Old 12-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #76  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

red
Thanks for the site. Was interesting to put in the weights I could find written down. Lay off me drinking more water or I am going to pop your balloon lol.

Have no idea where everyone went. We are all alone. Just each other to bug lol..

Day 3

All Challenges met.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #77  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default I'm here!

Sorry y'all. I had a big holiday party for work to plan and my coworkers have been driving me BATTY!!!

So I had a big holiday party to go to last night and I only had two glasses of wine throughout the 4 hour party which I thought was fairly modest. I did not have any desserts, but I did have two lil nibbles of cheese, one piece of shrimp (fried) and 2 meatballs... of course that was my dinner and it was all that was there except for the baked brie pastry thingmabob that looked far more dangerous than my meager meatball. Not to mention, being that it was my event, it involved running around, lifting heavy boxes and mingling on my feet for four hours taking photos of board members and what not and all of that was done on 3 inch heels! So... I am giving myself a gold star for restraint and calling yesterday a wash.

Red--- FOOD poisoning??? YUCKOLA... I am so sorry! Glad you are feeling better now

Shy- please tell me more about these 7 shapely secrets... I am very very very curious.

Dj- I know what you mean...It is hard to always keep up with where you are on the challenges! Good luck to ya...we are all pullin for ya!
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #78  
Rennie

aimin
Hope you had a nice time at the party. Sounds like it was a lot of work for you and you made some good choices.

Day 4
All challenges met.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #79  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Thanks for the support everyone. I have been keeping up with reading your posts, just not talking much yet. I am still exercising (my sanity saver) but the food and drinking lots of water has temporarily gone out the window. I might try to get going again on challenges, I'm just not sure I'm ready. We'll see. Hopefully I'll have a little good news here in the next few days, a week max. That will make me a little happier if we get the news we want.

Keep up the good work everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #80  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Unhappy days of reckless driving...

Hey all. I hit a bad stretch here and can't get any traction. The day before yesterday I went off the road and yesterday, though I tried to get back on, just couldn't. It's not pretty. I feel defeated....BUT I am NOT! Here goes another try. It's 5 a.m. Saturday and I'm restarting. Sigh.

dj -- Sorry to hear you're having a tough time of it too, but glad to hear you're hanging on with the exercise. And I do hope you get that news you're wishing for and hope to see you in here soon working away on your challenges. Take care.

aimin -- The party saves were absolutely amazing! Wow. What resolve, what strength! You put me to shame! Keep it going!

Shy -- You drinking your water? A hand on notching more days!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-14-2007 at 03:10 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #81  
Rennie

Day 5

Red
Drank that nasty water yuckkkkkkkk. You will get back on track. It just takes some people longer to get in the groove is all.

All challenges completed.

Dj
Do NOT make me drink this glass of water alone.

My snack tonight was 4 pieces of candy out of my Whitman's sampler. It was very good but not as good as I remember. Gave the rest of it to the kids and their friends.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-14-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #82  

Shy - Tell you what, I'll try to do the water thing with you. Not going to promise anything, but I'll give it a shot starting with tomorrow. Instead of drinking before eating though, I'll go back to 64 oz per day. Maybe I can remember that?!?!

Hi Red! I'm here (trying) You gotta join me!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:22 AM   #83  
Rennie

dj
64oz. I would be sicker than a dog all the time. 8 oz is more than enough for me.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:11 AM   #84  
Never give up

Talking oh, glorious waaaater!

Shy, you crack me up! Even my cats like water more than you! One of 'em couldn't care less about walking in the rain. He'll come in soaked, no problem. dj, I don't need a water challenge. I guzzle the stuff ALL the time, drink around 100 ozs a day, easy, and that's in the winter when I'm not sweating that much. I LOVE water. On the airplanes they do look at me funny when I never want a drink...."just water, please" But, dj, I'm REAL glad to see you in here again. Hurrah!

Last edited by redballoon; 12-15-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:10 AM   #85  

Red - I love water too. My problem is that I love coffee and tea more. Those are the only 3 things that I ever drink! By making myself drink more water, I cut back a little on the coffee and tea (key word "little"). I do notice that when I drink more water, my skin feels less dry and that's a big thing here where I live because the air is so dry.

Shy - You probably drink 64 oz a day in something. For me, like I said above, it's just replacing one drink with another to be a little more healthy. I really do drink too many cups of coffee and tea everyday and need to get that cut down a little. I'm just not ready to call it a coffee or tea challenge! I just can't handle that thought right now.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #86  
Never give up

Unhappy sigh....

Heh there. I still can't get a handle on things. I don't know. Being sick in Hong Kong must have messed things up pretty good. I guess it caused me to lose weight too quickly and now my body is fighting to put that weight back on...and it has...sigh...oh well, I haven't been able to get into my groove again, just the rut. Here's trying again today.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:04 PM   #87  
Rennie

dj
To be honest. The doc told me I don't ever need to drink plain water if I don't want to. I take enough liquids in with what I already eat and drink and not to worry about it. She just thought 8oz of clear water a day was a nice idea if I wanted to do it lol.

Red
You will get it back together. Just take a deep breath and make yourself do it. I guess that is one of the reasons I am like I am. I am so disorganized I keep myself very organized. I am like that with everything I do. This is just one more thing for me to organize. I love to organize lol.

Day 6
All challenges completed.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:52 PM   #88  
Never give up

Thanks for the encouragement, Shy. I think I may be able to do it today. It is just a matter of commitment and I haven't felt that...well, I've been shirking it. But I can do it, I do it with enough other things! I am NOT going to gain back the weight I went through so much pains to take off! Good going on your challenges, Shy! Keep it up. dj, I used to drink SO much coffee and tea, unbelievable! Read the book Caffeine Blues. That'll get you off the stuff!
Old 12-16-2007, 01:53 AM   #89  
Rennie

Red
I don't hardly drink any caffeine at all. Its all decaf.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #90  
Never give up

Exclamation caffeine....

I was talking to dj about the caffeine, Shy. Good for you for staying away from the stuff. You sure Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine, though?

Hmmm....just checked it out, yeah, it has a lot. But, you just drink a little of that, don't you?

According to the National Soft Drink Association, the following is the caffeine content in mgs per 12 oz can of soda:
Afri-Cola 100.0 (?)
Jolt 71.2
Sugar-Free Mr. Pibb 58.8
Mountain Dew 55.0 (no caffeine in Canada)
Diet Mountain Dew 55.0
Kick citrus 54 (36mg per 8oz can, caffeine from guarana)
Mello Yellow 52.8
Surge 51.0
Tab 46.8
Battery energy drink -- 140mg/l = 46.7mg/can
Coca-Cola 45.6
Diet Cola 45.6
Shasta Cola 44.4
Shasta Cherry Cola 44.4
Shasta Diet Cola 44.4
Mr. Pibb 40.8
OK Soda 40.5
Dr. Pepper 39.6
Pepsi Cola 37.2
Aspen 36.0
Diet Pepsi 35.4
RC Cola 36.0
Diet RC 36.0
Diet Rite 36.0
Canada Dry Cola 30.0
Canada Dry Diet Cola 1.2
7 Up 0

Last edited by redballoon; 12-16-2007 at 06:06 PM.