Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Cool The SIX PACK ABS/bikini-ready bodies CLUB!

Is anyone else here fixated on getting really nice, sexy, visible abs?

I think it would be a pretty neat idea to get some chicks wanting abs together. We can post exercise/diet tips, discuss ways to reduce %body fat, give each other support, and brag about (and show off) our victories!

So, if you're interested, introduce yourself and post your goals along with how you're going to get there (if possible).

I'll start.

Hi. I'm Aidyn I hit my goal weight recently (pics and story in sig if you're curious) and am now getting told increasingly that I look slim and slender, but I'm dissatisfied with my body because it's definitely not what I would call bikini ready due to a combination of cellulite and loose skin on my lower stomach. I really want to be rid of the cellulite by this summer, even if the loose skin will stay a little longer (hopefully not forever - since I am 21 years old, I have a chance of it snapping back with time).

I'm trying to kick my diet up a notch by eating at least 40% protein, no more than 30% fat, and 30%ish give or take of carbs. I still eat refined sugars and starches, though I am trying to eat less since I heard they hinder ab progress.

Other things? I'm into music, acting, writing, rock shows, bars (even though I rarely drink anymore ), computers, fitness, and being social. I live in a boring college town with my girlfriend of 2.5 years. I'm always laughing and cracking jokes, despite the fact that I rarely smile in pictures because I think my picture smile is fake and forced. I did some modeling in the past and plan to do it again once my body is bikini ready.

So, uh, anyone else?

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 11-10-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

What about if we have a muffin top or just want to slenderize a soft torso?

Same principles, yes?

I could certainly use a kick-in-the-pants type accountability thread.

Let me think on some goals. I'll get back to ya.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:13 AM   #3  

Absolutely, Susan - it all goes along the same lines... losing ab flab, building muscle, looking better in your clothes... Post here any time!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:16 AM   #4  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I'm game. And, since you said we could show off, I even have a picture, thanks to Meg's thread "from muffin tops to six-packs." (See here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126818).

Here's one I took this morning. Sorry about the goofy angle -- it's hard to take pictures of your own abs, at least if your camera doesn't have a timer and it's too dark to take a picture in the mirror sans flash.

I'm getting there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00616_web.jpg (82.7 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by kaw; 11-10-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #5  
Meg

Holy cow, Kim! You're not "getting there" ... you ARE there!!! Wow!!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #6  

Ooops, sorry. Judging by the pictures, I've come to the wrong place

Is there a beginners section here somewhere?

I know ... time, effort and the dreaded perserverance.

On a more optimistic note ... I had a protein shake for brkfst. First one I've had in ages.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #7  

Oh yes, I'm supposed to have a plan.
Today ... 126 lbs. 28" waist. 25.2% body fat

I'm going to muddle through a couple of days seeing how much protein I'm getting fairly easily and work from there. Under my chiropractors tutelage, I'm not lifting until at least Monday. But I can sweat without kinking my neck.

I plan to see progress within the first two weeks.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #8  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Susan: Of course you're not in the wrong place. You're such a positive influence wherever you post, any new forum is lucky to have you!

As for the protein question, I don't worry about hitting 1 g/lb of bodyweight. In order to do this and still stay within my target calories, I'd have to limit my fruit intake, and I lurvvv fruit, especially apples. (That's why I like fall. Leaves, schmeaves: it's all about the apples!)

I do try to eat protein with every meal, and "on plan" for me is 100g of protein per day, give or take. To get there I usually have a protein shake, but only because this is an easy and convenient way (whey? ha ha ha) to get a goodly amount of protein without adding many non-protein calories. It's not a majik bullit, by any means.

Kim
Old 11-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #9  

OHMYGAWSH, KIM!!! you are SOOOO there. Girrrrl, you have an EIGHT pack!! I didn't know it was POSSIBLE for women to get abs like that without being some kind of professional bodybuilder... you look AMAZING!

Susan, I'm a beginner at this whole 6 pack abs thing, too!

I bought whey protein today in hopes that it will help me get better abs. And yes, Susan, I heard they take time, too

Here are a couple pictures of my... errrr... work in progress. I can't say I didn't warn you about the cellulite and loose skin Click the pics to enlarge, if you dare.

Attachment 27582 Attachment 27583

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 01-17-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #10  

Ok... goals.

Right now, I'm 135 lbs (content with this weight for now), have a 28" waist, and something like a two pack.

I want a 4-6 pack. I'm not looking to get SUPER ripped; I just want nice abdominal definition with no visible or pinch-able fat. I want to keep my soft, feminine curves (T&A) and have no intentions on getting a female bodybuilder-veins-popping-out-you-can-see-every-single-muscle type body - just a lean, fit, and reasonably firm one. Those of you who DO have the aforementioned body are highly commended by me... it takes SO much dedication, determination, hard training and clean eating to get a body like that, so congrats, girls!! I don't think it's "disgusting" and I do not have any bias against the super-hardcore-UBERmuscular-bodybuilder-type body -- I just don't want one for myself.

Does anyone know who Jackie Warner from Work Out is? She's my inspiration, as she is prety much exactly what I want my body to look like. One exception, though: my boobs are and will be much bigger :

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 11-11-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Ya, this is what I've been working towards myself. Well, I should say aspiring too. I know that amazing abs are mostly in the diet and low body fat and I KNOW what I should and shouldn't be eating to get them...I just can't seem to consistently eat clean. Maybe if I work together with you guys it will make me more accountable.

I don't know that a 4 or 6 pack is necessarily my goal..I don't like math and don't want to count my packs...ROFL...I do know I want it FIRM, not giggly and I want my entire midsection leaner and smaller overall. I'd like to have a 23" or 24" waist that is solid. If I get a 4-6 pack out of the deal great, if not, no biggy, maybe at that point I'd decide to take it further.

Shane, Oxygen has a really super good special edition dedicated entirely to the abs. It's super informative and I highly recommend it. Now, if I could just make myself actually DO the stuff it says too, I'd be doing well.

And Kim may I say...HOLY RIPPED ABS BATMAN!!! WHOA!!! You rock!!!!

I'll attach a goal pic and a current pic. Ugh, can't believe how embarrassing the current is. Yuck...talk about flab. Definitely makes me not want to eat anything bad today, that's for sure!!

I'm currently 114lbs (yes, I've gained since I updated my ticker and profile :o) and have a 27.5" waist. Not sure what my body fat is, anyone know a good online calculator that's fairly accurate?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goalabs.jpg (12.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg currentabs.jpg (18.1 KB, 126 views)
Old 11-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #12  

Goinforthegold, I am the same way... I KNOW I need to eat VERY clean to have nice abs, and I just slip up so often! I exercise a lot, but my diet still needs improvement.

Your stomach is NOT yucky! I see the definition forming and I can tell that it is pretty firm. You're definitely on your way. And don't be embarrassed about posting it, ****, I posted mine and mine isn't looking as fab as, say, Kim or Jackie Warner yet either!

I really like the goal abs picture you posted, because she still has breasts ( I hope they are natural!) and a well-defined waist; two things I have and hope to keep once I get my nice abs - ever noticed how a lot of fitness professionals practically lose their breasts while reducing their % body fat until they get implants? I know it makes sense, as breasts are FAT, too, but I'm going to try my best to make sure that does NOT happen!

I want a 24" waist, too, but I don't know if that is possible on my body structure (I'm sort of big boned, like for real). I'll settle for a 25" or 26" as long as I have nice abs, of course.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:57 AM   #13  

Oh honeys, I dunno about a picture. This is a 3-csection-47-year-old torso!
I'll think about that tomorrow when I'm home alone with the camera.

I'm trying out dailyplate.com so I'm stumbling and fiddling with percentages. I think I'm eating too much although yesterday I did do a good job of protein. And I seem to have an overall calorie deficit.
The protein shake really made a difference to my hunger throughout the day thing.
I'm toying with the idea of sandwiches which can be BFL-ish if I'm careful ... and they're portable.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Ya Shane, I doubt they're real...they look a little too perfect and perky...though it's hard to see since there's not much showing in the pic.

I'm not sure if my waist size goal is realistic either b/c although I'm so little, I have NO curves or defined waist at all...I'm shaped more like a boy than anything. So, we'll see. First I have to stop eating so much crap and start eating clean...ALL THE TIME.

So should we post progress pics ...maybe every two weeks?? That might keep me motivated.

And Susan, if I got the nerve to post my 33 yr old stretch mark covered post-baby belly, (and directly beside my goal photo mind you just for a little extra humiliation ) you can too.

I may as well come clean with a little confession too...I was sucking in the stupid thing in the picture. Do I get disqualified now?

Last edited by goinforthegold; 11-11-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #15  

Yah, progress pics every 2 weeks sounds like a GREAT idea!

Susan, you don't have to post a pic if you don't want to... but I promise no one will be mean if you do

goinforthegold - nah, you're not disqualified In one of the pics I took, I might have been able to get a slight bit of a slimming effect because I was holding the camera away from my stomach (to take a picture), so my body was naturally stretched a little. AND even if you ARE sucking in, you STILL have a little bit of definition, which I sure as **** didn't have a few months ago even if I DID suck in.

As for the breasts, I agree... but some people really do have large, perky, real boobs.
Closed Thread