Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #46  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello Anita, I do remember you. Fellow Canadian and all. Did you do the Dr. Bernstein diet?
Welcome back!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:23 AM   #47  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello everyone and I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Anyone going shopping? Over here we even notice when all of you guys are out spending! Our banking system has huge delays.

Jules,,,ah man do you remember that last few weeks when your feeling huge? I feel for Teri.

Marti,,is there anything that can be done for that nerve of yours? One of my drivers swears by this oil called AXE oil,,,he buys it in China Town...he bought me some for Tanner. Great for rubbing into the muscles/nerves,,,kinda gives a tingley fealing. (a lite version of A535)OMG, I was at my friend Lynda's house and she made a ornament from a clear glass ball! it has a cute little snow man inside it and fake irredecent snow flakes. Loved it. Thinking Im going to do a card class with her...on top of my scrap booking...Ive run out of pictures...and Tanner my normally easy going sure you can take a pic of me is now,,ah man not again....*shrug

Yes Jane,,,you are right about Chicago. Your so smart! *grin

Mindee,,,what did you mean about Brandon's finger slipping? Was he helping you type?

Sassy,,,Im sending you my address for you to fed ex me a slice of that pie! yummers.
Monte and I watched the bio of Paula Dean,,,what a remarkable woman. Would love to meet her.

So I had a meeting last night,,,Stress and your Health. It was good,,,but nothing I really didn't already know. Today I had my 1 on 1 with my dietian. It went well. She put my on the waiting list. She figures I will be meeting the surgeon in Feb. not that long.
I really really hate yoga...and I need to do another activity. Out comes the bike I guess,,,or I should say dust off the bike.

Well off to bed,,,,night all!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:26 AM   #48  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

TRISH...WTG with staying OP most of the day. Hey, we have to indulge a little for thanksgiving, don't we? You did good though!

JULES... to you too! Hope Teri got lots of sleep!

MINDEE...it took a while but I waited to see what the link was about, especially when you said you thought of me! That was really nice...I liked it and wrote down the link to go back and look at it over and over. We all DO have many things to be thankful for and the Troops are one thing I am very thankful for.

MARYKATE...so glad you got to talk to Eric but sad to hear he will be going to Qatar. Lots of hugs to you.

SASSY...funny about the gifts...I have gotten my fair share of useless gifts in the past. It's like...what the heck were you thinking when you bought that? Lol

MARTI...WTG on the 1.4 loss!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving Day.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #49  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello Chicks.

Did very well with T'giving dinner cuz well it wasn't that great, so oh well I didn't overindulge at least! Fil loved his pie.

Well I am off to bed cuz I am tired and grumpy right now.......(I'll admit it!) lol.

Ta Ta!

Old 11-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #50  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Jules - wow, your sweet little grandson will be here before you know it! I remember that I wasn't exactly Miss Susie Sunshine right before giving birth, just wanted it OVER. Nine months is too long, lol.

Sue - I used to have a couple of 1/2 moon tables back in the day. Foolishly, I replaced them with more modern stuff, and now I wish I had them back! How'd your mom do yesterday? Did she eat anything?

Cristina - so do you like Josh's girlfriend? Could she be "the one"?

Anita - yay for you being back OP and eating healthily. When/if you want to, please fill out a bio in the stickied thread, ok?

Marti - WOOHOO for the 1.4 pounds down! How's the sciatica?

Mindee - how'd the dinner go? Did you do all the cooking? Hopefully, others brought some food, too.

Tammy - I wondered where you've been. No, I don't get into the Black Friday shopping anymore. I used to, though, when I was trying to find certain toys for the kids. I remember running to get a Teacher Barbie, lol. Thank goodness those days are over. A couple of years ago, my DDs went out early to get a laptop for me. I was home snuggled and warm in my bed, lol.

Sassy - yay for loose jeans! My MIL used to buy the coolest stuff for Neal, and give me the worst stuff ever. It got to be a joke because it's almost like she went out of her way to get the ugliest thing out there. Like you, I'm not greedy, or thankless, but sheesh!

Mary Kate - so glad you got to talk to Eric, but sorry to hear he's going to Qatar. How're things going with SD and toddler?

Trish - yay for planning ahead, and for leaving the pie at your SILs.

We had a great holiday, and the kids were here all at the same time, which was really nice. Neal's brother Paul was here from Louisiana, and the two of them yakked up a storm, lol. I ate too much, but did not pig out, and am hoping for at least a tiny loss at weigh in tomorrow.

No shopping for me today. Instead, I'll begin putting up the Christmas tree and decorations. We'll have to move some furniture around for that. The lights outside won't go up until Monday, since it's so cold now, but will be warmer then.

What's on your to-do list today?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:07 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning Ladies,

Looks like we all did very well. Didn't sleep much (grandkids running up and down stairs starting at 6 something this morning) so I am cranky this morning. Weight looks like it might be up a little bit, but I am back OP of Phase 1 SBD for 2 weeks as of today. I'm not waiting another day to do it.

I don't do Black Friday shopping. Did it once with DD when I married her Dad and moved to FL. It wasn't too bad, but if this little town is like our city where I'm from in TX cars are out to the street at the malls. So I have no plans to go any where today. DH and I have all our shopping done. Will mail gifts off Monday to family in other states. Sending DD's families gifts home with her and we are through. We shop all through the year for everybody. For the most part we choose our own gifts we want, bring them home and he wraps mine and I wrap his then by Christmas we've pretty much forgotten what we bought so we get a little surprised. We do buy each other a little something that we didn't pick out ourselves, but for the most part by picking it our ourselves we get what we want. Also keeps us from having to return anything. DIL fusses because her DH never likes what she buys and takes it back. I've tried to tell her that if she lets him buy it or pick it out she wouldn't have that problem. When their "toys" are so expensive it is easier to have them buy them so we get the right things the first time. Just our way.

Well better run. Y'all have a great day!!!

Trish
Old 11-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #52  
ugggg.....

Trish--wow I wish I was done! My Mom is almost finished too. I don't do Black Friday shopping after working retail. I remember working out Montgomery Wards on Black Friday during the Cabbage Patch rampage days...

Jane--she is starting to drop a little, her belly looks so cute!! SHe definitely has a FULL range of emotions going on.

Sassy--hope you wake up a little less grumpy--too much excitemnent can do it to ya!!

Cristina--Teri slept some at Dave;s parents too--little Lily didn't want her to sleep--she wanted all her attention. Teri made it through the first shift and is home sleeping before the next one. She wanted to stop in the OshKosh & Carters stores at the outlets before going home but was too tired.

Ang--yea I remember...she is ready to pop the baby out now!! Unfortunately I am bigger now than when I was at my highest pregnancy weight with no baby to show for it!!

Katie==hugs to you and your son!!

Well, Ry stayed spent the night here and I have to run him home!!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:53 PM   #53  
ugggg.....

OK....I REALLY hate me in pictures but here goes...Ryan, my son has the long hair & Dave, Teri's bf has short hair...other guy is hubby of course and my beautiful Teri.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...fromshare&Ux=0

Last edited by jules1216; 11-23-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #54  
kitty Momo

I know, they grow up fast Anita!! My sweetie keeps me company & sane from the teens and their antics! Gab started K this year and is busy with swim lessons, she loves the water.
PM me anytime and welcome back again to the site!
Old 11-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #55  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls....

Another quicky here since I want to spend more time w/my DD before I take her home.

Thanksgiving was great. I ate what I thought was pretty good. A spoonful of everything, but all those spoonfuls add up to a large plate! But one round was good for me....usually get more. Then later get more. One plate and then a few hours later a small piece of pie and all was good.

Hope you're all enjoying your Friday. How many of you had to work? I would have had to if I wasn't on vacation. Glad I'm home.

Ok....off I go.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #56  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Obviously I didn't get on-line to catch up on individuals yesterday. It was the busiest Thanksgiving I have ever worked. Hardly stopped all day. Collapsed in bed last night to get ready for Black Friday. Alright all you BF party poopers, here is the blow-by-blow shopping experience....

Hit Kohls at 6:15 (no, I wasn't crazy enough to get there at 4:00a.m.) Got my son and future DIL a steam cleaner and saved over $75. Bought DD some crazy heated back massager for $127, a few sweaters, socks and such...spent $385 and got back $70 in Kohls dollars to spend this comming week.

On to JCP after a quick Egg McMuffin (I know, the least calories on the breakfast menu) and bought my mom an outfit and saved 50%. I then saw a jewelry armoire that I liked that would match my bedroom furniture. I already have an oak one but my furniture is now cherry. I ordered one on-line from a furniture store last week for $419 but it is back-ordered until Jan 1. JCP's armoire was $300 on sale for $225 and then as an early morning special it was reduced to $179. Well all they had was the floor model and gave it to me for $115!!! Boy, was I on a roll!!

Hit Sears for a bunch of little tool gifts for the men in the family and got everything for 50% off and then another $10 off coupon.

On to Macy's and Boscov's and got a few more items, saved over $100.

Finally got a salad for lunch about 12:30 and rested our legs.

Got a call from DD saying that the garage door opener was broke so we headed home to unload everything and dh decided to try to fix the door opener himself so.....on to Sears parts and service center and I found a Spot Bot (small carpet spot cleaner) on clearance, because the box was damaged, reduced from $129 to $95.

We were finally winding down and hit Target for a Geo Forman for step dd and a few wrapping items.

Last stop was the Hess Station for a Hess truck for my DS. I have bought him one since the year he was born 1985. He still collects them.

Whew....I had a successful day, no fights in the stores, no shoving or pushing, even dh and I managed to not kill each other!! On my way now to heat up leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner that I didn't get a chance to eat yesterday.

I may even hit the stores again tomorrow!!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:50 AM   #57  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....I hope every one has recovered from Thanksgiving.

We had an interesting one to say the least. We had my MIL, FIL, BIL, and a friend of ours and her son. Our friend and her son had come over since her husband was being an idiot. (they are in the process of a divorce, so he was making it rough since she had to work until 2) we did all the cooking, so it was interesting again. But it all turned out well......with the food. Our friend's husband ended up starting an argument with her while she was at our place, so her and her son stayed the night.

Friday night,we got a baby sitter and went out on a date. We went to dinner and then to Wal-Mart and Meijers to get some ideas for the kids. Then we came home and spent some time with our friend's who watched the kids, then off to bed they went! Now, I am catching up on emails from the past couple of days, and relaxing a little.

Tommy talked to the office manager about working here at the complex. She told him that the bank approved two workers, but they would be part time until the remodeling gets done and then they would be gone. So, she told him to stick it out where he is at now, and then once they get rid of the older of the three maintenance guys, then she will push for him to get hired. She said that the most they are willing to pay is $12 an hour, but hey it is great for what he would be doing! But, she did tell Tommy to come into the office on Monday to introduce himself to her boss, since she has told him so much about Tommy. (that way he will have a face to put with the name when she talks about him)

Angie~ What I meant by his finger slipping was that he flipped the bird to Tommy. (he found his middle finger and realized that he knows how to use it.....until he gets in trouble for it)

Jane~ We did most of the cooking. My MIL brought a mince meat pie and a pumpkin pie. But basically, every thing else we did. Oh....she brought a can of cranberries, but the rest we figured out how to work it all.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #58  
GmaTo8

See you at # 277!
Closed Thread