooo happy when I reach my goal and buy new clothes. Second hand petites are almost impossible to find.
Til then, I'm just glad my sewing machine has a blind hem option. If I had to do these all by hand...

Hope everyone is doing well. Blessings to all
Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 and nothing more

I thought of another challenge for short chicks. How about getting out the socks that get stuck at the bottom of the washer after the load is done? I have a short reach and I can't get at the stuff that gets sort of plastered to the bottom of the tub afte the spin cycle.

Just a brief rant ---Tonight I am wondering why it is that I am STILL fat. For most of the last three years I have counted calories, eliminated anything that could be called a snack food, never eat out, choose lots of fresh veg and whole grain. I am as active as my body allows me to be (on my feet and moving 12 hours a day). I am so frustrated as I have not lost an ounce in months.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #84  

Height: 5'1"

Morning little ladies, Another pet peve! Don't you hate being called that? I finished up my 2 12 hour days and i'm off for a couple of days. I have my husbands Christmas party to go to Friday and I have nothing to wear. I have clothes that are too big for me and I have clothes that are a bit too small but very little in between. I guess I will have to go out today and buy a pair of pants that actually fit "right now" I hate to spend the money when I know that in a couple of months they will be part of the "too big" bunch. I do have a sweater that is ok. Sweaters are so forgiving!

Melek, sorry, I don't know anyone's name yet. I'm sending you Lots of lovely snow, express! Enjoy! Oh, and want some icy roads to go with it? Plenty of those too. Get your hair cut and colored? That always makes you feel like a new woman, doesn't it? I need to get mine done too, too many grey roots showing through! Oh, my son and DIL got me the most lovely birthday gift. it's a gift card to the hair dresser, with punch outs. It's good for hair cut and set, coloring, manicure and pedicure and message. and you just punch out which services you got. Finally, something I really need! Yeah!!! for you for getting your 25 lb award!! Way to go girl!!

Shay, Congrats for making good choices. Not an eassy thing to do with all that good food around. I am going to be put to the test soon too. My husbands Christmas party is Thursday and I am going to have to really watch it. I hope I have the will power that you showed. Send me a bit, ok?

Any girl, I know what you mean about 10lb. being a size for you. I'm a shortie too, 5 feet nothing. I also set short goals for myself and reward myself when I meet those goals. Nothing big, some little something like a new nail polish of lipstick...I love your picture of the red haired girl and fairy!! my family is full of red haired girls!

Counting down, Finding petite sized clothes NEW is hard to do. Looking for them used must be a nightmare. You are so lucky you can sew. Not a talent I have. Actually i'm still looking for a talent that I have. Nothing is showing up so far. Clothes are expensive and I hate to spend money on clothes I know i'm going to be out of soon.

mermom, it's so frustrating when you hot that brick wall and your body will just not release that weight. But hang in there. It will happen. And in the mean time you are eating healthy and exercising to make your body strong and toned. You are exercising, arent you?

Hi karen, At least i know someone of this thread!

Eveyone have a great day, Freda
Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 and nothing more

Default short chicks fantasy vacation

Wouldn't it be fun if all the short chicks could meet up for a spa vacation. I for one would be thrilled to spend time with chicks as short as me. We could trade tall people jokes!

I have a favorite spa that I go to in Palm Springs. The last time I webt there and soaked in the natural mineral springs I lost five pounds in three days
Old 12-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #86  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I love being called, little lady, half pint, small stuff.....Heck I am glad they notice I am there and not walk over me because they didn't see me lol.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:57 AM   #87  
My Evolution

Karen--I prefer monthly myself so that's what I will do. I will start a new thread in January.

Mermom--I agree with the slim me, although your body is holding on to that weight at least you are treating it right by eating healthy. Love the spa idea!

The slim me & ShyMoment--My preference: to be called by my name

The slim me--I'm in the same clothing situation. I hate shopping for clothes right now. It is extremely frustrating. I'm literally between sizes right now. Lets not get started on the it fits me in the waist but is huge everyone else...

Don't you hate it when someone says to you--do you know how short you are?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:30 AM   #88  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I was thinking of you all last night. I was at my daughter's house ~ tried to reach a measuring cup out of the cupboard ~ it was on the top shelf of course. I used a long handled utensil ~ couldn't catch it and it ended up on the floor ~ thank goodness it was plastic. LOL.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:44 AM   #89  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

My husband calls me all kinds of things. I don't mind. What I really dislike is when a waitress calls me honey. All other names don't bother me but honey is a very personal thing to call someone, drives me crazy.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #90  
My Evolution

I agree--ShyMoment. That's kind of uncomfortable. I work with people with disabilities and I hate when our staff use honey or baby. Its not appropriate. Besides I call my boyfriend "baby" !
Closed Thread