Old 11-16-2007, 10:24 PM   #31  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

well I admit it wouldn't be that funny to me if I had children around to see it. That's pretty gross.... but since it's just me and my husband for now we'd seriously be cracking up lol
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #32  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Oh I just die laughing once I get her calmed down. She gets so upset. She is the biggest fuddy duddy you will ever meet lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:38 AM   #33  
Renee

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Well good morning everyone and thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm feeling a little down this morning. I caved in last night and had a bowl of ice cream with hot fudge... It didn't cause me to go over my calories, but I'm pretty sure it sent my fat intake through the roof. I think it was just the stress of this coming weekend. Today is the start of hunting season, which some of you may understand, but it means that my husband will be gone most of the weekend (unless he gets lucky and shoots his buck). This means for me that I am at home with the kids all weekend. I love my kids and all but as a stay at home mom, weekends are my sanity time.....

Shy: OMG you gave me nightmares last night with that naked 90yr old vision in my head.
Sexyshado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #34  
Made of Starstuff

Goooood Mornin' Lovely Ladies ^^ Yeah, I'm at work on a Saturday... Woo. Hoo.

OLT - YYYYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! You go girl! You move that BIG block over soon!!! I bet you're all bouncing up and down can't wait for it to happen ^^

Lola - Glad you're back on track. You keep going with your eating well & exercise ^^ With small steps you'll make it to where you want to be! As they say "Large leaps may be faster, but small steps are more sure-footed."

Heart -I'm using FlexPoints myself. I'm the type of person who has to know that truly nothing is "off plan". That I can enjoy what I eat as long as I count it towards my total amounts of food for the day. (Which is why I know I personally could never successfully follow a low-carb plan for my entire life. Just one of those things I found out along the way.) However, I always figured that if at some place down the road I truly get stuck with my flexpoints and I need a change that I'd switch to Core for a solid month and give it a try. I've heard it works especially well for people closer to their goal or who are trying to maintain, because it deals with how full you are instead of just the portions. (And there are those 35 points that we can use during core if we do want something that's not on The Core Foods List.) What you could always do is give Core a try for a whole week (like they recommend) and see if you like the results and the lifestyle. You might find out right away if it's for you or not at all. And if not, it's only been one week. You could go right back to the Flexpoints. Eitherway, hope your workout went well!

Shy - Re: Dancing Naked Old Man - It's true I may be a little more horrified if, say, my nephew were around, but were it just "the adults" (and I use the term loosely ) we'd all be laughing our butts off! I think a lot of teenage-ish girls have that "It's gross, not funny" mentality! (Is it sad that that actually makes it even funnier for me? I'm so bad!) Hopefully most of them grow out of it.

Well Sexy Chicks, back to work

It's the weekend so extra for all!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #35  
Made of Starstuff

Sexyshado - I was typin' when you posted so :P It's okay about the ice cream we all cave in about some things. Get right back into today. Healthy breakfast, healthy lunch, healthy dinner. If you can, plan them out and you'll be more likely to stick with them! I hope your husband gets back soon, must be kinda tough without him there I don't know how young your children are, but you could always plop them in front of morning cartoons and call it a day. Oh yeah... I'll be a great mom.... Good luck with the rest of the weekend, hun. Don't let one choice decide everything else.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:43 AM   #36  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Shado I understand the whole hunting trip thing. I have a bit of other anxiety over it though when we were engaged (forever ever years ago...) his ritural hunting trip that I hated, 1 year turned into a cheating weekend. Nothing to do with deer hunting. It's over, a one-night stand kinda thing, but ....... well ladies hunting season will never be the same for me. 4 kids later 18 years later and it just isn't over for me. Honey I'm going hunting he says me I say hmmmm.

Ok where is that nurse when I need her

brighter notes I don't know where all that just came from. anyhow..

OLT awesome I understand about being nervous and anxious happy and sad at the same time. What a huge milestone whoo hoo! You'll probably get on that scale and it will be 51lbs lost.

I've been away for a few days and I come back to all this naked men stuff LOL I am totally rolling on the floor. Thanks for my saturday morning wake up laugh.

Don't ask about the weight loss. Straight up on plan all week. Fat. still Fat. went to gym first time in 3 years. FAT. did water areobics. FAT.
I gained 7 lbs this week. I know it's impossible but TOM is messing with my life! I lost 5 over night. It's not time it's horrible and I'm just FAT FAT FAT all week. ~ Did I mention it hunting week too. Yes I'm a joy to live with.

I'm sure in a day or so I'll be right again and hopefully down some pounds.

later chicks
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #37  
Renee

I know I shouldn't beat myself up over it, but I let my chocolate craving overrun myself.

As for my kids, they are 3 and 4... Cartoons don't work for very long. Atm the are playing on nickjr, trying to teach them to take turns..... It's not working so well.

My husband already called this morning and he got a doe.. Now he's just waiting for his prize buck... Who knows how long that could take. LOL.

As for my weekend, hopefully I will stay within range. I need to have a low week with thanksgiving coming up, it's my favorite holiday.... I went grocery shopping last night and managed to not put anything unhealthy in my cart for the first time. I was so proud of myself, especially when shopping with my SIL and she has all sorts of snacks in hers.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #38  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

okay so tonight for dinner in my house I'm making Chili and it's this special recipe that my husband loves... and of course... it's completely unhealthy so when I went to the store to buy all the fixins I also bought a can of hormel turkey chili for me and instead of the cherry pie everyone else is having I'm having a smart ones eclair.

so wish me luck tonight that I won't go crazy and eat the bad stuff lol... it'll deffinatly be a challenge.
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #39  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone,

Well its finally the weekend!! Sorry I haven't been on much posting, stinking work kept me busy, how rude! Feels like I missed alot this week!

Welcome to the new people that have joined!

I hope everyone else is doing well! I think I am getting a cold, I have been feeling crappier as the day has gone by......bleh...

I did lose one pound this week, not as good as I have been doing but I can't complain.....well I could but no one wants to listen to me whine *LOL*

Take care!
Shimmeringsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:09 PM   #40  
mamamona

S/C/G: 180/172/130

Height: 5-1

Hey everybody! Remember me??? It's been a few days since I've been here. Busy and difficult getting on the computer with 2 kids and a husband demanding "their turn".
Welcome to all the Newbies!!
I have been kind of stuck in a weight loss rut so decided to eat "normal" not overdoing it but "normal" for a couple of days. I read this can rev your metabolism. We'll see. Thanksgiving is this week and I know I'll probably blow it but we had a dinner at work the other day and I think I did really well. I only ate things that were "different" and I ate just one little piece of dessert. Usually I would try everything.
Hope everybody had a great weekend.
mamamona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 AM   #41  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

Dot time is slowly fading away and taking all those nasty pounds with it.
I've been fairly on plan. If anything I'm making sure my meals are more rounded and have all the necessary things I need. That is definataly a step in the right direction.

although that vending bag of chex mix was a no-no

Today is another day.
lostchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #42  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Shy don't worry I put on a surgical mask and rubber gloves while I typed my message *LOL*
momamona, good luck with your eating! I am jealous of everyone getting thanksgiving this week, in Canada we have our thanksgiving in October so its way over! I want some turkey!
lostchick yep today is another day, just keep going day by day!
Shimmeringsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 PM   #43  
Renee

Well it's the start of a new week. I am down another 3.5 lbs. I am expecting my first WATP video today and hopefully it's something I like, otherwise I guess I just keep testing them out from Netflix.

Yesterday was a good and bad day. I got up at 4am to go hunting with my husband, by 5:30am I was hiking up to his hunting shack. Gosh you really know how out of shape you are, when you have to stop so many times before you get to the top. He got a doe on Sat, but nothing yesterday. Just not many hunters out I guess. The bad part of the day, was that I didn't get to eat anything till about 4pm when we had dinner, minus the funsize bag of m&m's I had at about 8am. We had eggs, bacon and toast for dinner, which I guess wasn't awful since I hadn't eaten anything, but I let myself go to bed hungry because I was afraid I would just get out of control if I had something else.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Gotta run for now, but I am sure you will all hear from me again today.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #44  

hi ladies! i miss getting on here more often. it's good for me, but i'm just so tired at the end of the day!

i've been doing pretty well. not sticking to the diet plan as strictly as i did last month but i'm doing well enough. eating healthy but not totally deprived of the good stuff. exercised three times last week which i'm happy with.

diet coke mmm chili. that sounds good. i should try making mine with ground turkey one of these days.

shimmering get well! good job on the 1 pound!!!

mona good job on eating well at the work dinner. i think we're all going to have to accept that fact that at the end of thanksgiving we're gonna feel like we ate too much, but that's ok. it's a holiday. as long as we don't eat an entire pie or something! lol

shado whenever i skip meals, i end up binging later. so i'd say you did pretty well, especially since you were out hunting and not home. but don't starve yourself either! i have to have a balance or end up really messing up. keep it up!

shy i still haven't convinced myself that this isn't a diet! i think i'm gonna have to work a little harder on that one!
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #45  
Renee

Shy: I totally understand about the mountain dew, I was one of those people who drank nothing but soda all day long, now I have gotten much better about that and only allow myself 1-2 a day. Eventually I hope to cut it out completely, but for now it's not hindering my progress.

Last night we made venison sloppy joes for dinner.. MMMMM.. I didn't realize that nutrition wise, how much of a difference there was between venison and beef. Thankfully, I don't think we will run out of ground venison anytime soon.
Today I am hunting around for a good chicken soup recipe. I have yet to try one that I actually liked. I'm not a real big soup eater, but my husband does so I try to make it for him occasionally. Hopefully, I will actually enjoy this next one.

Question for you gals, if you knew you weren't getting in enough fruits and veggies, would you supplement with like V8? Or just get a vitamin supplement for all the nutrients you would be missing?
I am trying to figure out a way to increase my intake, but I've always been a meat and potatoes kind of gal.

Good Luck to everyone today.