3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Short Chicks

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #46

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Connie! Tim was in the building industry and when he went in to work on April 23rd the boss called him upstairs to his office and said, "We don't need you anymore! Here is a check for your wages and the vacation pay you have coming." And that was that. He went back down to his office and packed his personal things and was back home by 10:00 in the morning! So far he has been drawing unemployment but that will be coming to an end the middle of this month. He was with that company 15 years! And like your hubby, he doesn't have a degree, some college background and lots of experience but not happenng around here for a 61 year old. That is another reason why we have our house and our 5th wheel RV up for sale and are looking forward to moving back to MO. where the cost of living is so much less. These Rocky Mountains are BEAUTIFUL but you sure can't eat them and they don't pay your bills!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 12-02-2007, 05:27 AM   #47
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

I'm sort of in the same boat as Connie and Karen with husband soon to be out of work. His company told him they were eliminating his position (he is 55). He had planned to sort of take a break at this time ~ he has worked for so long ~ horrible long hours ~ he deserves a break. He talks that he might try to find something again after a break, but I wonder if that will be possible at his age. He felt bad, because after all was said and done, they had fibbed to him and hadn't eliminated his position at all, but gave it to someone else.

It will be a whole different kind of life having him around all the time now. Not sure ~ could be a good thing Then again Time will tell.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 12-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #48
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 16/Size 8

Gayle, Karen, Noelle, and Connie
I am so sorry to hear about the job situations with your husbands. Especially because they were all loyal to their companies. It seems that everyone has plans though. What a shame.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #49

S/C/G: 172/118/117

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, ladies!

I've actually enjoyed to a degree Kent being at home. He and I have never really eaten the same way, and since he discovered the Food Network, he cooks for himself. Our 18 year old son falls in the middle between his dad's meat-based diet and my very low-fat plant one, so he grazes on both our cooking and gets the benefits of both. Plus, Kent has finally had the chance to indulge his hobbies and many interests - didn't have much time before. He's worked all his life - his dad owned a produce business and Kent worked for him growing up before getting a "real" job. And he has begun taking long daily walks while listening to his favorite NPR shows, which is good for his health. I do worry about our financial situation especially with college tuition to pay, but as much as anything, I worry about Kent's self-esteem. He's such a great guy and really smart - just doesn't have the formal education. If an employer would just give him a chance, they'd be happy they did.

Anyway, thanks for letting me unload. Ya'll have a great Monday!

Connie
Old 12-03-2007, 07:22 AM   #50

P.S. I'm doing my snow dance. Could someone up north please send down some winter weather to central VA? Thanks!

Connie
Old 12-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #51

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, I read about this thread on Golden Girls and cam over here to have a look. Mind If I join in? I qualify. I'm 5 feet nothing. I did read some of the other posts. I had to laugh. I've told everyone I was 5'1" forever. I agree, it's harder for us "verticall challenged" people to find clothes. Even the petite pants are designed to fit someone 5'3". So I have to cut those extra inches off. I have found that Gap has jeans that fit me and i don't have to cut. Levi's too. If you shop around enough you can find some. I just envy those people that can walk into a store and buy anything off the rack!!

I've read a lot of the post about the job losses too. Add us to the count. My husband lost his job some years ago too. He had a hard time with it, really became depressed. But he did find another job and we are doing well. Like some of the others, he didn't have a college degree, just some classes, and lots of experience. They want those college degree in there that know nothing and have few work ethics. I hope they get exactally what they deserve!

As for retirement....not too sure i'll do well. My husband is one of those people that can't sit still, has to be doing something all the time. And he has no hobbies. So he "helps me". I can only stand so much "help". I would hate to get divorced after 43 years, or worse yet, injure him. So we'll have to see how we make out when he retires, if he ever does.

Freda
Old 12-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #52

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Hey Guys. I'm new around here and was hoping I could join. I think I'm qualified shortie. I'm 5'2" on a good day. I'm proud of my (lack) of height. Us shorties never halfta worry about being taller than a guy, even when wearing heels.

Like most shot people I find it hard to find clothes. I have a long torso and itty bitty little legs. When I was at my lowest weight (about 118lbs) I could shop in the kids department. GAP kids was awesome! I could buy basics (plain t's and jeans) at half the price. Now however, I visit the seamstress on a regular basis.

Gonzo walker, you can have the snow from up hear in Canada. It's really snowy and cold (it's approx -11F here with the wind chill). You're welcome too it!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #53
My Evolution

Welcome the slim me & shantroy! As I've said before there are a lot of shorties on this website.

Gonzo walker--I live north of you in Arlington and I'm hoping for snow. I'm sure it is coming any time soon.

Slim me--I forgot about Levis! You're right I have a few pair of Levi's from when I was smaller that fit great.

Slim me & Shantroy--I will have to check the GAP out.

I'm wearing cropped pants I got from Dress Barn as regular pants today.

I thought it might be fun to start a don't you hate it when....I will start

Don't you hate it when....its a really sunny day but because you are so short your visor in your car does absolutely nada for you!

Last edited by Shay : 12-03-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #54

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

I like this!!!

Don't you hate it when..... the shoulder seat belt "chokes" you!!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 12-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #55
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Hi there, I am new to this site and I saw this thread, and thought "just for me". I would love to chat with you ladies. I am 5' nuttin. Right now I weigh 188. Not sure what my ultimate goal is going to be, but right now I am shooting for 123. I have always been overweight. So I have never had a skinny time in my life.
Kari
Old 12-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #56
My Evolution

Karen--LOL! Oh so true.

Welcome skinnyvibes!

Don't you hate it when....the very thing you want at the grocery store is on the very top shelf at the back.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:16 PM   #57

Hiddee, all! Thanks for the offers of snow, ya'll. Just came in from a walk and I'm froze to the bone. My thinking is, if it's gonna be this dang cold, might as well get some white stuff with it. Here's hoping.

Here's a helpful hint: wear your old quad skates while you dust. They'll add several inches to your reach, and keep the cats out from under foot. My cats totally freak when I put the skates on.

Keep warm!

Connie
Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 PM   #58
Proud Red Team Member

Thanks for the welcome Shay. Connie~ that is funny! But just might be worth a try!
Kari
Old 12-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #59
Proud Red Team Member

Ok I tried to add a ticker, I just want to see if I did it correctly.
Kari

Ultimate Goal

Mini Goal

Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #60
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Don't you hate it when the tallest person in the theater has the seat in front of you?

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? ICor 6:19
My Pictorial Journey " " My Goal Story
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.