3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #32 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/127326-back-kindergarten-32-a.html)

FrouFrou 11-18-2007 12:51 AM

Back In Kindergarten #32

:welcome: to Back In Kindergarten Thread

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......" :book2:

New members are always welcome.
Pull up a chair and join us! :cofdate::cofdate::cofdate:

FrouFrou 11-18-2007 12:58 AM

Hope it was okay to start a new thread, we were a little over 100 posts.

Okay, here's the last few posts from the thread...

From Sassy...

Cristina -- Yeah I'm with you, winter is soup weather for me as well. My favorite soup is Tomato with a Grilled Cheese Sandwich.......Mmmmmmm........I know not good for me, but sooooo good. lol. LOL you "naughty" girl, hoping the sprinkler guy is cute.....hee hee hee. Hey if he is, take a pic so we can see! lol.

Hi Mindee, glad that everyone is feeling a little better, I hope everybody recoops soon.

TY Suzy Q.

Have a Great Evening all.

This was actually from this morning and I forgot all about it cuz DH came home from work........lmao.........I am getting ready to eat my din-din, so I'll post more later.

From Jules...

Teri's doctors appt went well. She is measuring perfect even though she has gained a total of 15 1/2 pounds with 5 weeks to go from this coming Monday--that means Christmas Eve is that close girls--hard to believe!! I bought some little 0-3 pants at Walmart that are too cute!!

Cristina--Teri says thanks for the gifts--she loves it all!!

Teri's BF, Dave made it through his first two weeks at his first job since the one he worked for 3 weeks in June and got his first paycheck which he intends to blow with his friends this weekend even though he has been mooching off my kids since July. This is the first Sunday Teri has had off since she started working at The Children's Place and since she worked today she has tonight off too. She was hoping they could rent some videos and spend some time together. Very telling of their future together if she decides to stay with him.....She is really upset with him.

Ry is sick--he has what I had---even turned down a date last night with a girl he really likes...other than that he is doing good--LOVES his job and his bosses and most of his coworkers.

I ended up getting a tooth pulled on Friday--it was a root canal that I waited too long to get fixed and it cracked so now they have to do some kind of bone graft to put something there. My jaw was a little sore last night but is feeling better today.

I am working tomorrow, but will have off from Wednesday to the next Monday. We are having a potluck in my area and decorating for Christmas--our theme this year is a Winter Wonderland--snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and lots of snowmen....all decoration will be white, blue & silver though everyones booths will be different. I will try to get some pics when it is finished.

From Jules...

Sassy--I love tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches too. I make a lot of soup over the winter.

Cristina--thanks again for Teri's gift. The blanket is so soft and the bib has her "duck" theme on it and the rattle and toy are so cute--she loves it all!! So is the gf coming for Thanksgiving--hope that goes well.

SuzyQ--Gaby is too cute--she must be what keeps you sane with both ex's issues and Rach. At least Beck seems to not give you too much grief.

Mindee--hope everyone gets well soon

Katy--hope you start feeling better too--my cold ran it's 7-10 day course--just get lots of sleep

Well gonna go finish clothes...

From Sue...

Evening ladies...Hope it is not too cold where you are. It was 26* when I got up this morning, but 46* when I walked two miles this afternoon. No wind, which made it bearable to walk.
I have been doing laundry and cleaning house. Getting ready for a big, happy week. I will go grocery shopping tomorrow afternoon and have planned a few items to cook for the week. I want to bake a cake on Mon. and possibly make spinach dip and ranch crackers so DH can have his fav. snacks throughout the week. All DD asked for was green bean casserole since her family doesn't like it.
Mom was feeling better today, just tired. Her sis left yesterday, but they had a nice visit. Her other sisters will go home Tues. so she should see them again Mon. SO nice that they all got together.
Not OP today, but other than a few kisses I did ok. I did walk 2 miles.
I am not weighing in until after the holidays. Just trying real hard to stay where I am and not gain.
Be good chickies and I will try to do individuals soon.

Suetalks...the "bikerchick"

From Sassy...

Hi Jules -- Yeah there is just something about Tomato soup and grilled cheese on a nice cold day that just tastes so good........Hmmm that sounded like a commercial didn't it? lol. Cambells here I come! lmao. OUCH on the tooth.........Decorations sound cool.

Hi Sue -- Woohoo on the 2 miles.........Glad your mom is feeling better and is having a nice visit with her sisters...........

I think my DH is going to hammer a nail through our down-stairs neighbor's head. lol. He was downstairs right below our bedroom today hammering away while we were trying to sleep. I know we are in the minority because we work nights, but geez..........He was still hammering up to an hour ago! I am like what the heck is he building down there an ark or what? lol.

Have a Great Night!

Sassy

"Too often we under estimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
~Leo Buscaglia

FrouFrou 11-18-2007 01:18 AM

Hello ladies...

I tried to go to bed early, didn't happen obviously, lol. I am going to have to force myself sooner or later because I don't want to get used to this late schedule.

SASSY...that is my absolute fav...tomato soup and grilled cheese! Yummy to my tummy. Awww, the sprinkler guy was not cute, and was married and brought his little boy with him. Oh well...lol. He was kind of mean to the little boy...the boy kept wanting to talk to me and I was trying to talk to him but the guy basically told him to shut up or get back in the truck. Geez, he was fine, let the kid talk.

JULES...the decorations sound nice and I would love to see a picture! I am glad Teri liked the stuff...I did not know what to get and figure she could always use blankets. I loved that one because it is soooo soft...makes me want to have a baby. Okay, not, just a grandbaby. Sorry Ry is feeling bad, hope he gets to feeling better soon. And sorry to hear about the tooth...geez, it was going around here. I had a tooth pulled 2 weeks ago or so, then Susan had dental work, also had a cracked tooth, strange, lol. Hugs to Teri...what a butthead Dave is. :hug:

SUE...WTG with the walk! Glad your mom is well. I know how you are looking forward to TG with your family.

MS SUSAN...did you get all you wanted done today? I'd like to take a stroll in the mall myself. And I do mean a stroll. Seems everytime I am there I am on a mission...to get what I need or want and get out. I can't remember the last time I actually walked the whole mall slowly and looked in most of the stores or at least the windows. Need to stop and smell the coffee.

HIYA KATY :wave:

I am going to go with Jason to mass tomorrow morning early. We haven't been in months, too many months and I asked him today if he would like to go. I don't like going by myself. Heck I'm not even Catholic, lol. He converted a few years ago and I started going with him. Kind of felt out of place at first but then it grew on me. V is working, Jason is working and it's just me and DD again. I am pretty sure she will sleep most of the day, lol.

Josh brought his GF over tonight. I was going to try and go to bed early and I just closed my bedroom door and the door bell rings. Scared the crap outta me! He's at the door with her...they had gone to meet her sis at chili's for dinner and she was joking about wanting to meet me and he said okay, lol. They make a cute couple. I don't know where this will lead but who cares...they are enjoying each other right now. Anyway...

Have a good Sunday!

tommysgirl18 11-18-2007 01:53 AM

hello ladies...how is every one doing?

this is just a quick little pop in from me.....Brandon was up until 4am on Saturday morning. So, I was able to get a little bit of a nap, but not enough. I still have to check on his medicine to see if there are any side effects for it. After he takes it, he seems to get a rash around his mouth and takes forever to fall asleep. So, I am wondering if the two are connected somehow.

I hope every one is doing well! I will talk to you all on Sunday, sometime!

Sassy_Chick 11-18-2007 07:02 AM

Morning Chicks

Hey all.......

Well I felt awful before so went and lied down, only meant to lie down like an hour or so? I woke up 3 HOURS later! lol. Ah well.........I'm off tonight so no big deal I guess.

So far "Noah" has been quiet. He has to know we work nights because he's been here about a year now and we park right by his bedroom window, so he has to hear us when we get home in the mornings. This is the first time he's ever been noisy though. Usually we don't hear a peep out of him. lol.

Cristina -- Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese is yummy. I ALMOST had it yesterday, but didn't. Well :p on the sprinkler guy! Can't believe he talked to his son that way. Geez.

Mindee -- I hope Brandon feels better, poor little guy......

Well I hope you all have a Great Day!

Tonight I plan on doing absolutely nothing as I still feel icky. At least I got laundry all done.........

:hug:

RosieKate 11-18-2007 09:28 AM

Good morning!
Thanks for the get well wishes, I am feeling better. I have a yucky cough that likes to show up just when I want to sleep. I haven't been sleeping well in general, so it's just par for the course. I see the naturopath tomorrow, so maybe she'll have some more suggestions for me.

Sassy - thx for the add; I really enjoyed your slideshow - finally a face to go with a name! You are so cute and you are practically a doppleganger for my cousin Maggie. Cuties run in my family, don't you know ;)

Susan- hope you are having a good weekend...

Jules - glad Teri's feeling good and having good checkups. Only 15 lbs?! I kid, of course. I gained 60+ with each of mine...such a lard ***. I called DD my "Ben and Jerry" pregnancy. I sure hope Dave snaps out of it..hopefully parenthood will shake him up a bit.

Cristina - Hope you enjoyed mass. We are off to SS ourselves here pretty soon. DS has to recite his memory work in church today - the Apostles' Creed. I think he's got it down for the most part.

Mindee - hope your kids are feeling better today and you can get some sleep.

Sue
- Hiya - I thought about you yesterday as DH and I now have BIKES! yep - now I can go for a ride just like you do. The weather is yucky so I don't think I'll be getting out there today, but I'm kind of excited to ride again - It's been a long time!

Other than church, our grand plan for the day includes a trip to the Portland Art Museum We have passes that expire at the end of the month, MIL said she'd babysit - voila' a date with hubby!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Mom2Gaby 11-18-2007 03:32 PM

:wave: Good Morning Chicks!!

I feel behind and overwhelmed. lol It doesn't take much does it??

I must say grilled cheese and tomato soup is M's favorite. It is super tastey. I love grilled cheeses and the girls do as well. Anyway, with all this soup talk I think some potato soup is in order with a dish of cornbread tonight.

Katy
Glad to see you well enough to join us! Enjoy the day at the art museum. I have never made a trip there but the girls have w/ field trips.

Jules - I am with Katy, 15 pounds is amazing. I always gained 40 average with the girls. I usually did real good until the last 3 months .....and it was like "what the heck".....lol :hug::hug: to Teri - I am sorry it is a stresful time w/ Dave. Sorry about the tooth! Mouth pain is the worst....

Sassy
- How are you feeling today??? Same as you. I laid down for a rest at 4 and woke up at 9pm. lol I guess we just don't know when we are tired!! Good you rested.....wassup w/ your neighbor?? Tell him to be quite! My mom has very loud neighbors above her....my grandma thought my mom was in the *attic* making nosie.....mom had to explain that no it is just the people who live above.....

Cristina - :yay: on meeting the GF! Cute that she wanted to meet you at night. lol ....nice that they have the hoildays to enjoy together:o I made the mini malls with Rebecca. I never got to the mall to enjoy the stroll....maybe today before I get Gab?? How was Mass?? Hope your sleep pattern gets back on track! :) Thanks for the new thread!:D

Mindee - Hey, sweetie mother! How are the kids??

Sue
brrrrr, it sounds cold! I think it has been about 40* here. Thanks for the update on your mother, continue to keep her and your family in my prayers.

Just thinking ..........is anyone else going to put off weighing during the holiday week?? I think I will weigh tomorrow like usual. I think it helps me keep on track. One night I had wine and crackers and we surprised to stay stable over night, that made me happy.......it also made me want more wine. :hat:.......hehe.

I think it was Jules.........Yes, Gab keeps me sane. We have spent years just with us two and our own little routine. I don't like the chaos Rach brings and just wish she would get a grip and get her butt back to school. She called at 12:30am last night wanting a ride home....course she had to go through Burger King first and whine that her parents don't like her. .....I like her...I just like sleeping more. ...grrrrrr.

I get Gab in 3 1/2 hours. Going shopping for dinner and see what else.

Wishing you all a super day!!

Sassy_Chick 11-18-2007 08:38 PM

Halloooooooo Chicks

Hallooooooooo Chicks.

Wow I woke up and thought my DH was trying to cook me! lmao. It was so hot in here! The heat was on, it was only set to 69, but just felt hotter. So I took my shower and came out and turned it off. lmao.

UGH my last night off and tomorrow night is back to ole grind........lol. Oh well......at least I get 7 of my 13 hours on Thanksgiving as Holiday and Time and a Half Pay! :D (I will be working from Midnight - 7 a.m. on Thanksgiving Morning)

Katy -- YW and TY. I don't think I'm as "cute" anymore.....I just kinda gave up caring what I looked like after I started night shift cuz nobody sees me. I should start caring again though. Glad your feeling better I am too, I took some Nyquil before bed and so I feel better now. I hope you had fun with hubby at the art museum! ;)

Suzy Q -- Grilled cheese and soup does sound good. I haven't eaten since about this time yesterday. Guess I should eat something. I feel better now. I took Nyquil before going to bed and feel lots better! I plan on taking Dayquil too after I eat, just for a little "insurance" lol. Yeah I guess our bodies just know when we're tired and just say, "sleep, need sleep." lol. Our neighbor usually isn't noisy at all. Infact we hardly ever hear him unless we happen to be in the bathroom the same time as him, we can hear the fan in his bathroom. lol. But so far it has been quiet. I've been kinda lax lately on my eating. Not quite as lax as DH though. I took my lunch every day last week and he didn't take his even once this weekend, which means he ate out all weekend! Bad Boy! lol. But I've haven't eaten in 24 hours so I guess I should go eat something! lol. Plus we haven't been to the store yet. Slim Pickin's here. lol Even still I managed to pack my lunch everyday last week. Men. Go figure. lol.

I am really craving Chinese for some reason and that is very odd for me. I like Chinese but I usually don't crave it. lol.

Have a Great Night everybody!

:hug:

tommysgirl18 11-19-2007 01:12 AM

Hello ladies….how are you all doing?

Nothing new on this end…..just taking each day one at a time! I need to get back into the swing of exercising every day, and drinking my water! I do good with both, and then something comes up and I slip on either one or both. So, I really need to keep my booty in gear…..I am able to get a size 24 jeans on…..I just can’t button/zip them up yet. BUT I can at least get them up and on!

We ended up going over and hanging out with a friend of mine that I graduated with. Her and her husband have been thinking about moving to Mississippi, so we figured that we would get together with them before they move. They want us to move down there with them, which the way the economy is going, it is an idea. I am okay with the idea of moving out of the state, but moving all the way down to Mississippi is a whole other issue!

Sassy~ He seems to be doing better now. I checked online to see what side effects there are for the medicine, and it said that rashes are a side effect. So, as long as I saw it in print, then I know that it is okay, and nothing to worry about. I didn’t see anything about it taking them forever to fall asleep after taking it, so I am just guessing that it is from him winding himself up before hand.

Katy~ They are doing better! Which I am so thankful for! I hate to see them sick, and it is even harder when they are all sick at the same time!

Susan~ They are doing much better! They are almost done with their medicines, which is great! Since Logan loves taking medicine but it is a fight and a half with Brandon. The first night or two he was fine taking it, but then it just turned into a big ordeal with him.

Mom2Gaby 11-19-2007 08:21 AM

Good Morning -

Mindee - Hope the kids continue to feel better. It really is a helpless feeling when your child is sick.

Sassy - So, did you get Chinese???

I made potato soup last night, it was so good.

I finally figured out the myspace thing. I don't know how to add friends though....lol....I mean I think I do so send me your info if you are interested!!!

bbl

RosieKate 11-19-2007 10:45 AM

Susan - geez you're up early, you're going to be an early bird like me if you don't watch it....I slept in 'til 6:30 today, lol! I'm Rosiekate on myspace, you just go to my profile and there's a place to "add friend".. It will send me a request, which I will approve of course! I am still learning ins and outs of myspace. I don't know where to get all the cool pictures and whatnot, all in good time I guess.

Mindee - Glad the kiddoes are feeling better. L has 1.5 more days of the yucky meds. At the beginning, DH had to hold her down and she would try to gag herself...yuck not pretty. So we started giving her treats after each dose, so she wouldn't try to vomit it back up. I know, real pleasant, huh?

Sassy - did you get Chinese? I started craving some General Tso's after reading your post, lol!

The museum was fun. The best exhibit was about this guy - his portraits were amazing and they displayed lots of his process as well as the finished pieces. He could take up to 3 years to make one portrait!

Have a great day, everyone

FrouFrou 11-19-2007 12:38 PM

Happy Monday, ladies...

SUSAN...I do plan on weighing in on Tuesday. I also plan on 'trying' to stay on top of things and not get carried away with the eating this week. Busy week so means possibly lots of eating out, avtually just Wednesday since it will be a busy day. I think I have finally gotten this right, lol. I don't want to slip up...so the plan is to be careful and on track during the week but pig out on TG, lol! You know, I say that but I never do pig out. I do eat what I want but have never pigged out. Sorry Rachel is being a little turd at times. They never want to listen to their parents until it is too late, lol. Then years later you will hear, why didn't you tell me, lol! I think she will be fine though...she will figure it out soon enough. I think some kids just have to do it on their own, just be themselves without anyone interfering. Hmmm, sounds like me and Josh, lol. Hugs to you missy :hug: :hug:

KATY...oh my goodnes, lol! We got there (to Mass) with 2 minutes to spare, lol. Jason was up and I had turned over and hit the alarm and rolled back over. Got up at 7:20 and Mass was at 8...don't ask me how I showered, put make-up on, dried my hair somewhat and was out the door...good thing the place is only 5 minutes away freeway time. It was nice going though. How did DS do with the Apostles' Creed? Glad you guys had a nice time at the museum...DD would love it! And the artist...I am impressed.

SASSY...well, at least you got some sleep! Your body probably knew it needed it. Yeah, I thought the sprinkler guy was a little mean to the kid...he was a cute little guy. The guy seemed annoyed with him for sure.

MINDEE...glad you found out the side effects and the rash is one. Seems like the pharmasist or the doc should have told you. Oh well, at least it's not something bad. I know on some stuff the list of side effects is just unreal. Hope you got some more sleep and Brandon too.

All this talk about soup and now our temps have been in the 70's...supposed to be 79 today, yikes! What the heck?! Definitely not soup weather for me. But it is nice...I am getting ready to go for my walk outside since it is nice, a little windy but that's fine. I'll get in my 3 miles and then do a mile on the treadmill. Other than that nothing much going on.

Have a great day ladise!

Mom2Gaby 11-19-2007 01:51 PM

I am back!

:yay: me....rah, rah....I always thought I was wonderful....too bad no one else does. lol jk....it is a joke between me and the ex.

Katy - I CAN NOT find you on myspace!! Argh. Simple things take forever. I was on the computer until 11 pm last night trying to figure myspace out. I want my page to look nice but like you said it will take time to learn all the snazzy stuff. Rach helps alittle bit. Anyway , I tried Rosiekate and even your pacifier addy with no luck. Maybe I will get me an url and you can find me??? lol

Cristina - I think I will WI tomorrow too! Since I was at the ex's so late Gab and I just spent the night. He made a huge breakfast and I ate before weighing...so I will try tomorrow. Omg to 79!! That is insane......is it always like that in November?? Sun is suppose to come out here later in the week but still cool in the 40/50's.

k- back to myspace to tinker.....hope to get off my tush soon!

RosieKate 11-19-2007 03:32 PM

I'm back...
Susan- got your pm and I put in an add request...your page is really pretty. I haven't done much of anything with mine as you will be able to tell shortly :)

Cristina - glad you made it to mass in time! DS' class did great...made it through with no cheat sheets. It was awesome!

BBL

FrouFrou 11-19-2007 03:49 PM

Howdy ladies...back again, lol!

Got my three miles in and feeling good, sweaty, but good. Man, it was a bit warm even with the wind. Saw Josh coming in at the end of my walk...he just came by to pick up some stuff, baseball glove and ball to play with the GFs son. I'll get in another mile in a few minutes, once I get off here. Feel like I have so much energy to go the 3 miles again...hate being couped up when the weather is nice.

SUSAN...you ARE wonderful missy, and don't you forget it! Oh, and if you go to my page on myspace and look at my friends...you can click on any of them and it will take you to their page just fyi. Yeah, probably not wise to WI after a big breakfast. DD weighed once after her shower and I said why? She said she gained 2 pounds. I told her it was probably her hair being wet, lol. Her hair is long and very thick and I told her it probably weighs 2 lbs. dry and with it being wet...ummm, silly girl.

I was going to leave a comment on your page but forgot that you have to be added to your friends...will you be my friend? Lol I'm in a silly mood.

KATY...woohoo to DS for not having to use cheat sheets. I remember the days when i could memorize stuff...now i can't even remember where I put something, lol.

Okay, going to go read some threads and possibly post before signing off.

Have a wonderful day!