Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

teacher1--- I am so excited about mine! Right now my DH is taking it apart to see if he can see why the display doesn't work and to see if there is a way to adjsut the resistance. We knew when we got it the resistance know wasn't working but thank goodness DH is pretty handy when it comes to stuff like this. Maybe he can get it working but if not after being on it last night for about 10 minutes I don't think I will need the resistance adjusted for quite awhile anyway! And I'll just use the clock to see how long I've been doing it if the display can't be fixed. But still figure the price was right! Let me know how you enjoy yours. I did find some workout music on itunes that are free downloads. Thought that you might be interested.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #137  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Welcome Magrat!

Karen31 & Teacher1--Ellipticals are fantastic workouts. I remember when I first started exercising on one I started with 5 minutes and added 2 minutes each time until I got to the 30 minutes.

Noelle--Congrats on the maintaining!

Shymoment--ROTFL. I'm 4'11" like you but I wear a 7.5 wide. I would not have the patience....
Old 12-27-2007, 07:51 PM   #138  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Hi all, This may not be for everyone, but.......Don't you hate it when you choose which car to buy, by how high you sit in the seat and can see out the window?

No, but I do hate the fact that I can't ever buy a new, or even recent model car due to the fact they all have airbags, which can be lethal for a short person.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:54 AM   #139  
WileyB

Default I'm short and new!

Hey girls! I hope you don't mind if I join ya'll. I've been looking for a place where people have the same problems that I have. I am 5'00''...flat... needless to say; I am vertically challenged! ...and yes, every pound I gain looks like 5 on me. I am trying to get an elliptical machine through the 'want ads'. I hope that I can find a decent one. Our ground turns to pure mud when it just sprinkles, so walking on a daily basis is out of the question, plus, leaving my two year old girl with the 12 and 10 year old brothers is a little un-nerving. I am in serious need of motivation and recipes that work for my entire family. I will do all that I can to encourage any and all of you to my best ability. Thanks for considering me to be a part of ya'lls group!
Old 12-28-2007, 08:49 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Wiley- Good luck on finding the ellipical machine - I would love to have one too! Us short chicks have to stick togehter!

Magrat - there are some dealerships that will turn off the driver's side air bag for you. Next time you go looking - that may be a great aspect of customer service to help you make your decision.

Today - I'm feeling very blah.. my whole family has differnet aspects of a cold/flu... it's lovely. I'm actually the best of the three of us - but I'm playing hookie anyhow. I'm hoping to catch up on some sleep this weekend.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #141  
My Evolution

I wish I was playing hookie...might as well have..I have been so unproductive at work.

I never really thought about the airbags in my car...
Old 12-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Welcome Wiley!!!

Day 2 with the new elliptical went great :0
Old 12-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #143  
WileyB

Smile

Hey girls! Thanks for the welcome.

Karen - girl...you got a steal on that Proform! They are the best you can get. My brother works in a gym, and that is what all of their ellipticals are...the Proform type...eveyone says they are simply the best. After looking at their prices, I can see why!!

Well, I am not making much progress with anything. I think it is because I am cooped up in the house. Too muddy outside, and too expensive to drive anywhere. I am considering a membership to Curves. Do any of you have any experience with them? I feel like it will probably be a waste of time because I don't know when I will even have the time to go there. On top of that, I don't know who will keep my kids while I do it. The prospects of going there are getting slimmer and slimmer. One more obstacle to deal with.

I am going to try the core diet of WW. I have done the flex diet before and meetings, and it was allright, but that counting thing is just too much to deal with on a daily basis. Plus, I think that the core recipes will be a little more 'family' friendly.

Hope that you all are doing great! Let's all start out this new year with a new us!!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #144  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

teacher 1-
CONGRATS on your eliptical, i honestly think if I had room for one I would drop my gym membership for a half a year or something...
im so jelous,
so proud of you for getting in your 30 minutes, weight is going to start dropping soon,
HAPPY NEW YEAR SHORT GIRLIES!
GOOD THINGS COME IN LITTLE PACKAGES!!
SHOULD WE ALL SAY OUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTION PLANS!
I HAVE TO ORGANIZE MINE FIRST!
LOL!
Old 12-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #145  

vixjean- I'm hoping this weight will start to slide off. I did it 2 days in a row then took a break today because my legs are sore. I'm a big baby.
Wiley- My friend owns a Curves and I've been told it's a really supportive place.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:55 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I decided not to exercise tyesterday.. ugh It sucks when you're not up to par! I'm definately going to today though. I'm having a very relaxing weekend - it's wonderful I started crocheting a poncho for my dd yesterday, and I'm about 1/2 way done now. I need more "me" time! I'm tryign to figure out how to rearrange my office to have more work out room - I'm not sure yet since it already is an office/craft room. Oh well - I'll think of something! Less then #2 aways from my goal for the New Year... it's so close - even if I don't hit it I'm proud!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:15 PM   #147  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Hello ladies, I saw the name of this thread and had to respond, Im 5'0 and love every minute of it except for the "5 lbs gained looks like 15 lbs". Ive been really dedicated to my weight loss lately and working out consistently. So hi and hello!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:55 PM   #148  

Welcome Purdue Girl
Old 12-31-2007, 01:57 PM   #149  

Hi i wondered if I could Join. I am 5'4" but i feel short compared to most people. I to am always being choked by my seat belt. I am over 200 pounds and at my height that is very unhealthy. I am looking for some support, encouragement and motivation.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:41 PM   #150  
My Evolution

Welcome WileyB, PurdueGirl98, and CherryAutumn!

Vixjean--I think we should definitely do New Year's Resolutions. I will start a new thread for the month of January tomorrow so we can post them in there.

Last edited by Shay; 12-31-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Closed Thread