Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies

Last day of the week! About time! I knew this week would drag on and next week will just fly.

Going to try to quickly catch up.

Angie--
I've always wanted to go in and get my eyebrows waxed. May just do that this week when I go in to get a hair cut. I'm not wanting to get it cut short, it just needs to be evened out since I've been "trimming" it myself. I need to find the right eyebrow liner.....mine need some thickness added....so thin! Any suggestions?

Mindee--Nothing wrong w/looking. My hubby has been working out a lot lately and his muscle are just gorgeous! So he's been having me eyeballing him quite a bit lately! And if I'M eyeballing him.....I'm sure there are other ladies doing the same!

Cristina--Are you able to get much sleep? Hope you are. Are you stressed?

Jules--I don't mind Jhanai's friend coming over. In fact, she's a sweetheart. I was hoping that we could do some Christmas shopping (for her friends) but can't do that while she has her w/her. So we're just going to do some for the family. Invited her friend to bring some money if she wanted to shop for her family.

Jane--So glad to see you posting again. I wish I could visit your town for the parade. Sounds fun. Our town has a parade on Dec. 2nd. I'm going to try and go to that. Hoping Jhanai will want to come w/me. My vacation starts as soon as I leave the parking lot at work tonight.

Sassy--Great attitude. You're right. We all have our moments. As long as we don't beat ourselves up over it we'll all be fine. It's really hard during the holidays. For me, I make sure I continue w/my exercise and eating right. But come the actually day, it's a freebie for me. But the day after....right back to what I've been doing. One thing about Turkey....it's good for ya and left overs can be made into lots of healthy meals!

Sue--How wonderful for you to have all three together! That does make for a special time and you better make sure you're in some of those pictures you take of your kids. Have someone set up the camera on a timer and get the whole family. I'm still trying to get my DD to take some photos w/me.....stubborn little girl.

Trish--I've had to look back at what has worked for me in the past too. I know you can do it. We're all rooting for ya!

Tammy--13hr days are just awful! I'm sorry that you have so much work to do. It seems that during the holidays the medical field is either extra busy or extra slow. For us, this year has been extremely busy. The only thing that'll slow down for us is that some offices will be closed, during that time....we can catch up what we've been struggling with!

MaryKate--How are you? Miss seeing you. I have a friend at work who is fighting w/some issues w/her hand. They told her that there is nothing that they can do for her and that she'll have to just live with it. I find that to be crazy! I told her to keep looking for a doctor that can help. Any suggestions or advice that I can pass on to her?

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Ok.....not as quick as I had intended. But I caught up!

I need to hit the showers and get ready for work.

Oh....today was WI day. I lost another .5lbs. Boy....slooowwllly losing. But as long as it's going down and not up. Right now, I'm 147.4 lbs. Was at least hoping to see 146. It's been a LONG time since I've been there. Getting close though.

Alrighty ladies...off I go. May not be able to get on much w/the girls here but I'll try. Monday for sure if not this weekend.

Have a lovely Friday.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Evening Ladies,

Thanks ever so much for your encouraging words. I did very well today staying OP. Even did some walking around... at Wal-Mart. Strange how my knee does. It seems to be hard to start walking but improves the more I walk. I'll have to talk to DD about that when she and her family are here for Thanksgiving week end. She worked for an orthepedic for 10 years and knows her stuff. Any way, this knee problem doesn't seem to be a problem when I get about 5 lbs lighter. Looked for my Tai Chi CD and can't find it. I ordered another one for beginners from Netflix to see if I will like it before I try to purchase one. Forgot to look to see what they had at Wal-Mart.

I hope everyone is doing okay and you have a really good week end.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-16-2007 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Chicks......

Hey Chicks.

Well I got some sleep. I slept a little bit after DH left for work and got up at 9 p.m. I feel lots better, but kept having dreams and not pleasant ones.

It is a whopping 38 degrees here........I still have the heat on, but I haven't heard it kick on............hmmmmm. I hope its not broken! lol.

Marti -- Yeah I am not beating myself up anymore. It doesn't help anything. lol. At least you are losing and slowly is the best way.

Hi Jules -- TY.

Hi Trish -- YW. These are awesome ladies here........

Hi to those MIA!

Old 11-17-2007, 02:38 AM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....this is probably going to be a very quick post since I just finally got Brandon to sleep about 5 or so minutes ago (it is 2:35am right now) but for some reason he was having issues with falling asleep.

well, it is good to hear that I am not some kind of terrible person for eyeing other guys. but then again, if guys can do it without having any problems, why can't women do it, right?

I will probably be back on Saturday sometime.....Tommy is working eight hours so it will just be me and the kids during the day. (and as I write this....Brandon just ran across the living room and jumped on the couch, so I guess so much for me being on the internet tonight!)
Old 11-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #35  
ugggg.....

Teri's doctors appt went well. She is measuring perfect even though she has gained a total of 15 1/2 pounds with 5 weeks to go from this coming Monday--that means Christmas Eve is that close girls--hard to believe!! I bought some little 0-3 pants at Walmart that are too cute!!

Cristina--Teri says thanks for the gifts--she loves it all!!

Teri's BF, Dave made it through his first two weeks at his first job since the one he worked for 3 weeks in June and got his first paycheck which he intends to blow with his friends this weekend even though he has been mooching off my kids since July. This is the first Sunday Teri has had off since she started working at The Children's Place and since she worked today she has tonight off too. She was hoping they could rent some videos and spend some time together. Very telling of their future together if she decides to stay with him.....She is really upset with him.

Ry is sick--he has what I had---even turned down a date last night with a girl he really likes...other than that he is doing good--LOVES his job and his bosses and most of his coworkers.

I ended up getting a tooth pulled on Friday--it was a root canal that I waited too long to get fixed and it cracked so now they have to do some kind of bone graft to put something there. My jaw was a little sore last night but is feeling better today.

I am working tomorrow, but will have off from Wednesday to the next Monday. We are having a potluck in my area and decorating for Christmas--our theme this year is a Winter Wonderland--snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and lots of snowmen....all decoration will be white, blue & silver though everyones booths will be different. I will try to get some pics when it is finished.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #36  
ugggg.....

OK now for individuals...

Mindee--my hubby teases me about my Cary Grant obsession....

Sassy--I hate having bad dreams...I usually don't have problems sleeping..hubby is the one with insomnia-it drives him crazy how fast I usually fall asleep. If I am really stressed or have had a fight with him or the kids I toss and turn.

Trish--one of the guys in my hubbys dept at work will be off for the next 6 weeks--he is getting a partial knee replacement done. The physical therapist that I worked with after the accident that messed up my knee told me I will eventually have to have some kind of surgery.

Marti--Have fun shopping with the girls--I do miss taking a car load of kids with me to the mall---it's not as fun when you go alone...

Jane--hubby and I like to ride around to see the lights

Ang--I like Grey's Anatomy too. Still watching Cold Case on Sunday nights and I like a new series called Life on Wednesday nights. You can watch episodes of both Grey's and Life online.

Well, I am going to finish my clothes...Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Last edited by jules1216; 11-17-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies

This has to be a quick one. Not sure how the day got away from me so fast. I had coffee with Mary this morning, then I took care of some phone calls. Later, Madison and I did some power shopping until almost dinnertime. Now I'm trying to finish up some laundry that should have been done yesterday, lol, and trying to get my posting and email caught up.

Cristina - ty for the card - I left a message on your cellie. The scripture reading is one of my absolute favorites! I will laminate it, with the part you signed turned to the back, and will use it as a bookmark.

Everyone else - hope you're having a good weekend.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:22 PM   #38  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Evening ladies...Hope it is not too cold where you are. It was 26* when I got up this morning, but 46* when I walked two miles this afternoon. No wind, which made it bearable to walk.
I have been doing laundry and cleaning house. Getting ready for a big, happy week. I will go grocery shopping tomorrow afternoon and have planned a few items to cook for the week. I want to bake a cake on Mon. and possibly make spinach dip and ranch crackers so DH can have his fav. snacks throughout the week. All DD asked for was green bean casserole since her family doesn't like it.
Mom was feeling better today, just tired. Her sis left yesterday, but they had a nice visit. Her other sisters will go home Tues. so she should see them again Mon. SO nice that they all got together.
Not OP today, but other than a few kisses I did ok. I did walk 2 miles.
I am not weighing in until after the holidays. Just trying real hard to stay where I am and not gain.
Be good chickies and I will try to do individuals soon.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #39  
~Believe~

Wink Hi All

Hi Jules -- Yeah I usually have weird or fun dreams, but these were definitely not them! lol. I'm the tosser and turner in our marriage, my DH is like you, can usually fall asleep anywhere, makes me sick. lol. Glad that Teri's appointment went okay and awww on the little pants! Sorry that Teri's BF is giving her a hard time. I hope things change when she has the baby! OUCH on the tooth.........Decorations sound cool.

Hi Jane -- Seems like we're all doing laundry. lol. I'm doing laundry too.....lol.

Hi Sue -- Ha see your doing laundry too or did laundry. lol. We should have had a Laundry party. lol. Woohoo on the 2 miles.........Glad your mom is feeling better and is having a nice visit with her sisters...........

Oh and I think my DH is going to hammer a nail through our down-stairs neighbor's head. lol. He was downstairs right below our bedroom today hammering away while we were trying to sleep. I know we are in the minority because we work nights, but geez..........He was still hammering up to an hour ago! I am like what the heck are you building down there an ark or what? lol.

I was thinking about starting to do a few of my exercises for my back and also an exercise my bio. father taught me. Yeah he actually taught me something, go figure. lol. Just kiddin. lol. Its for the lower abs (the exercise he had me do was Abdominal Leg Lowering) and it would be good for my back too. He used to make me do this as a kid and I hated it, but I guess it was good for me.........

Have a Great Night!

Old 11-18-2007, 01:33 AM   #40  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

JULES...tell Teri she is welcome! Just glad she liked it...I never know what to get anyone. Sorry about the tooth...went to the dentist myself a couple of weeks ago. I put it off as long as I could and HAD to go.

SASSY...ugh! That is crazy, and you know the guy probably knows you guys work nights. Hope you guys were able to get some sleep after it stopped.

SUE...glad your mom is feeling good. And WTG on the walk.

JANE...I got your message...I think I was on the treadmill at the time you called. I don't carry my phone with me half the time and never think to check it until almost time for V to come home...he will call sometimes to see if I want or need something. Didn't recognize your voice at first...but then we only talked once, and that's been quite awhile. Guess your voice is differnet from what I remembered.

I better try and get to bed...gotta get up early for mass. Haven't been in ages...everyone is always working and I don't care to go by myself. We are headed to the early one at 8 a.m. that is if me and Jason can manage to roll our sorry selves out of bed, lol.

Have a good weekend!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:47 AM   #41  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies...how is every one doing?

As of right now, knock on wood, Brandon is asleep, and I hope he is staying that way until tomorrow morning! Other then that, the kids are doing much better! Brandon still fights me sometimes to take his medicine, but other then that they are doing great! I am feeling better. My cough seems to have gone away, but my throat is still sore. But I can push through it!

Jules~ I can't believe that your little grandson is almost here! (and thanks for the reminder on Christmas eve!) The boys have been fighting over the Wal-Mart toy guide daily....LOL I am sorry to hear that Teri's boyfriend is being a jerk.

Jane~ How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well!

Cristina~ Thanks for the message! I will be heading over there shortly, so I will leave you a message.

Sassy~ Let me know if you have Noah living under you. I will make my way to the arc once it is built. LOL (sounds like someone has seen Evan Almighty one too many times)

I hope every one else is doing great!!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:53 AM   #42  
~Believe~

Wink Morning Chicks

Hey all.......

Well I felt awful before so went and lied down, only meant to lie down like an hour or so? I woke up 3 HOURS later! lol. Ah well.........I'm off tonight so no big deal I guess.

Cristina - So far "Noah" has been quiet. He has to know we work nights because he's been here about a year now and we park right by his bedroom window, so he has to hear us when we get home in the mornings. I hope you got a good night's sleep. If I knew your #, I could have given you a wake up call. lol.

Mindee -- I'll let you know if its Noah downstairs. lol. Hey I only watched Evan Almighty once! lmao.

Well I hope you all have a Great Day!

Tonight I plan on doing absolutely nothing as I still feel icky. At least I got laundry all done.........

Old 11-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #43  
a work in progress

Good morning ladies

Jane: I love Christmas lights, bet the parade was beautiful. We saw the first strand of lights up on a neighbor's house last night. Can't wait to take Tallie (our granddaughter, Natalya) driving around to look at lights once they are up all over.

Angie: Good to see you here, and great to hear from you!

Cristina: Thank you for the Thanksgiving card This year we will have Noah and Shayla and little Tallie. Mike is coming over Wednesday night to help prep cook -- he offered to if I will make enough for him to take home some leftovers on Friday night, LOL. He and his girlfriend are spending Thanksgiving with his dad, Christmas Eve with Tim and me (that's when we do our big dinner and open gifts), and Christmas Day with her family.

Marti: Sorry to hear work has been stressful; I can relate. For your friend who has had issues with her hand, does it sound like carpal tunnel? I don't know what the laws are like in Oregon, but here in CA if you get hurt on the job -- especially at a big company like mine -- they are very anxious to make sure you get the medical care you need. Workman's Comp laws are very strong in my state. If she has medical insurance, she might want to check with her own private physician to get advice. If she has carpal tunnel problems, there are things a doctor can suggest -- ice, anti-inflammatories, exercises, changes to her work station, a wrist brace, or surgery if necessary (carpal tunnel surgery has a much higher success rate than the radial tunnel surgery I had). Sound like you are right on target with your exercise and eating -- slow and steady weight loss is the most successful and long lasting!

Sue: How long will all of your mom's siblings be visiting? Will they be staying through Thanksgiving? Sounds like you will have a houseful with the kids visiting, too...

Mindee: Ack, I remember the days when it seems like one of the kids got sick, then they all did, one after another like dominoes. And if they'd only all sleep at the same time, so *I* could sleep too! Glad they are starting to feel better, though.

Jules: Oh, I know, aren't baby clothes adorable??? Irresistible, sometimes. Tallie's third b-day is the day after Thanksgiving, and I've turned into this crazy present-buying grandma. Grandpa (DH's new name) picked out this adorable pair hippie-style pair of jeans with hearts and peace signs on them, and a little denim jumper with pink roses embroidered on it and a little pink top. Got all my shopping done for her birthday and for Christmas, except for just a few stocking stuffers. The "Winter Wonderland" theme sounds beautiful -- we did something similar in our team area at work a couple of years ago. I love blue, silver, and white together.

Sassy: I remember when my husband worked swing shift, and it seemed like everyone in the neighborhood had to mow their lawns at 8 am Wishing you peaceful and restful sleep with no bad dreams, no hammering, and no lawnmowers!

Trish: I hear ya, definitely having trouble with motivation and focus. And now the holidays are here, constant temptation at home and at work *sigh* Hang in there, baby steps, baby steps...my baby step right now is to drink 3 25 oz bottles of water a day.

Hi to everyone else

OK...gotta get everybody out of the house -- we are going to the art museum this morning before my stepdaughter has to work this afternoon. See ya soon...
Old 11-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #44  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies...

I'm sneaking online while everyone is asleep. Hubby's vacation started officially last night so now we have the entire week off.

James made an incredible dinner last night. Prime rib roast. A friend was getting off work last night and called to see if we would mind company....he picked a perfect day to visit. Had him stay for dinner. I over indulged. As soon as I was finished, I just knew it. So today I must be very strict w/my exercise and eating. Thanksgiving is just days away and that is another indulging day! Not too worried....if I'm up a few pounds...I know why.

Jhanai and her friend have been good girls. I hate to see them go home tonight, but theres school tomorrow. Jhanai was telling us that she got her first 4.0 GPA. I am so proud of her! Her dad had given her $20 and then James did the same. We don't ever give her money for her grades, just tell her to do her best and praise her for what she gets. But getting 4.0 was great news and her dad(s) felt that she deserved it. I just took her shopping. So proud of my girl!!

Now....while I still have time....I shall catch up.

MaryKate--My friend has carpal tunnel in one hand and in the other she has tendinitis. They've done all they can do (so they say) and told her surgery wouldn't help. I told her to keep looking around for a second opinion if she isn't happy w/that. Other wise, they're closing her case. Seems sad to me. How are your hands doing? And when do we get to see photos of your grandbaby?

Sassy--Lower abs exercises are great. I do them when I'm not doing the thigh routine. My belly has got to leave me! Ok...so it will always be there but at least it can tone down some I say! Let us know if its working for you.

Jules--It is fun shopping w/Jhanai & her friend. They keep me smiling and Jhanai will stop and just give me big bear hugs. Which I think is wonderful....some kids that age (I'm thinking of myself here) would be mortified to be caught in public hugging their mom.

Cristina--Did you wake up in time? I got your card in the mail Friday...thank you so much!

Mindee--Poor thing....you need your rest! Glad your kids are feeling better though. I don't think we as mothers, ever get a full nights sleep until our kids are in middle school! By that time....we're wondering if our kids ever get up!

Trish--I find it amazing what just a little weight loss can do on the old body. My back would just ache all the time when I was at my highest. I don't have that problem anymore. Now....if I could just remedy the sciatica that always flares up from time to time I would be happy.

Jane--Always thinking of you! How was the parade? I have to say....I love that idea you have for the card! I receive so many beautiful cards over the years and wish I could keep them all. (actually I do...they're kept in a shoe box....have some from when I was in Junior high school!) I will have to try that. I would need an laminator first.

Sue--Hi Sue. Since you're a walker....I have a question for ya. Do you wear walking shoes? Or just what ever you have around. My shoes I wear when walking (I've gone through one pair already) are on their last miles. I'm thinking of splurging and just buying some walking shoes. Any suggestion?

Hello to anyone else I may have forgotten. I need to get some coffee and sift through the newspaper. I went to get it this morning and half my paper was scattered on my front porch soak and wet due to rain! I was angry. Why are they not putting these papers in plastic bags?? I need to get a paper box to prevent that from happening again. (I need those ads!!!! Day after Thanksgiving sales are coming up!)

Have a great Sunday.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #45  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning all.

MK I remember those days also,,,Monte and the boys would be sick,,Id be running. Then once they were all back to normal I would get sick. Tanner is just getting over what Monte and I had last month.

Jules,,,that is just so sad for you daughter and her choice in a BF. Its obviously hes too immature to care for anyone but himself right now. Hopefully he gets its act together to realize the importance of his family. What kind of a family ie: parents does he have?

Well I should get going Monte and I have to do a Costco run,,,
how is everyones shopping going? I would say Im half way there...
Closed Thread