Old 01-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #46  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Hey!! Just wanted to stop in and say a quick hello to all my southern girls!!!

Hope everyone is having a great 2008 so far!!
mandyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:48 AM   #47  

Height: 5 foot 7

Hello all! I just found this thread! My name is Dawn and I was born, raised and still live in Kentucky. Like most all of you, I too grew up on soup beans, corn bread, sour crout & weiners, gravy, fried chicken, grits, and all the southern delights. This has made it extra hard for me to diet. When I call my mom and chat with her about my diet she tells me I should eat more, She's the mom who always made you finish your plate, let you lick the cake batter and made you home-made chicken dooties as we called them (just the crunchie breaded part of the chicken) It is a good thing that we did have a garden when I was growing up, so I love my veggies!

I just thought I would say howdy!

Oh and I don't get offended if someone calls me 'honey' Thats the southern way to greet people in my neck of the woods.

By the way, I am from Pikeville, Kentucky in Pike County. Not too far from some of you fellow kentuckians.

I'm glad I found this group. I'd love to make some friends. Have a fantastic Saturday!!
dawnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 180/167.6/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch

Wow, I'm so glad to have found this thread. I married a man from East Tennessee and we lived there for the first 22 yrs. of our marriage before we moved to Ohio to start new jobs. I have a big soft spot for southern folks--they're just wonderful people. I learned about waving at everybody; that the two religions in E. TN were Baptist and football; how to say y'all correctly and later y'uns; that tubing was fun; and what a dark sky really looked like. That's just scratching the surface. And food? How about ribs? Kilt greens 'n onions? Sweet tea?

My grandma lived in Mt. Sterling, KY, and my mom of course learned to cook from her, and I think Grandma's the reason why Mom and I both keep a jar of bacon grease under the sink--there's nothing better for flavoring green beans among other things. The last time Grandma invited my husband and me to dinner, she had baked an apple pie with a crust that was to die for, it was so flaky and light. I asked Mom how she did that, and Mom replied that Grandma used lard. So here I am at 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet asking, does anyone make piecrusts with lard anymore?
sweet fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #49  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

hey thought I'd try to bring this thread back to life!! I'm also from Kentucky!!I actually had thought about starting a kentucky thread, but I guess I don't have to now!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:36 AM   #50  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Welcome everyone!

Sweet Fang: Never heard of using lard for pie crust! But I'm certainly not surprised! LOL

Well, to give ya'll an update on little ole me....I'm currently enrolled at college for one class this semester, and I'm trying to get in my hour of exercise by taking the city bus to school and back. What with our very cold weather, it hasn't been feasible at times, so hopefully I'll be able to make that into a routine.

Had some unexpected development where my brother, his wife and toddler nephew had to move in with me, my mother, and another brother. So it's been a bit crowded lately. Unfortunately, my brother and his wife have very different tastes in food (meaning pizza, Mountain Dew, ciggies, and processed junk food in general), so everytime I make a healthy meal, they don't eat it, but then complain that the leftovers are taking up the room in the refridgerator. As a result, there's been a lot more temptation on my part just from seeing all this junk in the kitchen. I love them to death, but I'm hoping they find their own place soon. Some folks you can live with, and others you just can't.

Made peach/pear cobbler tonight....some nights I just love old fashioned recipes....
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #51  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Hey Southern Chickies! We can't let this thread get lost! So here's a quick:

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:16 PM   #52  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Ok I know I haven't been on here for a month,BUT, am I gonna have to go recruit some southerners or what? LOL! This could be a really good thread if we could just getter started. I've been posting in another forum, but I would like to belong to a couple more, it's just getting into the groove of what everybody else is already talking about!! I love my forum I'm in now,not leaving there anytime soon!! I just think this thread has potential! where ya at girls?
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #53  
Droppin Tha Babii Phat

S/C/G: 168/161/135

Height: 5'2"

I was born in Arkansas, lived there for 11 yrs then moved to Oklahoma until I graduated from High School and moved back to Arkansas & thats were i am to this day......
elisarae is offline   Reply With Quote