Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 04:50 PM   #46  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i do declare you MURicans are having a fine time of it on your Thanksgiving!!! i do wonder what the deal with having it on a THURSDAY is i must confess!!! Why not Friday or MOnday--the traditional lead in or out of the weekends----do most people get Friday off as well????? ANYway----i hope you all ate your aprons off and are ready to diet until Christmas HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA doubt it!!----Happy Turkey Day to you as well Ellabella!!----and of course i am so happy that the young university students are home for the holidays---how sweet is that!!----the shop is getting busier =---thank you Shotsy for asking---the yankess have left but there are a few Canadians who have not gone across the border cause the loonie is beating the yank dollar for a change!!!!----i have to go to a parent teacher thing tonight---dd got an A average but he still wants me there,so off i go----we are all thinking of wabby this week for sure and i am sure she knows it----xoxoxoxoxo my lovely yankee doodle dandies----------TOODLE DOO!!!:snowglo :
Old 11-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #47  
loves kleenex box art

Was a lady named Sarah Josepha Hale who said that the last Thursday in November should be American Thanksgiving. Lincoln made it so. Maybe in those days people worked six days like in the Dickens novels and Thursday was a good break. I dunno.

My baby and I have been watching bad movies and eating all day. Such heaven.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:28 PM   #48  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I am so happy for you and your darling ds my dear cowpern---eating all day with your best boy sounds divine---and the bad movies only add to the joy!!!SO WHO IS GOING SHOPPING ON BLACK FRIDAY????and why is it called THAT!!
Old 11-22-2007, 11:41 PM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

It's BLACK because it's not RED ... accounting red. Your kind of BLACK>>>>> Do you have Mericans there on T-day cruises?

The brownies didn't cook enough. They're goooooey and uncutable but yummy.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:29 AM   #50  

hiya Ellabella so good of you to pop by! I'll need to connect with you the next time I'm in Cambridge fer sure!

DH and I are warmin up the credit card... I havent ventured out on Black Friday in years! You need to be young and fit and alert and ruthless! hmmm or maybe that was a Jersey thing. Anyway, we need a fridge and office furniture so off we go.....
In between the Turkey cookin, DH and I packed yesterday, made a pretty good dent. I swear this is the LAST time until we retire or kick the bucket.
Cowpeee - sounds like a divine day with DS... I love bad movies, bad black and whites are better. bad black and white horror flicks are the best.
Bagz - you can thank that moron of a president for how well foreign currency is doing. Big dopey arse.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #51  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
SO WHO IS GOING SHOPPING ON BLACK FRIDAY????and why is it called THAT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
It's BLACK because it's not RED ... accounting red.
Well, I guess it will tell you how I feel about it when I say I always thought it was called Black Friday because it was like death. And I think there's another good reason to call it Black: the stores are opening at ridiculous hours like 3 am when it is pitch black. DH and DD headed out of here at 1:30 AM to be in the "big city" at 3:00 so that they could get tickets for a couple of items from Best Buy. When they got there there was already a line of several dozen people -- but no one came out with tickets for another hour, and then they didn't have tickets for a LOT of things they had promised in the ads and the people were simply snotty when you asked if there were going to be enough items of something or other without a ticket. DH had thought they would get there at 3, get there tickets, leave and have breakfast and come back for the 5AM store opening. Instead they stood out in the cold -- and I mean very cold, below freezing -- for 2 hours. I think the stores should be sued for endangering their customers; I wouldn't go shopping on Black Friday for anything. I'd rather sleep. But you knew that.

Hi ellabella! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sugar, hope you feel better tout de suite. Good luck with the refuse.

Wow, Schatzi, good luck with the packing and purchasing. Your new house is splendiferous.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #52  
Member w/ messiest house

D'ya s'pose there's sum't wrong with someone who gets shivers of joy over reading a page like this? I'm so excited to find this website I need a valium or something.

By the way, thanks for reminding me to order my parents a wreath, Sug.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #53  

You and dh are just plain crazy folk. Although his plan sounded pretty lovely to me. Here it was nuts. We left the house at 8am to get to Appliance World - only to find out that they closed the entire thansgiving holiday weekend. So we ended up at lowes and home depot in search for the fridge. We hornswaggled the home depot guy into accepted the lowes 10 % off coupon . (well we didnt have to hornswaggle them, as its routine for them to accept competitior coupons: I just wanted to use the word hornswaggled.) We were soooo exxxhausted fighting the traffic, that when we got home bout 2ish, we both took a nap that turned into a complete coma and we got nothin done at all...so today, we have to step it up.
Wayward Landlord arrived home with Pyscho girlfriend and beautiful DD. Apparently he has a "master plan" to get rid of psycho and it has something to do with no being in a residence more than 6 months at a time ---whatever...

Kiwi, I attempted to read the page and had to stop to get some cawfee in me first. I'm sure you were downright giddy! No wrongness about it -- but then again,
I was the dorky type that read the dictionary as a kid for fun.

Last edited by Schatzi; 11-24-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:32 AM   #54  
loves kleenex box art

What I really hate is the word obtain. I hate the ob and I hate the tain. It means get so say get. I'm not crazy about other ob words either. Obstruct is ok. Obnoxious ... I guess it fits. Obtuse ... Hey, I'm on to something. Ob is put into words that mean annoying things.

Does any have a movie that they watched long ago and still love to watch. Not that you think it's a great movie like Wasp Woman but just feels good.

I have a decision. I am dying my hair RIGHT NOW for the last time. Then I grow some grey roots. Then get grey streaks put in and have it cut as short as I can stand. Then grow it below my ears.

I had that experience, too, Shots. DS doesn't have a sticker on his tag. I say I mailed it to him in March but he doesn't remember. He got a ticket last week. So yesterday, Friday, we went to the courthouse to buy a new sticker and they took Thursday aND Friday off for remembrance of Thanksgiving. Bunch o' sissies. They're supposed to be serving the public. They have new pictures of guns and knives on the glass by the doors to show you what you can't bring inside. Not everyone can read, I guess.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:25 PM   #55  

I have not done any packing!!! AACK!! I am procrastinating terribly!!!! I need
I've learned that if I buy a 6 pack of the cheapest beer, it helps motivate me attend to unpleasant tasks- so I went out and got one. me bad

Last edited by Schatzi; 11-24-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #56  
Member w/ messiest house

Here's a question: if cheap beer motivates you, what would expensive beer do? Or is that too personal a question?

Quote:
What I really hate is the word obtain.
I've heard that about you. "Obviously"...
Quote:
Does any have a movie that they watched long ago and still love to watch. Not that you think it's a great movie like Wasp Woman but just feels good.
I have 3 books that I wouldn't mind reading over and over (and have) -- Memoirs of an Invisible Man, Time After Time, and And Ladies of the Club. Hmm, movies I could watch again and again: Castaway, Groundhog Day, Modern Times (the Chaplin one), Rear Window, Spellbound, most Hitchcock movies, Ealing Studios movies, Cary Grant movies. Okay I'm running out of steam.
Quote:
I am dying my hair RIGHT NOW for the last time. Then I grow some grey roots. Then get grey streaks put in and have it cut as short as I can stand. Then grow it below my ears.
Wow, that sounds like a life plan.
Quote:
They have new pictures of guns and knives on the glass by the doors to show you what you can't bring inside. Not everyone can read, I guess.
If they can't read, wouldn't they think those pictures were of things for sale in the building, or maybe just a suggestion for what to bring when you visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
You and dh are just plain crazy folk.
Well, he is. I stayed home and slept. I got up just about the time they were unloading the car.

Mm hornswaggle. I think I'll have that for dinner.

Last edited by Kiwonk; 11-24-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #57  
loves kleenex box art

Well, I still hate it.

I really love the movie Bilko with Steve Martin. I don't think it's work of art but it makes me laugh every time.

My life plan is to have hair like yours.

Wait !!! I have more to batch about.. The Flawridder senate got rid of the PIP part of the car insurance policies .. the self-insured part, I think it is. Then ..... it seems they put it back starting January. I can not follow all of this and I don't understand insurance but I do realize my car insurance went up. I also know some people had PIP kept on their policies and I did not so I emailed my company and asked about have it put back on. They emailed back saying $123 would do it. Right away, I got a form letter from the big office saying it was going back on, like it or not, Jan. 1 and would cost $66. so I called the little office and asked why such a big charge for one month.

She had a customer and I was at work and I don't understand it but it sounded like she was saying that since the PIP was gone, the other parts of the policy would have to kick in if I needed medical care. So higher premium. Isn't this suspicious? If they coulda kept the PIP on (as some carriers did with some people), the premium would not have gone up. ? Maybe. I hate them. I want to unobtain them. I get a discount because the homeowners is through them but plan to shop around anyway when the policy is up for renewal.

I made a roast. DS is asleep. I want to obtain slices and eat them.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 11-24-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #58  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
I hate them. I want to unobtain them.
I think they are obscene.

Doesn't PIP mean picture in picture? This is not a useful feature for car insurance policies, it is for televisions.

Here's what I have to batch about today. I have barely spoken to my dd for 10 minutes the whole time she's been home, and she's leaving today. I can't throw a ball worth sh*t for the dog and my back hurts (possibly related).

DH has to fast today, liquids and clear "foods" only, in eager anticipation for a "procedure" tomorrow. He can hardly wait ....

We watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest last night. Perhaps we should have watched something cheerier.

Kiwi
Old 11-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #59  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

i love the Bridges of Madison County the best--i could read A Fine Balance again or maybe Wuthering Heights-----i could obtain another list for peaches if she would like. regarding your 10 minute convo with your dd miss kiwi,i Totally understand that one---they come home and then they hang out with their bf or friends or in my case their dad,and home just becomes a dropoff spot!!! TEENAGERS !!!!!-=----I MEAN----'YOUNG ADULTS'!!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #60  
loves kleenex box art

DS and LCP have broken up. I have come to love her and wanted to get closer to her. I imagined what their babies would look like.

I can't throw a ball either.

I get to train for new stuff tomorrow at work. I have nagged my boss to let me do this and he is letting me but ... the trainer will be Snaggie (made up name) with whom I do not compat. Her teeth smile all the time and not her face. Her conversation consists of asking personal questions. She cried phoney. The other day I told her she was stressing me out and she hasn't spoken to me since. Ack.
Closed Thread